Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Slaanesh Went Down To Georgia Edition

>Last thread
>Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=X9uk9IcoQ0w

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy and The 9th Age products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

wfrp1e.wikia.com/wiki/Gisoreux
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/473-saurian-ancients-sa/
reapermini.com/Miniatures/Lizardman/latest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Repoosting for new bread

Just ran my party through Ashes of Middenheim for WFRP 2nd edition. they loved it! I found the followup adventure path, Spires of Altdorf. Has anyone played it? It claims to be very complex to GM, but i have been running games for a while and i think i can handle it

Second for we need a cover image that's easier to spot on the catalogue like the 40K General one.

We already have three.
But that ruins the fun of posting a new one every time.

Just use the find function. That's what I do.

Any good Skaven novels?

So I've been planning on doing Skirmishes and Warband games (using 3rd edition warhammer) set in Endhammer. The setting feels appropriate for that level. The nations just went through an apocalypse with the loss of countless lives. Makes sense that large armed conflicts would not be very desired

For the guy asking about Gisoreux, I admit I just looked online.

wfrp1e.wikia.com/wiki/Gisoreux

The one about Queek I hear is quite good.

which are the other 2?

The Black Plague and Grey Seer novels are god-tier

look for C L Werner + Skaven and you'll get all 6 novels.

I don't have the third.

Thanks.

Guys, can I get an answer on something?

I cracked open a box of Daemonettes I've been keeping on the back burner since 2001.
The square bases are a much bigger size. They don't even match my Masque model, which has a 2009 base.

Should I use the old bases? Get some new ones? Does it matter?

wud u a kerillian

im going to write a power metal song about one of the chaos gods
which one should it be

>start reading Gotrek & Felix
>Skaven get upset about their friends dying
The fuck?

Yes.

Zuvassin

The Great Horned Rat

quit being fucking hipsters

Hashut, Malal.

Why not a battle between all four? That'd be awesome.

Or I guess Malal, working against the rest.

The fuck are you on about? GHR literally rose to Slaanesh's position.

Gotrek and Felix goes through most of Warhammer history.

The early part of the series reflects the early lore in a lot of ways. Just like Genevive.

Games Workshop ramped up the grimdark, said what things races cannot be, mostly later. Early on it was "usually Chaotic Evil", later the writers put their foot down and put "always Chaotic Evil".

Zuvassin isn't really hipster material.

Ranald is hipster tier.

Hashut is honestly the most metal chaos god.

Smoke, fire, sorcery, slave sacrifices, giant brass bulls.

She seems nice, but she'd probably kill me. Waywatchers are a little loony.

Ranald isn't even a Chaos god.

It seems to me that the most under served army I would have expected to see lots of 3ed party stuff for is beastmen.
It's a shame
And also the reason I'm sculpting them first.

Melodic death metal = Nurgle
Thrash metal = Slaanesh
Power metal = Khorne
Weird experimental atmospheric shit = Tzeentch

I mean in general. None of the Chaos Gods are really hipster tier, just because people want to find out about all the Chaos Gods.

Nobody knows Ranald. Or cares either. He's not interesting except as a description of luck. Only hipsters give a shit about Ranald, and ONLY because nobody else gives a shit.

A lot of companies are trying to fill the void left by GW.

Beastmen are coming. All the sooner if they squat them, which they probably will soon. Or at least drop most of their model range.

>melodeath = nurgle

i think you just mean doom

I dunno, I like luck, and I could see people caring about Ranald if they wanted a rogue character or just someone to pray to for good luck when in trouble. And he's got a lot of description to his cult and worship at least.

Now Handrich, that's a hipster god. He's just a god of trade with nothing outstanding about him, both encouraging smart deals and charity. No one outside of merchants should care about Handrich.

If you're a REAL hipster you still talk about the Gods of Order.

I think Zuvassin is just falling into the orchestra pit whilst wearing a polka suit.

im just gonna do it about khorne cause it pretty much writes itself

also one of the pics in my captcha is just a blank sign with no words on it

I really don't
Melodeath in my opinion can most accurately reflect the simultaneous grimness and joyousness of nurgle's followers.

It dent really matter.
The bases should be 25mm square, but it sounds sounds like sounds like you sounds like you got some 35mm ones instead.

>but it sounds sounds like sounds like you sounds like

what did he mean by this

I genuinely didn't even notice that until you pointed it out, jesus christ.

>Handrich
>god of trade
>HAND
>RICH

Order is too mainstream.

Neutrality is hipster.

They're okay to use? I'm mixing Daemonettes with the TGG2 Kickstarter Mantis Warriors. I'm worried half my army will be on different bases, and that my opponent may be able to complain.

