Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

Horror Adventures leaks edition. What's looking good? What's looking shit?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2pCv7k_Hzvg
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/paizo---cavalier-archetypes/daring-champion
youtube.com/watch?v=PmYGfn5Iq9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the best way to run a Human Cavalier?
(no 3rd party books)

Speaking of, list of stuff for the day includes:
>The rest of the archetypes
>The corruptions in better quality

Get a mount. Get a lance. Be stronk.

Why is Dawnborn so awesome?

My players are going to be fighting the Stag Lord today in Kingmaker. I usually give every major boss enemy a unique theme but so far haven't came up with one for this guy. Can anyone link me some good boss music that could fit him? Soundcloud links preferably.

Alright, so it's really no more than mounted charges with a lance as often as possible?
Should I use a shield in my offhand or my banner?

youtube.com/watch?v=2pCv7k_Hzvg

Depends, do you want the mount or not?

hell yeah I want the mount.
Are there people who play Cav without the mount? why?

Are any of the kineticist archetypes anywhere worse than the Psychokineticist?

I just cannot believe this was ever made

How would you resolve to fixing the swashbuckler?
And is it a simple fix?

Charmed Life should function similarly to divine grace for one.

Starting with Corruptions since they're first.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/paizo---cavalier-archetypes/daring-champion
Yes, believe it or not there's some decent mountless archetypes for Cavalier.

Paizo likes to act like Will is the most useless save in the system.

Didn't someone make an Unchained Swashbuckler way back when?

Ever wanted to be a fey? I guess this is how to do it.

Because it can be difficult to, say, bring a horse into a dungeon.

Need to play a submissive arcane caster in PF.

No idea how to do that with bloodlines and archetypes available. Desert setting.

Are there any good Sorceress builds that wouldn't turn her into TREMENDOUS POWAH and maybe more about buffing or summoning?

Honestly I barely noticed he was afflicted in this picture.

>submissive
>desert setting

Get out of here, Gorean.

Ghoul stuff, might be a good combo with Deadhand Style.

Ban the base swashbuckler and make the player take the daring champion (renamed to swashbuckler) instead?

These ones don't seem too bad, plus it's Devils who are really the least dickish of the Evil-aligned outsiders most of the time.

Kindly go here for incredible mechanics

This is the Ultimate Bio-Weapon

The corruption thing is kind of weird, especially since Forsaken Liches (liches that were unsuccessful in the ritual) already exist, so when would this happen?

By "incredible" you obvious mean terrible.

You know, you probably should have stopped when Gareth asked you to.

Hey look, it's that thing that apparently chicks love to bang.

Seriously, can someone explain the appeal of werewolves to me? I don't get it.

The setting ain't like that at all.

This is one I'm actually interested in, since corruption only really progresses if you over-use the powers it gives you instead of just at arbitrary times.

Poor Valeros, he never asked for this.

I guess this is the sort of "generic evil" possession, like what happened in Event Horizon where the ship was possessed by a kind of general evil malice.

Two words, hyphenated, user:
>butter-dog

She gets to fuck man's best friend like a dirty beast, thus fulfilling numerous taboos (and therefore fetishes). It's bestiality, conceptual-cuckolding, getting "taken" and being bred all in one

And finally Vampire, which it seems like isn't an issue if you can cast Protective Penumbra.

I like Hellbound and Vampire but some of the others are just terrible with no real benefits even.

Skipping ahead, it's the Bestiary.

Dread Lords, looks pretty neat since they get a bunch of special powers to choose from.

Now are we going to the monster templates section of the book user?
youtube.com/watch?v=PmYGfn5Iq9s

Totally not ripped from H.R. Geiger's notes.

And here's your horror movie monster template. Everyone knows Nightmare Resurrection, but Right Behind You is also fun looking.

She's a qt, minus the bleeding eyes and likely attraction to flayed flesh.

it's only cosmetic. also, this is a phase. you get her now and 5 years down the line she's like, super embarrassed about this time in her life.

Remember: Animated Paintings are not a viable source of food.

Does Arcane Sight let you see creatures who are sneaking, assuming the creature in question has magical items and active spells on it?

Huh... Is there no Hive Worker? The other creatures keep referencing a Hive Worker.

This is exactly +2 spooky to creatures it applies to.

That Xhamen Dor?
Man, he/she/it looks like a discarded Muppet.

Dunno, I can do a Ctrl+F through the book to find it after I'm done posting.

Well these things look fucking terrifying at least, even if they're not really powerful.

Love her [stand]

Whats the source on this? I've been hoping for more Xhamen Dor infromation.

Werewolves are hot because they're typically tortured hunks that turn into violent raging brutes once a month, you're satisfying numerous fetishes with a werewolf and some of them aren't even explicitly sexual; caring for and earning the trust of a lycanthrope is a thrill, and the scenario of your lover turning into a protective loyal beast that still seeks to sate their lusts on you has all the trappings of a forbidden romance.

It's like asking why men want to fuck a dragon, it's the implications of earning the trust of this powerful being so that it not only works with you, it wants to lay with you.

Of course there's also the hedonistic thrill of getting a huge hot dick jammed in you by a hulking beast that can pick you up and use you like a fucktoy.

And some templates if you want to apply corruptions to your monsters.

This is fucking the same as movie Aliens. JCF Paizo, are you so creatively and morally bankrupt?

And finally the last of the templates, plus a few extra ones. Familial Lich is pretty neat, and makes taking Family Hunter not completely useless in all cases.

