The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: Was AVR a mistake, Slave of Bolas gets literal, WotC didn't have time to give this block an actual ending, Commander 2016 speculation and none can defeat robo dogo

Previous thread:Writefagging last time:
Serena gets a love interest Preview of Part 3 of "Dreams & WIshes" If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1M1pAlA0eNsGWxGGkVPgznvMb226JQPl2spVau1evQlg/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/13EObiNObVMLbnJ7cTWIPJIFuQhIYDITRPXkvXu8qeao
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New thread means I can finally post my new Ussa story! Here's part two of her on Innistrad and probably the last of her stories I'll write until Kaladesh comes out.

Here we see Ussa contending with the wild dangers of Innistrad that remain even after Emrakul's banishment. Do enjoy!

docs.google.com/document/d/1M1pAlA0eNsGWxGGkVPgznvMb226JQPl2spVau1evQlg/edit?usp=sharing (LEWD)

No new picture to put up or anything so here's her Planeswalker card again. Card art was done by Murdock user.

REMINDER

Nice reminder. I think you forgot something. I remembered mine.

That pic seriously needs something for scale.

That's not the whole picture. Here's the full version.

I ought to note that her proportions in this art are more, ah, reserved than I was necessarily imagining in my twisted and titty-obsessed mind.

Post more drawings. We need more art.

Maelcore wouldn't mind more artwork of some cuties.

Sometimes I wish I could draw. Of course, my mental image of most of my flakes is pretty vague, so it would take me a while just to get that down.

Still too choppy to give a hood sense of scale

It's all I got, man. You'll have to use your imagination.

I've been drawing, but I've not been drawing flakes.

Not knocking you, RFA. Don't need much imagination to visualize a giant titty monster.

One benefit of not having solid artwork for characters is that the readers get to imagine them by themselves. And their imaginations come up with images that are close to what they like personally, you know? And I didn't think you were knocking me, it's all cool.

I don't care. Post it.

I get that, but I tend to pick art and base my characters off a look or concept.

I know what I could post, I could post her updated snowsheet.

>sleep all day
>sleep
i'm not sure that's entirely true based on what you've shown us so far, filth user.

If you insist.

Sleeping around.

Well she certainly is sleeping with a lot of different people.

It's nice to see that there are some fellow artists in the thread! All of this artwork is lovely, and I hope we all get to see more artwork of the 'Flakes.

I've been busier these last couple of days, so I haven't been online as much, but I am working on Chapter III still, and a few other illustrations, as well as updated 'Flake Sheets for Sir Joseph and Mephiri. I'm bloody exhausted. Wish me luck!

Here you go guys, hope you all actually like it.

Good luck!

What lore information does the Innistrad artbook contain?

Anything about the status of the Church post-Eldritch Moon?

>status of the Church post-Eldritch Moon?

Mostly dead. All of the good guy humans with names (Thalia, Odric, etc.) are alive, and Sigarda's alive, but a bunch of people died. Now that Avacyn's gone, they'll probably just worship Sigarda. Maybe Thalia will get to be a saint. But the old power structure is definitely finished, and most of them were demon worshipers anyway.

>they'll probably just worship Sigarda
Nothing outright stated about that?

We probably won't find out until Return to Innistrad 2: Spooktric Boogaloo.

>Male angel
And we have a conflict of lore.

user, it's an image.png post. Just ignore it.

The military branch of the Church became the Sinpurged. It's probably fallen apart into a shambling horde of Emrakul-worshiping cultists.

You've got priests that call upon Sigarda for her magic and you've got the Order of St. Traft, that practices a sort of benign possession by geists. These are the only sane remnants of the Church that are left.

How so, user?

> someone didn't read the bios at all

As well as this.

>using a plane shifted card to support a point.
It's been stated that all angels are female so either he's female or just wearing wings for show.

Literally except the post before your own.

Angels are all female in mtg. Period.

