>bant company is still cancer
>FUCKING STANDARD

magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptemn

Top 8 decklists for the Pro Tour in standard

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-08-16-ODb-gr-dragons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw the lumberjack

Should I trade liliana for like 3 lumberjacks?

Know when coverage starts back up?

>like bant, green, white, humans
>they're all 100% cancer decks right now
Fuck, I almost want them to be terrible again so I can play them without having my wallet or my feelings hurting

Hah no.
Lil will be strong and valued as long as black is playable in standard, while Not-Garuke will only be worth while as long as delerium is strong. Delerium will be getting stronger with keledesh so he'll probably see play, but if he sees play so will Lil.
I'd get maybe one or two copies but don't stock up.

how would something like the temur emerge deck we saw in the pro tour fare against a w/r human aggro deck, it only runs like 3 to 4 kozileks return as removal and 4 of those gnarlwood dryads as early blockers.
it seems to me that you would have to get extremly lucky on your draws to get kozileks fast enough to kill his board.

WUR humans WW@?

Should I dump my Lili for a few modern staples now, or should I wait until Kaladesh?

>got an Emrakul from Sealed, considered selling it for the 14$ it was worth but decided against it
>now it's like 30$

is now a good time to sell?

>Grim Flayer is on the rise
Crap, my LGS hasn't been able to get any for the last five days.

Where do you buy singles? I want to start playing standart and looking for a place to order the whole deck from. I tried TCGplayer but they don't ship internationally. What do?

wait until after it's in the final today

>tfw only 2 bant humans decks showed up at the pt

Welp, time to just go full cancer and bant company

3-0 against Bant company so far with this deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-08-16-ODb-gr-dragons/

>internationally
Magic Card Market.

I sold one for dirt at my LGS two weeks ago cause I opened two and a third foil

now im fucking loaded bb

I just hate how they feel the need to repeatedly talk about how bant isnt the big boogy man when in reality it was still the most represented and its obvious wizards coerced the field into playing GB delerium to sell product.

I'm not a conspiracy person dude, but I think that players played GB delirium because it's a good deck. It just isn't as good as bant company.

I´m trying to change my old u/r prowess for the current standard. Went through my cards and found only those first -

Fevered Visions
Mercurial Geists
Curious Homunculus
Sanguinary Mage
Weaver of Lightning
Thermo-Alchemist
Rush of Adrenaline

Could anyone recommend a few cards? Maybe a few blue ones? I´m planning on replacing the tarkir and origins cards with them.

Bedlam Reveler.

Stormchaser mage, Fiery Temper+Lightning Axe for great justice, Shreds of sanity, Negate to fuck with CoCo, spell shatter.

>Only 1 deck in the top8 doesn't use Green
G STRONK

Where are my testicles Summer?

Knew I should've named the file that

Yeah, Lupine prototype is a potentially really strong card though, you can actually use it as removal if you combine it with prey upon and/or clear shot for some nice powerful removal.

have meld cards worked out well for anyone?

holy shit, that was my promo card

Rats/Scavengers are okay in draft.
Hanweir Battlements is solid, and Garrison is good enough to play in decks with Battlements.
Gisela is good on her own, Bruna is meh. There might be an Eldritch Evo deck out there to make it happen.

>Liliana is 50$

Wew

It's actually $35. It'll be like $50 after it wins the pro tour.

$45 actually. Foils of either liliana or newrakul will fetch over $70 though.

Why is lili so expensive?

Because everyXB deck in the pro tour is using her, and I mean EVERY deck.

Because she's a good 3 drop Walker despite what Veeky Forums says

Because in Standard "midrange the grindening" Format a 3 drop planeswalker that can generate value from grabbing back den protectors and den protectors grabbing whatever you want you can just value your opponent out of the game. Also her +1 is decent and she threatens to win the game eventually via ult.

>3 drop Walker

Isn't that what makes her playable? That and she ticks all the boxes of what makes walkers good.
>She acts as removal
>doesn't die to bolt
>is less than 4cmc
>protects herself
>provides persistent pseudo-card advantage
>Removal for them is patchy and they can be hard to remove profitably when played on curve

This current lili is very good indeed. I sold mine for 40 bux the other day and now I'm beginning to wonder if that was the wrong idea lol.

While I like some walkers in terms of their design, I am not a huge fan of their existence.

Wait so the liliana I am currently using in an edh deck is $50? Does this mean I keep it or sell it?

Sell it. Other Lilis are better for EDH.

does anyone have 2 avacyns they could send on puca?

I don't care, I'm calling it The Rock. I know The Rock when I see one. And BG Delirium is a Rock deck with graveyard synergies. Finally. The Rock has come back to Standard.

CAN YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

>Wizards shilling that Standard is diverse
>Everyone pointing out these new decks popping up
>LSV shows up and just deep decks every fucking person with Bant Company

I guess other decks just don't have enough value

I wish block constructed was a supported format. Yes, I am actually wishing that all sets were still in print.

Yes, I know.

Theres always casual with friends

It's probably just because lsv is the best there ever was

My friend is trying to get me back into standard, is there a decent control deck in the meta right now?

Either black white or esper are okay

I'm partial to esper better sideboard against all the emrakul decks

>main card is Ishkana
>boss creature makes tokens
>sacrificing creatures for value

This is the closest thing we have to the original rock deck yet, out of the last 15 years.

BW control and UR Eldrazi Control works right now. There's also this for your timmy dic

I know
absolutely zero about the current standard meta, havent's played since RTR/Theros
esper sounds good, very grindy reactive UW decks are my favorite

You should definitely look into Esper then

RIP LSV

LSV just lost now I'm sad af guys

Cards that Veeky Forums thought sucked.

