What do you want to see from kaladesh Veeky Forums?

What do you want to see from kaladesh Veeky Forums?

Will blue and red get their upswing?
Will thopters return?
Will noncreature spells be worse then creatures?

Discus.

>Clockwork world
>WotC puts Dragons in everything

A clockwork dragon creature that doesn't suck balls.

Green getting good stuff for once. Seriously, it's like the least powerful color and it's never getting any better.

I really liked the "Investigate" ability. Hope we get something similar. Maybe some artifact that can be cracked for damage instead of drawing.

I disagree. Collected Company, Birthing pod.

But I do feel like whatever green gets it's just to help service the other colours

Green does need something.

Mana (in aether form) is a controlled resourced on Kaladesh and most forms of magic are illegal. Red and blue, being the colors of most traditional spell based magic, will get the shaft. The set will focus on artifacts and creatures, further powering up green and white. In addition, since green and white have powerful artifact hate, they will probably be made stronger by the increased prevalence of artifacts in the metagame.

I am expecting an artifact commander with a completely underwhelming ability and over costed cmc in the second set.

>yfw Old Phyrexian tech gets found in Ruins on Kaladesh

Collected company is rotating out and birthing pod was banned.

I'd like new Gods based on hindu mythology, tricolor if possible.

>Fuckin' Mardu Kali
>Bant Vishnu
>Jeskai Shiva
>Temur Brahmah
>Five color Brahman
>And many others

Impossible tho.

Green is the best colour in Standard right now with Collected Company, Duskwatch Recruiter, Tireless Tracker and Seasons Past cracking up more card advantage than any blue deck hold up against.

Doubtful since Kaladesh was the RU plane in Origins

More RUG stuff, I hope.

Won't really mind anything else if I get that.

My dick would be diamonds if this were to become a reality. Sadly it seems unlikely since gods are tied to the enchantment creature type, but maybe we could get a different Hindu themed plane? Or alt. They make them just regular creature - god?

Hoping for more RBG stuff that'll have cascade.

>I don't know if I would cream my pants or have a heart attack.

>yfw the Justice League kill Yawgmoth

>tfw the phyrexians get killed in half a block as an afterthought by the jacetice league.

>Fuck off Gecko
>I'm going to eat you

If that happens, I will stop buying magic cards for my collection (and casual gaming with friends) and I'll not buy anything from the Wizards of the Coast. I'm putting my foot done on these stupid fuckers, like GW for getting rid of Slaanesh.

More cardboard standups!

My LCS was going to just THROW this away today. I wasn't letting that happen.

How does such a complete reversal of the food chain even happen? That's like an American being eaten by cows.

Steelhell kite is amazing in MUD.

Naw man, they'd have more sense than that.

Nahiri will kill the Phyrexians to prove herself to the Gatewatch.

Mana peak or a playable 2 mana counterspell.

Lightning strike or searing spear or flame slash.

I believe there common in America.

Artifact Creature Gods.

I want a red/blue Thopter-themed artificer legend and lots and lots of thopter generators so I can make a deck about swarming my foes with tiny, flying robots...

>GW for getting rid of Slaanesh

The fuck is this meme?

They're killing Slaanesh

>What do you want to see from kaladesh Veeky Forums?

Thopter tribal, thopter Lord.

The Gatewatch will feature prominently in the story because Wizards is desperate to build brand identity. Boy, won't that be fun? I'm sure our favorite Planeswalkers will appear to help solve a mystery and thwart otherworldly invaders!

YOu mean the guy that's already dead and the deadest character in magic canon?

No they aren't?

A storyline that doesn't involve an apocalypse.

new red mechanic card advantage mechanic that becomes evergreen

broken red 2 drop creature to go along with snapcaster, goyf, confidant, stoneforge

return of good land destruction to red (reprint of pillage that can also kill planeswalkers would be a good start)

return of good burn to red

multiple, playable red planeswalkers at 4 and below mana

mono red combo kill

banning of circle of protection: red in all formats

also banning of kor firewalker and soltari priest

Well, you are in luck. This set is about the Gatewatch's vacation.

