Arms and Armor Edition

Arms and Armor Edition
Everyone hates Slaanesh, even Slaanesh hates Slaanesh Sub-Edition
Saturday night treating you boys alright? Iron Warriors really are Slavs, we saw one user's flyers and discussed marine sizes, one user triggered rage through mixing mks, Anons talked about what they've done recently, and apparently selling your body for money isn't as stupid as the IW star plus much more in ye olden thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zCl1gwX_CVA
youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E
youtube.com/watch?v=rdSXXwkuaT0
forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Thousand-Sons-Mk-II-Shoulder-Pads
forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Thousand-Sons-Mk-III-Shoulder-Pads
forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Thousand-Sons-Achean-Pattern-Shoulder-Pads
youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI
odinsvolk.ca/GermanicPeoples.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
youtube.com/watch?v=ExLRIuyEdI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Abaddon is not allowed.

Good night boys, take this. youtube.com/watch?v=zCl1gwX_CVA
Find a HH scenario fitting with that vidya game music for a laugh and a giggle, or make a 30k movie title worthy of SyFy.
>Iron Warrior Massacre Under the Ocean
Probably could work.
Come, user, he looks pretty stressed. The rumor about his arms aside, he does have armor on so he can gain entry. One LW/SoH tidbit of lore I find strange is how Justaerins would engrave runes of fortune on their teeth.

>One LW/SoH tidbit of lore I find strange is how Justaerins would engrave runes of fortune on their teeth.
Everyone finds it strange, user, but that isn't new by any means.

I wonder, at which point did Abaddon switch from Cataphractii to Indomitus? Or will his 40k model get retconned and GW gives his potential plastic miniature a Cataphractii suit.

Hi - Hi! We're your Battle-brothers - Ah-huh -
And have we got news for you - You better listen!
Get ready, all you neophytes
And leave those camo-cloaks at home. - Alright! -

Zeal is rising - patience's getting low
According to all sources, forward's the place to go
Cause tonight for the second time
Just about half-past ten
For the second time in history
It's gonna start crusading men.

It's Crusading Men! Hallelujah! - It's Crusading Men! Amen!
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely fucking mad!
It's Crusading Men! Hallelujah!
It's Crusading Men! Every Specimen!
Tall, blonde, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean

God bless Man-Emperor, he's a crusading man too
He took off to heaven and did what he had to do
He taught every angel to kill and maim
So that each and every man could kill the xeno and traitor!
It's Crusading Men! Hallelujah! - It's Crusading Men! Amen!
It's Crusading Men! Hallelujah!
It's Crusading Men! Ame-nnnn!

I feel stormy weather / War about to begin
Hear the thunder / Don't you lose your head
Rip off their heads and send them to hell!

youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

I know they came from a feral world and all, but would that be something against the Imperial Truth? Runes and all?
I think the thing is that he was always drawn in Indomitus before he received 30k art, but maybe he wanted some extra relative speed one can get outside of Tartaros. I'm surprised he could get out of his cataphractii. Being so close to someone so corrupted by the Warp(Horus) and what the Vengeful Spirit became should have really messed Ol'Abby up a little.

Before I got to sleep let it be known that all modern Cataphractii is not as great as old Cataphractii.

Or, alternatively, why didn't FW make and draw him in Indomitus?

>I know they came from a feral world and all, but would that be something against the Imperial Truth? Runes and all?
Not if their scripture system was runic to begin with. As for them being lucky charms and such, that isn't really illegal.

anybody getting a game in tomorrow? wanna post pics of your army/list? I'm bored and get off on seeing other dudes armies

user, that's /d/ tier stuff right there.

I haven't painted anything in over three months because loldesert hasn't gone down to less than 90F.

I don't know, user.
>Not if their scripture system was runic to begin with.
I actually want to more about Cthonia and specifically the language.

what will you be painting as soon as it cools down?

Of course user, once I am finished with the IG Start Collecting! box, I'll save up and start up my IW. By then my friend will have possibly started his RG, or whatever legion he might change to should he change his mind, and start hunting him down.

oh......IW......

but don't you want to play a man's legion and do Iron Hands instead? 100% more bitter and 100% less hazard stripes you have to paint.

