We found the bottom?

This the bottom before next moon mission, no?

IT FUCKING BETTER BE

Ol buddy holding up better than most others desu

I trust in the bad old pedocoin.

Hodl. Monero is great, but it's not a coin you buy into for the short term. As long as you're not all in, your investment is worth it.

>hey Veeky Forums what coins are you gonna buy when btc crashes?
>xmr, duh

Last crash XMR bounced harder than it crashed, making it gain some satoshi value over the days, this didn't happen with any of my other altcoins (LTC, ETH, LINK). Didn't pay attention to other coins, but XMR is a solid pick, from what I observed.

Noob here, what makes Monero great for a long-term investment? What sets it apart from the hundreds of other altcoins?

It's going higher. XMR typically adheres to technical analysis, and it's looking really good. BTC screwed up it rounding up again by now, but it's no its way.

1AbAna1NhKCg3BqQjuheAmSLNLKAm39DbC

0xdd702677258CD46268a5A5443ea033959899845b

MOONERO: 4GdoN7NCTi8a5gZug7PrwZNKjvHFmKeV11L6pNJPgj5QNEHsN6eeX3DaAQFwZ1ufD4LYCZKArktt113W7QjWvQ7CWDbLbE2x99zUCWsgL3

Go long and leave it alone for about 5-7 days. Plus more good news is coming for it soon.

more stable

Can't look at wallets and trace down payments and suprise, suprise there's a lot of people who like that.

Thanks, guy above me also mentioned a reason but I didn't read it since he posted it whilst I was typing my previous post.

there's a pic floating around here of a court document describing the cryptocurrency amounts a silk road/alphabay vendor had in possession. it went like this:

- 1234567 BTC
- 1234567 some other coin
- an undisclosed amount of Monero

It's not really an altcoin, it's more like a parallel coin. It won't match BTC value, but due to its ability to work as a decentralized coin better than BTC it gains advantage whenever BTC has instability. The biggest risk is that because of how user it is it will get suppressed by der illuminati or whatever. Point is, it's BTC as it should be at the core, but the risk is that others are mad about it.

just look it up, monero is pretty generally accepted as the most respected privacy coin. It's the closest to untraceable. It's a great long term investment (aka in crypto time like a year or two)

xmr has kept me feeling very comfy through this dip, it lost alot of btc value but only just a hair more than I was expecting it to so that's a win in my book...this coin is the first that it feels like it's easy to trade for me.

I'm loving it's trend. Despite USD values it's been holding up great to this massive BTC run, and we all know once BTC goes through a panic drop we get to keep our value anyway. It's like the coin that gets to stay reasonable through all the madness, and will stay exactly where it was on top anyway.

I love Monero, but it can never be accepted by States as currency, it would simply destroy auditing, and most constitutions state that one has the right to not produce proof that can be used against one, therefore you cannot force someone to give you their viewkey.
The judicial system would lose a lot of its power, this isn't good for the people, that won't be able to get reparation for damages they suffered.

Oh god, when I think about the legal problems cryptos are gonna face, when lawyers actually catch up that crypto makes a lot of their jobs obsolete (smart contracts) or harder to do (getting reparations for their clients), it makes my head spin. States are gonna have some serious legislation production to ban or integrate crypto.
Ripe academic opportunity for law theorists.

We have it different in the EU, hopefully it won't go the same way as the states. Tbh your whole system is ripe for a big shift, so maybe as a burger you should try hodl half of everything you have for a couple years and see what happens.

It's not up to the governments to decide to keep it or not, it's up to the people to accept it or not.

Get your head out of your ass, this is a revolution.

How to buy? I've been eyeing monero since it was priced in double digits, and was too stupid to dive in until now, but t seems a bit difficult to obtain?

It's time to stop getting ripped off by fucking governments, they just pump your money to the banks that fuck up the system on purpose

not any more difficult than bitcoin since you can trade btc/xmr on pretty much any exchange

Bitcoin is like gold, store your value there... but for untraceable payments to hide it from the tax man, you need fungibility and privacy.... Monero checks all these boxes and is going to be huge

How is this different from crypto? Don't be naive. The bonus is we at least have a chance to fight back if we're smart.

When I said States I mean Nation-State (poor choice of words by my part), I'm not American either.
How is it in the EU? I heard that in Britain lawyers have to produce proof, even if it's against their clients case, since the understanding is that lawyers integrate the justice system as a whole. This idea is crazy for me, I don't understand how people can get a decent defense like this.
How is it a revolution if there is no way for the common man to get reparations caused by a company, since you can not freeze their assets, or even know if they have liquidity. This is mostly protection for the rich.

I dislike government, but there is a problem that this coin is simply inauditable, and the government can use that in its benefit as well. Would you not like, as a citizen, to know what your tax money is being used on, AKA, audited? Think of corruption cases, how are you gonna trace the money?

In my case, it only matters what I have in my bank account. I honestly can't say what the case is with money I make past a certain point. I'm a small fish in a sea of whales, but so far I've been able to move my money under the radar with no problems. I still pay regular taxes but they're in fiat so everything else can be a gift/donation as far as the law is concerned.

>In my case, it only matters what I have in my bank account.
It's okay if you are an anarchocapitalist, but it's quite obvious that society as a whole will desire some degree of government.

Until then I will do my best to work the system. If they give me problems I'll just sound confused.

That's okay, I was just saying that Nations won't ever accept Monero as a currency for those reasons, it will still exist but it will always be frowned upon by regulation, it's a game of politics, nothing wrong with it, Monero has it's place in the world.