What is Black doing in a (presumably) artifact heavy set?
Copy what they did in mirrodin or new shit?

Maybe Black will give the artifact creatures ambition that leads to the Aether revolt?

They did in AoS.

>Well, you are in luck. This set is about the Gatewatch's vacation.
People keep saying this as if we're going to get an Unset style beach episode, but you know damned well that the first set is going to be all hell breaking loose as some crazy guy goes Doctor Wily and then Aether Revolt is going to just be Mankind Divided as Artificers fight each other in the street with big old Hulk Hands like Return to Ravnica.

It's going to be "The Gatewatch go on vacation... and then rioting and turmoil breaks out because that's what happens when the PCs go on vacation".

Which, ironically I could have sworn the Gatewatch was created from a story perspective to stop the "randomly hop to a world for snacks only for the apocalypse to be happening". Although honestly I guess it's a bit more interesting that way. Everything since Zendikar I (Alara if you're being generous) has been more or less connected. I don't really want self contained blocks where the heroes fight a Monster of the Set because they were just out patrolling.

>Will thopters return?
If they don't I will burn Renton, WA to the bedrock.

I'd actually really like to see a set that was very low key in it's fighting.

It's not about a full on war. It's about a few guys raiding a tomb or competing in wargames while they soak in the local culture.

Or heck, go to that Planechase plane that is a giant Hippodrome. Have Chandra brawling with loansharks after she loses a bet while Nissa is off freeing wild animals.

I think the entire idea of the Gatewatch severely limits how creative they can be with a set

>broken red 2 drop creature to go along with snapcaster, goyf, confidant, stoneforge

Why hello there.

>I don't really want self contained blocks where the heroes fight a Monster of the Set because they were just out patrolling.
Personally, I don't want "the heroes" in magic at all. It's supposed to be a multiverse, why are we following the 5 random idiots around forever? They're all flat, one dimensional morons who are only successful because the plot rolls over and dies for them.

Give me new 'walkers, dammit. Give me people who are personally invested in the plane of the block so that I can be invested in it. I don't give a damn about some retarded high school romance between nerdy asshole and goth chick who are both magical. I'm not impressed at all by "big huge monster is killed by fire because lolrandom redhead fire because fire hurr hurr".

I just want some fucking nuance. At all. Just a little. I don't care how it comes about.

This

I want to discover new worlds and NOT see new worlds through the eyes of the fucking Scooby Doo gang

Maybe the whole gatewatch thing could work if WotC weren't such pussies and allowed Jace and pals to die occasionally and for them to fetch new members from the planes they visit.

It's only been 2 blocks and I'm already tired of the idea of the gatewatch

No Eldrazi

No Phyrexian

Nothing of any other obscenely powerful, dimension threatening evil entity that is as old as eternity that just blatantly consumes/mutates/corrupts/destroys all that stand in front of it.

No Jacetice League except for possibly Chandra because it is her home.

Just give me a set of wizards, artificers and adventurers seeking fame, power, wealth, glory or a combination of those.

The gatewatch was created so that there would be characters to follow from world to world, and so that they'd have an Avengers movie to sell. Not for planes to stop exploding, and most certainly not for the general story to actually get better.

>Muraganda will have some Jacetice League plot going on

Please kill me now, I just want things that can only be cast with basic lands, vanilla matters, and dinosaurs...

What if the gatewatch fucks up and kills someone important runs away and the plane devolves from quite shadow wars to full blown civil war? I mean that would never happen but it could be cool and make the gatewatch into a not completely perfect group of god beings

Honestly, even 'die' isn't required. Just 'Not turn up for a bit'. Let Jace go do his job, let Liliana go be a Saturday morning villain somewhere else. they don't need to all always turn up.