Any opponent who complains that you give him a larger target to hit on charges is an idiot. Before you out the unit tgether, measure the bases. If they are widely larger, you can trim them down. Most reasonable players won't have a problem with with the with the bases being too large, but if you ate really concerned ask your opponent.

Thanks. I didn't think of shaving them to the correct size.

>but it sounds sounds like sounds like you sounds like you

how good are mono god chaos teams on the tabletop

Blood Bowl, 8e, or T9A?

Mono god are always more limited than no restriction.

So worse, but usually not unplayable.

In 8e, only Nurgle works. Khorne needs at least a wizard from someone else to be good, Slaanesh is kind of gimped, Tzeentch is unplayable.

In 9th Age, you're rewarded for playing monogod. Nurgle is probably still the best, then Tzeentch and since you can actually play Khorne without a wizard they tie for second place. Slaanesh is iffy, depends on who you're facing and how good you are on the table, they're either tied for best with Nurgle or the weakest.

>Mon'keigh

Do the Elves in WHF ever use that? I've never seen it used in anything aside from 40K Eldar.

Not that I've seen, but basically every other Eldar word translates to Elf so it'd be stranger for it not to.

Elves have three different languages mate.

No they don't, nor has that ever once been implied.

They have different importance on the pantheon, and different writing, but their spoken language is the exact same.

Malus Darkblade travels to Ulthuan in the first of his books and, though the thousands of years in separation have caused change it's stated that Druhir (the Dark Elf language) is still similar enough that they can understand the High Elves.

Druhir is a dialect of Eltharin. It isn't a different language.

You're a super hipster if you like the god of order that no one understands or crystal-coffin lady instead of the one that Witch Hunters sometimes pray to.

I really do wonder why that lore was included - just to show that Chaos wasn't necessarily evil Chaos Gods? Two of the gods of Order don't have jack shit.

>I really do wonder why that lore was included - just to show that Chaos wasn't necessarily evil Chaos Gods? Two of the gods of Order don't have jack shit.
Because originally Chaos actually meant chaos, meaning all possibilities, instead of just five bad guys.

The chick in the crystal coffin was supposed to tie into Malal and the end of the story would have been her being released to play a bigger part of the story. The one that empowers Witch Hunters was supposed to be the actual power behind "Sigmar", since all power comes from Chaos and "gods" are just fragments of Chaos Gods. The light one was supposed to be Tzeentch basically, the one behind everything that involves unchangeable fate.

But because the Judge Dredd guys had a fight, they fucked over the story of Warhammer and gave us Mary Sue villains with no equal that always win instead.

All gods are Chaos Gods. That's why Archaon went mad.

Do you anons know of any good miniatures for lizards?

Even if GW did a shit job with it, I prefer Sigmar being an actual god than Solkan using him as a puppet. Otherwise we just have Chaos Gods getting beaten up by Chaos Gods, so either there's no end to it or Chaos technically wins.

Then again, no matter how you try to spin it, the whole situation seems bad. I think the idea of having everything come from Chaos was just a really bad idea - crucial in some sense, sure, but makes a mess of a setting.

Solkan is not real. Be'lakor said so.

That's still fucking stupid.

Be'lakor lies.

The only reason anyone thinks he doesn't lie is because he said he doesn't lie. In 40k.

Plus, he's a garbage character so everything with him in it should be disregarded anyway. He's the fucking Galen Marek mixed with Me'dan of Warhammer.

Reaper has some, Ral Partha just had a Kickstarter for some.

Which ones specifically are you looking for? Or just a full Lizardmen army without giving GW money?

I already gave GW some money.
I'm looking for anything interesting, be it characters, monsters or regular units.
Thanks for those user!

It's simply the truth. The gods are nothing but fantasies and reflections of emotions, dreams, desires

the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/473-saurian-ancients-sa/

There's the T9A recommendations. Not a complete list by any means, but its a start.

Going crazy and deciding to kill everyone because of it is fucking stupid. Still being a self-rightous cunt is fucking stupid. Becoming "vengeance incarnate" is beyond fucking stupid. The most stupid fucking thing of all is them making him the leader of all Chaos that the Chaos Gods are afraid of and can't control because they can't kill him in Age of Sigmar is the most fucking stupid thing of all.

Its all fucking stupid or worse.

Whoa, are you playing T9A SA as well?

Who knew that GW can't write an antagonist? Just because there is a prophesied event doesn't mean it needs to happen.

Gods still work the same way, but that doesn't bind their followers completely. Unless they follow their strictures.

No, but I'm aware of the list. Sorry I can't be more helpful, four years ago when debating a third army I went with Tomb Kings over Lizardmen.

Here ya go.

reapermini.com/Miniatures/Lizardman/latest

Been thinking of getting myself some Argonian minis when I found that Reaper's site has really good filters for stuff like that.

