Getting into Force of Will

Quitting MTG and going to try force of will. One of the main draws to Force of Will is the fact you get your spell stone out every turn so its more fair and skill based.

So what can you guys tell me about the game? Playing a blue deck and might make a side green deck.

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member.php?id=728664).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The official trial decks in Germany include a blue deck whose only ability and purpose is to commit suicide via deck out.

I'm a MTG player looking to switch as well. I just picked up the Machina starter deck to familiarize myself and seems like it'll be a simple switch from MTG

I've never heard of this. Can you post some art or something? Tell me more about it?

Is there an online version so that I can try-before-I-buy?

Do you have any experience with other TCG's?

I have like no experience with this game but I asked the local game shop owner to hold onto a copy of the next "set" of cards that are Valkyria Chronicles themed. I hope this isn't a tragic mistake.

new set comes out in september. new preconstructed decks will be released and from what i understand the precons come very well put together with great cards. i'm also picking this game up as an alternative to mtg so i built a mono blue Valentina deck but will be buying one of the new precons too so i can try it out with friends. cant wait!

From what I've gathered, the game seems to be growing pretty rapidly. Card prices are likely going to rise with this as well, so the investment should pay off.

has there been spoilers for the precons?

bump. I want more FOW threads! Totally underrated tcg

The new starter decks releasing on September 2 are a great starting point for the game. If you want to sink your teeth into the game sooner, the older started decks are sufficient.

The game is still going through some growing pains but the new stuff releasing in September looks really promising so far. At it's core, the game has a very solid foundation gameplay wise that has helped it secure #4 TCG behind the holy Trinity, which is pretty great considering the game is not based off of an existing franchise.

Only light has been spoiled so far. Starter set spoilers are on Mondays. They are also spoiling the new cluster booster set on Wednesdays and Fridays.

I picked up a blue starter deck with that princess of love ruler and a friend opened up a whole booster box and gave me all the blues, even the super rare ones.

Want to change blue rulers though cause I just don't like here play style and the flavor text tells me shes a tyrant and a bitch. Although that white ruler in the picture is a cutie.

I've played MTG extensively but never seriously. I've also played the Pokemon TCG and Hearthstone, both very casually.

Well, in the game lore, she betrays and helps murder five of the seven kings, proclaims herself high ruler of Attoractia, then after a successful assassination attempt on her it's revealed she has some sort of body-snatching ability and she assumes control of the last surviving Attoractian King.

Try Shion then, best blue ruler in current format and very different play style (aggressive, best played with a multicolor stone base though since most blue resonators suck in Alice Cluster.)

seems good. I am trying to build a somewhat aggressive blue deck.

Have that card and feel bad for her. Never knew about the king killings. I know small bits and pieces.

what does the term "cluster" refer to? and what's up with vingolf? all the cards from all the sets are interplayable right?

A cluster is a set of cards.

A cluster is what they call blocks in this.

Vingolf is a card set between clusters that are kind of for beginners. A lot of the cards are pretty plain and a bit weak cards. There are some competitive cards here and there and they come with 2 of each dual stone so they are not a bad buy.

You can play with cards between sets and clusters depending on the format. New Frontiers is pretty much MTG Standard. It contains the 2 newest clusters, which is Grimm and Alice right now. In september Grimm will rotate out so I dont suggest investing in it too much unless you want it for Orgins format.

In magic terms, Cluster = block, Origins = legacy and New Frontiers = standard. Vingolf is a set that comes out at the end of ever cluster, and is more of a supplemental product, its a box set with 2 of each card in the set. They're considered part of whatever cluster they follow, and are usually more introductory style cards.

Why must Pricia always suffer?

The Valkyria Chronicles set want great. There's about 5 cards that'll see some play, and the rest is trash. The main thing is that it has 2 of each dual stone, which almost makes up the cost of the box in and of themselves. If you don't have dual stones yet, its worth it to get two Vingolf boxes to get the duals, and it gives you some lower power and somewhat synergistic cards you can build some decks out of to try the game with. If you already have duals, or if you'd rather get the original foil duals, I'd say spend your money on building a competitive deck instead.

The main thing I was dissapointed in was that all the rules did nothing on the ruler side. None of the rulers in the first one were amazing (Though Vlad did see some play) and they were fairly generic, but they at least did something as a ruler. The new ones have no abilities other than reducing their judgement cost. How boring.

Also, whoever was in charge of image selection should be taken out back and beaten. What's the resolution on this shit, 100x200?

>Vlad did see some play
>Some
That's an understatement.

Getting Eng singles EU side feels more or less impossible.

>its more fair and skill based.
Some cards require you to roll dice. DICE.

So what Im getting is this is a loli based card game.

What is #3?

I'm looking to get into it as well. I bought a booster box of the SKL series after playing around with the Valentina starter deck and have been trying to mess around with Valkyrie Alice. I also got a Rabus, but haven't built him yet. Seems good.

and on this note, I also have the Vingolf 1 box, are the stones in there legal for play or nah?

As someone who got the Fire Guy and the Light Princess free decks and played with a friend what do you guys recommend?

Should I grab a few starter decks and play those for a bit?

Also are decks limited to 4 copies of a card like in MTG?

How's Multiplayer?

I'm guessing the top three are MtG, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Beyond MtG being forever in the #1 spot, I don't know who's where.

Shion and Pricia aren't lolis, they're just thin and fit respectively. They can't all be titty monsters.

on art it is shame that any card databases do not track the artist and I cannot into moonrunes.
Honestly the thing that drew me into this was the art on Valentina.
Tits curve upwards like all Raitas tittymonsters

Post so we can know wtf you are talking about?

sry i ment that it looks like Raitas work but I doubt it being the same artist

and i forgot pic

It's a similar style but not the same person.
The FoW artist is 石商 (pixiv.net/member.php?id=728664). Considering Raita did Valkyria Chronicles under his own name, I doubt he'd bother taking a pseudonym to do illustrations for animu tiddy card games.

Vlad was one of the best rulers printed lol. If my LGS was playing NF still, I'd be playing Vlad control no question. I seriously doubt there will ever be a better control ruler.

Yup. As long as a card is legal in the format you're playing, you can use any printed version of the card. And since the duals just got reprinted, they're legal in cluster constructed and in new frontiers.

There's an official online client coming out in September following worlds. I'm not sure if it will cost money like MTGO, but we'll wait and see. Failing that, there's untap.in, which is a shitty online client.

It's really weeb with a lot of scantily clad lolis

Here's your reminder that in magic, Clash exists. It's rotated out, but it was in standard at one point. Thus, we can whine about it if dice continues being a thing after... 4 boosters or so? However long clash was printed.

Why is there two FoW threads up?