Has anyone played GTA tabletop?

Has anyone played GTA tabletop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SfDjvhsdQoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I rep Grove Street IRL

Do you mean like general gangster RPG, or do you want specifically a game set in GTA universe?

I played neither, just wanted to ask.

GTA universe.

I'm sure someone, somewhere, has, yes.

Isn't that just RL with teleporting police cars and D&D health points?

Seriously, though, you're asking someone else to do your heavy lifting for you. What you *should* do is throw together a GTA game setting with whatever appropriate system you have available, do some world building and/or run a few sessions, and then tell us about it.

Be the Veeky Forums that actually gets shit done, rather than expecting everyone else to get shit done for you.

i would probably never since everyone would want to be trevor and quite frankly if i wanted that i'd play a saint's row RPG

>car wars without guns

Why even bother?

Isn't that every table top done in a modern game that isn't dealing with a military or cthluhu? Cause fuck if half the party won't rob a gas station for money while the tohers find the best car to steal so they can proceed on to deal with whatever is going on in the plot at hte time.

Well, GTA has it's characteristic satirical humour and tendency to go over the top while still staying fairly realistic in most cases.

As for the crunch itself, pretty much yeah, depends largely on what kind of criminal you want to play as.

Actually I'm starting to really like this idea and my group would probably love it too, but I'm afraid I know too little about how actual criminals work and operate to make such a campaign believable.

Anyone know some good modern systems that focus on criminals?

GURPS

Red Markets could probably work for a gta especially with GTA V's tone

>Actually I'm starting to really like this idea and my group would probably love it too, but I'm afraid I know too little about how actual criminals work and operate to make such a campaign believable.

Depends on how much cash is involved. If you're mafia-tier, you can allegeldy buy up regular companies and use your drug and human trafficking cash to put other companies in the field out of business as you're looking at incomes comparable to small nations..

I've never specifically run a game in the GTA universe, but a lot of games I've run have basically turned into GTA. I mean really, it's a murder-hobo simulator, which is what most tabletop games turn into whether the GM wants them to or not. Self obsessed sociopaths with no homes, no families, no jobs, no friends, no discernible goals or motivations, no deeper psychology than greed and an unexplained hostility toward everyone and everything around them, roaming aimlessly from one task to another, butchering innocent people without pause or consideration, causing untold chaos and property destruction, and generally being the worst human beings imaginable while resisting or ignoring any effort of a higher power to steer them down some kind of coherent, narrative path.

And, of course, insisting at every turn that they are the heroes.

>Written by someone who hasn't played a GTA game since Vice City

I've played all of them.

You mean the Violence RPG?

My first game of d20 modern was intended to be something between Pulp Fiction and Neverwhere, but swiftly ended up in GTA territory. I even used Grove Street as an encounter, where the cop PC had to chase some killer from house-to-house while a gang war was tearing the cul de sac apart.

Any game I've ever run in a modern (or cyberpunk) setting basically devolves into GTA at some point.
youtube.com/watch?v=SfDjvhsdQoo

violence is deliberately unplayable. If you ever looks into it more than the cover you'd never recommend it for anything.

My dm thought I was when we played fallout pnp. I was a mafia character and then everyone was tommy vercetti or something.

Do you mean a game based on the plot of GTA, or how people play GTA?
If the latter, Everyone is John.

>no homes, no families, no jobs, no friends, no discernible goals or motivations, no deeper psychology than greed

CJ had all of these. Even Vercetti had friends and a goal beyond making cash money.

Actually myself and three friends have played it; it was just like a session of GTA - about 10mins of mindless violence before we all got wasted. It's a lot like HoL, in that the satire is part of the gameplay. Give it a try sometime.