Malach is a card that is non-canon lorewise. Anything with that frame is just a "what if" card that's either not something the color is supposed to do or is wrong for lore reasons. They're all "what-if"

Gabriel has been explicitly stated to be before they had any real rules in lore and is thus the only exception.
Can you find a more modern example not from an extremely early set?

Stop taking Vronak bait.

Again. Read the profile for a change.

>He just decided to become an angel
He's wearing angel wings, he's not actually an angel then.

Plus since the mending happened he would of gone back to being human.
So he never was an angel, and never will be. He just tried to cosplay as one. That's all I'm saying on this matter.

Well, except he's FtM-transsexual for wantubg to be a pretty girl so much, so good on you for so progressive. That doesn't win you points here though

> modern example of male angel depicted in MtG

Premending Planeswalkers could become another race at will. And after the mending, what information is stated that they just get forcibly transformed back to their natural forms and didn't stayed in whatever form they were in during the Mending. And also, we still have a Planeswalker that becomes a Dragon, you know that right?

because magic isn't something that exists in magic: the gathering

I'm not sure. The way Thalia talked I believe it will stay the Church of Avacyn and they'll keep her symbol(people have been wearing herons for fucking forever anyway). Sigarda will just be their protector/head of the church. If for no other reason than it means they don't have to change the entire aesthetic of Innistrad and all the flavour.

*poke* Good morning, sunshine.

>Not a creautre
>Is literally "here's some temporary wings" and we're going to drown you in white mana and say close enough
Try again

They mimicked biology, but angels aren't biological things. More has to happen to turn you into an actual angel than just an aura, if it's even possible, hence why you stay whatever you were before in cases like Sarkhan turns from one biological thing into another. Temporarily. He can take the form of a dragon, but isn't an actual dragon.

Stop responding to the Despognak.

>Vronak is trying to top himself in creepiness

> is an Angel in addition to its other types
> becomes a legendary 4/4 red dragon creature with flying, indestructible, and haste.
You're arguing with literal cards in mtg. Innistrad has literally turned Humans into Angels. Not temporarily. Straight up turned them into Angels. You can argue all you want, but I'm not the first user to do this nor will I be the last. So, what's your actual problem with it? Just to argue with me? I don't mind discussing things with people if they need to be corrected, but I'm not going to prolong an arguement simply because you refuse to post actual facts backing up your claims all because you want to be antagonistic. You don't like me? Cool. You don't like my flakes? Cool. That's perfectly fine. But, if you are going to continue to argue something that isn't proven to be incorrect in the lore, then I'm not going to respond to it after this post.

> saying good morning is creepy
Do you go outside at all user?

Also, good morning to you too. How's your morning staring off? Did you sleep well? Any interesting dreams? Have any plans for today?

Please know what posts deserve a response and which ones you should just ignore.

>all these people taking the image.png bait
just stop responding, it's way easier just to ignore trolls

I usually quite like pet names but that made my skin crawl a bit.

You forgot "Until end of turn" on Sarkhan. There's a reason it's "Form of" instead of "Become a", and your examples are auras. Yurning someoen into an angel is a bit more intensive and permanent than auras
Last post, so enjoy your MtF flake that wishes he was a pretth girl like the other pretty girls

I'd also like to point out that on-screen keyboards are a pain.

Oh pish posh. Look, how about we clear all the bad blood between us and let me show you that I'm not such a bad guy. Would you mind doing a collaborative writefagging with me and see how it goes? Have you ever thought about getting Serena back to mono-white? And how the affects of her being red for quite some time would have an affect on her position and ideals of being mono-white again?

When your snowflake next planeswalks, they find themselves misdirected in the Blind Eternities and end up on Fiora instead, with this image being the first thing they see.

Unable to immediately planeswalk away due to lack of mana, what do they do there?

> Graveborn
*wonders what the minimal amount of pillars is required to actually hold up that province*

I could give an in-depth explanation, but the truth of the matter is the answer will never not be extraordinary amounts of spectacular violence.

I, the mighty DIOMEDES, find a worthy opponent and beat them all up!

>Ussa
>Why would you need pillars that tall? What's so bad about being down here?

