Warhammer 40k General

Eldar Are The Good Guys Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Any good games this weekend?

Starting a Campaign soon with 8 players and I thought I would give my Necrons a try before I try and get rid of them again.

>eldar
>ever the good guys
Top kek. Eldrad is a dick, and his plan will be foiled by the deathwatch.

just playing with myself...

Does anyone have advanced copies of the Death Masque boxed set? I am curious what the Deathwatch Formations do and if Watch Captain Artemis can be used in other formations.

>this is part of the appeal of the army.
I guess but Tyranids starting to eat themselves during battle is fucking idiotic and the Hive Mind/Norn Queens should be sensible enough to breed such a flaw out from the future generations.

3th edition had the right idea on how Instictive Behaviour should function and with a little fine tuning to fit the current edition, it would be perfect

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

Fuck tau

How good is GW customer support?
And how exactly does contacting them work? Do I email them with pics of the models that I'd like to return and explain what happened or what?

Jesus you're autistic.

Do you hang up the phone when someone picks up on the other end?

Shoot them an email, attach pics, explain. They either say the models are a failure of QC or they tell you to fucking suck it up.

How do you model Sergeant heads in your army?

Starting a Steel Confessors army, not sure what I should do for changing their head color/design. Any recommendations?

Remove Gue'La

>Any good games this weekend?

Went to the flgs this weekend to play in a tournament. Im not really into competitive play, but thats the only way to get a game anymore. The only time I ever see games of 40k is during tournaments, people have just stopped playing.

Anyway, I show up about half hour before its scheduled to begin. All I see are Eldar. At least 10-12 guys with Eldar in various stages of being painted, lots of grey plastic, and one guy with partially assembled models. See a couple Knight armies, a couple Tau armies, and a dude with a ton of drop pods.

I didnt bother unpacking my army, I just left.

Im selling pretty much everything next month at the gamers swap meet. This game isnt for fun players anymore, GW has cultivated a playerbase of tiny-dicked, win obsessed retards. Theres no fun or theme players left.

I would just visit my local GW and explain/show them the issue

They get rerolls. The Decurion gets rerolls to hit and to wound. Looks like it'll be deepstriking marines with amped up offensive capability.

Still using rules and formations to push sales. There is no hope for 8th edition.

>killing CSM

Doing the Emperor's work there, buddy.

For The Greater Good

Fucking Cylons

>ask simple question about contacting GW
>some faggot gets upset and starts throwing out insults, because apparently answering a simple question is too hard.
Fuck off asshole.

That's probably a good idea. Thanks for the advice.

As a Taufag, I find this picture hilariously accurate.

>Yes I brought flamers to a spacemarine fight, this was a good idea.

You've spent the last half hour trying to figure out if you should send an email to GW with a question about their product. Autism is a valid criticism of this indecision.

Though going to the store where you bought it is actually a good idea, so props to

What the fuck are you talking about? I just ordered some failcast Necron characters and wanted to know how I should go about getting a refund/replacement.
Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else?

see
Poor timing on your part to ask a question with an identical answer.

Also, I know Necrons have some finecast only models. It's not worth it. Much better to convert

I actually ran a Dark Heresy campaign that had an arc where we got "hired" by the Tau Empire to investigate a growing human/tau/kroot Chaos threat led by a corrupted Fire Warrior Commander. It was actually pretty interesting and I think reasonably well-done and not lore-breaking.

Can you go shit up a MtG general? No one wants retards posting more 'hur-dur U autist, go be a man'

He asked how their customer service worked, not how to interact with human beings. Find another general, we're already busy cleaning up shit here.

Noob here, just got into 40k.

I was gonna buy some space marines, but after walking into the shop and seeing the tau mechs I thought they were really cool, so I'm now looking to build a tau army.

What's the best way to start up? I want to play something that's powerful and with a lot of mechs (I really like the riptide XD)

also is there any way I could make my army only mechs? I really don't like their infantry modles, imo they don't fit with the mech aesthetics.

I answered his question in four words, and he got insulted because of mistaken identity on my part.

So you decide to shitpost.

Well done, you showed me

Nice mempost! no (you) for you though :^)

Not to be that guy, but if the imperium doesn't even for the most part know of the Deathwatch's presence, why would the Tau do?
Fuck, most of the Imperium doesn't even know that they exist.

Ah, I see. Well, I guess that's why they say assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

And yeah, I ussually convert the finecast stuff like flayed ones, but I figured that it can't be as bad as people say, and heard that finecast, or "finely detailed resin casts" as GW now calls it, had gotten better, so I decided to order some charecter. Looks like I was wrong about it being better.

Yeah you can roll with riptides and crisis suits my nig.

>48674308
>2016
>baiting this poorly
SHIGGY DIGGY BATTLE BROTHERS.
but seriously, this post doesn't even deserve a (You). No newfag could possibly be THIS new.

>anyone think this looks good?