нeт! Я бyдy гopькo!
And I'll hunt down the remains of these shattered legions, be it through the Ironfire, human-wave tactics, or even a recon company tracking down the survivors or giving the coordinates to their last bastion!

sprich Deutsch oder schleich dich, du Kommunist! Iron Hands have the coolest 30k color scheme and that's pretty fucking objective. greasy metallic robot dudes? Jawohl!

Дa!

Honestly though, I do think the Iron Hands have one of the coolest color schemes, and I do like their stuff, but the Iron Warriors are for me.

Also I'm pissed that my high school canceled both German and Latin a couple years before I was a freshman. To this day I am bitter about not getting to learn German in school. Rant over.

I'm actually getting a game in on Monday, I'm pretty excited.

Only caveat is that it's a shitty multi-player game, with each team bringing 500 points. How the fuck am I supposed to do anything with my world eaters for that low of a cost? Fuck.

Also started painting this dude.

I dunno about the points costs or who your teammate will be, but maybe as many Inductii as possible?

>medicae character
>either two big despoilers or two tacs+cortus dread

I'm from the SF Bay Area so my high school only had French, Spanish, and Japanese. I ended up doing both Latin and German at my university and got a job as an English TA in Austria for a few years.

Still would have rather gotten a STEM degree. Now I'm doing construction work and don't want to be a teacher anymore. oops.

>French, Spanish, and Japanese
user, my little sister would kill to take Japanese in high school.

All they thought at mine was Spanish and French.

I've wanted to take a Japanese class but the stigma of "white dudes obsessed with anime" is too strong and I don't want to be associated with that crowd.

This is golden.

>Find a HH scenario fitting with that vidya game music for a laugh and a giggle
This is my headcannon for Fulgrim's voice. Is he voiced already in an audio drama? I loved Kharn's and Angron's voices in Butcher's Nails
youtube.com/watch?v=rdSXXwkuaT0

Ferrus, I can show you where Horus hides
on the dark sands
of Istvaan V
Yeah I'm dancing with your soul in my sights
It's a showdown
on the Drop Site
Horus' date drugs got me out of my mind
like my new sword
from the Laeran
And our minis got us frozen in time
like a portrait
in the dying light

I’m dreaming like no Primarch ever could
There’s my name! Up in lights!
Your weapon skill won't suffice baby!

I’m sorry I'm a better smith than you
Raise the stakes! Pick a fight!
You'll need that IWND, baby!

You got a lot of nerve brother
for this Dark Age we are now living in
You’ve got a lot to learn, Primarch
Do you really think you'll defeat me?

on the dark sands
of Istvaan V
It's a showdown
on the Drop Site
like my new sword
from the Laeran
like a portrait
in the dying light

Chemosian personality
Phoenician fabulosity
With treason, bloodshed, and intrigue!
Give the astartes what they need!
A star! For humanity!
My face! on a million screens!
Now turn your heel but don’t you flee
And indulge in heresy

Get a load of my sword skills
Strut my stuff, you know I’m glammorin’
You're gonna have to hold your head
Do you really think that I won’t win?!?

on the dark sands
of Istvaan V
It's a showdown
on the Drop Site
like my new sword
from the Laeran
like a portrait
in the dying light

Like a portrait
in the dying light

Forgeworld has MkII and MkIII shoulder pads available though user (as well as the standard MkIV), so I don't see an issue.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Thousand-Sons-Mk-II-Shoulder-Pads

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Thousand-Sons-Mk-III-Shoulder-Pads

They also have Achean pattern MkIV, which is apparently more fancy and more commonly used by veterans.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Thousand-Sons-Achean-Pattern-Shoulder-Pads

How should I equip dreads?

