/swg/ - Wave 10 Hype?

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

RIP Assault Gunboat

QUADMASTER REVERSE MANEUVER COCKFIGHTING!

GET HYPE!

Sabine confirmed for FFG waifu

I'm going to have to practice painting a rooster insignia for my future Quadjumpers, and find some interesting bird color patterns.

Confession time:

I never liked the gunboat

It was my most hated ship in that game

>Shit, another Gunboat mission?

I've only recently started keeping track of FFGs when X-Wing and Armada became popular at my society. Is announcing a nee wave before the one before is even released normal?

Why did Armada have 2 waves of one ship for each faction when all three could be merged?

Oh well. Guess I'm excited either way.

>Kylo's Shuttle

Fuck yeah. I mean it was only a matter of time but still awesome to see. Now I want Leia's B-Wing shuttle (which should have really been the Rebel/Resistance ship in this wave to balance out the FO large ship).

>TIE Fighter with a paintjob

Meh. I get that it might have some cool upgrades but a unique ship should be part of one of the specialty expansions, not a core ship. And if they're going to do a Rebel TIE then they should have included a Poe card to be used with the FO TIE.

>Quadjumper

I'm pretty sure those things aren't even capable of hyperspace. Then again, that doesn't mean they can't get involved in local fight. Still kind of tepid on it but not as cold as I am towards the Rebel TIE.

I'm not thrilled to be honest; same as with the previous wave. What's interesting is that there's only three ships in total which is somewhat low for a wave and makes me wonder if they'll announce a few more ships - I'm thinking this is where the U-Wing and Avenger will come in as we get closer the R1 - that are technically still part of the current wave like they've done in the past.

I forgot to mention but Armada Wave 5 looks pretty awesome. Now that I'm definitely excited for even though I don't play Armada yet.

>Sabine's TIE Fighter Expansion Pack
OH MY DIIIIIICK

X-Wing, yes that's normal.

Armada is being done like this to help get things moving, they tried with Wave 2 holding it back but there are a few more design problems in Armada then in X-Wing, so testing takes longer.

They're releasing Armada like this so people don't have to wait a whole year before news of the next wave is released/dropped.

It's Gencon weekend, one of the biggest weekends in Veeky Forums, so not surprising FFG wanted a lot of announcements. Also, I'm not sure, is Wave IX stuff available at their booth at Gencon?

BMST is shit.
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

It's not tho

I think so. Yesterday somebody posted the dial of the Fang Fighter from an opened booster.

>Kylo's Shuttle
Always felt those wings should fold all the way down in flight, but it makes sense to be in, even if I'm not a big fan of it's design.

>Sabine's TIE Fighter
Eh, okay. I guess. The No Generic pilots thing is interesting.

>Quadjumper
This thing looks like its held together with straps, glitterstim fever, and a desperate fear of Hutt loansharks. So it'll probably be fun.

All Wave 9 stuff's been spoiled.

Shadow Caster with all 3-speed greens is obscene.

I think whether or not the Rebel TIE is a dud is going to largely depend on what people do with Sabine's Masterpiece. That gives the rebels a fairly cheap small ship with a bonus Illicit and Crew slot. We'll have to see what the new Illicit does, but I bet it gives some interesting tricks to the ship. Plus what looks like old man Rex both as a pilot and a crew. There's going to be some new synergy possibilities here, while still keeping things uniquely rebel (This is what, third Rebel ship in a row with all unique pilots?)

And personally, with Young Wedge and Interceptors showing up in Rebels, I'm curious to see if this "captured" type of ships continues.

>(which should have really been the Rebel/Resistance ship in this wave to balance out the FO large ship)

Technically, FO is playing catch up with a large ship since Heroes of the Resistance is coming out first, which fives the TFA era Falcon.

Normal-ish. Wave 9 is going to be hitting the shelves in the near future, and it seems to actually be on time for once. There are two ships not being shown with the new preview, which are likely Rogue One tie-ins. This means that if FFG wants to get everything done in time for Q4, they've got to start the Wave 10 hype train now.

And Armada is different. Because of the cost of the game and its expansions, attracting new players is harder than with X-wing. FFG is playing it cautious with Armada releases, if only to make sure they don't get ahead of themselves

It is the most maneuverable big ship in the game, barring hyper Dash with Kanan onboard.

hey questanon, you still alive?