>There are more red satyrs in Theros than Green ones.
You know, I find this fact really odd. So now I'm wondering, if we planar chaos'd Ussa into red, how would you write her differently? I assume she'd worry less about her instincts and keeping natural systems the way they are.
But on the other hand, would she still be the type that enjoyed being half-lost in the woods or sleeping all hours of the day? Or is that tied to green? Would she just prefer mountain climbing instead?
The color pie is weird.

>Gaia
Try to figure out what force has pulled her there and is keeping her there.

>Razorcock
Cause havoc.

>Belagir
"Oh...umm...well I guess this is how planeswalking works? Wow, I really wish I knew what I was doing. Time to go play music for food, I suppose."

>Spooder
Shrugs. She'll figure out what's holding her later. She finds a dark hole and starts making another brood for Fiora to contend with.

>Owlmom
She's curious why she can't planeswalk way, and begins searching for the sourceof her predicament.

There's plenty of cases of planeswalkers not being able to immediately planeswalk again after arrival.

Although it's usually "whenever the story demands it."

The color pie IS weird, and something that I wanted to get across with Ussa is an aspect of green specifically that isn't usually conveyed, which is that green basically just wants everything to stay the way it is. Don't mess with stuff.

We usually see green in a very aggressive light, in gameplay terms, summoning giant stompy creatures and blowing up artifacts, but green is primarily non-confrontational. It's not going to go out of its way to burn down your city. Red/green will, but green will sit in the woods until you start fucking with it. That's one of reasons I establish that Ussa likes to sleep for twelve hours a day. Ussa's aggression is basically limited to sex, which I think makes sense since she just sees it as satisfying another basic need.

A red Ussa is almost frightening to think about. Since green Ussa basically grew up from the age of nine being saturated with green mana, she's very strongly tied to that color and its concepts, so a red Ussa would have a similar experience with red mana. She'd have absolutely zero restraint, but she probably wouldn't quite have the same amount of Godlike sexual endurance, and not quite the same kind of sex drive that green Ussa has. Green Ussa enjoys sex as either a simulacrum of procreation or as a way to establish power, both of which are very important natural urges. Red Ussa would do whatever for whatever reason. She'd probably only sleep all day if she was crashing from something insane she'd done the night before. As for mountain climbing, I'm not sure. Maybe if she was a mountain goat.

>Thane
>What in the name of Emeria is up there? Who would want to live up there and not on the safe, stable ground. One good roil or earthquake and everything would topple over.
>The rich important people probably live there. Or ghosts.

Mono-green is also the color of hunters, so I wouldn't say that they're entirely non-confrontational. Just that hunting is usually done with some amount of respect for nature and within one system.

This is the kind of thing I wish was brought up more often, planeswalkers judging other worlds by their own planes standards. Thane lived his whole life on Zendikar, he assumes that the world can always retake the land and will do it often so huge structures like that make no sense to him. Serena naturally assumes when she goes to a new plane that the angels she meets will be both good and in charge of everything, she would also judge others by her own code and religion even though the same rules don't apply. IE: Cremation is a serious heresy on Innistrad because it really angers the geist of the body burned, that doesn't happen on other planes yet if Serena saw somebody doing it she would be completely outraged maybe even to the point of violence.

Right. As non-confrontational as they can be. They need to hunt to survive, but they won't hunt for sport.

>but green is primarily non-confrontational.
Hence why the not!Buddhist monks of Kamigawa were green, right? That’s the whole "It will work itself out" kind of zen stuff that gets along with greens mindset

I imagine she'd have just as much, if not more of a sex drive, because of that lack of restraint and how comparatively easy it is to work red up, and considering Ussa, that’s impressive by itself. She'd probably peak see: orgasm quicker though and still be up for another round or two or four.
Green Ussa still enjoys creampies a lot more though because of her not-quite-breeding fetish
The mountain thing was mostly a joke. She likes to wander forests, so the red equivalent would be mountain-climbingI'm not really funny

Not exactly. Garruk didn't need to hunt to survive, it's also about the thrill of the hunt and survival of the fittest. Hunting grand prey purely to show that you can, that you are the apex predator.

see Yao Shen as an example, if you'd allow me to point at one of my shitty creations.