Dual or Single Heavy Bolters looks cool, but I know it's a waste to put on a Dread, unfortunately.
Dual Melta Chainfists sounds cool. Dual Flamer Claws sounds cool.
Volkite looks cool.
The Kheres looks cool, but I don't think I want it.
The Multimeltas are meh.
The Grav cannon looks cool, but I'm too tired to comprehend it's rules right now.
The Plasma cannon looks cool, but Gets Hot! turns me off from it.
The Autocannons looks cool.
The Lascannon looks cool.
The Havoc Launcher looks cool.

*slaaneshi cheers intensify*

When I wake up, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who kills alongside you
When I go out, yeah, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who hunts down and finishes you
If I'm rending, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who rends Ultras with you
And if I'm in battle, hey, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's battling with you

But I would march five hundred miles
And I would warp three parsecs more
Just to see the look on your face
as I stab Erebus and get covered in his blood, guts and gore

When I'm killing, yes, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's decapitating with you
And when the favours comes in for the work I do
I'll share every blood-born gift with you
When I invade home (When I invade home), oh, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home with you
And if I grow old, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm still gonna be the man who's hunting with you

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD (SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE), BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD (SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE)
BLOODFORTHESKULLSFORTHEBLOODFORTHEBLOO-OODGOD
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD (SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE), BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD (SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE)

When I'm crushing, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's crushing legs with you
And when I'm maiming, well, I know I'm gonna maim
I'm gonna maim the flesh from bones alongside you
When I'm burning (When I'm burning), well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who burns with you
And when I invade home (When I invade home), yes, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home for you
I'm gonna be the man who's burning home for you

And I would march five hundred miles
And I would warp three parsec more

I'm tired so I'm just going to say anything that's either AP2 or 3, looks nice, and will earn it's points back.

This post probably wasn't helpful.

What does S:X mean? Like with a Sniper Rifle?

Strength or To-Wound is determined by special rule.
In the case of Sniper weapons, they always wound on a 4+ (unless noted otherwise, or if the base strength is high enough to wound easier).

I wish there was a MkII Legion Recon Squad.

Then why is it bearing that heretical 8 pointed star instead of 6

Cthonia was a hive world, not a feral world.

Wasn't Cthonia a mined out hellhole with warring tribal gangs?

This is a story all about how my kingdom got flipped turned turned upside down.

I'd like to take a minute

Just sit right there

I'll tell you then how I became the Immortal God Emperor of Man

Technically Cthonia was a feral world (gangers fighting for control of what little resources were available), just carried out in the long-desiccated corpse of a Hive World (and perhaps some vestiges of that past status carried on into 30k Cthonian society).

what would you guys say is the minimum points level of 30k where it can still be fun

2000, allows you to use rites and legion special units without seriously limiting yourself to the basics.

'sup HHG

can someone give me a good basecolour for robes for my traitor mechanicum?

They are heretek makina smiths who have been given sanction to work by Alpha legion.

If you have a good source for pictures i would also be gratefull. Honestly i was just thinking about red,or possibly grey.

Thanks

I believe they wore black robes in the Mechanicum book.

Really dark purple might look good if you want a bit of color in there.

Why couldn't they have just made Cthonia a Celto-Germanic Iron Age world where 'chieftain' would've sounded cooler and so the Luna Wolves could just be what the Space Wolves sadly never were - non furry Germanics?

And that's going to last 6 turns and like 3 hours?

>Umaru Skara :D

back to yli int paska loser

Maybe, maybe not but that wasn't the question was it?

In your experiences how long does 2000 points take

>not making differences between Scandinavians and Germanics
>t. Pleb

Depends on a lot of variables. But if both players know the rules, and have a decent grasp of what all the opponents army does (so that one or both doesn't have to stop to explain why a lightning gun re rolls to wound and so forth) then i'd say four hours is reasonable.

>Scandinavians
>culturally different to continental Germanics in the ancient, classical world (BC)

lad..

What song is this

There were plenty of Slavic influences coming to Scandinavia from the east as well.

>Slavic influences
>Slavs in Europe Before Christ

youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI

You know what I mean. Modern day Russia, etc. However you classify people from that region. People came to Scandinavia both from Europe and the east.

No, Sarmatians and Scythians did not magic their way into Scandinavia. 'Culture' isn't some amorphous magic entity that manifests.

