Eldar to Human comparison

so besides the obvious differences being that the Eldar are all psychic, have pointy ears, having stupid looking helmets (like seriously! have they never heard of hats? wtf is up with them not having hats? what is this?!) and they are physically far more fragile then humans and make up for it by being faster. what are the differences between the races? physically not culturally.

It's pretty basic knowledge that they have completely black eyes and are taller than humans.
>are physically far more fragile then humans
This is debatable. This impression might come from a different combat doctrine. Eldar like to fight in rather "light" armor to move and jump around more quickly, not heavy power armor. To me there isn't really anything that suggests that a naked Eldar would take less punches to the faces than a naked, normal human.

black eyes? i am pretty sure i have seen them with semi-regular eyes in a few places

That description comes from FFG so it's more their particular version.

I'm guessing their food is pretty fucking high in calories to maintain their ultra high metabolism. A human eating their food would balloon into a ham planet in short order

well that makes far more sense

Eldar are not more fragile than humans. They are bigger, faster, and stronger. Humans are the weakest pieces of shit in the 40k universe, besides snotlings. The only way humanity can even win battles is by swarm tactics that put the Orks to shame, or by experimenting on themselves until they are no longer human.

calories in, calories out. Just like how the Astartes maintain their god-like physique, eldar keep theirs.

yeah i honestly must have misunderstood something when i was told about it... probably shouldnt rely on a guy who plays space marines to give me a good description of them i guess.

Actually, by this logic, it seems quite possible that your regular human is much much physically and mentally weaker than your regular Eldar. I mean regular humans are pretty weak compared to a run of the mill ork. I guess regular would be your average about-to-die-oainfully guardsmen.

Space marines are pretty tough, it may have been them he was talking about (not normal humans). The thing about holding space marines to a standard is that they are just science experiments. It's like saying the Talos Pain Engine is a standard for the Dark Eldar. It's infinitely more powerful than a space marine, but it's only that way because of experimentation. When we're talking a naturally born human versus an Eldar, Eldar would beat him silly with both strength and speed.

Forgot to add, humans are probably buffer than tau, tau are really shit too.

It's not a possibility, it's a fact. Eldar are fucking giants compared to humans and they are strong too. Agility, psychic ability, and intelligence are where they excel the most but your average Eldar is still ripped. If you want to see what striking scorpions were built on go watch the movie Predator. Like the Predator they prefer stealth and technology but they can beat you to a pulp if need be.

arent they averaged out at 7 feet? based off of depictions of them next to humans that is

In the Horus Heresy books they eat fruit and vegetable faggotry

Yes, an Eldar is about 7 feet tall naturally. With experimentation from the Dark Eldar wracks and grotesques get up to 8-12 feet tall roughly. Talos engines appear to get around 20+ feet tall, though I am just eyeballing that based on their pictures.

Humans are about 6 feet tall in 40k, space marines (human experiments) are about 7.5 feet tall.

Basically Eldar have humans beat in size and strength, and Eldar experiments have human experiments beat in size and strength. Eldar have fewer numbers and are more elitist though.

Yeah, they train every moment of the day but part of their peak physiology is probably no doubt due to the various implants and gene therepies they go through in the process of being turned from human into Space Marine

Well I guess their fruits and vegetables are super high in calories. Then again this is warhammer lore we're talking about so it's not like it's all going to gel neatly.

It was in Xenology too, which makes it canonical canon user.

And post xenology we have contradicting descriptions from GW, not Black LIbrary. Index Xenos Biel-Tan says Eldar appear human unless moving, and are attractive to boot.

>Eldar would beat him silly with both strength and speed.
Not really. Eldar have been shown to be quite a bit more agile than humans, but there's nothing really saying they're any stronger.

And since most humans live in techno-hellholes that are some mix of mad max and mega-city one, they grow up hardy or die and get turned into corpse starch.

