/5eg/ D&D 5e General

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Old Thread
>July 2016 Unearthed Arcana
dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/quick-characters

>August 2016 Unearthed Arcana
dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/faithful/

Remember to wake up when 5e has kitsune character options! How would you stat up kitsune for 5e? Maybe a fox race with three subraces for reynards, kitsune, and kumiho?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aFyl1R2ppUX3BCTDUxUlhpX1k/view
mega.nz/#!xIcw0JrS!e_WL2JWFEU7HN0DwK69F9J9MLoe7qv69qez0lDGPWUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Charisma and Wisdom bonuses, charm spell on a short rest, ability to change between humanoid and fox form as a sort of at will wildshape with the same HP.

Yeah I should have read into her character a little more. Maybe I will just leave it an option to have her survive but if she is as bad ass of a warrior her backstory makes it out to be then maybe I will see if she can save herself somehow.

No, I'd make them NPC monsters with the Fey subtype.
Kitsune's that are PCs races are shit-tier rules and bitch-tier GMing and fails on every conceivable level to really tap into the numerous ways you could tell stories with folkloric yokai kitsune.

Basically the sign of a hugely lazy or unimaginative GM, which is more sad then anything in the rules themselves because the players unfortunately have to live with the consequences of it even if you remove said special PC race.

If you really want rape bait just play some stupid half-kobold homebrew like it's 2001 all over again.

Well what way WOULD they work then wiseass?

Kobolds are the worst race hands-down.

Fuck you nerd.
Fox girls are cute.

ackshually let me link you mye fahvorite furaffinity artisht to prove you wrong
he was almosht an artist on d20 modern dontcha kno
if there are worse races, its a short list of them

Not like a goddamn PC race.
"Person with stat changes and funny ears and a tail" is kind of symptomatic of the exact thing people who want to play a race like that get whiny about; total lack of imagination in species options.

Yōkai kitsune should display all the weird complexities of the different cultural myths; you could just call the species "Spirit/Fairy Fox" or something like it and then draw correlations and similarities between ALL the different Asian fox myths, such as huli Jing, kumiho and kyūbi no kitsune.
Work the angle on how fox spirits are kind of morally ambiguous depending on which kind you encounter, except that the average person doesn't know which kind they're looking at most of the time; some are just tricksters that play mean-spirited or harmless jokes, others are cruel and will eat your heart or liver.
They have shapeshifting powers, and can create tricky illusionsthat create fairly realistic scenarios, and the evil ones can become immaterial and possess people.

They should basically be akin to dryads or nymphs or whatever; fairly powerful monsters who could be harmful or helpful but aren't necessarily used for combat scenarios.
Shit GM's who can actually do their job correctly couldn't genuinely use, you know?

She's actually pretty shit. She's a Scout so she's a CR 1/2 which is good early but crap later. What everyone does is split the prisoners off once they stop being useful. If the party got really attached then you could give her (or any martial NPC) levels in line with the party and help out if they were in a bind but really it's better to just split them up once they cap their usefulness.

Sure, I know,
Also, bathrooms have doors you can shut.
That way you can jack off in private like most of us learned to already, and the entire problem is solved, right.

Glad to help guide you onto your path to adulthood by the way.
After this part it's smooth sailing, trust me.

daily rant about pathfinder faggs making 5e threads

It's why I am trying to figure out if I should leave her as an option to be saved or have herself saved just so she can offer the PC's RP connections to Gaunterglym.

I'm a pure soul.
I want a happy cheerful foxgirl as a PC who helps everyone.
Why are you so upset?

Meh, it just means they don't have anything to talk about in their own threads to take up their time, which means either they've run out of stuff to talk about or don't have friends to play with.

Either way it's kind of a low-key admission of defeat, you know? It doesn't bother me.
Besides, I actually think creating a Spirit Fox monster would be a pretty cool encounter and useful for lots of different types of stories given the flexibility of the mythological roots behind it.

I'm not upset, guiding folks on the path to functional adulthood is a noble and happy thing to do. I think it's something everyone should do if they get the chance or if they see someone in need of such aid.

It only seems polite to me and doesn't take much effort in the end, I don't see why everyone doesn't do it.

Let's go for core monsters/races who should just fuck off:
>kobolds
>gnolls
>goblins
>harpies

I haven't used these in years.

>oh man I can't wait to read all these cool and fun ideas that I can steal for my campaign
>bitching about kitsunes
>MUH FURRIES
>bait
alright I guess

Make their real forms monsterous fox/coyote like creatures with clear signs of the fey nature (i.e. little spirit fires floating about them or on the tips of their tails, maybe even a monsterous looking mask in place of a face because you don't want to see what their face acutally looks like). They have the ability to alter self as a racial skill but it still has tells so it's not perfect like keeping a mask on their person at all times or have weird eyes and slightly longer noses.

