How would you roleplay a high Wis, average Int character?

How would you roleplay a high Wis, average Int character?

Like my grandpa

Gypsy fortuneteller.

Like a Cleric or Druid

As wise. You don't have to be good at math, know a lot about historical events or even have a particularly quick memory (logic, knowledge and memory being the primary focuses of Intelligence) to be capable of developing the strong grasp of a situation, read the emotions of another or possessing a great deal of control/awareness over one's own mentality (the core principles of Wisdom.)

An important part of playing a High Wis character is knowing not to drink Diet Coke with Bacon.

An important part is also knowing it's a bad idea but trying a sip to confirm it and not assume anything. After all it's a drink, you're not risking much.

Makes dumb decisions, but gives good advice.

In real life, we refer to all mental skills as intelligence. In DnD, it just refers to memorization and problem solving.

A very wise character can almost always know what his actions will lead to, without calculating the physical result. So if he see a bridge, he may not know how much it can hold, but he knows if it looks like one that held his weight before.

Essentially, you play them as someone with a wide variety of rich life experiences.

Some think that memorizing proverbs is the best way. However, this requires memorization (related to intelligence) and a wise character should be able to pull from his own life experiences to make a new proverb.

The owner of a degree in philosophy

oh, I thought you said BELOW average int

You can drink bleach mate, fancy a pint of pine-fresh?

Your average Int lets you know that those aren't intended as beverages, and your high Wis has you notice on the bottle where there are warnings to not go full retard.

>low-Int, low-Cha response

High INT, low WIS is knowing something is going to be bad and doing it anyway to see how bad.

Depends on the severity I think. Shoving the eye of Vecna in is low WIS. Trying unusual foods isn't quite on the same level.

More important question is how you roleplay high Wis LOW int char

Like an animal with uncanny instincts.

Don Quixote is the story of a high-Wis low-Int character and his low-Wis low-Int traveling companion.

>buttmad stem major

As a street smart "follow my gut" detective with no regard for the rules.

A loose cannon if you will who succeeds because he is the best.

So they Pair him up with a by the books detective who doesn't know anything unless it's written down for him.

But instead of being detectives. It's a mace wielding undead bashing cleric stuck with a boring wizard bookworm.

Karl Pilkington
>"People who live in a glass house have to answer the door. "

You ever watch naked gun?

Or would that be low Wis low int?

You ever watch rambo: first blood?
That dumbass sheriff would probably be high Wis low int...or at least decent Wis.

Id make him/her fairly old, with lots of life experiences and an impressive list of accomplishments. This could represent the wisdom.

Average intellect? Maybe they have memory problems. Or make them super devout, or closed minded or something.

I like the combo though. Makes for some interesting possibilities.

My group always describes the relationship between INT and WIS as "INT is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, WIS is knowing that it doesn't belong in a fruit salad."
For example, from an RP perspective, a high WIS, low/average INT Druid would recognize certain herbs and berries as either beneficial or toxic, but wouldn't necessarily know their given names or anything beyond whether the berry is good or bad.
You could basically say INT is knowledge gained from developed or civilized society, stuff we've compiled over time through research and imparted through books and teachers, while WIS is knowledge gained from experience and what we can quickly understand about an object or situation, which is why a beast with negative intelligence may still have a plus to, and maybe even significant wisdom stat - because it reflects its learned knowledge, rather than taught knowledge.

An average-INT, high-WIS character wouldn't be able to tell you if that old wood and rope bridge is safe or not, but he would be able to tell you if it's worth taking the risk of using it or not.

He seems pretty high-int though, just isn't showy about it.

I think it's the right track though - high wis, low int necessarily has to be old, it doesnt really make sense otherwise

Might seem weird, but I've always seen Cap as a great example of this. He's got experience like crazy, and he has a great sense of natural intuition. He knows how a lot of situations will pan out due to a mix of these, and is able to maximize on any advantages because of it. However, I wouldn't exactly call him a "highly intelligent" person. The "They appear to be powered by electricity " part in the Avengers movie comes to mind, and even reminded me of players interacting at a table.

why

Why the fuck does that trigger you?

Sounds like a self-insert, so i'd do what i do

As a typical individual who has a great deal of common sense.

So Issac Newton then?

Dude stuck a needle in his eye socket to see what would happen and stared at the sun to the point of near blindness.

>"I tooke a bodkine gh & put it betwixt my eye & [the] bone as neare to [the] backside of my eye as I could: & pressing my eye [with the] end of it (soe as to make [the] curvature a, bcdef in my eye) there appeared severall white darke & coloured circles r, s, t, &c. Which circles were plainest when I continued to rub my eye [with the] point of [the] bodkine, but if I held my eye & [the] bodkin still, though I continued to presse my eye [with] it yet [the] circles would grow faint & often disappeare untill I removed [them] by moving my eye or [the] bodkin."

forgot pic

Oz from Buffy.

There can be no progress without experimentation.

You mean average Int, Wis but fuck high Cha when it comes to sexing women.

You fucker, I chuckled then saluted England.

he isnt very gifted at math, he isnt very good at solving puzzles, he doesnt always put 2 and 2 together, he doesnt remember things all the time, he isnt too good at producing exact results

but he knows when someone is lying, he may not know what went wrong but he's the first to notice somethings amiss. He isnt easily fooled,and he is very good at approximating things. He has nerves of steel, and trusts his gut, and his gut is usually right

Shaquille O'Neal

Wat.

yogi berra

so which is better, high WIS low INT or high INT low WIS

Personally, I choose the latter, as that will likely help you more in traps/negotiations. You need those skills in longer campaigns

Zen master.

Play a guy with great intuition and insight who often seems smarter than he actually is, gives friends good advice but can hardly explain how he came up with it.

Perception and insught are equally if not more important

Hell if we're talking 5e then wis all day. Depending on your gm perception and passive perception is fucking critical

>high INT low WIS
This reminds me of the floor is lasers thing

You'll need Cha moreso than Int or Wis.