Warhammer 40k General

All This Talk About DW, But Not Death Wing Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=th3DPAX27sA
youtube.com/watch?v=WVaQyACdy1k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ud_JZcC0tHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any games this weekend?
Finishing any campaigns or projects?
What are you hoping for 8th edition?

>no one playing games
>everyone at the hobby table building stuff
>while the manager talks about restricting acces to gaming tables
AoS had taken off big over here but I honestly don't see the appeal, fantasy honestly seems more unbalanced then ever now the GW doesn't have to pretend to give a shit.

Faced Ork with my SoB with this.

Table him on turn 4, I felt rather bad.

What do y'all use for lisr building? I use epic roster but it's seriously lacking and doesn't have forge world units. I don't want to have to download anything if possible.

Odd it didn't work

couple games so far, nothing really eventful.

continuing the long grind that is working on my grey knights for armies on parade. currently probably an hour and half invested per terminator and still not entirely happy with it, but they are easily some of the best paintwork I've ever produced. also considering adding some deathwatch to the mix.

currently going to be displayed: 1 knight (magnetized, still not sure what variant to use for parade day), 1 techmarine, 3 terminator squads, 1 paladin squad, 1 dreadknight, draigo, 2 librarians, 2 malleus terminator inquisitors.

thinking I might convert up a magos dominus into an ordo xenos inquisitor who is a former magos biologis, and add a couple squads of the sweet new deathwatch sculpts.

are you participting in armies on parade? what are you planning to display?

>I felt rather bad.
if 'e's a true ork dan 'e won't kare if 'e win.

True ork player, laughing his ass of as my Priest solo his warboss on a duel.

Pen and paper. Sometimes a calculator

Played an Orkbro once and tabled him.
Next pickup game we had together, I reverse list-tailored to make it a fair fight.
SoB are designed to annihilate Orkz.

I didn't go because I'm too broke right now and I hate being at the store when I want to buy new stuff. My mind boggles at the options coming down the pipe for Deathwatch. I think it might be the perfect thing to scratch the itch I have to build two Knights and field them along side a small elite force with dedicated scalpel units.

AoS is honestly more fun atm. With two kids and work it is less work to play a game.

40k needs an overhaul bad. Too many one trick ponies and not enough balance.

Also, I'm using this list building to plot/build an army before I buy all the units so I know what to buy. Currently building a tyranid force and planning on a csm/daemon secondary army.

I notice that. My last few games haven been against, Necrons (Wraith spam), Eldar (D spam), Scion (Plasma Spam) and Imperial Guard (Plasma and heavy armour)

So I did not expect the orks to suck that much.

There's no law saying you can't play low-point games of 40k. They're more fun than fuckhueg epic battles anyway.

you poor soul.

My friends all work nights on the same days, so their sleeping schedules are FUCKED. Like, even on off days they're damn near impossible to contact from noon-10pm. Bored as FUCK and I want to play a match, but there's no one available.

I've got my DE stuff in front of me. Got some work done on pic related, and using some advice from /wipg/ I'll try to fix up the highlights.

Hoping for some buffs and nerfs to armies that need them accordingly.

Ok. And you fealt the need to post this why?
If you like AoS so much, go to AoS General

Some of my best ork moments have been when I sudo RP the battle and roll for my orks to do silly stuff.

>every turn roll on a 1 and a disagreement over who has the shiniest shootas brakes out between two mobs.

It might be more fun, but I just can't find it interesting. Nothing really sticks out and tells me that I need it.

And I'll say it again.

Sigmarines look stupid.

Agreed. Some of my favorite games have been >1000 points, too small for overhaul mega cheese. Just good casual fun.

I use battlescribe for first drafts and just fucking around with models I'll never buy, but checking for math and available kit by hand is always a good idea. So I guess a pen, a spiral notebook, and a PDF.

There's an upcoming 750 point doubles tourney near me, and theres no rules on army composition, so I can bring anything I want, the only thing is partners are random
what's the greasiest 750 point army you csn think of for either guard, SM, or dark eldar?

Good bitz for BAngles though.

Unbound SM:
Nothing but shotgun scouts.

>Guard
At 750 AT isn't going to be too much of a problem.

CAD with Tank Commander, two vet squads, and as many LRs as possible. No chimeras unless you can fit them in. Or Armored Battlegroup.

Just know I don't condone cheese/WAAC behavior.

I'm in it to have fun and build/paint more than win.

Friendly ball-gag bdsm bot daily reminder:
[Highlight the following stealth field to peer into the darkness!]

>i2 orks melee army

>Any games this weekend?
Tomorrow I am bringing 2000pts of Nurgle CSM/Daemons vs Imperial Guard.
Haven't played this large of an army but just finished my Heldrake and Soul Grinder.

Hoping for a good game.

Hey guys, stupid question here. I'm going to buy a Thousand Sons Contemptor off Forgeworld, and am curious is the FW cyclone launcher bit would fit into it well. I don't want to attach a random havoc launcher, so I want to use the cyclone launcher bit instead, just unsure if it will fit.