Scandinavia was inhabited by Germanic peoples. Finland, by Sami types. There was no discernible difference between Germanics living in Sweden, Denmark and Norway and Germanics living in North Europe.

You made a dumb post, don't make anymore to cover your ass.

Read up on Finno-Ugric people and tell me how they didn't migrate from the east to Europe and Scandinavia thousands and thousands of years ago.

>Scandinavians
>culturally different to continental Germanics in the ancient, classical world (BC)

You made another one family.

Cite your sources if you're so sure about it. Simple "but that's where people came from" doesn't really cut it. A lot of people moved from Europe to America and it didn't take long for them to become very different from continental Europe.

>makes the assertion there is a big difference culturally between Germanics in Scandinavia and Germany in the Ancient World Before Christ cuz Space Wolves (Space Wolves being based on Dark Age vikings)
>the existence of Samis who were driven out and destroyed anyway by Germanics = difference between ancient germanics
>doesn't really think that, is confusing later Dark Age developments ala early Christianization and feudalism after the fall of Rome which made Scandinavian Germanic people and continental Germanic people truly distinct
>keeps dumbposting for autism's sake

The burden for your initial claim is on you friend.

Would it be ok to model more daemonic Word Bearer units in god specific styles, instead of just generic possessed marine stuff? Like could I use some Plague Marine style stuff to make a unit with Dark Channeling or Dark Brethren in a Tzeentchian style with maws, tentacles and flames?

Most likely a stupid question
But do you guys think anyone would care if I just used 40k space marine armor?
I don't want to dish out $30 - $50 just so I can have some different aesthetics when really it's all the same.
Unless it is not the same and there's actually a benefit from buying the 30k models.

>Finno-Ugric people moved to Europe and Scandinavia thousands of years ago
>did not have any impact on those regions, did not bring their own ways and cultures into the mix
>people moving hundreds if not thousands of miles from central Europe to a totally different region of the world with totally different environment didn't change one bit of their ways over the hundreds and thousands of years (BC is a pretty long stretch of time there, user)
>all changes to the culture happened around a thousand years ago

You're right, Scandinavians were pure Germanic and kept being so until Christianity fucked them over.

get out

Evidence for this massive gap in culture between continental/Scandinavian Germanics Before Christ?

If not, this is your last (You).

Well, it's not the same. MkVII wasn't invented until the very end of the Heresy when Terra was being overrun and regular SM kits are very much MkVII heavy. There's a few MkVI and IV suits in there and you could probably convert some MkVs, but vast majority will be very different from what was used during the Heresy. Unless you specifically want to make a Siege of Terra era army.

It wouldn't fit well, user, unless it's at the Siege of Terra.
>there's actually a benefit from buying the 30k models.
It would fit better. Picture is unrelated.

A Space Marine is a Space Marine is a Space Marine.

But you're still in the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker.

Evidence of this cultural unification between continental/Scandinavian Germanics Before Christ?

If not, this is your last (You).

Long time ago, before the iceage, people lived in
perfect harmony with the nature in a system that didn't
give possibility for overpopulation
As the aksel of the planet (plan-et) was in its right
position, straight, all the planet was under stable
tropical elimat. So was also Odenmaa at the northpole
There lived the Asers who held the highest knowledge
on earth with the ROT (root) -language. Outside
Odenmaa lived the vaers in their ringlands.
Everybody paid respect to Per who due to the
breeding-system was the allfather of all mankind
(everyone is a PER-SON)
Over 50 milj. 10000 years ago the aksel of the planet
shifted and caused the iceage when the ringlands
outside were covered by ice, a perioid called
ALT-LAND-IS
ALL LAND'S ICE
As the Gulfstream came to heat south-Finland,
Odenmaa remained clear of ice and the Asers learned
a new way of life
Agriculture and new animal species were created for
staying alive for 50 milj. years surrounded by huge
icebergs
As the ice startd to mel and drown Odenmaa the
very few of them left took pairs of the animals with
them and sailed through a passage way melted by the
stream to Bockland an island outside of Sweden,
later named Goatland (Gotland).
After staying there for a thousand years the Asers
headed back to Odenmaa except SVEN and DAN who went to
Sweden and Denmark to rehabite the ringlands.
During ALTLANDIS the Vaners develloped into ten
different races, mythologies and languages outside
the icebergs
The asers lived in Odenmaa again till the year 1050
when the crusader army sent by the Pope
destructed Odenmaa and created a new information
system based on the written word not spoken as it
used to be.
This is a tine part of a story that takes 20 years to tell
two hours a day brought to us as familytradition by
the last Aser since 1984, according to the saga
10 000 years after the end of the iceage.