>Technically, FO is playing catch up with a large ship since Heroes of the Resistance is coming out first, which fives the TFA era Falcon

Fair point. Although it's hard for me to not just see the TFA Falcon as a unique re-skin of an existing ship like the 'Aces' packs.

>I'm curious to see if this "captured" type of ships continues.
Wraith Squadron TIE Interceptor or we riot.

Also, I want a Vuffi Raa crew card to pair with Lando

Speaking of precedent, got an interesting one with the Upsilon, a non-epic ship which has the Coordinate action. With a generic and a couple of low PS-uniques which might be good to carry Papa Palpatine and turn the ship into a real mess of imp support boat. The Kylo Ren's Shuttle title adds another move to assign stress too, looks like.

Also, I really want to have Kylo Ren fly around Darth Vader

>Wasting an action for a 50% chance of slightly damaging someone
>While clearing a stress off of them
>Which also means it'll only work once a turn on a specific target
>While feedback array exists

Yeah sure thing mate

>spoiler

Do you think Kylo will spin in Ep VIII?

>best grandpa, 11/10
>cry errytime.

>Wedge in an interceptor
>A couple of other famous Wraiths like Face
>Wraith Squadron title to add the Illicit

I want it. I want it real bad.

He's only PS 6, there's no way he has access to such advanced maneuvers.

It should be noted that you only remove the stress if it succeeds, range is 1 to 2, and Scum is getting a very reliable way of stacking extra stress on assholes (Asajj).

That said, it's only alright. It's a common upgrade slot for Scum, cheap at 1pt, and not as bad as sabateaur.

>Also, I really want to have Kylo Ren fly around Darth Vader
It's secretly just a Vader body pillow

Also, you don't give it to someone important. You shove it onto a Binayre Pilot and call it a day. You then harass any stress abusing Uboat or make Fel actually think about when he want's to PTL. It's more psychological than anything else.

Now. Let's see what my elf eyes can see about this wave.

Okay, a Score to Settle means you give an enemy ship an "Usettled Debts" condition and whenever you attack that ship you can turn 1 [eyeball] into a [crit] result.
Zero points EPT. Yeah, that's getting shoved on Nora.
It's basically Kallus but an EPT.

I can't fucking read the title for Kylo's shuttle AT all. But his pilot ability looks like the first time you attack him you get his Condition effect.

Kylo Ren's Shuttle title?

I think it says something like "At the end of the Combat Phase, choose an unstressed enemy ship at range 1-2. The owner of that ship must assign that ship a stress token, or assign a stress token to another ship at range 1-2 of you that that player controls".

>not A Droid in a Custom Made Replica Vader Suit

Have we had time to form a consensus on Conditions as a new mechanic, or do we need to wait to see what all of them do first?

Conditions are basically just a way to have a "this ship has a lasting effect on it that doesn't go away at the end of each turn."

>I can't fucking read the title for Kylo's shuttle AT all.

"At the end of the Combat phase, choose an unstressed enemy ship at Range 1-2. The owner must assign a stress token to it or assign a stress token to another ship at Range 1-2 of you that that player controls."

So basically it's a longer-ranged Mara, except it only works on one ship, and the opponent gets to pick if they have more than 1 ship in range.

Not /awful/, but I dunno if it's worth 2pts (maybe with that range)

So, we had same ships for Scum and for Rebs. And only just for Scum and Imps with the Firespray.

And now we have our first ship for both Rebels and Imps. Do we expect to see more in the future? Like a Wraith Interceptor, or a captured Lambda?

Will we see more imp ships in scum? Or rebel ships for imps? Will a previously scum exclusive ship jump back across the line to Rebs or Imps?

It's a lot of points, but you could also combo it with Mara. Ships in range one all get one, and then you can pick a ship at Range 2 to get one, unless the guy wants to stack a second on the range 1.

You'd have to have a very specific reason for such a trick though.

Triple-faction Skipray where?

Could have different upgrade slots for each faction, each from a different Skipray model, with the ship names set up like "GAT-12* Skipray" so that each faction would have a different submodel. This'd allow easy upgrade typecasts - would be "Skipray only" to be ava. for all factions, or, say, "GAT-12h only" to lock it to one. Saves space vs. the usual "Ship only. Faction only."