Here's hoping that you can endure the storm of pie-plates and come out victorious.
I play IG, but I like cheering for the underdog.

stop these memes are too crispy

>unzips buzzgob mek stompas and 75 s8 ap3 shots a turn in a 1500 point match
Heh, nothing personell kid...

Thanks, all I can really do is spread my units out and rush my Daemon Prince and hopefully my Plague Drones into his back lines. The Heldrake should be fun with its flamer if he doesnt have too much anti air.

This isnt just regular shitposting...

This is advanced shitposting....

SM?

Smashfucker.

Cataphractii Captain w/ Gorgon's Chain... 165 Points
Command Squad w/ Apothecary, 4 Grav-Guns... 165 points
Devestators w/ Grav Cannons... 210 Points
Devestator w/ Grav Cannons... 210 Points
Total; 750 Points

Either this or a Skyhammer. You'll beat easily anything but Daemons, hopefully your partner could cover them.

Kids today.

Please go away.

>The riptide is a cool model but using them makes me a fag
>The ghostkeel is a cool model but using them makes me a fag
>The stormsurge isn't that cool a model but there's a lot of conversion/posing potential but using them makes me a fag
life is pain

honestly thats what you get for having such bad taste you thought tau was cool enough to play

Lets be honest, if they were considered walkers, all complaints would drop to 0%

(You) here

So we played, Eldar SoB. He quit on T4 after I blew away 4 wraith guard because he walked them into the fire lane of an exorcist.

Fuck. The salt is flowing like a river. It's annoying, but somewhat satisfying.

Give the CS bikes for majority T5. Grav Devs don't have the range, it's not worth taking them without a way to get close like Skyhammer. Replace with more Command Squads.

100% true, all would be fixed with the whole Codex. The MCs should just be vehicles, though a 5+ invuln would still be good.

Does anyone have the link for the website that sells those female necron models?

>Playing Orks.
>Mfw my opponent pulls out blast markers.

Currently working on a paint scheme for some Dark Mechanicum. I'd like to do a scheme reminiscent of the Luna Wolves, but with a more Mars-ish bent, so I was thinking of white-black with red for the more important details.

I get what you mean, but 52 shots of Grav is pretty beastly. What specifically do you recommend?

>It scatters away from your squad.
>And onto your already wounded Warboss.

>warboss not in a squad
what the FUCK are you doing?
>not playing mech

Well, no shit, but it could scatter to ANOTHER squad.

Help me out here, I'm entering an escalation sort of league but you only get one HQ choice and no special characters are allowed. I'm taking my Blood Angels and decided to make a Captain, so what's the best most Smashfucker-lite build I can do on one?

So when is the new deathwatch set coming out? I wanna see the new Rhana dandra progress, I'm excited for setting movement.

I dunno. Smash is based on the fact that you can get a ridiculous amount of FnP from IH stuff.

Play your BA army as "Count-as" iron-warriors.

I can get some FnP from a Sanguinary Priest being in his unit, but yeah.

hands*

I just finished a 2000 point game With my Renegades and Daemon allies vs a Space wolves army. I won the game turn 5 when I tabled my opponent.

I looked into something similar, doing an opposite color scheme. I did black robes, Khorne red armor, and evil Sunz for the gun colors. I liked the look, but the big recommendation is to do black guns with the red rad-stuff. Looks very sinister, perfect for Dark Mech.

Working on painting some Chaos Chosen, going to experiment with edge highlighting on a test model.

Taufags get BTFO

That feeling is called victory. Savor it, user. Many SoB players would dream of the day they can say they beat an Eldar list. Even if it wasn't optimized, you can say you beat it.

Do Carnifex in a squad all have to take the same wargear options?

>Am a Tau player
>Not triggered by this image because I own and play with both Tau and Imperial models

It's a cool fucking picture, though.

>too much glorius melee for tau
youtube.com/watch?v=th3DPAX27sA

I got a Broadside today, preparing for a final game with friends before they leave to college elsewhere. A sort of "field your entire collection" game. We're all at about the same points so the game will be fine, I'm sad it'll be the last time seeing a few of those good friends.

>rad-red and black
Could work, although my other option was to go for a more "Thousand Sons" route, with gold, blue, and some other color as a supporting element.

Can someone help me out?

I'm fairly new to 40k, and have started Grey Knights as my second army. Any veteran players have a good 1500/1850 for them? Specifically I'd like a list for Daemon fighting, since that's what they're meant for.

Anything is appreciated, just looking for some help. Thanks.

hey 40gay guys, need halp!

I need your guy's collective wisdom: Has anyone left their models in a case, say the standard Citadel case, in a hot car? Like really hot-- Pheonix Arizona 120 degrees hot? Will the paint melt off? I'm scared, what do? I'm going to Pheonix and I NEED to leave my shit in the car

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks MC's should just use walker rules. maybe a biological or construct sub type to determine how they function and interact with other rules as well.

>grey knights
>good
>fighting deamons

I've got some bad news for you

user, tell them this. Before they come into town for longer than a couple days, tell them to bring their models. If you're as good of friends as my group, SOMEONE in the group will want to play a match. It'll make your/their fucking week and keep those bonds of friendship going.

