MTG Commander/EDH

>RESOURCES

www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
brainstormbrewery.com/its-time-to-tuck-the-rules-committee/
>An important article that touches on a controversial subject of the format.
manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.
magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hungry-hungry-prossh-os/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nekusar-so-far/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the single hate card that your deck least wants to see an opponent play?

I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF SPICY MELEK WINCONS

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hungry-hungry-prossh-os/

Posting my Prossh deck again to ask for suggestions/constructive criticism.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong/could do better? A better version of a card I'm using exists? Compliments and/or fawning?
I'm listening!

Ignite Memories is usually decent.

Keep taking turns until your opponents get bored and leave.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nekusar-so-far/
This is my Nekusar deck atm
Which cards do I drop?
already dropping slagheap because shit's slow AS FUCK

I can only assume someone has made a Sweet Tooth alter of it.

Why alter perfection? That art is amazing, especially in foil.

Casting Experiment with YP/Talrand out is my fav wincon, sometimes I can even hit Insurrection give give all the tokens haste and win that turn. Bone Wand is another great one.

Stony Silence. Sydri mana rocks hates that shit hardcore. Kataki can be killed relatively easily, but goddamn SS fucks me good.

On another note, Mana Leak is criminally underrated in EDH.

Rest in Peace
I get that I somewhat deserve it for playing Meren...
But come on.
Reclamation Sage

> tfw you completely derailed the last thread

What is that card referencing? I know a lot of the TSP cards are callbacks but nothing comes to mind for Ignite Memories

What is the best color combination in EDH? And why is it RUG?

I think just Storm. Not every card was a direct callback.

Oops. did not mean to reply to you user.

Torpor orb

Like I can remove it easy enough, but the same is true of almost all hate cards, and torpor orb shuts off half my removal options

Humility is even worse now that I think about it

There were other Storm cards in the block though

I'm not complaining I'm just curious plus the art is GOAT

Torpor orb shuts down so many of my creature based decks it's absurd. My friend started slotting it in to keep me from comboing off with Kiki-Jiki + Intruder Alarm

Closest match.

Maybe a backwards Brain Freeze? Instead of freezing your thoughts it burns your memories?

It particularly is frustrating for me because so much of my artifact removal is a creature, Rec Sage, Acidic Slime, Conclave Naturalists (formerly Indrik Stomphowler).

I feel like I need to start running the treefolk or a dies trigger creature again.

What is the scariest deck in your group?
What is your favorite among your playgroup?

Also, post 'em.

Aether Flash, let me play my bears Bryan.

Who is your commander? Green has godlike artifact hate that's not stapled to creatures.

RUG has insane commanders

I think bant is the best color combo though

>Seizan
>Zada
>Teysa

That guy is my nigga

I know, I know, I just love creatures, man.

I'm working on a Bant deck, so clearly my options are plentiful, I just need to keep in mind that I may run into a a Torpor Orb.

OK fine

Scariest is probably Memnarch for me, because it can really fuck over a few of my decks when it gets going. The guy sucks though and makes bad plays all the time.

Favorite that isn't mine is probably the Zurgo deck, simply because of the guy playing it, he's fun

>all that multicolor
Are you guys okay?

Fuck, I meant monocolor.

Fair enough, I too am a sucker for creatures. Bant is a solid color combo, who are you running?

Also I'm taking suggestions for a cleric tribal deck, Athreos is the commander. I'm already running a couple of infinites to gain life.

Yeah we good. Ric Flair has a Sedris in the works and the newbie bought some really good shit for Karador and a bunch of stuff for a Sydri deck after he gave Daretti a try. I have a Mayael deck in the works that will probably replace Kazuul

>What's the single hate card that your deck least wants to see an opponent play?

Blood Moon.

>building g/b
>my best reanimator cards are in my Ayli deck
>my best ramp cards and stompy creatures are in my Maelstrom deck
Any spicy tech I should know about? I think this deck is going to be basic land ramp with a discard subtheme, using Meren as a means to set up some little chumps, or pull things back from my yard to cast them when I have enough mana. I have a Vorniclex kicking around, I don't know whether I should give up on this whole g/b thing, build Mimeoplasm, or just build Vorniclex instead.

Oh, I have a few:
>soul of theros
>aetherling
>that one angel that resets your life total

Can someone explain to me what kind of deck you build with Gitrog? I have no idea why it's so popular

It's popular because people like to abuse landfall triggers and use the frog as a way to set up infinite combos. There is one expensive ass land, I forget what it's called, that's basically the whole deck in a nutshell. Also, Eldritch Moon had support for the frog, so I guess it's trendy.

>Soul of Theros is a hate card
What

...Dakmor Salvage? That card costs like 2 dollars.

If you have Gitrog, a discard outlet, and Dakmor Salvage, you can mill as many cards as you want from your library. Then you combo off in any number of ways.