>Baby Jace
>Scrylands
>Isknah
>New Emrakul

Feel free to add your own.

Scry lands were and are shit, but those other three cards I was saying was good to begin with

I'm forcing a starfield of Nyx deck in standard. Enchantment destruction seems pretty weak outside of dromoka's command and I'll be running so many enchantments that I won't often be losing anything huge.

Wincons are probably a singleton of Sorin, Ob Nixilis and Avacyn.

For the more aggressive decks (Bant and/or Spirits) I've got dead weight and wasteland strangler + silkwrap but I'm not sure what to use against these sorts of decks in the top 8 (BW control, RG ramp, etc...). Stasis Snare hits Emrakul but I think I need more answers.

Is Gideon any good in the format right now?

not a card but there's the memorable dissing of every tricolor deck as unplayable. in the innistrad spoiler season.

Did I play against you on xMage like, eight hours ago?

>goblin rabblemaster
>jeskai ascendancy
>thassa, god of the sea
>master of waves

Veeky Forums is retarded, f@m

>Scry lands were and are shit
No.

I was forcing that deck before theros rotated out, junk topping out with doomwake and elspeth and stalling out with courser and nyx ram, Chad is pretty bad imo

When were they good?

I now realise that our decks really weren't that alike

No. I haven't played online since like, DTK.

I'm going for a very creature light build, mostly removal in Stasis Snare, Imprisoned in the Moon, Dead Weight, Silkwrap etc... Supplant that with Anguished Unmaking and Declaration in Stone and then add board wipes (I'm currently testing out x2 Languish and a singleton Planar Outburst to get around Spell Quellers). I've got Oath of Jace/Liliana to offer sac options to Dromoka's Command and then Lunar Force, Scatter to the Winds and Dispel for some permission.

So before she leaves I'm going to make kolaghan work anyone got any ideas

When pro players found room for them even in the height of four color Khans decks.

Getting play isn't the same as being good friendo

How is Isknah good?

It is in standard. Which is the most played format.

She's 45 dollars. I highly doubt she'll reach Jace levels of insanity. If you're not using her, I'd sell now for store credit and pick up the axe man after his prices starts to go down.

It isn't. It's a worse Pia and Kiran but green is by far the strongest color in standard right now.

Have you watched any coverage today?

They were definitely was just okay when they were in standard

Not getting countered by spell queller is a nice upside

Never said they were great. But they were pretty much ubiquitous in standard the entire time they were legal.

That seems that would qualify as 'good' to me.

Yes, and not being able to consistently get tokens on turn 5 is a not so nice downside.

There are certainly enough differences between the cards to note pros/cons but P&K is definitely the stronger card.

They weren't really relevant until khans beyond just getting scry value with mono b mono u and UW being on top and shocks still being legal, and they were used pretty slimly after near the end of there time

Have you been watching coverage delium can easily be online turn 4 friendo

I will admit I wasn't playing during khans fate reforged tho

apart from the delirium build thats getting played at the PT, what are some good ways to make the G/R ramp shell work in the current meta?

Can also means cannot. P&K is much more reliable when it comes to getting tokens. Yes, right now, if you dedicate your deck to turning on delirium, you can get your tokens on turn 5. P&K also isn't vulnerable to graveyard hate and has seen [albeit limited] play in Modern.

Again, the two cards are different enough that one is not strictly better or worse than the other, but P&K is both the stronger and better card.

Quick glance says 45 in top 8 Khans PT and 0 in Fate PT.

Really hit both ends of the spectrum.

axe man is bad, sylvan advocate is better. notice the game that just got played where grim flayer was completely useless because, no delirium (Sam pardee v lukas blohon round 3)

imprisoned in the moon is a bad removal spell.

>2/2
>no reach
>adds 2 1/1 fliers that can't drain
>red

Gentlemen.

How to we fix pic related?

user, you can't compare these cards completely in a vacuum. Ishkanah shines in the delirium shells yes, but she's seeing play in decks that aren't delirium focused e.g. gw tokens. Graveyard hate is a non factor in this standard environment, there is not a single card that is being played in sideboards that messes with the opponents yard in a significant way. Ishkanah provides way more value and stats than p&k do. The negligible risk pays off to a greater reward. Also, modern play does not make a card more powerful than another in standard.

Neither of today's grand finals decks have it.

Only one of the top four decks has it.

Lilliana sucked they said. She wasn't a threat they said.

I never thought that she sucked but everyone was pissy about her not having a +1 discard

I damn well knew that Lily would be a problem when her +1 can shrink a creature by 2 power and put her at 4 loyalty at the same time, might even be modern playable at this point depending on the meta there

>tfw can't make it to gameday
>tfw really want that mat
>probably wouldn't win anyways
Why couldn't Lili Last Hope be on an ultra pro mat, not the gameday? They almost always fucking put the walker arts on mats but not this time for whatever reason.

What are you talking about, this mat looks great.

Can't win Gameday? Buy it on Ebay.

Finished a list, rate me lads

4x Thraben Inspector
3x Town Gossipmonger
4x Gryff's Boon

4x Declaration in Stone
4x Incendiary Flow
4x Thalia's Lieutenant

3x Always Watching
3x Hanweir Garrison
4x Reflector Mage
1x Thalia, Heretic Cathar

2x Ojutai's Command

That makes room for 24 lands. How should I construct my landbase?

>Losing the final game due to mana screw

Holy fuck thats heartbreaking

fuck that douche bag.

GLORY TO BLOHON

Normally I'd agree with you but It was Turtenwald so he deserves it.

This pretty much, half the stores wont even have a gameday despite being sent the supplies, they'll end up on ebay en masse.

BW control won I'm so happy I knew it was a good deck

Good Job WotC, you finally printed a good card.