Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/
If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/
zenithgames.blog
docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know what, it's technically breaking the rules but I'll post here instead. Thanks Neo-OP.

What's better, a DEX-based unchained monk or a STR-based one?

Same. Fetish bait OPs are cancer.

Normally I don't suggest creating another topic, even if the other one is shit. But I don't understand vore. Like at all. I certainly don't want the entire fucking thread to be about it.

So, dragon and horror books were awful. When was the last good book released? Was it Ultimate Intrigue? Weapon Master's Handbook? Tome of Battle?

Depends on if your DM allows you easy access to Dex to damage. If they do, its definitely Dex based.

Ultimate intrigue was all right but my query is if there is anything salvageable from Horror Adventures and Legacy of Dragons ?

The pages can be used to light a fire.

The calligraphy wyrm and pseudowyverns are cute!

>But I don't understand vore. Like at all.
That's a bad reasoning, user.
I myself kinda like vore occasionally. But I still completely resent that thread and much prefer this one. Why? Because I think fetish OP's don't belong on fucking blue boards. Not because I disagree with a particular fetish.

The last book that was given universal acclaim? Distant Shores and Inner Sea Races.

The last book that was generally seen as good? Ultimate Intrigue.

Geez at this point I don't want to see their approach in Incarnum mechanics if they keep fucking up like this.

So far the only good thing I have seen from HA is the Serial Killer and the Gingerbread Witch. The corruptions are kinda ass.

Legacy of Dragons wouldn't even be worth to serve as fancy toilet paper.

Serial Killer was pretty good-Hangman also seems like it might be interesting, if not really effective. Same for the Mooncursed barbarian. Dragons had some interesting racial options, and I liked a few of the style feats. The Covetous Oracle curse seems like it might be fun for a certain type of character.

Beyond that, though, not a whole lot to write home about.

I'm reading through it now, I plan on giving a full review on it later

>Archetypes
Most are trash, moontouched barb and serial killer are aces, I personally like hangman and living grimoire.

>Spells
Can we please not stick evil on anything remotely cool? Too much require sacrifice, the effects aren't great, there's not a lot of gems from what I've seen.

>Corruptions
We all know the score here, I'd like to write a few of my own later.

>Fleshwarping
Hey, did someone call for a straight conversion of 3.5 grafting with worse grafts?

>Monsters
Now I actually like these, a lot of them are templates and stuff, but there's some cool ones that a few friends of mine wrote.

I'll do a better write up later.

How do people feel about allowing corruptions, but not making them three-failed-saves-means-character-death-or-retirement?

The Occultist. It's already out and pretty good.

Strength, because you can use a two-handed weapon and get 1.5x STR/PA as an Unchained Monk.

That was more an exclamation and an unneeded addition on my part. Fetish threads are bad. I can at least see some fetishes, but vore I just don't get. I'd much rather the threads actually be about a good topic to discuss.

Any chances we get any dragon-related content? Sure, the Druid and the Shaman darke archetypes are decent at 13+, but neither class is exactly my cup of tea to begin with.

>Gingerbread Witch

Friendly reminder that Horror Adventures lets you play a vore witch!

WHY

WHY WAS LEGACY OF DRAGONS SO SHIT

PAIZO HAD DRAGONS TO WORK WITH, LITERALLY THE MOST METAL AND "writes itself" RACE IN FANTASY

AND THEY FUCKED UP.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP DRAGONS

Have you never read Grimm fairy tales? The gingerbread witch is literally from Hansel and Gretel.

What if I got an Amulet of Mighty fists with Agile? Would STR still be stronger?

I plan on doing a dragon book, and from a writer's standpoint, I will be using drakes, but I do plan on writing content to make them less jank, even if it's through feats and traits. Those who remember the playtest will remember that Dragon Champion vigilante still exist, it's still the first thing that was added to my eventual dragon book.

Probably, yeah. It saves you a +1 and a feat, and assuming you want Power Attack (you do) you need some strength anyway.

How is Paizo reacting to people who point out you can't ride your drake as a Cavalier until Book 5/6 of their APs?

If you want to focus on dealing damage: Go strength.
If you want to be more durable: Go dexterity.

Or at all in PFS?

Non PF player, what was the problems with dragons?

PS, Wyverns a best

Blood Alchemist is alright, I think? It needs clarification on how Blood Circles and Blood Points work/how long they last/if they can be recovered.

Being perfectly fair here, the drake companions WOULD be fine, if they just started off at small and didn't have the level 17 size increase. Basically just move it from level 17 to level 1 and you solve the vast majority of the issues the companion itself has.

doesn't rely solve the steaming pile of shit the archetypes are, though.

Thanks. I'm new to pathfinder, so my GM recommended me to pump as many stuff into AC as possible, so I chose to go the Crane Style route.

Legacy of Dragons was supposed to give you all sorts of awesome lore and character archetypes associated with dragons and working with them, basically an opposite of the Dragon Slayer's Guide.