It's interesting that the opponent can pick a ship that's already stressed.

I'm more interested in the deployment shenanigans from Hyperspace Comm-whatever. Looks like a "deploy at PS12 thing maybe"

I don't know whether to be more hyped for Imperial Assault of Armada.

>Imperial Assault
>Rancor, Jabba, a focus on scum generics and uniques, jet troopers, dewback riders, Jedi Luke and Rebel snipers

>Armada
>Rebel "command" ship, Imperial broadside ship, swarmable Headhunter squadrons, TIE Phantoms, Hera basically turning the Ghost into a pocket-carrier

did this last year, costing is shit ofc

oops, missed 2 of the primary ion settings. Would have a reference card, the idea I was running with was that regular hit results would deal a single ion token if there were uncancelled results, and crits would deal an ion and a normal damage for each uncancelled.

These seem good but the Lorem Ipsum ability on the Security Force Pilot is a bit much for 29 points.

ehehe

Flavour text is like, the last thing I do

No

Well that's good to know
Been working on anything interesting aside from being spooky?

Taking summer classes, having no motivation to write anything, and going to a Lego convention and blowing $200+.

So, Quadjumpers 6 speed 1 maneuvers? Do you think it's gonna be the usual five and a 1-speed K turn, or something like bank, turn and tallon roll? Either way, together with the barrel roll it has the potential to be one hell of a knife fighter.

some people have peeped at the reference cards and have figured out it might be able to do some moves BACKWARDS

Aye, there's a "rever..." visible. It doesn't look too agile, so my guess is straight and bank, both forwards and reverse.
What would be fun is if it had a title/modification that let it spit out bombs in front of it.

I have to say I really like the look on that ship. It's super compact in a cozy way and almost all engines. I bit it would fly real quick with the right mods.

It honestly looks more like some smuggler's ship from cowboy bebop or firefly than anything traditional star warsy. Not that that's a bad thing.

I had a boredom.

Flies surprisingly well due to airbrakes and roll control.

can't make orbit tho

It's a very good thing in my book, and I'm still a big fan of traditional star wars style designs. Man, just looking at it makes me want to attempt a "space western" game again.

THEN ATTACH IT TO GIGANTIC PAIR OF ROCKETS THAT CAN!

IT IS THE KERBAL WAY!

Quadjumper really tickles my "Non-war tech re-purposed as war tech" spot. Hope It'll actually be good in play, it's cheap at least.

Damn I'm hype for the upsilon

With Kylo Ren in mind, I wonder if we'll see him in some kind of First Order Tie Advanced in the future movies.

If they continue to imitate the OT as they did in EP VII, probably. So I hope not.

You up to do more pain train, questy?
It's been a long time

Well I mean they'll probably just copy everything like they have been for dat pottery.

At this point I just want more first order ships for xwing

I just got no steam for it right now.

Maybe ask me on Monday.

We'll have to see if the FO can get their act together and maybe field some ships which are actually a challenge to the T-70s. There were some cool concept art designs we might still see in a later film, though really with now three FO ships (and you never know, they could squeak that landing ship in for a fourth), it's Resistance who needs to play catchup in the ship game, with only the T-70 and an alternate YT-1300 to their name. And I'm hoping not just a T-85 X-Wing to play the TIE/sf to the T-70's TIE/FO

Assuming LFL gave the rubber stamp on Kylo as PS 6 though, he's not necessarily presenting much of a challenge for PS 8 Rey and now PS 9 Poe.

Anyone know where Neuromaniac is going to host the star wars rpg stuff now that KAT is kill?

Never Forget

After the Jumpmaster's dial, this isn't quite as farfetched anymore

I feel like I missed some sort of old joke.

One user was enamored with the "TIE Lancer" concept art to the point it became a running gag.

And then some madman actually customized a mini.

> "TIE Lancer" concept art

This I have to see. Google gives me nothing.

For some reason I can't see that happening, although I do know Ep VIII will have a likely fix for the Rebel small ship problem.

>bringing back the A-wing

My hopes for episode VIII righting wrongs and making the new trilogy worthwhile is dwindling. Not that I don't love the A-wing, it's just, well, I would like the new movies to actually be new.

>PS 9 Poe.
Question about this. Does this Poe retcon the one in the Core Set?

