A family of friendly monsters has moved in next door to your PC's house

A family of friendly monsters has moved in next door to your PC's house.

They all show as negative for detect evil, despite that even some of them are supposed to detect evil no matter what.

ok

I assume they are either cosplayers or from some other plane system where retarded morality of D&D doesn't work

Find a new DM that follows the rules instead of subjective morality bullshit.

Purge them anyway, the Emperor will know his own.

I invite them to the neighborhood cookout this friday.

Good thing smite isn't restricted to an alignment anymore

What follows is a "wacky zany" sitcom where the rules don't seem to matter as the PCs try again and again to subject their new neighbors to all the stereotypical monster weaknesses.

2/10 might watch if bored

Fantastic!

You know that your DM is higher up on the hierarchy of authority than the group of people you've never met before who wrote a book of guidelines, right?

Invite them over to dinner, ask if they want to come to our monthly neighborhood parties.

You know a game is supposed to be played using its rules right?

And pretty much every system makes it perfectly clear that the most important rules are to make sure everyone has fun and that the GM can bend and break the written rules in whatever manner they see fit in order to accomplish this.

My Ventrue deals with the Masquerade breach, switches havens, and gives Malkavians dirty looks for the next few Elysiums.

Do the other supers in WoD settings make fun of vampires for their shitty naming conventions in-setting?

I feel like that should be a thing.

>being this new to trpgs
Hey, congrats on joining our community! Maybe you didn't know this, but the rulebooks for almost every trpg (that's Traditional Roke-Playing Game) are merely a guideline on how to roleplay a better game. They're sort of like if Skyrim (probably your first RPG, right?) shipped with only the editor for PC.

Your DM created the world and chooses how magic works. He or she does ALL the world-building, unless they're using a premade setting book or something.

It's considered good form not to complain that a spell isn't exactly the same as in the book, or a monster is a little different. Those things are sort of just resources, not necessarily the Gospel. If your mother made a sculpture, you wouldn't complain it wasn't the same as the one you saw at the museum, right? Art isn't always the same.

Sincerely,
Someone sick of your shit

oh yes, that happens.

Have sex with the ugly niece

Assmad GM detected. Enjoy writing your novel, we players are going to find a proper GM.

Translated from the /v/irginese: I'm going back home to play Skyrim

>munsters/adams family related random encounter
>walking around open air market summer thing with goth friend
>get followed by huge haitian guy who looks hard as fuck
>gangster as fuck, haitian gang part of the city
>he starts whistling the adams family theme song
>all of us just crack up laughing
>get drunk/high with him, play pool at bar, have a good day

>I try to break the ice with some monster/Halloween-type jokes and puns
>They get offended and tell me not to patronize them.

Tell them how The Addams family are better

This is an example of literally the worst kind of player folks, take a look and shake in your boots

Ojay, it is pretty obvious you don't know what you're meming.

Saying a DM is writing a novel is about Railroading, not Worldbuilding. A DM who railroads is shit, a DM who world builds is a DM.

If your DM doesn't build a world, he is almost certainly a new DM using old material, which was almost all created by DMs making their own homebrew rules.

Please for the love of all things holy actually learn the history of the hobby before posting to a board about that hobby with the wrong memes

I think you mean fantastique

My PC lives on a mountain cottage in the wilderness, monsters are my only neighbors to begin with so nothing new.
If they mind their own and don't meddle with my undead servants then all is well, I might even give them a few skeletons.

>If your mother is a vampire and your father is a Frankenstein, then how come you are a werewolf?

The Frankenstein monster is probably made of all kinds of different parts. It's not unimaginable that he has werewolf testicles.

>Mad Scientists builds a flesh golem with fully functional werewolf testicles
>SatanTrips confirms this

My character once again gets pissed off at the pseudo-paladin Fighter for assuming the worst of people. You bought the house haunted from people that buy souls via contract, you're going to distrust the new demon neighbors?

>"excuse me, are you evil?"