What we got were useless traits that hardly had any flavor and archetypes that give you a drake companion at the cost of most useful class skills, and the drake companion only pulls their weight by the halfway mark of a Paizo AP.

Are people actually asking this on the Paizo forums? That the drake is utterly useless for most campaigns?

Would an usagimimi shota be the ultimate crafting cohort?

As someone who is on /d/ vore threads every now and then, it seems like there's at least one guy every other vore thread who specifically comes in to ask people to explain it to them
Sometimes they try and explain and sometimes they fall back on how sexual desire is unexplainable in general.
This is pfg and not d so we'll go with the latter today.

Not really, since usagimimi are only getting the bonus if THEY use the stuff they make, right? It's no help to others.

>VMC oracle
>bite counts as one larger
>be strength witch
>become huge dragon
>cast strong jaw
>bite for double damage
> 2x colossal+ creature

Now this is being a real Dragon.

Remember to take Vital Strike. At that point, it's actually worth it.

I can agree to that, which is something that can be fixed with feats, as well as me writing my own archetypes for how to give classes that don't have access to it a sweet dragon buddy.

Fly-based discipline when, Gareth?

Could you please make a vore dragon alchemist archetype?

Can we just flood the shitty vore thread with character art like we did last time? That way we don't have to worry about some assholes keeping it alive and throwing it in as the new thread once this one starts autosaging?

By the time you're devoting that much effort to opposing something that took the original vore OP half a minute to do, you've already lost.

Should we dump more vore in it then?

If you could write in the Hunter, that'd be swell. They're supposed to be THE petmaster class.

If I wanted to make an archetype for a class that opens up Wild Shape to non-druid classes, what class should get it? I was considering fighter or ranger.

>I plan on doing a dragon book
>Dragon Champion vigilante still exists
>more content from someone who already has good content

Your only mistake is reminding me that I'll have to wait to find out what everything in it will be. You're safe solely because Dragon Champion was baller as fuck.
Dragon Champion specialization, and Cha-to-thing, when?

It's hard to validate a dragon archetype for alchemist after Paizo just did one, vore or not. Even if that archetype was completely unnecessary

I'm actually shocked they didn't get one, that's easily going to be in my list of drake classes. If I'm lucky, I'll get to playtest that one here.

I, for one, always appreciate TWF elves.
THF elves are okay, too, I guess.

Posting in the first non shit /pfg/ thread in weeks.

Thank you, OP. You are the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

Any chances you can do wyverns too or something? Honestly, the drake works far better as a companion moving on its own and is terrible until very lategame as a mount.

At this point what's the reason to even keep these threads around? They obviously only attract those scum of the earth "it's Veeky Forums so it's ok to throw my fetishes at everything and everybody and if you complain I'll act worse than the furries do!"

It's honestly pointless, just discuss things with your group, you'll probably get a better conversation out of them than here ever could.

Because they wanted to make cool stuff with dragon themes, but didn't want to break everything by doing so. Unfortunately, as is often the case with Paizo, they vastly, hilariously over-corrected, to the point that the fucking ARTs are some of the best, most useful options in the book.

I do want to give D. Champ its own specialization, and I think I'm going to actually not make it breath/claw split between giving it two like I did with the Pactbound Kineticist in KOP 2 (I almost wish I didn't write that alreayd so I could add it to this).

Before Drakes, I had thought about including Wyverns, so at this point I'll have to work and see what I can do, although drake spiritualist sound like some fun.

You're free to leave any time.
Won't stop the threads from happening.

Being fair here, the Drake isn't terrible. It's just terrible at low levels, and the Shaman is the only archetype that doesn't gut itself to get it.

>I do want to give D.

Maybe as a feat much like Monstrous Mount? (And preferrably without something like Monstrous Mount Mastery)

looking to get into pathfinder. I've only played 1 game that was just me and dm so I could understand the basics of playing, never played d&d or anything else. Got a couple questions.

Should I get the core rulebook?
Tips for finding games, dm i played with says he has trouble putting together a group, so would roll20 or something else be the way to go?
Would fighter be a good class to start with until i understand the game more to avoid dying 2 min into combat?

Thanks for any help

>Terrible at low levels
>Shaman is the only archetype that doesn't gut itself to get it

Like I said, vastly and hilariously over-corrected. Which is a pity, because going on awesome adventures with a dragon friend sounded pretty fucking cool.

>Maybe as a feat much like Monstrous Mount? (And preferrably without something like Monstrous Mount Mastery)
Like leadership.

People liked Distant Shores?

>Should I get the core rulebook?
Absolutely not. It's all free online legally.

>Tips for finding games, dm i played with says he has trouble putting together a group, so would roll20 or something else be the way to go?
roll20 is a way to go but it's all up to luck. You can find great and terrible there - mostly terrible. Every so often pfg recruits for games: the people will probably be nice (probably) but you might be out of your depth at the optimisation level pfg plays at.