You could have a fine set with '1/2 members of the gatewatch and a few other planeswalkers'

Well we already know the Jacetice league are there for the Invention Fair.

So I apologize

The biggest issue with the Jacetice League in my opinion is that in order to establish it they COMPLETELY fucked over two awesome settings in order to try to convince us that we should like... totally like the Gatewatch because look at them save the day and shit.

Zendikar wasn't hit as badly but look at Innistrad: nearly ALL the characters that made that place what it was got killed off.

>and so that they'd have an Avengers movie to sell.

I would bet a large sum of money that in the Kaladesh block we will be introduced to our anti-gatewatch (aka the Legion of Doom)

Didn't we already meet Lex Luthor last set?

A RU artifacts matter commander, wizards pls, I've been waiting so long

You can't really have that in Magic, though. It's a set up that inherently needs to involve Plains, Islands, Swamps, Mountains, and Forests. It's got to be something big enough to effect an entire plane.
>Or heck, go to that Planechase plane that is a giant Hippodrome. Have Chandra brawling with loansharks after she loses a bet while Nissa is off freeing wild animals.
As awesome as that sounds, it's more the venue of a novel. Though I'm sure they could figure out how to do a planewide Contest Planet. One thought off the top of my head is that the Gatewatch needs to win some McGuffin to save some overarching plot and the only way they can is by playing at the rules of the Panem et Circenses planet (which are probably magically enforced or something).

I don't really think it does. Or at least, the ways that it limits creativity are things that are offset by it facilitating what they want to do, which is what most people in these threads seem to forget: Wizards *wants* a Gatewatch, and a Gatewatch is actually what a lot of fans want. 20somethings may be winning the tournaments and stuff, but this game isn't necessarily marketed towards you, it's marketed towards your little brother and sister, who have Avengers teeshirts and action figures of the new Ghostbusters. And "teamwork makes the dreamwork" and FRIENDSHIP! are not bad themes for a product rated Ages 10+.

Plus, like I said, with Kaladesh they're already ignoring the "they'll go out and look for trouble instead of bumbling into it" aspect. I mean, shit, technically they did that with Shadows (did Jace ever actually fetch Sorin?) but it was technically a sequel so whatever. We'll have to wait until at least next year to see them actually do the thing they seemed to want to.

Unrelated question how fucked is innistrad now? The vampires barely took any losses,the humans got fucked up,werewolves are basically dead,nature got SUPER fucked, and the only guy who could do anything about this is stuck in a rock

Assembling Contraptions.

Zendikar ya, they fucked up. They at least set it up so that they could go back to old zendikar at the end, but they fucked up BFZ.

But in no way was Shadows a flavor fuck up. If BFZ hadn't fucked up so hard we wouldn't even be thinking about Shadows being some kind of flavor fuck up. Shadows went in the obvious direction, cthulhu stuff, building on things that were planted in the previous set. Ludevic, Gisa, Geralf, Thalia, and Odric are still alive, and they're the main characters of the plane. Gothic Horror begets Cosmic Horror. Cosmic is a subset of Gothic, lest we forget where it came from.

Vraska green, Ob Nixilis, black, Tezzeret blue, Tibalt red, Nahiri white. Bolos as Ugin.

Raven Man steal Venser's body when they go back to phyrexia and was Yawgmoth the whole time.

>Shiva
>the destroyer
>with WU in his colours.

May wanna rethink that user, Mardi seems more accurate.

>I don't want "the heroes" in Magic at all
Too fuckin' bad. Most of them have more character than people here give them credit for, and most people only hate it because they have nostalgia for when they first started playing, which overwhelmingly seems to be between Mirrodin and Lorwyn, where every block was a random plane with no overarching plot at all. For an overwhelming amount of Magic's life, it's focused on stories and heroes. Honestly, people only seem to have started hating on it with the "neowalkers" when Return to Ravnica came around. Before that most people seemed fine with storylines that were related (or even concurrent).