Mantic's salamanders are pretty good, some of the best stuff of their lines IMO. Avatar of war had at least one character for them.

>Be'lakor lies.

I don't think so. He sent the Solkan worshiper to the Realm of Chaos to check for himself. If Solkan guy found Solkan, then Be'lakor would look stupid.

He can control WHERE in the Realm of Chaos he left the guy.

What makes you think that going to the Realm of Chaos is going to be something that the Solkan worshipper will magically survive through?

Face it, never trust a daemon. They have obvious reasons for being biased and will only tell the truth in the odd times it suits them to do so, and will lie for the exact same reasons. Half-truths are a grab bag - maybe Solkan isn't real, in the sense that he's his own identity, but he's actually part of another Chaos god - something that can be found in the Realm of Chaos, but wouldn't be recognized.

Thanks anyway user. Tomb Kings would be my 2nd or 3rd pick.

Checked Reaper minis 2 months ago, didn't really catch my eye. Reptus Skullbreakers would be great for Kroxigors, if they were a little bit bigger that is.

Yeah, those models are pretty insane, They are mounted on 40s, right? I'm considering getting them as Kroxigors if that's the case.

Right now I'm looking for Kroxigors, Razordons and Skink Priests.

>They are mounted on 40s, right?
They are mounted normally on 25s but are approx the size of the old krox, and defo larger and bulkier than the temple guards.

Oh, you mean the Daemon that can reset the entire fucking timeline of the setting as many times as he wants, reversing the actions of the Chaos Gods themselves, until he gets the result that he wants?

Either he specifically dropped them where it would seem they couldn't find him, used illusions to make it seem like they were in the Warp, or reset the timeline and killed Solkan so he could eventually fuck with some guys.

Be'lakor only "tells the truth" because he says he does, in the other setting.

I guess that's doable then? What do you think user?

It's entirely doable in my book.

Is there any book with population figures/settlement lists for Bretonnia the way Sigmar's Heirs has for the Empire? Knights of the Grail doesn't have it.

Although, amusingly, it does have information on all the Dukes, while Sigmar's Heir does not have any information on the Elector Counts. Which is weird since they are more significant characters and fewer in number.

There are Sigmarites in Breotnnia, mostly in Montfort.

You can probably estimate that Bretonnia has 2/3rds of the populations as it's 2/3rds the size. Just in different places as the Empire has more in its cities and Bretonnia has more in its towns and villages.

Bretonnia would have a higher population I'd think, since most of it isn't Beastmen and Wood Elf infested forests. Or Ogres and Halflings.

Lurk leading a revolution of Skaven Slaves is fucking gold material.

I honestly doubt it. A 90% tax rate doesn't do wonders to encourage natality.

This is why I just had Be'lakor lobotomized by the four in my WFRP game. He's some linedev's faggy self-insert and it's best to give him the boot.

It's theorized that most lords "generously" return most of their due tax as a "gift" to their peasants.

>Kroxigors
if you can manage to get an order going, a guy on lustria online made the best fucking kroxigor ever.

they would just need some touches on the heads (horns or crests)

Well last thread someone mentioned one of the city's being bigger than the others. Where's this come from.

Aw shit man, these guys are insane.
I'm going to investigate at once, thanks!

Most of it isn't, yes, but it doesn't have the 'immigration' factor that the Empire does.

The Empire has the Colleges of Magic, the Engineers College and more. Still, this is in the last two hundred years.

Be'lakor is Be'lacuck.

I think that most Bretonnian lords CAN take up to 90% but don't.

One of the writers said that the Empire stats are several times larger than they are. That 1 equals several person, either sword wielding or tax worthy men. So when you look at Altdorf's stats, times that by at least 5 or 6.

I meant he mentioned Gisoreaux's city/town being more populous than Couronne or Bastonne.

Where is this from? What, perhaps, did he mean by this?

Bretonnia as a whole is more spread out in its villages. After the Storm of Chaos, Louen had a problem with assigning lords to lands, which is why he allowed lords to ply their cases in the Empire.

The Nemesis Crown campaign was also a mistake.

>The Nemesis Crown campaign was also a mistake.

How so?

It had the pretense of contribution but no one did anything. Bretonnians and High Elves did our best but nothing mattered.

GW should have stuck with their formula for boxed set campaigns and done their player-driven campaigns in the past of the setting.

Nobody would have cared which direction Grudge of Drong or Tragedy of McDeath went. Nobody would care if their waifu or husbando died, because you'd be introduced to them in the same story they die and they'd be dead, or undead at least, by the present anyway.

It's like you've never played a GW Global Campaign before.

But no, I agree whole heartedly. Not a single shit was given when it came to results.

I'm getting really sick of spinning these fucking things.

>>Not a single shit was given when it came to results.
So a typical GW summer campaign?