Iron Hands/ Cult Mech
2000pts
**Fist of Medusa Strike Force**

**Strike Force Command** (620)

chapter Master (280)
-Bike, AA, Gorgon Chain, thunderhammer, dig weapons, plas pistol

command Squad (340)
-apothecary, bikes, 4 plasma, 4 SS, 4 power fists

**Armoured Task force** (585)

predator (115)
-lascannon sponsons

predator (115)
-lascannon sponsons

predator (115)
-lascannon sponsons

thunderfire cannon (100)

techmarine (140)
-servo, iron stone, bike

**Battle congregation** (795)

tech priest dominus (140)
-Autocaduces of Arkhan Land
-conversion field

Kataphron Destroyers (170)
-3 hvy grav cannons, cognis flamer

Kataphron Destroyers (165)
-3 hvy grav cannons

Kastelan robot maniple (320)
-2 TL hvy phosphor blaster, 2 carapace mounted hvy phosphor

Learn to quote you fucking retard

Learn to read, moron.

What happened to that game? Is it playable still?

Because the Tau, being xenos, are at the pointy end of the deathwatch stick more often than they'd like. Of course they'd know about them, unless you're trying to tell me that every DW mission against the Tau resulted in a 100% tau casualty rate.

"Hurr durr, I can't quote nor think of anything smart so I'll tell him to learn to read, that'll teach him, hurr"

Learn when to stop, shitstains

>this post doesn't even deserve a (You)
Are you retarded?

Yeah, there it is! Thanks, user. I've been looking for this.

They'd probably see Space Marines and go "darn those pesky marines and their very low involvement in general!"

Thanks Famai Lama

How many Riptides are too many? XD

>litteraly say "this post doesn't even deserve a (You)"
>Hurr durr why didn't you give the baitpost a (You)?

Did that FAQ clear up drop pods yet?

Everyone is still joking about them at my LGS.

>we've been killed by these marines before therefore we always know when and where they will attack us
What?

What's the issue exactly?

2 below 1000 is a dick move. Use them as limited elites and not as a centerpiece

This is for your fun as well as your opponent's.

Looks very fluffy, and pretty fun to boot. Id play against it.

However, a bit of Grav or anti-heavy and you're fucked. Watch out for Skitmech shit, they'll do you in.

Yes, the Tau empire doesn't abide by the same outdated strategies of the imperium, they learn and improve tactically, always changing to suit the battlefield, it doesn't make sense that they get anihilated by a few death watch marines.

The "doors count" issue.

I have 11 drop pods and I want to know if I can make the Imperium great again.

No, it made them a huge pain in the ass, and the greatest point of contention of all time for rules lawyers. Most people Ive spoken with are ignoring the drop pod faq due to the unbelievably stupidity.

Bruh all he said is 'i know what a gun is cuz ive been shot at before'

Not 'they pick out where the scope is aimed after encountering a gun once'

The game isn't the problem, the entirety of that post is. The only way it could have had more bait was if you mentioned I2 orks, plastic sisters, asked if age of emperor was coming, and tried to fit in 60 multimeltas.
At that point it would have at least deserved the "unlimited baitworks" reply

Which part?
That drop pods doors block LoS? Or that the doors count as part of the model, and thus you can't be within one inch of them except when assaulting?
Because the answer to both is yes.

Taking new 40k lore this seriously. I guess this is your game now, Taufag.

I just want to know if that particular FAQ is live yet I think it said draft before

Never go over 2 unless you're doing a tournament, and probably don't bring them sub-1000 points game. Not that you can't, it's just kind of an ass move to less powerful armies. Eldar, SM, other Tau, Admech is okay but anyone else and I'd stick to other stuff.

But once you hit

I never said that. I'm trying to say that they would know of their existence and if they saw black space marines with one silver shoulder operating in an area they would know what they were up against.

GW sent Duke a C&D, and last I heard some Bay12 boys were fiddling around with it. I don't know it's current state, but one of them did give us a demo in a thread last year. I need to check up on it. Lord Commander Valerius Malentino will spread Christmas cheer and shed the blood of Orks, Chaotics, and in particular Khornate men again.

Depends on the format.
I know ITC voted to not use them until the official release, but I can't speak for every FLGS, gaming group or tournament format
>inb4 muh ITC shill and "muh pro-marine conspiracy" guy

Oh holy shit I'm a complete retard.
I though you were the tau guy asking about 40k, not asking about Chapter master.
Please ignore my reply here
For I apparently have no reading comprehension.

Knowing of something existence and knowing of something's presence are two different things. And judging by the fact they actually got into melee range the tau clearly hadn't known the DW were in the area for very long.

I'm looking for field superiority, so I think 2 riptides and some more mechs at 1250 points is nice, what other good units should I get?

Farsight enclaves are for you little weaboo.

>field superiority

What do you mean by that exactly?
Map control, number of bodies, etc.- field superiority is a pretty broad term

It is totally possible for them to have known Space Marines were in the general area and yet still be caught in an ambush.

Ta'unar Supremacy Armour, you might be able to fit 2 riptides and one of them into 1250 if you really skimp o the troops and HQ

out of the four gods and if they were given them, who would have best daemonettes?
in my opinion it would be nurgle.