People even liked the plot to Theros, if not the actual mechanics. And that's sort of how I expect it to go. The Gatewatch isn't going to show up together all the time, and probably won't hang out together either.

>Maybe the whole gatewatch thing could work if WotC weren't such pussies and allowed Jace and pals to die occasionally and for them to fetch new members from the planes they visit.
a) it's for kids, death isn't going to be fucking everywhere
b) Venser is dead. Elspeth is dead. She literally died like last year.
c) For fucks sake they literally just completed their set by picking up Liliana. Gideon even asked Moonbunny, but she's too much of a robot to be around normies. I'm pretty sure Maro has outright said they're going to be asking people to join.

People keep making it out like we're never going to see new Planeswalkers and yet four of the last six Walkers were not from the Gatewatch. I'd hate all the criticism people lob at the "Jacetice League" if it didn't feel like the complaints were coming from a place of myopia.

Previously humans were on surplus, and vampires were waning. Now everything is balanced out, and there's a new third party to keep the other two in check (emrakul). Next set has aliens coming from the moon.

More baubles.
I want to see more red card advantage.
I want to see a better cantrip than serum visions.
And as always, a functional reprint of Cabal Therapy (probably not going to happen). Flashback should be evergreen. Cabal therapy needs to be in modern.

I'm actually surprised we're getting as many new walkers as we are. We got ghost chick in conspiracy, and indian chick in kaladesh coming up.

I never said it was to stop planes from exploding. I said that they were going to stop bumbling into planes that are exploding every time they go out for milk; instead they'd go looking for trouble, instead of having it find them.
I don't like that protagonists always have to be reactionary.

>Just give me a set of wizards, artificers and adventurers seeking fame, power, wealth, glory or a combination of those.
Can you name a single Magic set where nothing notable happened? Where we saw business as usual for the places we visited? It is always going to be about upheavels. Even the summer spin-off set is all about politics that make America look reasonable.

>vanilla matters
That will never happen because it would be far too boring.

Again, that's exactly how it's going to work.

Zendikar was created to be fucked up by the Eldrazi. That's not something they did to establish the Gatewatch. That was literally the point of Zendikar.
Innistrad is probably better off.
Also, most of the characters who "made that place what it was" were meme characters that Veeky Forums started loving because they hate the Gatewatch.

That would actually be cool. I bet Bolas is seeing them team up and assembling planeswalkers and going "W-well I have one of those, too!"

>Vraska
>Monogreen
>Wanting Yawgmoth involved in anything
Just kill yourself, fampai.

>Unrelated question how fucked is innistrad now?
Not very, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
Vampires took a shitton of losses (they were the most effected by Emrakul), humans took the fewest.
Nature on Zendikar was already super fucked.

>We got ghost chick in conspiracy,
What, did you expect Dack to just stick around? Conspiracy's always going to have at least one Planeswalker. (Probably *only* one).
Ghost chick seems cool. I didn't read her story, because it's long and I'm lazy, but "ghost killer" is pretty neat as a schtick. I wonder what her card will be like and what her abilities/colour are.

There's still the fact that there's no one to protect the humans from the vampires as Sorin is stuck in a rock

Oh, I heard Gisa and Geralf were killed in Eldritch Moon. Guess I got bad information. Then that's not too bad. Still sucks that three of the big name angels got killed off, though.

It still bugs me that it came up to being just more Eldrazi shit. I can't enjoy the Eldrazi as a threat because there is nothing you can relate to about them. At least the Phyrexians had some emotional drive or apparent end goal to them and they couldn't just turn you to dust or mutate you beyond recognition with very little effort and leaving you with no chance to fight back.

>Can you name a single Magic set where nothing notable happened? Where we saw business as usual for the places we visited? It is always going to be about upheavels. Even the summer spin-off set is all about politics that make America look reasonable.