I'm speaking from experience. My best friend since we were 4 went away to college 4 years ago. And in those 4 years I've seen him MAYBE a collective 5 days. He'd always blow us (our group) off because he'd randomly go out of town on his breaks without telling us or make plans with us, then ditch last minute to go hang out with his new friends. And he was just about my only friend growing up and I had to deal with that shit all the time. "Oh, Ms.Anonsmom, I know we made plans for user and anonfriend to play today, but we have to go to a party for anonfriend's friend(or go out of town on every single fucking 3 day weekend from school), maybe they can play another day."

I know I'm blogging a bit now, but user. Tell your friends not to be strangers when they go off to college.

Holy shit that suit is about to get fucking pancaked.

It does not matter what the height of 'most humans' is. Space Marines can be eight feet tall due to their various extensive enhancements. Hold a guardsman to your standard instead.

Sounds pretty cool, but I like the Luna Wolves idea. Try something like pic related for armor and robes, then silver highlights and the black/red guns. Whatever you like best, though.

Such glorious Tau removal.

I really, really, really want orks to be good. Specifically, Boyz. Return of 6th ed Mob Rule when?

Anybody know what's actually going to be in the Deathwatch codex yet? Other than Space Marines I mean.

Is it that bad? Well, is there a good list anyways? I know summoning spam is hard to counter, but I'm sure Grey Knights are good for something.

>Deathwatch stuff goes up for pre-order
>Models only available through the game set, not individually
damnit

Grey Knights player here. It's not a pretty time for us, user. Especially with the Deathwatch Codex coming around and touting about how it's a small elite army with tons of power and customization(aka, what we're supposed to do). It feels like a stab in the back because they're doing what we're supposed to do tactica wise, but better in every way.
GK's ended up jack of all trades, master of none with our 7th update, and it sucks. We're strong, but with almost no re-roll manipulation we get 1 shot to do what we need to.

Your general list should look like this:
Librarian
1-3 Terminator Squads
2 Dreadknights(Best unit in our codex)
Optional to fill out points: Interceptors, Purifiers, Draigo.

Stay the fuck away from: Purgators, Dreadnoughts, named special Chars aside from Draigo.

Basically.

the best list to run is the nemesis strike force (With a dreadknight)

>I know summoning spam is hard to counter, but I'm sure Grey Knights are good for something.

its not summoning spam you need to watch out for its nurgle invincibility and deamon princes. one of your biggest assets against deamons is being to instant kill them with force but nurgle can flat our deny that with eternal warrior making you worthless if you dont deny it.

I'm sorry user. I truly am, but that is not your best friend anymore.

Love the advice, but soon I'm leaving too. I'm a mormonfag leaving for 2 years for a mission without a chance to play, best I'll have is email/facebook to keep in touch. All I can really do is get games in now to make memories, then try to keep the friendship going for 2 years without seeing them. Nonetheless I hope to hang out with them and play a game of 8th edition with them when I come back.

You are allowed to play 40k while being a Mormon?

Deathwatch is the last gasp of a lame duck edition of the game. In a few months they'll be as good as squats. Sisters will get another update before GW gets around to updating Deathwatch.

At least Grey Knights are integral enough to the fluff that they'll get a rewrite when the new edition comes out. I just hope it's a 3rd-ed-style overhaul so we can throw the old codices away.

I've known that for a long time, for some reason I just can't accept it.

this>t feels like a stab in the back because they're doing what we're supposed to do tactica wise, but better in every way.
w-we dont know that yet

>Stay the fuck away from: Purgators, Dreadnoughts, named special Chars aside from Draigo.
mfw it still hurts

Started working on my Harakoni Warhawks. Using Scion arms with FW Cadian Hostile Environment suits with Anvil grenadier legs. Little bit more work than I bargained for I hope its worth it in the end

40K isn't that bad (I don't have any slaaneshi demon players in the FLGS), also I play probably the most noblebright/naive faction in the game, so it works out.

Mormons are allowed to be soldiers in real life, strangely enough.

Post songs when you and your squad start to Hammertime tau suits.

youtube.com/watch?v=WVaQyACdy1k

So I'm going nuclear on the local store's WAACfags and building a skyhammer army. Is there any point in taking multimeltas on one of the devastator squads? Or should I just go with grav on everything?

Do we have any rules for the new Deathwatch stuff? Because I remember Overkill being a huge let-down rules-wise for the Marines.

>not Hammertiming Tau suits around the clock
Xenos removal is an all-time event, battle-brother.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ud_JZcC0tHI

Iirc, there are several four star mormon generals.

I know that feel bro. Just don't let the anger that you were once close overtake you. It will manifest itself. Maybe back off a little bit & don't be so eager to hang out when he's around. He will either come around sooner or later and make time to see you and if he can't be bothered then it's no real loss to you.

How does Nurgle get Eternal Warrior?

And what exactly is the best 1500 list, I'm really hoping for something specific.

And could you highlight how GK fail to each type of Daemon, or how to beat them?

Tau?