They regularly jump several meters into the air. That takes a lot of strength. Fluffdar have punched through carapace armour before, and there even used to be a tabletop ability that did just that.

>and there even used to be a tabletop ability that did just that.
for a fucking fire dragon exarch, who is in no way your bog standard eldar

>attractive to boot

well yes but they could weigh less which would mean they need less strength.

>attractive

>weigh less but are bigger
They're not birds with hollow bones.

Humans look like shit in most GW art too. This is the actual Index Xenos description of how humans perceive Eldar:

>Humans that encounter Eldar often find themselves unaccountably beguiled by them, for their beauty and allure is utterly beyond compare, and there is evidence that both sexes of Eldar exude the same alien attraction upon humans, male and female.

Or they're just stronger.

Which would be the more logical explanation, seeing as you'd have to be insanely light to jump like that with less muscular power than a human.

years ago my group tried stating some different 40k races for a d20 campaign once. It did not go well because the races in 40k are all over the place. The races are not balanced with each other and all of them except the Tau and Humans were stupidly good.

Eldar are pretty much long lived humans with a higher number of functioning psykers but a lower number of powerful ones. They have extremely good reflexes and extremely long lives. Their only detriment seems to be their arrogance and poor breeding capability.

The Tau can only claim to be slightly tougher than humans and perhaps more intelligent than the average Imperial Citizen. Beside that they're shit at reaction time, shit at hand to hand combat, and shit at aiming. Their technology (which is probably salvaged from the Imperium) is their only saving grace on the tabletop.

We tried making Kroot a race but couldn't figure out how to represent their strength boost when wearing light armour. In hind sight I should've just made their damage dex based. But even Kroot had very little in the way of negatives when compared to a human. The only thing I could give them was negative int and call it a day.

We tried making other races but no one played them and I can't remember what they did. I think it would have gone much better if I had either known about Rogue Trader or just gave up on the idea of 40k races in another setting.

Eldar confirmed Slaanesh worshipers.

Slaaneshi traits are corrupted variants of Eldar traits.

yeah this is why i asked. there are just so many conflicting sources and many are canon at the same time. so i thought screw it! i'll just make like the Imperium and ask the people who would no better then I on Veeky Forums... so far i'm in the same boat with the only thing i've learned is that the Eldar are stronger then humans.

seriously some people arent even answering other important questions like:

why do they not appreciate hats and where silly helmets?

what are some of the differences other then height and strength (and ears) that they have from humans?

why do they like sex so much?

why are they allowed to exist as vegetarians? is that not several levels of heresy?

and why do they think it's alright to wear helmets when clearly people who wear helmets increase the odds of dying?

No shit sherlock.

Xenology has a lot of interesting things to say about Eldar, and a lot of fun things can be concluded from it.

First off, and perhaps most hilariously, they have crystalline shit, and their ears may well be an erogenous zone.

What's more, xenology implies that many of their biological processes are supported/enabled by psychic fields. They don't seem to have any actual microorganisms or acids to digest food, and their brains don't seem to have neurotransmitters.

There's also the fact that they have rib plates rather than individual rib bones, and their children take months to even conceive.

Well yeah, how do you think Slaanesh came about in the first place?

>Or they're just stronger.
but we know they ain't

them being psychically active is enough reason to justify them moving faster than should be possible with their muscle levels

Depends on the Eldar in question. Eldar look different depending on their Craftworld/Homeworld/Pain-fuckery. They are just as genetically varied as humans are, they're just way, way more rare.

They're also described as being unnaturally graceful and lithe, to the point of unsettling. They scare-rouse humans, basically.

>Xenology

Strength doesn't equal more agility. Your average human has a better vertical jump than a silverback gorilla, but we're sure as shit not stronger than them.

