Wh40k feels thread

I am also looking for the follow up to this comic.

That was both sad and adorable. And it even had a happy ending. More plz!

I say a reversed version of this comic... dead eldar and pitying guardsman

Now if this isnt't sad

Man I could not handle the feels

I really wish I could play something like this with my group.

I wish we could do nuance and subtlety and the quiet tragedy as humanity dies so that mankind can endure (not live; endure). I wish we could fight and die and suffer and smile and little-by-little try and find or forge some tiny pocket of the universe that isn't quite so bleak; where hope and peace and a future beyond endless, gore-soaked war can exist...

But no. My GM can't be subtle or quiet and can't shy away from immediate gratification and plotlines, characters and devices that feel cheap and pointless, overwhelming and unearned.

I want to play with a group that fights to win the little war... My GM wants to run only for groups that don't even need to fight to win the war for the whole galaxy, but who simply make it happen.

Any tales to share perhaps?

None that I care to remember. All his games are the same. We get handed something cool, or something like an AI (yeah, I know) tells us something 'revelatory' and we go out to do a thing, it gets done with minimal effort and suddenly we're unstoppable in power armour and huge guns doing what we fucking want with no real threat from anyone. If we're about to face something REALLY serious, it's cutscene time.

He thinks the less we roll dice and thus, the less chance we have to fail, the better.

I wish I had more players like you.

It's not like I mind grand endings and set-pieces, but I want to actually have them be worthwhile, you know?

bro, fucking the exact same thing with me. My GM at least some times tries to do an emotional thing, but his RP is shit, and it`s usually a female character he`s playing. Also most of his stories are based off of anime or vidya, which makes everything worse

This comic a cute.
CUUUTE!

Hey that must be from Norway. Can anyone tell me anything about that picture?

Also: Awwwww....that's cute.

This comment is a good example of the comics autism.

......now I feel shitty as a GM.....

>get to da bad moonz' ammo dump
>'and ova 3 propa shinee teef for a bag of forty shoota bullits
>Remember dat I swapped me shoota for anuvva choppa back on da krooza
>lose da rest of me teef when I slipped on some squig droppins an hit some wartrukk gubbinz
>some stinkin grot nicks em before I stop muckin around

Feels zoggin crap it does boyz

You're not shit if you realise it and realise that people may not like what you like.

The cure? Read more. Read and watch and play media you usually wouldn't. See what works in other stories and build them into your own. Use subtlety, tragedy and mystery and the small, personal stories of the NPCs to make your players invest in the world in a way they can relate in.

No-one's saying to do away with awesome space battles and epic confrontations of titans and armies, but those are rare set-pieces that redefine EVERYTHING for the player characters. We humans from the early 21st century just can't relate to something so grand and so vast and so destructive. We connect more with the smaller battles and the people who fight them.

Good job realising though; you're already on the path to being a better GM.

How the hell did an Eldar and Krieg Guardsman get that close to each other without one or the other dying?

I think there's a story to this one but in any case it looks pretty somber and emotional.

Feels of a certain kind. I just like to see some shred of emotion in 40K rather than fighting all the time.

How long he lay there, Malwrack had no way of telling. His shadow field was clear, so any danger was apparently past. Slowly he sat up. While he waited for his vision to stop swimming, he registered a pile of flaming wreckage, a half-dozen bodies clad in purple armour and the silent entrance to the tomb. Presumably, the necrons within were under no instructions to pursue invaders out here into the desert. He looked around for Sawor, but didn’t see her. He called her name, but there was no response from anyone. He called again, louder. Still no reply. With a twinge of panic, he limped to the bulk of the downed Raider.

He found her beneath one of the running boards, literally folded in half. Jagged pieces of the transport protruded from her in several places, the most gruesome of which exited through her gaping mouth. He made a mewling sound and dropped down to her side. He inhaled desperately, but there was nothing there. Her life essence, her soul, had dissipated. She was dead beyond any haemonculus’s resuscitational skill.

‘Get up,’ he said.

He stood once more and looked down at her shattered form.

‘Get up,’ he repeated. ‘I order you to get up.’

Malwrack realised with a start that he was powerless. No beating, no threat, no command would make her live again. This was not the way it was supposed to have happened, his kabal gutted, his successor gone. He activated the portal back to Commorragh, and strode purposefully through the gate, oblivious to the fact that as he did so, he was crying.

‘She’s gone!’ he cried from a place so dark, it made Baeda gasp. Malwrack could see now that Sawor had been no mere hierarch. She had been his sounding board, his strong-arm, his partner in all things. She had been his most prized possession, and he had loved her. He would never be complete again, and thus, there was no point in his life continuing. Sobbing, he waited only for a volley of splinter fire or a killing blow from Baeda to end it all.

What is this? A Bowser marine?

Here it is.