>Would fighter be a good class to start with until i understand the game more to avoid dying 2 min into combat?
Absolutely fucking no.

d20pfsrd.com/
zenithgames.blog spot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

It didn't do anything offensive beyond introduce Crystal's super special divine matriarchy, stuff like Hero-Gods and the Iridian Fold were pretty cool.

Except for Crystal's holy matriarchy that somehow worships a female version of Asmodeus, yeah. Was actually really decent.

So I'm reading through the Paizo forums because I hate myself and apparently there are people that enjoy the sanity rules and don't think they unfairly punish martial characters.

I guess, although "it was alright, I guess" isn't the same as universal acclaim.

>looking to get into pathfinder
Don't

Do a 360 and walk away

Get yourself a good system with a good group instead of this kludge we have to wallpaper with 3pp to make functional.

>Should I get the core rulebook
Well, there IS a website you can access that has all of the pertinent information (as well as some updates and FAQ fixes): d20pfsrd.com/
>Tips for finding games
Roll20 is probably not the best choice if you're just starting out, at least until you get a better grip on the rules. The community also has its ups and downs-even veteran players might have a hard time finding good people on there.
>Would fighter be a good class
Yeah, pretty basic, not a whole lot to keep track of. Might be worth checking out a guide or two for suggestions, though-could give you some stuff to think about as you get more experience with the system.

Really, I just want DC because it's exactly the "all-day, reasonable martially oriented half-dragon" I've always wanted. The fact that your version of the breath weapon was something that actually looked worth using was just icing on the cake. Like, the ONLY major complaint I remember having was that there was nothing involving form of the dragon, but that's small stuff.

I kind of hope for a copy of Spiritual Duelist for the Dragon Champion, but that's because my lust for Cha-to-thing is absolutely immense.

I want your CHA to *my* thing, ohohohoho.

>Super special divine matriarchy
>Female version of Asmodeus

Think I missed that one. Can you give me the basic bullet points?

If you're a woman, you can now be a LG paladin of Asmodeus.

Didn't that already exit? Hellknights are Any Lawful and there is expressly at least one mentioned Paladin in them.

I'm pretty sure there were already rules for that, and there were at least two options to do that which weren't gender restricted.

As of Path of the Hellknight, Hellknights don't worship Asmo-chan and are completely and entirely unaffiliated with Hell or House Thrune.

Here I am the madman posting on Veeky Forums during my lunch break. I am curious as to any form of feedback, or any form of talk. However I have a more important point to place, a few questions to pose.

What do you want to see most out of the Unchained Cavalier? (now that hard pressed development is underway, it's likely to change)

What does the Unchained Fighter not yet provide that you want to see?

Thank you everyone for your support.

I'll look over the fighter when I get a chance and give feedback.

Look of Holomog, it's literally described as a Divine Matriarchy where women are both the rulers and warriors, the latter because FUCK OFF ITS CANON and the former because every man who tries to sit on the throne dies horrifically.

If you're a woman or identity as a woman you're fine, and Holomog under the watchful eye of the Divine Matriarchs has flourished into an economic and military superpower. In fact, the only issues facing Holomog is what they seek to do in the future; there is a call to destroy the evil Geb kingdom, but will the drums of war get answered?

It's also a Middle Africa kingdom with Renaissance France architecture.

Can someone link them?
They're not in the pastebin.

Wat, surely you mean 180?
Doing a 360 means he'll be returning to pf, you nong.

Dude, that's an ooooold meme, how young are you?

Are there any good spells in the Horror Adventures or Legacy of Dragons?

Ohhhh, THOSE guys. Didn't they try the whole "drums of war" thing before, and Geb just turned their army into stone because ain't nobody got time for that shiet?

Trying to backpedal to look less like a dithering retard. Cool, I guess.

Nobody has scanned HA yet so we don't know.

What was the AP with Denizens of Leng?

Search for "the wily linguist", which is a female LN version of Asmodeus. Yes, the "cunning linguist".

I certainly can. The Cavalier is not out to the public yet, but here are my other offerings:

The Unchained Fighter, an attempt at making the fighter into an archetypal career military man. Supporting both in and out of combat utility & ability.
docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing

The Scholar, an initiator emulating the idea of the adventuring academic. Bringing his research station with him he is able to give creature comforts even when traveling.
docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing

Included is a handy dandy PDF of the Unchained Fighter. If you like I can provide the most recent change log. I've begun keeping them.

Already jumping to this conclusion when not all of the material has been posted.
Uh huh, you must believe the earth is flat too.

Fucking newfag

Mysterious.

>He designated a number of items equal to half his fighter levels, these items may be changed by spending one full minute rearranging his pack, these items may be drawn using a free action.

Should be designates, and do these intentionally provoke AoO?

The earth is only flat because yo mom's so fat she's collapsing it in on itself.

Thank you for pointing this out. They should not provoke AoOs.