Xamen Dhor is one of the villains in Strange Aeons.
He does appear in the fourth module, in which you explore the ruins of a yithian colony that is overrun with flying polyps and which lake is where this Old One sleeps.

Awesome. As much as I expect it to be cheesy Lovecraft Lite I am excited for Strange Aeons.

Oh, found it.
>Hive workers have similar statistics, though they have the ability to secrete resin and sculpt that resin, rather than acid spit or rending mandibles.
It's a tiny line attached to the Hive Warrior.

This Vampiric template seems like a possibly better alternative than even the corruptions for a Vampire PC, since it's still weaker than the normal Vampire template.

I don't believe so, no. If they're invisible so are their magic auras (unless you have See Invisibility), and if they're behind something their auras are similarly hidden. I assume if they're hiding in a way that requires magic and doesn't make them invisible that you can spot that though, like Blend with Surroundings.

How would you make detective work and investigations work in PF?

Oh cool. Thank you.

And now for the rest of the Archetypes. First up is the Barbarian.

The premise of Strange Aeons is that you chase a former boss of you, an ustalavian noble delusional about his artistic talent that becomes seduced by Hastur and plans to bring the King in Yellow to Golarion not by the traditional means (using the damn cursed theatrical play) but by opening a portal straight to Carcossa with eldritch technology.
You start in an ustalavian asylum in the first module, trying to escape along with the other inmates then in the second module you and your insane allies help stop a witch that is pretty much Enya from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and in the third module you do a trip into the Dreamlands for recover your memories about what happened to you for become so nuts (and in the process you meet a still living Abdul Alhazred and also meet "Randolph Carter").

Clerics. Not sure why you'd bother with Channel the Void, honestly.

Druid. Some of these are kind of weird, like I don't know why you'd use the Devolution ability.

Can you instead set this in the modern day?

Inquisitor. Someone wanted Hexenhammer? Here it is.

You know he's evil because of the facial hair.

Investigator. The Gravedigger looks pretty awful.

That... Actually sounds kind of neat. Are there any new character options included in the books?

Whole bunch of Medium spirits, if that sort of thing gets you going. Although you can become a Lich?

Tortured Paladin seems interesting, although it sounds like they should all have black dyed hair and mope about their tortured lives.

I guess you can jury-rig it into the 20s by introducing some contemporary technologies but considering that the campaign takes you from Ustalav to the distant lands of Casmaron (which is pretty much Arabian Nights meets Mythic Persia) this conversion may end failing.

Man, Spiritualists just keep looking more and more like Jojo. Also Necrologist looks like it's based on the Gluttony phantoms from Occult Realms, since they're corporeal.

Vigilante, with the cool Serial Killer NPC archetype since it's highly unlikely you'll ever play it in a game.

There may be some rules aimed to NPCs, like spells and powers linked to Hastur, and perhaps some additional rules on dealing with the power of the Cthulhu Mythos but I doubt anything very heavy.

HELLO FBI, WHEN I TALK ABOUT EATING CHILDREN I DON'T MEAN ACTUALLY EATING REAL CHILDREN.

>this conversion may end failing
How's that?

Wanted to know if I could set it in the here and now, the great 2016.

And last and probably least, Wizard shit including an actual necromancy archetype.

Eh, Giantslayer had that Volcano Oracle mystery I was just hoping something like that may have been in there. As much as I desperatly want a divine boon granting prestige class for great old one worshipers I doubt that'll ever happen because of how pissscared Paizo is of anything not a spunky CG teen.

>I give each of my bosses a unique theme
As cool of an idea as this is, wouldn't one song become annoying over the couse of a boss fight? I know mine last at least 45 minutes.

>Check if Gingerbreat alignment requirements.
>At difference of Serial killer or other archetypes is not specified that the PC must evil aligned.
Now I want to play a CG witch that gobbles down orcs and other evil humanoids.

Paizo feels like they are pandering and jumping on both fandom and fetish bait.

>All this shut that just ends with "gm takes your character away"
The fuck, so instead of players having to deal with this shit and the consequences of their mistakes or decisions it just becomes lmao time to reroll a character.

God maybe it's just me but fuck that just ruins most of that stuff, but I realize it's Piazo so it's on par.

Having to actually face adversity triggers the delicate sentiments of people that think gaming should be a safe-space power fantasy.

can someone pls upload the pdf of "the harrow handbook"?

I can't find it

:(

That looks fun.

Oh shush.

How do you go about becoming a lich as a wizard?

Work with your DM to remove the corruption stages.

Being level 11, spending 120k gold on a magic box, and committing major atrocities as part of a 24 hour long ritual.

Alright /pfg/, my GM is allowing a feat that will give us the ability to change out our initiation modifier (and the stat our Initiator Class Abilities are ruled by) for any mental ability score of our choice.

If I wanted to make Pic Related (Bladed Sheath + Scimitar/Rope Dart TWF) as a Stalker, would I be best off switching to INT or CHA?

I mean for fuck sake being a vampire shouldn't mean I'm now a npc, it should be a the player takes what he's been given and works with it, and either accepts his curse or tries to revert it not "lmao reroll your character is mine now"

I wasn't completely blaming the spooky skeletons though, I'm saying Paizo is encouraging a style of play where a character never really gets depowered or put in a vulnerable position.

There's a spell you can cast, or you can spend 120,000 gold to create a phylactery and take a template with your DM's permission.