I think he's from a unit from within the Salamanders.

This is one of those rare things on tg that has stuck with me. First thing I thought of when I saw the thread. It's moderately monstrous, and does a better job of explaining the horror of 40k than the entire rulebook.

The Emperor protects.

I will admit, when I first read that story, I had no idea it'd end up that way

>Guardsman feeling sad over dead xenos
>Implied because he realizes they were a couple
>Which means he knows of their customs and can read their language

Heretical Xeno lover, execute immediately.

Krieg is a dark place, even by 40k standards

People get sad when a supposed animal couple dies because we project ourselves unto other things. Doesn't mean he necessarily sympathises with xenos scum.

Would a Kroot even understand this gesture, seeing how their hands are clawed and rough? Would they, like dogs, shy away from hugs as they go against their predatory instincts?

He used to be assigned to the Ordo Xenos. You pick up a few things, especially if your inquisitor master is a little bit on the radical side.

Reminds me of some disgustingly bad and cute writing I did for a 'What would you do if you could direct a WH40k movie' thread an age back...

In cliff notes (if anyone wants a fuller version, please speak up)...
>Guard stormtrooper sent to crush uprising on civ world
>Run-in with Eldar witch/seer
>"It's a filthy xenos but muhdick and muhheart"
>Manipulated and used to her own ends
>Abandoned after. Inquisitor picks him up
>Another run-in years later
>"Oh no, old feelings!"
>Used, shot, left for dead
>Final encounter
>She impaled him so he wouldn't be suspected by the ][
>Confesses that for a mon'keigh he's actually almost acceptable...
>She's never actually done anything to really hurt the Imperium... Actually, her plans have often had the side-effect of HELPING humanity...
>He agrees to help her willingly this time
>Confrontation with SoB he's had an off-and-on relationship with
>Forced to choose
>Inquisitor steps in
>"Lolno. Sister's my bitch, she follows my orders. Put the bolter down."
>"Soldier, you're going with the xenos. Call it... Deep infiltration."
>Eldar is tsundere. Sister is pissed.
>Set-up for future installments is established

gamina peeked her head around the ruined wall and saw the giant 'bug'. It wasn't moving any more. it's eyes were closed but she still remembered the look of hunger in them as it had chased her. gamina came out from behind the wall hoping she'd see where her angel went to. maybe he'll help me find papa" she thought " i should have listened and stayed with him. that bug wouldn't have found me if i just stayed with papa." as she edged her way out from behind the wall tip toeing around broken glass and rock she saw the space marine, her saviour sitting against a wall riddled with holes. his arm and leg were gone and he was breathing heavily in pain. blood still dripped slowly from the stumps. noticing her he turned his head and asked "are you alright child?"
"i'm ok sir." gamina eyed the dead 'bug'. "is it dead?" she asked.
"yes, it wont try to hurt you any more child"
gamina walked over to the fallen space marine giving the "bug and it's claws a wide berth.
"can you help me find papa sir? we were going to the trains-port but i couldn't find papa in the crowds and got lost. that's when the bug found me."
"i wish i could child but i'm hurt. maybe later when my brothers find me we can go find your papa."
gamina cocked her head "did you lose your brothers too?"
"in a manner."
gamina brightened "sometimes when i fall and hit my head or when i stub my toes papa hugs me and it makes me feel a bit better. can i hug you until your brothers find you then we can find papa?"
the space marine was silent for a long moment as he looked at gamina. finally he found his voice and hoarsely said "yes, i'd like that."
gamina spread her arms over the space marines breastplate. it was surprisingly warm and as she felt the weight of the space marines only arm on her back she felt very safe indeed.

Disgusting and awful. End yourself.

actually disgusting and awful, or Veeky Forums disgusting and awful?

It's trash, I know. Just thought I'd share.

Not him, but I'd probably watch it.
And be mad at myself for it, afterwards.

I think we'd ALL be disgusted at ourselves. The premise is far too 'normie'...

I'd still love it though. Fight me.

I'll actually write a more detailed summary of the plot when I get back from the shops.

Anyone still here? At all? Anyone interested in the slightest?

I'm here

>The Krieger doesn't know what laughter is
This hit me the hardest.

>i shall eat you last

The Imperium is a horrible place that has done horrible things, but out of all the monstrous deeds it has done the Krieg may be one of its worst. The Imperium sacrifices humanity so that humanity may live and the Krieg are a grim forewarning of what mankind could become if it goes too far down that road.

kroot reproduce by giving each other backrubs.
No, really.
The male exudes [the closest thing to sperm] from the palms of his hands, which is absorbed into the female's skin. Since the females reproductive organs are situated behind the shoulders, this is where the male places his hands if they wish to reproduce. The female then regurgitates the eggs out of her mouth, which hatch some time later.
Kroot are fucking cool.

>Eldar
>pity