Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:

Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Old Thread

>Troll Starter Thread
Okay, can anyone tell me exactly what a firbolg even is in the context of D&D?
It sounds like an older edition thing, but all I can find is this Fafhrd-looking guy right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

lomion.de/cmm/_index.php)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I guess they're just half giants or something.

Basically an Irish Hill Giant that's not stupid or (as) ugly and is generally good. Also got playable rules in 2e's Book of Humanoids.

What class would you play as a fox girl?

Kindergarten.

That's kinda what I thought at first.
So it's a friendly-ish giant? Neat.
Also, interesting throwback to 2e stuff again.
I guess someone at WotC knows which edition was the functional golden age, rather then the best-selling age that tanked the entire RPG market.

Sorcerer or wizard for sure!

What, you're not one of those dweebs who think a filthy noncaster kitsune is cute, are you?

Is that a like a druid?

Casters are the best.

pure cancer

I haven't used it, but looking at it, I think I might use something similar or a variant for my next game with different names but the same basic idea.

Do you mind?

Speaking about giants, from what mythology do the fomorians come from?

Well there's always that tiny little arrow next to the post number user.
It leads to some options, try them out.

cancer mage

5e has arcanaloths, those are KINDA like fox wizards, right?

They should turn cancer into a spell!

That's a Irish thing.
They're a race of monster-things (not always giants) that live underground and are supposed to be the first group of settlers on Ireland, driven away beneath the Earth by the second settlers, the Tuatha Dé Danann.

Think Irish Titans and you have a pretty good idea.

irish again

Sorry, got that Irish thing wrong, I must've thought that from the name. You can generally find the info on any older monster by looking at Monstrous Index (lomion.de/cmm/_index.php)

>Of all the giant-kin, the firbolg is the most powerful, due to natural intelligence and considerable magical power.
>Firbolgs appear to be normal humans, except that they are over 10 feet tall and weigh over 800 pounds. They wear their hair long and keep great, thick beards. Their skin is a normal fleshy pink, with any shade of hair color, although blonde and red are most common. The flesh and skin of firbolgs are unusually dense and tough. Their voices are a smooth, deep bass, thick with rolling consonants.

>Combat: Firbolgs can use any large size weapons; they disdain the use of armor or shields. Of manmade weapons, they prefer two-handed swords and halberds, both of which they may use in one hand without penalty. Weapons of their own make are double size equivalents of human weapons, for which they get a Strength bonus (19 Strength, +7 damage). However, when used with both hands, these huge weapons inflict double their normal damage, plus the Strength bonus.
>If a firbolg has one hand free, it can bat away up to two missiles per round. Large missiles, such as boulders, or those with long shafts, such as javelins and spears, can be caught if desired. A catch or bat is successful 75% of the time (6 or better on 1d20). A caught weapon may be thrown at any opponent on the next round with a -2 penalty to the attack roll, for using its off hand.
>All firbolgs have the following magical powers, usable once per day, on any round they are not engaged in melee combat: detect magic, diminution (as double the potion), fools’ gold, forget, and alter self. There is a 5% cumulative chance per member of a group that one of the firbolgs is a shaman of 1st through 7th level.

Irish.

I also read how in 4e (or was it 3e?) they were meant to be the reflections of titans in the shadowfell or the feylands, how different were they in previous editions?
I also need fey related monsters suggestions for my current campaing

>I also need fey related monsters

Fey foxboys.

Does the left look like fox wizard to you? No.
The right is a fox wizard.

I fap to foxgirls, but quit that shit please

>tfw no half-arcanaloth waifu

In 2e they were a kind of giant, just a REALLY hideous kind of giant that lived underground. So gross-looking it was a special ability or something.
In 4e they were giants but also Underdark-dwellers in the Feywild I believe, and had powerful magic at their disposal.

did you get tome of beasts ? Its pretty loaded with dark fey and what not.
On side note I'm playing a ancient paladin and was wondering what to get for my 4th lvl ASI. Got 18 STR, 18 CON and 14 CHA. Increase my CHA ? Anything fun ?