She doesn't have to be alive for Bruenor to take a liking to the party, it's just a bonus reward for keeping her alive. Since they're trying to do that, let them try. That's all the discussion is about.

Fair enough, will do.

Meh, I could find uses for all of them in an adventure. Well, maybe not the SAME adventure, but an adventure with them in them.
Trickiest ones is kobolds vs goblins, but I tend to run kobolds as more underground-focused then goblins these days, and I like the new fluff at how kobolds can actually live a REALLY long time if they manage to not die.

I've already had fun with that last bit.

The Reddit has made something passable for a race. Found it in like 2 minutes of google:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aFyl1R2ppUX3BCTDUxUlhpX1k/view

Now let's discuss something more interesting, like using the MTG color wheel as a replacement for alignments.

the only one of those fine for me is goblins, but on the other hand, i have literally never heard of someone wanting to be a harpy

I am not a functioning adult if I like cute things?
Why do you hate life?

fuck it lets give it a try
2 dex, 1 cha = 3pts.
Size Medium/Small
Prof in Acrobatics = 0.5tps
Kitsune Magic: Friends at lvl 1, Suggestion once per long rest at lvl 5 = 1pt.
Shapeshifting - Twice per long rest change between fox and humanoid form, 1 action. Use physical stats for fox from the MM, mental stats remain the same. = 1 pt.
Darkvision 60 ft. = 0.5 pts
6pts total. Done

It'd be kinda interesting, yeah.
I don't think we really need to do WotC's job for them though, they've already determined that D&D's use is largely for purposes of advertising and related merchandise anyway.

Maybe scrape the colors off and come up with different terminology.

I run 3.5, and some days I wonder why no 3.5 general.

Then I see the furfags and the fetishists posting "how do you kitsune into everything" "take companion to the lonely while giving her the knot" and I figure it's just as well there's no 3.5 general because god only knows how much worse furshit there is in the infinite amount of shitty third party OGL material for 3.5.

Oh no, that's fine, go right ahead! There's those brony guys after all, it's clearly a subculture of sorts.
It's your inability to control your sexual desires and keep them in private and how you re-channel them into your D&D games and characters in a public place using "cuteness" as an excuse that's the problem.
But hey, it's not a difficult one to overcome.
Like said, bathroom, close the door. Really simple.

Create Filth
Level 1 Transmutation
Range: 30 Feet
VSM (stool)
Duration: Instantaneous

You create up to 50 pounds of thick, mud-like fecal matter within range. This matter smells and tastes universally wretched to all who smell it, and any diseases or germs that fester within it reproduce and grow stronger exponentially.

Thoughts?

>sexual desire
>liking cuteness
Are you a hedonist? A degenerate? An autist? Or some combination of those three?
Because only a man with one of more of those qualities of person would try to pretend there's any necessary connection between an aesthetic preference and a desire to put someone's dick in something.

Personally, in order to have conservation of detail, I'd just have "kitsune" simply be fox hengeyokai, and the magical powers that are often ascribed to them simply the result of humans meeting fox hengeyokai who happened to be spellcasters.

For many and varied reasons, that's a terrible idea, starting with the fact that it doesn't actually "fix" the problems with D&D alignment, which is the ceaseless debates over whether a given action is "good" or "evil".

For example, if my character is uncreative, must he necessarily have a White component? A short-sighted character could be Red, or could just be fuckin' dumb. And of course you have the issue that Magic's color wheel makes compromises for game mechanics that don't make sense insofar as the states color philosophies/concerns work: sharks, jellyfish, crabs, and indeed all animals by all rights should be Green philosophically, but for game balance purposes they're Blue, even though they have little to do with Blue except the relation to Islands. But a shark can hardly be said to be a good example of intellect, logic, omniscience, technology, or inaction.

1. Define "exponentially".
2. What are the mechanical effects of the smell or taste?

"Cuteness" is just a fancy way for weebs and creeps to say they like childish behavior and appearances. It's like an internet pedo-cloak.

eh seems pretty useless since its something you can already do. Its basically "I shit on someone/thing but now with a spell!"

Neither, but what are the qualities that attract you to cuteness. Use as clear terms as possible, if you can.
Don't worry man, we'll get there together.
Be nice to him.
We know folks like this aren't going to go away so the best method used here is to salvage them. Think of it like rehabilitation.

So you think I want to stick my dick in my infant son because I think he's cute? What kind of sicko are you?
Can I call the FBI on you?

>using the MTG color wheel as a replacement for alignments.
If WotC started using D&D to blatantly shill their swindle cardboards I'd be somewhat perturbed.

Don't you respond to his bait either.
This is about helping YOU, after all.