Wasn't the original Zendikar set like that? During Rise of the Eldrazi and Worldwake that changed but during the base set of Zendikar it was mainly quests and adventures exploring that totally gnarly world.

The original block set up Zendikar as a crazy world where shit was ALWAYS in disarray. There were hints of something going down, even if there weren't tentacles everywhere.
I suppose I meant "block", though. I don't think the first Lorwyn block really had anything going for it, either, but there was still that whole "eternal night is coming" thing.

Some of us like the Eldrazi. I like the Eldrazi specifically because they're a strange alien threat with no end goal.

>mfw there are no billboards here
Fuck you, Captcha

Cmon, don't cherry pick my comment. It's not like I said ONLY vanilla matters, even I recognize that can't be everything. Hence also basic lands focus, and dinosaurs. I'd even add that it's a prime opportunity to bring back full art creatures.

I mean, Lorwyn I guess? Isn't Shadowmoor a regular thing?

No.

Urban artificer elves.

People think Raven Man looks like Urza. I want to see Yawgmoth back in a body that looks like Urza's because that would be amazingly villainous.

Didn't you read the story? Humans have Stands now. They don't need protection.

>What do you want to see from Kaladesh?
Some sort of U/R artifact control in standard.

>Will blue and red get their upswing
Probably not
>Will thopters return
Well, yeah.
>Will noncreature spells be worse than creatures?
You can count on it. We're probably in for another year of mid-range bullshit.

How is nobody talking about vehicles here? Get ready to have multequip banding artifacts in standard

What I mean is that a block where Vanilla Matters would require a larger than normal number of vanilla creatures, which would be boring. People bitch about Magic being turning creatures sideways, but vanilla matters would require that even more.

It's regular, but it's still notable.

>Vehicles
>Multequip
That's fucking stupid, user.
I want it

About 22 americans are killed by cows every year tho

>Multiequip

Fucking fund it

I want them to literally call it multequip. Megamorph was a dumb name. We can do dumber.

/ccg/ has done it first.

It wouldn't really need that much, it would just need X vanilla creatures at common. A token with no text also counts as a vanilla creature. A creature with abilities removed is a vanilla creature.

Look at mirrodin, its artifact themed, but not completely artifacts. Each color deals with artifacts in different ways. I'd imagine for vanilla it'd be much the same.

I kinda find it appealing because it would return to older magic gameplay, where creatures weren't completely fucking stupid. So I'd actually posit that the set would be less turning sideways centric than current metas, since vanilla means inherently inefficient creatures.

More wordy than it needs to be. The mechanic should say the card can be equipped to any number of creatures at once.

/ccg/ will have done most things; monkeys banging on a keyboard and all that.

My problem with it is that they each attack separately. You'd need to add a lot of comp rules and I'm not sure that'd work. Or at least, I don't think they'd want to.

You would not want a set that had as many vanilla creatures as Mirrodin had artifacts. I say that it would be about turning creatures sideways because there's nothing else for them to do.

damn, your mom lets you have that in your room? i think my mom would freak if i brought that home lol.

>>Just give me a set of wizards, artificers and adventurers seeking fame, power, wealth, glory or a combination of those.
>Can you name a single Magic set where nothing notable happened? Where we saw business as usual for the places we visited? It is always going to be about upheavels. Even the summer spin-off set is all about politics that make America look reasonable.

Which is still business as usual for that plane. But okay:
- Mercadian Masques
- Odyssey
- Mirrodin
- Darksteel (a couple of characters are involved with the storyline while the rest of the world is still business as usual)
- Ravnica
- Guildpact
- Lorwyn
- Morningtide
- Shards of Alara
- Zendikar
- Innistrad
- arguably Return to Ravnica
- arguably Gatecrash
- Theros
- Khans of Tarkir

Of these, as far as I'm aware, Mercadian Masques, Odyssey*, Ravnica**, Lorwyn* and Return to Ravnica** did not result in massive changes to their world in their block.
* The settings of Odyssey and Lorwyn did get completely fucked over in the next block.
** The breaking (and reestablishment) of the Guildpact did happen but didn't do all that much to the world.