So they're Hill Giant-sized but with better equipment, smarter, and some magic too?
Nice, they seem like a decent race for interesting NPC's, though balancing them as PC's seems like it could be tricky,

>TFW you are no longer a forever DM

I don't even care if the adventure the new DM pitched is weird ass Undertale inspired thing. or that she's a neophyte DM and starting it off at level 10.

I can finally play again. I've DM'd for like 2years and played about 40 mins worth waaay back when the beginner box first came out.

>balancing them as PC's seems like it could be tricky

What if they were big only for the rest of the party?

>wanting to associate with fiends
Burn in the Nine-Hells, heretic.

It's okay user, I know the feel!
It's nice to be able to play even with a new GM. And new doesn't mean bad, just untried.

>arcanaloths
>neutral evil

SOUNDS FAMILIAR.

>Entire party is consisted of goliaths, orcs, and firbolgs
They're gonna need a bigger table at the inn.

Do you plan to play a fox wizard?

>a disgusting human who slapped fox ear and tails on herself
>calling herself a fox

Arcanaloths have a very special torture dimension just for you.

clown wizard

A PC I run a one-on-one game for is, in fact, a cute arcanaloth foxgirl in Gehenna.

Is that a Wizard who is a clown or a Wizard who specializes in clowns?

Foxes aren't that hairy. Only demons and devils have that much hair. Real fox wizards will have none of that.

A bit curious as to what archetype you're going with. Enchantment? Illusion?

>dryads
>werecreatures
>eladrin (stats in DMG, just add the bonuses to generic humanoid creatures in the MM)
>sprites
>owlbears
>giant sea horses
>yetis
>unicorns
>satyrs
>deva
>centaurs
>rocs
>green hags
>animated or possessed objects/non-sentient lifeforms (i.e. flowers that use sign language, a frog that juggles insects, that chair that bucks if you sit on it)
>pretty much any plant shit (see above)
>pixies
>blink dogs
>displacer beasts

etc etc as long as they're weird and mystical acid trip shit

Hags are real good in general.
Just go full Grimm's Fairy Tales with them.

Holy shit, I think I just figured out my next villain.

>Only demons and devils have that much hair. Real fox wizards will have none of that.

How do foxgirl wizards grow such fluffy tails while having no hair on their bodies?

Because they're real fox girls and not fake ones.

Do they shave, wax, or thread?

Is it possible to do Castle Ravenloft in one 6 hour session?

Night Hags are specifically stated to not exist in the Feywild though.

No need for any.

Probably not.

You mean the 1e module?
Could be tricky, but with a smart enough and group that acts fast enough and doesn't waffle on decisions and acts decisively it could be done, sure.

No, but that's just one of three types.

yes

not sure yet. Mostly just amused by the idea of wizard casting spells apeing clown/mime/jester mannerisms.

miming the use of a hammer when casting mend
acid splash comes from a flower in his shirt
shocking grasp joybuzzer etc

its look a goofy campaign so he should fit in.

What the shit is happening to these generals? Like every other post in this thread is a fucking fox person

It's literally just one or two trolls.
Likely one just responding to himself over and over again due to the regularity of the posts.
Best to report or just hide and ignore them and then don't respond if reporting isn't your thing.

That sounds fun m8. If that's how you're going to fluff your spells you could probably take any archetype and make it fit desu.

We're talking about how fox characters fit into games - their favored classes, their aesthetics, and associated themes.
Would you like to join?

I think I might make a villain who's an Entertainer backround Illusionist Wizard (NPC but still more or less based off the class) for fun; a serious villain, but "weird magic clown" is not a particular angle I've used on my D&D players before.

I'll keep adding misleading stuff, making them think it's the ringmaster, but he'll just be a bound demon or something.

I don't really see the common DnD link here. What you're describing is more suited to a furry chat room or /pfg/ or something

They got kicked out of /pfg/ apparently, at least for now.

I'll go for catgirls then.

Of course it has a D&D link.
Here, we'll make it more obvious - any fox girl race ought to have dancing lights as a cantrip.
What do you think?

That art is so awful.

We might need to cash in our hotpockets for a favor

I don't mind.
I may not play PF and might not go to /pfg/, but they deserve to be as free of this shit as anyone does and enjoy playing the system they like as much as anyone else without this nonsense.