I meant Crucible of Worlds, I thought there was some other fancy land, but that's in R/W Sunforger decks instead.

None of the cards he listed were hate, really.

Fuck, I thought it was cards you hate, not cards that hate on you, sorry guys.

I'll change things to Deathrite Shaman and Tormod's Crypt. Being able to pick things out of my yard really fucks me. So does nuking the whole thing. This is the whole reason I don't build self-mill anymore.

>Soul of Theros is a card you hate
The fuck are you playing?

Guys, I just had the most retarded idea
Card alters that have the commander as a Stand user

Where have you been? gA's been naming his decks like they're Stands for weeks.

How effective that would be depends on the Commander.

I want to build Vela

Right now I'm aiming for a lot of deals combat damage effects as well as some mass bounce or cards that put temporary copies of creatures into play (Blade of Selves, Mirror Match, etc)

I've got stuff like Coastal Piracy, Bident of Thassa, and Thopter Spy Network in mind. Any others I should throw in?

>mfw playtest my mazirek deck against a friend using 4 different decks and win each time

Why have you not accepted B/G as the best color combination?

I play B/W control and if I can't get my combo pieces, I pretty much rely on out-valuing people and winning the long game. Soul of Theros fucks me because everything gets first strike. I have a lot of deathtouch and lifelink in general, but first strike is one of few things I can't really deal with if the other person has board control. Usually my state is pretty scary and people have to think twice about selling out with their tokens, but when you have 5 3/3s with lifelink and first-strike instead of 5 1/1s, or you drop an Obelisk of Urd with it, and I pretty much need a wipe in hand or I'll have a lot of difficulty overcoming the delta in life-totals without sacrificing board control, particularly if I don't have removal in hand and they get to use the effect twice.

Supplant Form is a fun card.
Obviously the Ninja cards they included in Vela's precon are pretty good. You can get a lot of value out of Cauldron of Souls too. The one-time nature of Persist isn't a problem when you're going to be resetting your creatures with flicker or returning them to hand.

Dumb nonsense jank with Jenara at the helm for lack of better options.

As for cleric suggestions, there are the obvious tribal cards, but I think it would be fun to use Pestilence alongside a prevention effect like Hedron Field Purists.

>Rite of Replication
Target Vela and each copy will see each other leaving via the legend rule and cause lots of life loss

>Mimic Vat
Easy to imprint and make more copies for more triggers

Any time I sit down at an rando EDH playgroup and someone plays a color hate card that happens to affect only me.

Even bad ones piss me off. Why the fuck are you running Spreading Algae?

I think I just gave my Timmy newbie friend new purpose by showing him Mayael. Here's hoping he doesn't destroy his bank account on those fatties

Hey guys, I like playing big creatures, and having junky combos to play the creatures, value and synergy. Is Bant the right color for me, Selesnya, or Simic?

N A Y A
A
Y
A

FATTIES WITH ETB TRIGGERS ALL DAY NIGGA

Any of those color combos will do the trick, basically any color combo works based on what you've described, but you probably want green in there because it makes it easier to stuff fatties in your deck on account of the ramp

I like the way you think, user, and you make a compelling argument. I'm selling my soul to the Elf Shaman, Mayael.
For anyone who thinks I should not wed this hot piece of commander ass, please speak now, or forever hold your peace.

-Cavern Harpy
-Needle Specter
-Doomsday Specter (Specters in general work well in the 'being bounced' role because replaying them will thin your opponents' hands of answers)
-Shadowmage Infiltrator
-Voidmage Husher
-Mardu Shadowspear
-Mardu Strike Leader
-Dire Undercurrents
-shrieking drake
-Wydwen, the biting gale

Basically, your goal is to bounce Specters to empty your opponents hands of answers and then beat them down with low CMC creatures which either draw you cards or have evasion to get past any blockers they may have.

It's a slow deck but it can be fun against control and combo.

Good Luck to you! I tried to build Vela but it was too slow for me and my playgroup wasn't a good fit for her.

White is good for having a lot of removal options, but Temur might be better for combo aspects.

Have another pic of your waifu to be.

Dire undercurrents is possibly my favorite card ever

Spooky art, powerful effect, favorite block

Alara in general is a really fantastic plane for enabling fatties.

I should have explained I'm not into combos that win the game when played. I'm more of combo engines or outright good synergy, like the kind that Elves in Legacy give off. Where you either go off or not, not Splinter Twin type combos.
Going once, going twice, I may now build the deck! My waifu is beautiful, and she shall join Nissa and Elspeth. Thank you, user, for giving me your blessing.

Forgot to mention that I really like hybrid cards

Also this card has elegant design with the hybrid mana but requiring both colored creatures for maximum effect

The interesting part of Lorwyn block color matters cards was that Hybrid mana means you could get away with spending nothing but Blue mana and still get a Black effect.