>why do they not appreciate hats and where silly helmets?
No one in the setting wheres hats except for IG officers
>what are some of the differences other then height and strength (and ears) that they have from humans?
>why do they like sex so much?
They are a highly physically and emotionally sensitive species who experience both those things at several magnitudes greater then humanity.
>why are they allowed to exist as vegetarians? is that not several levels of heresy?
They aren't vegetarians. I don't know why'd you think that.
>and why do they think it's alright to wear helmets when clearly people who wear helmets increase the odds of dying?
Stop thinking plot armor memes are actual in setting rules. Plenty of powerful and high ranking characters wear helmets such as Shrike and Cato Sicarius

The ears are an erogenous zone for humans. Why the fuck is it such a big deal?

>for their beauty and allure is utterly beyond compare
>unnaturally graceful and lithe
How do you guys imagine this looking? Because it's one thing for games workshop to write about it, it's another to visualize it.
I always imagined Eldar as having a sort of grace that's as much arachnid as it is feline, smooth and sinuous, but with movements that are too sudden, to precise, too utterly sure of their footing, mixing strange stillness with the odd burst of rapid movement.

As a slight tangent, has any company every tries animating eldar as moving differently from humans? In the DOW games and cinematics they all move lithely, but still well within the limits of human capability, with the exception of the harlies.

>The ears are an erogenous zone for humans. Why the fuck is it such a big deal?
Yes, but we don't have clusters of sensory nerves on the outer tissue of our ears. The difference is that while a human may enjoy having their ears touched, you could theoretically work an eldar to orgasm JUST from touching their ears.

Exaggarated versions of dancers and gymnasts really. The Index Xenos article suggests fluid movements, not twitchy.

>It is when the Eldar are in motion that any similarities to Humanity are irrevocably shattered, for their poise radiates an eerie, languid decadence that is so irredeemably inhuman as to betray their true identity to even the casual observer. Even the most simple gesture is characterised by inhuman grace. So alien to our own physiology it is that the finest human dancers and performers could strive for a lifetime to emulate it and still fail.

>Humans that encounter Eldar often find themselves unaccountably beguiled by them, for their beauty and allure is utterly beyond compare, and there is evidence that both sexes of Eldar exude the same alien attraction upon humans, male and female.

Or it could be painful as hell and completely ruin the mood.

Yeah, but that doesn't really track. Grace isn't off putting.

Text talks about hooves, though.

I was always under the impression that tau had toes AND hooves, like a deer.

Here's a bunch of pictures of feet.

Well Eldar are supposed to be attractive. A good imperial citizen should considers them repulsive because they're foul xenos, not because they move like spastic bugs or are ugly.

An Exarch is just an aspect warrior who is mentally incapable of taking himself off the path he is on. An Eldar can fall prey to this during his first battle, especially if he doesn't have time to mentally partition his mind beforehand.

>An Exarch is just an aspect warrior
An Exarch is "just" an aspect warrior who has had his personality completely taken over by an ancient set of powered armor, to the point that his body eventually gets consumed entirely by said armor.

Like, you do realize exarch suits are kind of serious business, right? They can't remove them once donned. It's chaos-armor-tier.

I'm not an expert on this, but I'm pretty sure the reason gorillas aren't doing slam dunk jumps is because of their bone structure. They don't normally even walk upright and don't appear to be designed for jumping as an activity. Also, because of their predisposition to walking with heavy support from their arms, it is their arms that contain primary strength. Their back legs look weak as shit.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Am I though? In terms of anatomy Eldar are sited in many sources able being only superficially human. Given the radical differences in everything but appearance, I'm not sure it's fair to assume a human has more in common with an Eldar than a silverback gorilla.

I don't think so, Dark Eldar are as agile as craftworlders or more, and their psychic potential is stunted. Never mind Eldar having possible issues with constant psychic activity in the battlefield if it was involved in something as basic as movement.

>Am I though?
Yes

I will leave this for reference.