I think you should leave.

>all this shitposting

The Arcanaloths and the Night Hags did this.

Definitely night hags.
Arcanaloths wouldn't do it for free.

What's the best homebrew kitsune race for 5e?

Why should I care what you think?

Fox girls as a race should definitely get a +2 to Charisma as their racial bonus.

You should probably leave.

Frankly it's mostly just refreshing to know they were shoo'd out instead of it just spreading like a fucking plague. Here's hoping he'll just get banned soon I guess

I haven't seen any homebrew - I might take it on myself to come up with one. I think racial spells and +2 to Charisma are musts.

Can we make arcanaloths cute?

I've noticed bans for trolls on Veeky Forums have been more common of late as long as people actually make the attempt to report said posts actually.
I guess it makes sense; the people doing the banning aren't psychically going to know who is trolling or who might be trolling without them. Kinda need a laser pointer aiming in the general direction.

Why not just reflavor a Devil's Tongue tiefling?

Speaking of shitposting, how does telepathy work? Is there a limit on how quickly and how much information can be sent?

Much too lazy - that simply won't do.
Also I will not associate divine fox girls with demons and devils. No no that won't do.

Is that a spell or special ability or what?

I usually hold it to normal communication time rules. You telepathizing images and words doesn't mean the person can necessarily process them any faster than they otherwise might.

I was thinking of the Warlock's Old Ones feature and Ghostwise Halfling Silent Speech.

>Also I will not associate divine fox girls with demons and devils. No no that won't do.

Even if they're neutral evil like arcanaloths?

Unless specifically stated information is conveyed normally and at normal speed I think. Like Obi-Wan and Luke.
You want faster then that, best use a more flexible system I should think.

In both cases it's just "head-talking" right now.
Ghostwise halfing's can basically just speak without using actual words, kinda like those savage halfling-sized ElfQuest elves come to think of it.

I think if you're reading something you could transmit information faster, but if you're trying to speak a command then it would work as normal.

All fox girls are good. If you think they are otherwise you have been fooled by their clever ruse.

That kinda makes sense I guess.
Like "reading aloud" as fast as you can inside your head so that other people "hear" it.

What background should a foxgirl have?

That would require you to plan ahead with flashcards or something but it might be a fun way to cheese the system without pissing off your DM.

Waifu

Feature: Can cause erections without making men feel like pedos. However, doesn't stop others from judging you.
Lifestyle: Does it for free
Personality: Ahgoo
Bound: to 2d
Flaw: Is a shit

is this fox thing just one incredibly sad user or what?

I guess it's possible there's two of them springing off of each other, but that's probably it

One or two.
My hunch says one, but there's not enough gap between the posts for it to be just one sometimes.

maybe it's one dude using a phone and his computer or something

either way I don't understand, did someone set him off saying foxgirls are shit or something?

because foxgirls are shit

Which is why you should play foxboys instead!

Someone from /pfg/ said they kicked all the guys like him out of there. One or two is likely looking for somewhere else to troll now.
Hide, report, or just ignore him. Doesn't matter which.

but it's not even trolling. it's just pure shitposting for literally no reason

what would drive a man to be like that? years of self-imposed social exile?

Who cares.

I am just interested in the nature of a man

I just want to talk about D&D :(

Who even cares? I certainly don't care enough to validate his presence by talking to or about him.
So do it.
It's a bit late now but someone will get around to answer or talking back sooner or later.

How should an arcanaloth tiefling be roleplayed?

I haven't run any longer games yet, but if I do I'll be using it, it's pretty neat. I start at level 3 so I think I'd start using it at 5+ and take it one step down so two high level characters completely exhaust the list. Higher level characters in general should be separate I feel, if they start with some magical items and stuff just getting 10 different tool proficiencies / languages etc. feels a bit weird. For those middle levels it seems really neat though.

>a quarter of this thread is some cancerous attention whore faggot replying to unrelated posts with fox pictures
Guess I'll come back tomorrow

I need some music to play during fights that fits a gothic horror setting. I've been using some stuff from Midnight Syndicate and the Bloodborne soundtrack so far, but I'd like a little more variety.

Anybody have any ideas?