Two tides at sub 1500 will not make you well liked, and you currently have a strong codex, I would look at filling out the Farsight detachment with mechs and seeing how it fills out your points.

1 Excellent.
2 I've always just phoned them whenever there's a problem. a quick verbal description and they've always sent the missing / broken / fucked up bitz straight to me. I don't see why an email with attached pics wouldn't work just as well.
Example 1 Space Wolf terminator upgrade pack missing ONE pauldron. Rang FW, got sent COMPLETE set of pauldrons in return.
Example 2 FW SM Legion Rapier kit, left hand track unit warped beyond recognition, it was basically a flat lump of resin. Rang FW, got sent a brand new kit.
Experiences in the stores has always been the same wherever I've lived. Any time I've had a blister or box with a piece missing or broken, taken it back and been given a full replacement with 'Sorry 'bout that, Here's a replacement, please keep the one you've brought back for your bitz-box.' For all the whining about prices, rules and all, GW staffers are GOD-TIER user.

Slaanesh for the obvious reasons, tzeentch for the variety.

Some crisis battlesuits

Ghostkeels are OP but you'll need some stealth suits to back it up

Get a Stormsurge eventually

Firepower and intimidation factor

That sounds good, can I feild them the way you say?
Also, the taunar seems a bit expensive, is there any cheaper model I could use instead?

Nurgle, and everything related to him, is a shit.

The correct answer is no chaos god, because all daemonettes are heresy.

>Get a Stormsurge eventually

I cannot advise this for any newcomer as it is both OP (not always a problem, but bad for learning) and imho ugly beyond compare without extensive conversion.

>That sounds good, can I feild them the way you say?
Also, the taunar seems a bit expensive, is there any cheaper model I could use instead?

Dude was trolling you that thing is broken AF on the table, don't go bigger than a riptide (some variants on FW) at small games.

How does one best chaos daemons. I litterally cannot beat my friend no matter what army I play. IG, GK and DA are what I play and every time it's just mass summoning or 2++ bullshit.

The correct answer is Bayonet-chan

It's not like I have a lot of friends anyway
Ill look into the supplement

OP is the way to go with Tau XD it fits the lore.
ill also look into the stormsurge.
As a side question, do i really have to paint my models? I've never done any painting and it seems too expensive when I could just buy more mechs with that money. Can't I just spray paint it with white after assembly?

Shoot them before they can get into melee, and bring enough psykers to help mitigate their ability to summon spam.
Or bring a culexus or two and watch as their precious warp charges are used against them.

The usual GK or DA netlists should do more than fine vs daemons, are they running belakor or some shit?

Remove xeno

I am curious about the Death Masque stuff, not just the codex. I will definitely be running a Black Spear Strike Force. I just want to use WC Artemis in it.

Yeah I'm tryin to make it fluffy, but also maximizing the special rules
I'm more worried about tau or eldar, but I guess everyone is really

Grav wouldn't be as bad as an IK or excessive flyers I'm thinkin

>OP is the way to go tau XD it fits the lore
Either you are a very persistent baiter or your a 14 year old girl straight out of 2012 facebook.
Either way, here's your (You), you huge fucking faggot.

>OP is the way to go with Tau XD it fits the lore. ill also look into the stormsurge. As a side question, do i really have to paint my models? I've never done any painting and it seems too expensive when I could just buy more mechs with that money. Can't I just spray paint it with white after assembly?

You know, my autism actually had me believing this was a Taufag, rather than a troll for a solid minute.

Dude, stop, if he's actually new teach balance and fun not "here's OP shit, enjoy being a waacfag!"

As for a good 1250 list, a nice Hunter Cadre is very fun to play. I personally love loading up on infantry, but doing a Riptide, a few Stealth Battlesuits, and a Hammerhead will be good to bring as well.

Remember friend, your goal should be mutual enjoyment, not stomping your opponent. We don't need any more waacfags in this army, go over to Eldar if you want that shit.

Fate weaver with summoning is most of the time. Also pink horror spam. Or he just spams big ass MCs that unless I just bring a bunch of D I don't even have a way to deal with it.

>this entire post

Rules for power banners when.

The XD in every single post didn't kick off your bait senese?

Hold on, just read the rest of his posts.

The greater good is fucked, I'm joining Chaos. Eat a dick Gue'la.

Eat a dick Riptide spam, rot with Smashfucker. Tau have enough bad PR without trolls.

When Genestealers return to this state.

>Power banner
>CC weapon
>Two-handed, 2x strength, AP 2

Listen, I play Tau, I know a lot of faggots who this shit appeals to.

Wouldn't it just be a power-lance with a flag on it?

i want to get a Macharius Vulcan. and then replace the Vulcan barrels for battle tank cannons.
the design of the Vulcan looks much more appealing to me.
thoughts?

how game changing would it be to give tervigons a special rule guaranteeing that they get at least 2 spawn rolls?

>Not accounting for the morale boost that comes from killing the enemies of the Emperor with the banner of His forces