>My opinion is objectively true and you should accept it with no explanation.
A gorilla and a human probably have more in common than an Eldar and a human. You're looking at two things and assuming superficial similarity equate to mechanically similar body functions.

well there's something beyond natural strength making them faster than humans

because the only eldar that are noticeably stronger are the guys in ancient power suits

that looks like Imperial propaganda friend

In dawn of war 1 at least their models were "rigged" different to give them a alien look to their movements.

but hey, space elves, wat do?

More like crazy admech and oldcrons

Different caste, maybe?

S3 encompasses everything from a malnourished conscript to an ork.

It's Xenology.

In short, Eldar are not the cutesy little waifus people always spout them as.

>gorillas and humans jump and run in a more similar manner than Eldar and humans
k

I just waited for someone to bring up beckjann. Not that I do mind.

Eldar are sleeker and that gives them a speed advantage. It's one of the reasons men are faster than women. Males have thinner hips.

Still would do one of them.

Yeah and Xenology is supposed to be writings of mad admech and oldcrons.

Index Xenos description postdates it.

Orks are S4.

If it wouldn't make the game pointlessly overcomplicated I'd say they should use a 20 point system for stats instead.
>The games and lore CONSTANTLY point out how Eldar move in a way dramatically different from humans.

They were never cutesy waifus until SOB failed to lure in women. GW had to do something to do boob appeal so they decided to sacrifice Eldar back to being elfkind. It's really a shame, they took space elves and turned them into something different and unique, now they're falling back into the generic elf pitfall just so they can sell a boob. But we all know it's GW who are the real cunts for not maintaining their uniqueness.

His art captures the elven/alien mix better than anyone other I'd say. Just familiar enough to humans but just ethereal enough to be unnerving.

>(which is probably salvaged from the Imperium)

It isn't; when they encountered Imperial tech, they eventually realized it was inferior to theirs. Plus weren't they isolated from outer space/40k shenanigans until the "modern" era by warpstorms?

>Orks are S4.

Since when?

Why are you repeating memes? Original Eldar were more elfy than the current ones, just go and read the physical descriptions from 2e Eldar codex, or Rogue Trader for that matter.

I wish he would also draw the other Eldar. I don't have a problem with DEldar, but his art is... kinda wasted on just one single faction.

He's done this as his only Craftworld Eldar. I don't mind the attention to the Dark Eldar. They're my personal favorite faction and there's a lot of flavor to Commorragh that would have otherwise likely never seen any sort of depiction if not for Beckjann and other fan art.

Sadly he hasn't made anything recently.

And this is a good piece of art, he can pull this one off too.

Since... always?

Of course you have to ask me when I'm not at home and can't check easily, but I'm looks 90% sure that Ork Boyz are S4

Sure. But my Dark Eldar folder is happy with so many additional pictures.

Well, that's nice for your Dark Eldar folder, but I would like to have some more nice art for my Harlequin folder.

He does have this.

I already had this saved but didn't know it was from him. Thanks user.

Ork boyz are s3 and have been for ages.

Another from him. It's not on his Deviantart though. Not sure where I found it.

Looks a bit more "early", more rough. Still good.

Yeah, no. S4. Just blew a bunch of data to download the codex to my phone just to confirm what I already knew, so yeah, thanks for that.

Page and screenshot of the boy statline please.

Hoof is a toe.

My bad, it's T4 not S4.

>missing the point

>SHARLE DARVUS
Great fucking writing. Why not JOSEFUS MENGELES?

>but we know they ain't

All evidence points to them being stronger.

FFS they're a genetically engineered warrior race. They do things that require exceptional strength. Just accept that they're stronger than humans and move on.

In the PATH trilogy, the female changes her eye color with her outfits if I remember correctly.

Emperor above, she needs a cold shower.

It isn't a bad idea.

I'm not sure if it's a proper one to one comparison. Who is stronger (in their prime), Bruce Lee or Randy Savage? Eldar tend to be thinner with whipcord muscle, but humans typically have more mass. I bet a human at peak physical condition could beat an Eldar at similar condition if they were arm wrestling or grappling, but probably not in a fist fight or a duel.