Autism confirmed, lad.

Oh yeah?? Well Hitler would have played loyalists, so there.

>did not bring their own ways and cultures into the mix
into what mix? do you think the germanics there adopted mongol culture? are you retarded?
odinsvolk.ca/GermanicPeoples.htm

Ok fine, so what would be a cost-effective way to convert some regular marines?
It's 50 bucks to get an upgrade kit off of forgworld, or I could probably just look at ebay.

Just buy the Calth box and you got your 30k Marines.

Anyone got some good 30k Iron Hands? I really like the 40k look and want to see what they'd look like in the older gear. Plus I'm considering painting up BaC as them

what did they look like before they lost their heads?

There's tons of online guides you googleless kidkicker.

Step 1: file shit down
Step 2: add studs and wires

gj you now have MKV armour

Or just get fucking Calth for like 50$ for 30 marines.

>Plus I'm considering painting up BaC as them
>MkIV Iron Hands

get out

>germanic
>culture

Time to get a culture, shitlord.

No WBs worship chaos as a pantheon and look down on cult legions.

I really don't know 30k all that well, what's the issue with that?

Aight, thanks
Seems like Calth is overall the best way to do it.

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
youtube.com/watch?v=ExLRIuyEdI4

But the daemons that possess them and the gifts they receive must come from one of the 4 gods.

Are they just going to ask the gods to possess and gift them blind, so that nobody knows what god did what?

You had one job user, why didnt you title the thread HHG? I had to spend time trying to find this in the catalogue, i hope you feel bad.

Some tool is going to be along later going all "muh MKIII waifu can do no wrong" all over you, but honestly, just go with what you got. All legions had access to MkIV, just some legions didn't have much of it, and some legions preferred MKIII or MKII. The correct answer is, it's your dudes, do what you think looks cool and good and is affordable for you.

I think MKIV Iron Hands would look kinda rad, personally.

The armour mark you get in the calth box wasn't popular with the iron hands, it wouldn't be fluffy.

armor autism is the worst

I'm not a word bearers so I wouldn't know but it is canon that they look down on anyone not worshipping the pantheon. In one of the books an apostle tells on of his soldiers off for drinking some wine as he didn't need the sustenance and it could lead to slaaneshi corruption.

I knew I was forgetting something last night, please forgive me.

>An entire legion without a suit of MkIV armour.
No user, you are the unfluffy.

Source?

Not being popular doesn't mean it wasn't used. Also, just had a quick glance at HH2's IH section and came across pic related. There was another image of a pair of MkIVs, standing next to an IH dread and terminator, but I'm not sure they were IH. Looked more like EC with their decorative armour and swords. I'm sure if you dig through the books, we can find more, but I have some dignity left in me.

Did I say they they didn't have any suits you illiterate idiot? Go back on holiday you shitty trip fag.

No direct source but Iron Hands weren't on of the popular legions nor were they traitor so wouldn't have been first in line to get MKIV. Also I didn't say it wasn't used I said it wasn't popular, there are also plenty of pictures of Iron Hands not using MKIV. Also their Legion upgrade set, unique unit and Tactical Squad all have MKIII so you can't probably spot a pattern.

>I didn't say they don't have any Mk IV suits
>I don't have a source
So how about you don't jump done someone's throat for wanting to do Mk IV iron hands?

Please show me exactly where I jumped down that guys throat. Because all I did was this post, the others were different people.