I think they're basically just saying "whoops we underestimated how gud he is at piloting, also his art should have his actual ship"

You can choose to use either, I think

They have different point costs, so no.

That's how I felt about the TIEs and the T-70s.

Yeah, that's what I felt too, but I decide to be optimistic and hope it was a thing they did with the first movie to, I don't know, have some continuity?

I have two guesses as to why they didn't just do that from the beginning:
1. They didn't want a PS9 in a core set (the original also had an 8 and a 5 for the unique X-wings).
2. They didn't want to spoil anything by making his pilot skill that high (even though he'd already been billed as the best pilot in the galaxy before the movie was even out).

The miniatures game might have had something to do with it, but I now like the T-70 more than the T-65.

Does that thing even have a hyperdrive?

I don't think so, but neither does the TIE fighters.

Oh shit, that thing has McQuarrie style blaster cannons.

Control+F on the Wookieepedia article doesn't show the word "hyperdrive" anywhere.

It looks a little dusty and beat up though. Might be a relic or something from an old-timer.

They've also tried to build it with some logical sense, the TIE/FO is identical looking to the TIE/LN but more advanced internally because the First Order are trying REALLY HARD to be the Empire and the T-70 is supposed to be outdated by New Republic standards. It's following the logic the new movies are establishing, but we can have hopes for more diverse ship models on both sides given the setup at the end of TFA - pulling back to a "main fleet" for the First Order and hopefully anybody left in the New Republic actually listening to Leia now that their senate got bushwacked.

So short version they've thrown the steps to walk them out into doing new and interesting things, we have to wait and see until shit is actually out to see if they walk them. The U-Wing idea definitely makes it seem like they're not afraid to have new ship models show up.

Nope. Both Poes are legit. One is 31pts for PS8, the other is 33 for PS9. The advantage to the PS9 one, is that it keeps your EPT open for other stuff, without needing to worry about Adaptability or Vet Instincts.

From the wook:

>"a group of junk haulers who moonlighted as gunrunners used an unmodified quadjumper while working in the Western Reaches"

This suggests hyperspace range, and it specify unmodified which means the hyperdrive is standard.

Though TFA likes to insinuate that the upper levels of the Republic Fleet also got nuked when the Hosnian system was wiped out.

I already have a build or two in mind for the PS9.
>PTL/Predator
>BB-8/R2 Astromech
>Black One title
>Integrated Astromech

>

A galaxy-spanning government that keeps its entire fleet in one system deserves to get superweapon'd

Yeah, they got good in-universe reasons for the familiar design, but coupled with how closely the plot mimicked ANH you get a bit worried. I want the new trilogy to have it's own look and feel, like the prequels did. And also good movies, unlike the prequels.

Yes, a government that decides it needs to Demilitarize in the middle of still fighting it enemy deserved that.

I assume the NR Still has other parts of its fleet but just from the way they did the scene and dialogue it implies (at least to myself) that the upper admirals are dead.

nope

enjoy your blue x-wings and black tie fighters

>I want the new trilogy to have it's own look and feel, like the prequels did.
Even as a kid, that was one of my problems with the prequels. The whole aesthetic just didn't feel "Star Wars" enough.

>in the middle of still fighting it enemy
The First Order was a secret fleet hidden outside of the galaxy. They only recently showed up before TFA.

Well, the Senate and all their big fancy flagships evaporated, but they still have like, 99.99% of their membership worlds. God forbid somebody in the writer's room remember how scale works.

Though that could be a halfway decent plot point in VIII "The New Republic has yet to crawl out of their own ass because they're split between headless military and headless civilian government who can't agree on what to do"

I mean, I agree, but I also have made my peace with the idea of getting the other slice of that 50/50.

Yeah, and the first thing Mon Mothma annouces right at the start of the NRs life was she wanted to Demilitarize the army.

While still fighting the Empire.

Before the battle of Jakku happened and there are Warlords splattered across the Galaxy.

And even if the NuRepublic went for a more decentralized military structure, that still leaves local systems with whatever planetary and sector budgets can afford for self-defense.

I pity the brave souls in some poor backwater going off to sortie in Pinooks.

>It looks a little dusty and beat up though. Might be a relic or something from an old-timer.

One of Poe's buddies in the comics (and an old friend wingmate of his Mother) still flies an A-wing.