Vampires

Okay Veeky Forums I have asked my gm if I can play a vampire in his next session, and, against his better judgement, he agreed. I was wondering if Veeky Forums had any good stories of playing vampires or could direct me to could inspirations there of. Im trying to avoid being instantly suspicious in the rest of the party, be a team player and basically not become or be seen as pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lT3BbmGf9Ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not like this

Just be Louis from Interview With a Vampire.
>fuck dis vampire sheeeit can't even get muh dick hard mane

I'd stay away from the whole angsty "I must do good to compensate for my evil nature" trope, it's played out.

Just have the character be helpful. Don't overuse his powers, but do use his powers for the benefit of the group.

Or exactly like that?

Have the character be so wrapped up in denial of his condition that he insists he's not a vampire even though it's completely obvious to everyone that he is.

>A pronounced overbite runs in my family.
>This is just a glass of tomato juice.
>I have a rare skin condition that makes me extremely susceptible to sunburns.
>It's not hypnosis, I'm just very persuasive.
>The guard fell asleep, probably some form of narcolepsy.

This could be played straight, or for laughs with the excuses getting more transparent and outlandish as the campaign goes on.

Alternatively...

Depending on the setting, and what the GM will let you get away with, your character could be an older vampire who heavily implies that wanting to be a "master vampire" and raise an army of the undead is just a phase every vampire goes through. Like the undead equivalent of edgy teen angst. By the time a proper vampire has a few centuries under his belt the whole "ruler of the night" thing just seems horribly cliche.

Or...

He could be a newly made vampire who's just really excited about suddenly being powerful and immortal, and doesn't really have any ambitions beyond enjoying his powers. Going on adventures with a band of heros is a way for him to have some fun adventures and stretch his new "muscles".

Like this.

/thread

Remember to only eat virgins as you wouldn't want any sandwiches that a peasant has already fucked.

Hello, Asshole.

BE GONE, BEAST

youtube.com/watch?v=lT3BbmGf9Ag

My vote goes to making your character unutterably hideous, have the party know up-front what you are, and basically be the permanent "bad cop."

Wear extremely heavy, full-body concealing clothing wherever you go. Invest heavily into social skills and make it your job to get NPCs to reconsider negotiations with the actual party face if they've gone south. Be a master interrogator (who also probably eats the bad guy afterwards).

In combat do whatever you want, being a vampire doesn't necessarily have a niche there.

Anyway, I'd avoid hiding the fact that you're a vampire from the party at all costs. All that does is make it more annoying to be around you, and meta-game-wise, they're going to find out pretty quick anyway. At least if they know they can plan adventures at night and shit without you having to make excuses for staying inside or whatever.

>going into a session with a character concept that you don't have developed

Dude.
Why.

Go watch What we do in Shadows and Interview with the Vampire. At least you'll have something to work with as a concept beyond Dracula.
Otherwise, what system, any in-setting rules for vamps, etc. The more information you can give us the better.

>how did you become a vamp
>how long have you been a vamp
>who were you before you became a vamp
>what happened to the vamp who turned you
>how you do acquire blood
>what vamp mythos is present in the setting. Native soil, sleep in tombs, garlic, crosses, stakes, whatever. what is in play

And those are just the questions you need to answer off the top of my head.

>a smug piece of elemental evil on two legs
No, no, no, I don't like that

Dio is a fantastic antagonist but would make the most annoying, awful PC in the world.

>fantastic antagonist

Na

Ja

Alternatively, go full affable evil.
Do the right thing, all hero-like and stuff, as you would for any pretty cool guy.
You got their back. You pull your own weight and more. You are the perfect image of the average Chaotic Good adventurer, doing what's right when needed. They like you, they think that being undead is only a minor problem, since you really ARE like any of them heroes.
... and then you drink a local orphan dry.

"-What ? I was thirsty..."

Pelor the Burning Hate.

I imagine someones got it saved.

No, nigguh.

Or be Pietyr and turn unsuspecting kitchenware salesmen into vampires and also your best friend.

Like this