Your son is kawaii

What are the qualities that attract you to some art you like?
Does your dick get hard?
Because cute things don't make my dick hard.

Hmm, I was thinking that any injuries that came into contact with it would fester almost immediately.
The mechanical effects of the smell/taste might be temporary paralysis based on a failed CON check.
This was just the starting point, so thanks for asking and helping develop it.
I think making something magic is a good way to improve it, and you can't just shit on command.

>captcha is 'e. coletta'

>Kitsune Magic: Friends at lvl 1

Uh, you don't get to bring Friends.

Where's the liver-eating? I want my kitsunes to eat livers.

>What are the qualities that attract you to some art you like?
You're deflecting.
This is okay; it means we're getting somewhere. So, what are they?
>Does your dick get hard?
No. But that brings us to something else.
Why are you feeling defensive?
Can you explain why to me? If not, that's okay, we can get back to that later.
>Because cute things don't make my dick hard.
Okay, but that is still deflecting rather then answering the first questions I asked. We're getting somewhere though.

cooking and eating foie gras is not racial trait. Unless french is a race

GOD TIER
Pan-seared foie gras, foie gras sushi

HIGH TIER
Foie gras creme brulee

MID TIER
Foie gras ice cream, terrine de foie gras

LOW TIER
Pate de foie gras

SHIT TIER
TRUFFLES, FOIE GRAS, WRAP IT IN CAUL FAT

You're implying I'm a creeper for liking cute things.
I'm inclined to believe you're a projecting degenerate who's insecure in his own aesthetic sense and has an obsession with his own penis and sexuality.
Do you have God in your life user?

sugoi

Eating *human* liver was a kitsune racial trait right up until the furfags started with their Twilight-level waifu makeover of what used to be a predatory monster.

>kitsune
*kumiho

Since this thread started with full on degeneracy, here's a question, can a Simulacrum age or have kids?

Isn't that the Korean one? I'm just trying to see if I remember it right.

Were the same thing until, again, furfags.

>You're implying I'm a creeper for liking cute things.
No, you just said that now. Actually, it's you who keeps bringing up the sexual stuff. Every single post you've made now, actually.
If it's not that then you must now tell me what exactly it is and what it stems from. It's not that hard, just explain what you like about it.
>I'm inclined to believe you're a projecting degenerate who's insecure in his own aesthetic sense and has an obsession with his own penis and sexuality.
Again, you're getting defensive.
Do you know why? I'm just trying to understand.
>Do you have God in your life user?
No, but that gets me curious; do you?
Is your religious denomination okay with your enjoyment of moe-culture stuff, if yes? Which religious denomination is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Just curious, how long do you want to do this? I've got some insomnia so I can go for awhile if you want to.

>can a Simulacrum age or have kids?
moshi-moshi

>Actually, it's you who keeps bringing up the sexual stuff

>It's your inability to control your sexual desires

>That way you can jack off in private

Actually, that began to happen earlier when nine-tailed foxes were associated with Inari as worship of the deity became more and more popular.
Since obviously a popular and beneficial deity wouldn't have an "evil" spirit being as it's favored servant, you had a slight change of their stuff. China and Korea had no such deity in question.
Same thing basically.
It's just that Japan had a specific Shinto deity to help the process along. Korea has attractive helpful lady-foxes now, but a lot of that comes from stuff they've borrowed from Japanese stuff.
No, all three did.

Fuck it, this thread is beyond saving anyway.

So, has anyone ever made use of this? Yes, I'm the creator, looking to see if it was worthwhile. It was well-received, at least.

Well then, tell me how it isn't.
Still waiting on you to give an honest answer.

it last until dispelled so on theory its eternal. No kids since its not living and its in a solid state.

>Isn't that the Korean one?
"the korean one" implies a degree of definite-ness that mythological creatures don't really have. Kumiho and kitsune used to be different languages for the same thing, then one of them changed a bit and now one can waffle over how to translate minor divergences in nine-tailed fox myth.

>Actually, it's you who keeps bringing up the sexual stuff

>proven wrong

>Well then, tell me how it isn't

Yeah. It's *totally* the other guy who is >deflecting

So then use the new one
It's easier then indulting /pfg/ trolls with nothing better to do.
I'll post my response to that thing over there

Won't be troll-free, but at least it won't be troll-started.

Ah, sorry about that. I knew there was some Korean show where a guy lived with a fox girl or something and there was the eating livers thing in that iirc.

So it's perfect for using it to replace someone with it as a changeling and then put all the blame on the Fey/Elves/Neighboring Wizard? Great.

>MUH FURSHIT
you sound like a fag.
That aside the amount of monster/crazy races on 3.5/PF makes me shy away from it.
Like it makes it seem these "exotic" races are a lot more common than expected.