In addition, many sets have prominently featured business as usual for that world; Ice Age block highlighted its factions, Urza's block prominently featured the Academy, teachers and students and the like, Scourge was less about the Karona conflict and more about what the post-apocalypse was like, Kamigawa block showed many daily aspects of Kamigawan life, and so on.

I mean, there can only be so many vanilla creatures. Like, 1-5 cmc for each color would just be 25 vanillas. You functionally can't have a large amount of them. The set can be vanilla matters by having them at common, not by having them take up 100 card slots.

I would anticipate that they introduce new 'basic' type rules (which maro has hinted at) to allow anything to be 'basic'. So relentless rats would become basic rat or whatever.

So, rattling off my list again, muraganda can have basic lands matter, vanilla matters, introduce basic creatures, full art vanilla creatures, and dinosaurs. That seems more than enough to base a set around and leaves room to have the normal fodder stuff that sets have.

More burn spells in red and hopefully less "I turn [Creature] sideways and attack." In standard.

I want green non creature spells aside "Get more dudes" or "get more land."

>But in no way was Shadows a flavor fuck up. If BFZ hadn't fucked up so hard we wouldn't even be thinking about Shadows being some kind of flavor fuck up. Shadows went in the obvious direction, cthulhu stuff, building on things that were planted in the previous set.

No. The problem is that the direction was anything but obvious. Innistad block ended with the return of the angels and everything becoming a happy end (as far as that's possible with a plane like that). It was no longer a gothic horror setting. Then Shadows came along and said 'NEVER MIND THAT HUMANITY IS STILL FUCKED' (even disregarding the whole 'Avacyn going mad' thing, the events of Avacyn Restored should have left them in a much stronger position than they were before). The problem was solved, then some dumb neowalker came along and caused a new problem for the Gatewatch to solve. Adding insult to injury is the fact that the motivation was entirely retarded; a planeswalker devastates an entire plane and puts the multiverse itself at risk because of a stupid misunderstanding that nobody manages to clear up (was anyone even trying to?).

>The implication that people who play Magic all live with their parents
The only people I know who play Magic are people who can afford to not live with their parents.
On the other hand, I can't afford to play Magic because I live with my parents.

25 vanillas is a substantial amount. There are that many vanilla creatures in Standard right now PERIOD.

>I would anticipate that they introduce new 'basic' type rules (which maro has hinted at) to allow anything to be 'basic'. So relentless rats would become basic rat or whatever.
This on the other hand would be cool.

>a planeswalker devastates an entire plane and puts the multiverse itself at risk because of a stupid misunderstanding that nobody manages to clear up
She did it because Sorin locked her in a fucking demon filled prison for two thousand years. Full stop. Anything else is just Delirium. Also, no one but Sorin has interacted with Nahiri, or even knows she was involved. And Sorin doesn't know that anything is safe except Innistrad. The characters in the story don't know the story just because you do.

Eh, I'm not going to defend retcons, but Innistrad's original story was never set in stone with details. Remember it came after books got dropped, but before they had an online story presence. They tried (and failed) to tie up loose ends from original Innistrad for years. Everything about it has been retconned. DESPITE THIS there are actually plenty of off hand references to things dwelling in the deep off the misty coasts of innistrad, and light lovecraft themes in general, to make cosmic horror the obvious direction. To the point that the story beats were predicted years before we even returned. The minutia of 'sorin why were you a dick to nahiri' doesn't really take away from the general direction being obvious.

It really isn't as terrible as you're trying to make it seem.

badass equipment and auras

What retcons have there been? Hell, what loose ends got tied up?
It was basically "Avacyn's back and she's gonna crush shit" and then we were off to Ravnica.