Definitely

Though with dire undrcurrents, it's quite difficult to get the discard without spending any black mana on a black creature

Or wait no I see what you meant, you can cast a blue black hybrid creature for only blue mana and get the discard

QUICK I'M UNDER ATTACK BY UGx TURBOCASUALS

POST BULLYING TOOLS

this card singlehandedly makes me want to build Wydwen

Consecrated Sphinx is a good start.

Vorniclex is a bit more advanced, but equally effective.

Clock of Omens is good for the lulz.

Topor Orb will make them cry.

Niv Mizzet will also make them cry.

>clock of omens

Did you mean omen machine?

What is everyone's thoughts on pimping their decks with foils, alters or miscellaneous means? Is it fun, or just another way for rich folk to flash their wealth around? Me personally, I just like getting the general alter or foiled.

I want to have sex with Wydwen

Nope, I meant sundial of the infinite, before I realized you can't use it on their turn. Sorry user, it's late.

Aetherspouts is a pretty good card to make ugx players sad when they eventually sell out.

She's not the right size for that. You could have her rub against it though.

Alters are ugly and generally shameful

Foils look nice

As far as "flashing wealth around", that's more a matter of the attitude of the person with the pimped deck, if they are a dick about it they are a dick, otherwise whatever

What if the Commander was your Stand?

Here are the objective rules regarding this situation:
>Foils?
Fine. Use as many and as fancy as you want. Pure egotism.
>Alters?
If you mean artists proofs, or alters done by the artist, also fine. Use as many as you want.
>Shitty home made waifu alters?
Leave that shit at home. No one cares or wants to see that garbage, and if I'm playing I will call a judge about it out of spite.

I could cast Giant Growth?

>sundial of the infinite on your opponents turns
>repeatable one mana time stop

I don't really seek out foiling my deck. I just don't care much about the look of foils. My decks usually have a few FTV cards, though, so sometimes fois are inevitable.

Just isn't my thing. More power to the people who love those shiny cards. I just use foils for 3d alters since they take to
epoxy really well.

On her or your donger?

Oh I know, I was thinking something stupid like:
>sundial of the infinite before they untap during their upkeep
>make a snarky face every single turn you do this

Both

On her. My donger doesn't need it :^)

Is there a website you guys use to make images of the decks in your playgroup, or is it just pure autism personified in paint.

The latter

Although I'm not sure how it would be any less autistic if there was a fuckin website for it

See my line of thinking was that one person would be so autistic they would make a template online just to get uniformity.

No wonder I only see the same 4 images every thread. I can't believe people passive aggressively describe themselves in third person.

I don't think you quite understand the term passive aggressive

You see the same 4 images every thread cuz there's like 20 people max who post in these threads regularly

>Brobad
I like you

But you need PRICES, nigga
Where's that Price of Glory for the counter players
Where's that Price of Progress for the greedy mana bases

Maybe a Lavablister

I'm having a commander crisis, Veeky Forums

I literally cannot figure out what deck I want to play, please someone recommend me a commander fuck

I've built Scion, Maelstrom Wanderer and Erebos and I just don't know what to build now. I hate combos and I love recursion and attrition.

I've thought about Meren and Karador, but my playgroup already has those decks so thats not happening.

Please help me Veeky Forums

Phelddagrif stax
Disguise it as group hug

That's A-Grade spicy tech. Thanks for the suggestion!

Build Ayli. She usually goes under the radar, turns all your creatures into value when they block, and she's a cleric so edgewalker is pure value. In my deck I just durdle with walls until I get 50 life, use some tokens to exile their things, and swing with big demons for the game.

Tree of Perdition is awesome. Nothing better than stealing someone's 8654 life, sacing the tree to Ayli, then laughing as you write the value on a piece of paper for your sunbond. Whip of Erobos is amazing in this deck.

Sounds like you need a healthy dose of Junk, friend. Lemme tell you what we have in stock:

Teneb Goodstuff/Reanimation

Anafenza Hatebears

Doran and the Big Butts

And for a limited time,
Sedris and his Spectacular Spectre Swarm, Unearth Hippies for value! Draw cards with Geth's Grimoire! Assemble an army of Tokens with Waste Not! Grind your opponents out with The Rack!

Does anyone else find EDHREC's suggestions to be rather... meh? I see a lot of staples, but no real flavor. If you built a deck templated off this site it would be pretty good, but the magic equivalent of elevator music. I admit, there are some neat suggestions, sometimes, but I'd much rather a few paragraphs about deckbuilding theory with each commander.

Reya dawnbringer

I don't have a pic for my group but the scariest is a Mormir deck one guy has. Just plays shit, then clones that shit for more shit.

I think my new Damia deck is also starting to piss people off. I've only played three games with it but I've won them all pretty handily. It's just Sultai goodstuff, with an unintended theme of stealing stuff.

EDHREC is just averages tallied out from all the user submitted decklists. It's not designed to be flavorful or informative, it's designed to show you what most other people are using.