Its not us, we are actually trying to get rid of that shit, we actually managed to get 4 fucking threads in a row without animu shit

sorry /pfg/, i guess we even could be bros

Hey, you, yeah, you, DM.

Whats your favourite monster to play against your party?

Mine are Hobgoblins.

>LE
Lots of room for parlay and negotiation/roleplay

>Beast Trainers
Mounted combat kicks arse

>Middle of the road Goblinoid
Not as dumb as orcs and not as cowardly as Goblins.

>Worth a shit in combat (better with proper tweaking)
Nice to mix and match combat styles.

>Credible threat
My party encountered Hobs once or twice in previous games and I've been popping them in and out in larger numbers to gradually overshadow a swell in their numbers and ferocity until a sudden incursion pulls the rug from under them.

Does anybody have the Tome of Beasts up for download yet?

I have a fondness for undead creatures personally. There are plenty of variation of them and can easily be placed in many different locations and dungeons. They are also easy to make and replace for any competent mage or cultist.

With that said I think I will throw a camp of goblinoids at my party in the near future. I think that could turn out very interestingly.

Driders :3

>Tome of Beasts by Kobold Press
mega.nz/#!xIcw0JrS!e_WL2JWFEU7HN0DwK69F9J9MLoe7qv69qez0lDGPWUQ

>tfw you get crit four times in the same fight
>by hobgoblins

Other humans.

If we're talking only "monsters", aberrant creatures (not necessarily aberrations, but mutated forms of either normal wildlife or pre-existing monsters that have been tinkered with for increased killyness).

One time our party fought a pack of werewolves and they credited us 5 times. Somehow we survived and won despite the encounter being hard. What makes it even better is that is was the first fight in a tower and we were under time pressure so we had to keep going. We even killed a vampire and all the party members were alive.

What is tfw you DM and the party crits 4 death saving rolls in an encounter?

Players will probably be fighting a minotaur tonight. Any suggestions for some monsters to put in the ruin the minotaur has claimed?

Fey minotaur monstergirl with fey minions.

>Cultists of Baphomet who worship the minotaur
>trick nest
>random fey creatures
>zombies and skeletons of the former owners of the ruins.
>a tribe of goblins who lived in the ruins before the minotaur took control of it.

Grick nest*

I have a plot arc in my game where a bunch of Yuan-ti are attempting to sacrifice as many people as possible in order to become gods. They're marching towards a city the players are trying to warn.

Unfortunately, I think me and the players both dislike the arc. It's just been a boring jungle trek that's going to end with them either evacuating the city or deciding to stand and fight.

What can I do to make it interesting? They're just getting into the city next session, and they haven't been there before, so I can spice it up in pretty much any way I want. I'm trying to come up with ideas myself but I'm not creative or clever.

Woolen golem.

Need puzzles ideas for some kind of magic path trough mounatains (to find a hermit they need to solve a puzzle, otherwise they'll just walk in circles).

This spell, as written, doesn't actually do a damn thing.

So, yeah, i guess level 1 is fine.

Man how did this shit start

Most people don't look at the official lore/artwork, they just hear familiar terms that they relate to their sexual fetishes.

No one who looked up the harpy in the MM would want to play one. Look one up on a booru site, though...

I just got done playing through the Artifact from the current season of Adventurer's League. While we had to improvise, I thought it was a good session.

One question for the DMs that ran it, however. I now have a sweet ghost friend in my head, but the DM said that the presence 'faded into the subconscious'. Does that mean I shouldn't really make that into a relevant part of the character?

It's called "ignoring official art and substituting your own."

I've seen some people talking that a Healing Potion to craft would costs 10 days and 25 gold pieces, how's that? I thought that would costs 5g/day so if it takes 10 days would cost 50gp, or i it costs 25gp would take 10 days.

How a healing potion takes 10 days while costs only 25gp to make? Can someone elaborate?

A potion of healing is actually a common magical item and thus not under normal crafting rules so it takes four days and 100gp to craft one potion of healing worth 50gp. :^)

But the book says "the magical red fluid" PHB 153.

Sorry I missread you, but why people says that it takes 10 days/25gp?

>want to start running game at a tabletop
>every DM I know has collections of 5e and pathfinder miniatures
>try to find anything that isn't a gimmicky nonsense garbage creature
>wolf: $6.75 each, 0 in stock
Kill me.

Why not just print out tokens?

Some people like the feeling of having miniatures around

Lego?

i know these feels user
i was lazy and missed good deals, i'll never learn

make it so that there is a ton of political intrigue going on in the city, and the powers that be dont believe some two bit adventurers coming in to their glorious city are telling the truth.

This forces the players to decide whether the city itself is even worth saving. At the very least it gives them tons of sidequests (and opportunities) to spice things up with an overarching goal/time limit for everything.