Hang on, let me ask Mark Rosewater on twitter if a mono-red or mono-green character would have a higher sex drive.

Brainstorming about a mono-red Ussa is giving me some ideas for my actual mono-red flake I want to eventually make.
I've always had my issues with Garruk as a mono-green character, to tell the truth.

If Maro answered that question, you'd have to print it out and frame it.

As for Garruk, he didn't really hunt to prove his dominance. He sort of wrestled with the animals until he understood them on a summonable level, hunting only to eat.

That's why he started shit with Liliana: One of the animals he was hanging with attacked her, so she doom bladed it, and he took offense to that and chased her through a forest until she got sick of him and chain-veiled him

He put his hands on animals bodies until he fully knew their bodies?

I have so many questions I want to ask Maro.

Here is a short story of Sariel's arrival. I hope some of you enjoy it.

docs.google.com/document/d/13EObiNObVMLbnJ7cTWIPJIFuQhIYDITRPXkvXu8qeao

>Praea is already on Fiora
>Szeltharak is ready to fuck shit up

I guess Praea has a lot of visitors, then. How will she react to the flakes who replied?

Hondick is sure that the phyrexians are behind this so he goes to root them out.

Anna shrugs and goes to get some drinks before seeing I'd she can get some work.

Starke goes to the slums to recruit knights from the local population.

Jorge checks his notes on people needing to be taken care of and gets to work.

The Cathar looks for any spider broods.

>She finds a dark hole and starts making another brood for Fiora to contend with.
>The Cathar looks for any spider broods.

The Cathar vs Spooder 2: Fiora edition?

Hopefully not. The Cathar's victory was narrow as it was. He doesn't want to have to splatter spooler again.

>Spooder was resurrected and wants vengeance

Being the cathar is suffering

>Remes
Time to figure out where I am. Oh, hey, a lot of artifacts to investigate and blueprints to steal.

>Cala
You all know what's going to happen by this point.

>Jakrol
Goes and finds a bar.

>Winifred
Time to look up the local fashion.

>Wyston
Decides to just go take in the sights. When he realizes that the rich are much better off than the rest of the populace, he tries to figure out how bad the separation is.

Get a poker night together, obviously.

We had a flakeball, now we need flake poker night. Write it.

>Cala
So she'll just be peaceful and go for a drink.

That settles it then.

Next question:
Your flake is invited to a poker night in Fiora. How do they react and should they attend, how do they play and what is their poker face?

>Leon
Refuses to play. He doesn't approve of gambling.
>Maxwell
All in on every hand.
>Yao Shen
He's great at identifying bluffs, but is horrible at bluffing himself.

Cheeky.

Serena doesn't really understand the game. She's really good at telling when people are lying but has literally no poker face.

>inb4 strip poker

>Remes
Plays it safe, and his poker face is that his face is typically obscured. He is wary the whole time, and if anyone is there that looks especially like trouble, he ditches immediately.

>Cala
Cala's aware of exactly where every card is after the first few rounds. She's impossible to read because her expression doesn't change the whole time, but eventually she gets distracted and leaves in the middle of the game.

>Jakrol
He plays very aggressively, and he's pretty good at telling if you're bluffing. His problem is that he's going to be drinking, so eventually he'll go a little too far and get himself knocked out.

>Winifred
She'll play, for sure. At first she's hard to read because she over-expresses fake reactions, but it gets easy to figure her out after a bit. As the game goes longer, she has to try harder and harder not to cheat with jinxes.

>Wyston
Isn't there, because he doesn't like to gamble.

Newt would most likely cheat her ass off, maybe counter cheating Praea.

>strip edh
>people target Serena right out the gate

>strip edh
how does that work? Remove an article of clothing every time you take commander damage?

From what I've heard, yes, actually.

Divvy up your life between your articles of clothing. Each can be targeted like a planeswalker.

I have experience with this.