Could I have seen this coming?

Could I have seen this coming?

Or is TA a meme?

bump

ubuntu more like ooogooogoo haha stupid gay baby operating system with no games haha

yes
TA is a meme

You could see it coming from blockfolio charts... I said it this morning using this image if you image search it you’ll find the archive.

lmao ubuntu fag go to school

this haha

I think only from a strategic, educated guessing point of view. You could see that futures markets were beginning to work in BTC and that would signal the beginning of true institutional investment and normie gold rush, and that the prior bull run would be paltry in comparison.

I bought in at $4k for the first time with a decent chunk of change guessing that we'd hardly touched on mass adoption and market capitalization at that point. You can get a pretty skewed perception of what "adoption" means when you are on the internet all the time but really, 99% of people weren't even in it at that point. It may be 97% now so this train isn't done.

XXXDDDDD ebin!

ooogooogoo fags btfo

>Ubuntu
LMAOing @ your life

I have know about the futures for a while. But I didn't know whether this would lead to a bullish/bearish market, seeing as wallstreet shorting bitcoin is also a potential outcome. I mean it is the first time that people will have the ability to make serious money shorting bitcoin, so if the 'bubble' is going to pop, now would be a good moment. Thus I thought this uncertainty would make BTC move sideways.

That chart is about breaking 10k..?

>enjoy your cool games kiddos

Faggot i'm on Arch. I don't play games often, but when I do I only play 500 IQ games like Supreme Commander and Yugioh.

Lol sorry, kind of skimmed over all the OS related posts.

Enjoy your admirable operating system fellow genius.

Using a 100 year old technique to forecast price movements on a new kind of asset is not wise.

Literally two fucking lines.

The thing is, is that it is well known, and if enough people act on it, it will become reality.

bump

It’s where it’s crashing too eventually

TA is a meme and no you cant have seen an increase in marketing with TA.
TA is supposed to use past data to predict future trends based solely on the current trend never changing.
You cant use TA to find out that 10 years from now BTC gets hacked and drops like a rock or the US decides to back BTC and then it skyrockets.

Sure TA won't predict major events. But during periods of time without major events, or in combination with upcoming major events, it might contribute to forming certain turning points.

Tbh if 24hr gains of bitcoin exceed 45% drop out, it's about to plummet. That's what I did, popped out around 18.9. Already popped back in and made a little.

Once it goes over 20% daily you need to watch it, the greed will force people to sell alts to stop their losses there and go back into bitcoin. But by the time they realize what's going on they'll lose their ass too since they'll be buying in at the ATH. Just watch for odd growth patterns. Also if you held you still did fine. Even though it had that big spike I'm still making almost 17% from yesterday. Which is ludicrous still.

>crashing to 13,000

LOL so I'm buying $6,000 tomorrow then. FUCK IT

>I'm on Arch

>turning points
Thats literally the one thing TA cant predict.
You use TA to know when to buy and sell not to know when the next growth spurt or collapse is going to happen.
You buy when it hits the bottom line and sell when it hits the top line.
Thats the problem with TA. Once an event happens all your previous data is useless.

Niggers need to learn ELLIOT WAVES

Sounds like you are only talking about bollinger bands or something.

The picture in the OP, shows a wedge pattern. ad you recognized it, at lets say 1300-1350, you (/I) could have made a lot of money.

ad=if*

In the same way that someone eyeballing the chart could have seen the bullish behavior and jumped in and gotten rich.
It works when it works and fails when it fails.
The problem is that you are analysing something with the results that you want outside of an actual sample size.
IE
>everytime I look at a chart that increased 100x I found a similar pattern
Thats results oriented thinking instead of process oriented thinking.

TA is a meme. It would have told you we were due for a correction for the past month and a half. Crypto is not stock, the psychology is different

Yeah I agree it's probably a lot of confirmation bias, but doesn't necessarily mean it holds no value. It is certainly not easy no. Especially sice you would have to incorporate a lot of circumstantial factors if you would like to do some testing on historical data.

I agree. I think machine learning could confirm or deny that fact but machine learning would impact trends in a way that constantly fluxes.

Well, people don’t buy just because there’s a pattern formation on a stupid chart, but it’s an indicator that sometimes works.