Dragonball Quest #71

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

23rd World Tournament Training

>>youtube.com/watch?v=4_4aWTAkCFY

Nothing fancy, but block the rock.

In soviet thread, rock blocks you!

Alright just gonna throw it out there, we should probably learn how popo ate the kamehameha and learn to copy that, which shouldn't be too hard relatively considering we already can hold in our own bearshout. After we can manage to be able to hold in waves of energy, we need to be able to release it, and combine it with our bear shout for pic related bullshittery.

Spitting out dirt, you pick yourself up off the ground, dusting off your new outfit as you take a quick look around.

You've been dropped in the middle of a village, which, of course, means you must already stick out like a sore thumb. You doubt many people just fall from the sky around here.

Sure enough, a small crowd of men, women, and children has already begun to gather. They're all dressed similarly to you, though some are wearing heavier armor, or less armor altogether. Many carry weapons, even the women, and a few of the children. Between that and the walls surrounding the village, you suspect this place isn't particularly peaceful.

You've been in some primitive looking villages before, but this one takes it to a whole new level. Everything's made of wood, and nothing is more than two stories tall. There are no vehicles of any kind, and even though there appear to be carts, there are few of those.

A fire burns in the center of the village, and you spot people gathering around it, some warming themselves and others using it to cook.

"You there!" one of the people in front of you shouts, getting your attention.

He's a relatively tall, muscular man with brown hair, a beard, and an intense stare that you find it difficult to meet. He has a nasty scar on his left cheek, and as your eyes drop down to the sword he has pointed at your throat, you can see a few on his arm as well.

This man is clearly a warrior. You don't think he's much of a threat to you, but if you were an ordinary man, this person would be one worth fearing.

"You fell from the sky," he says, his tone accusatory. "Tell us who you are, and make it good."

>A. You're a warrior

>B. Your name is Tofoo

>C. You're looking for someone named Olibu

>D. You don't answer to him

>E. Ask who he is

>F. Knock his sword away (5)

>G. Something else

>A. You're a warrior
>>B. Your name is Tofoo
>>C. You're looking for someone named Olibu

>>F. Knock his sword away (5)
Because i want to fail a dc 5

>A. You're a warrior

>B. Your name is Tofoo

>A. You're a warrior
>F. Knock his sword away (5)

ROLL

Rolled 97 (1d100)

LOL WATCH THIS '4'

Rolled 6 (1d100)

Yes Soms back, did you plan this out after last night or are you winging it? I am excited for today's thread anyway.

"My name's Tofoo," you tell him. "I'm a warrior like you, and I'm looking for someone named Olibu."

Several people in the crowd begin to quietly converse with one another, and you do hear Olibu's name being whispered a few times, though you can't pick up much more of what's being said.

"And just what do you want with Olibu, stranger?" the man in front of you asks suspiciously.

"It's another of Jigo's assassins," someone shouts from nearby. "Let's kill him while we have the chance!"

The man in front of you seems to be considering it. You don't know who this Jigo is, but if his people are dangerous enough to make the villagers fearful for the world's strongest man, he must be someone formidable.

And, if they're this nervous, there's a chance this guy might actually go through with stabbing you in the throat.

Putting a tiny bit of your energy on the back of your hand to keep from cutting yourself, you swat the sword, causing its owner's hands to be lifted over his head. The man steps back, falling backward into the crowd as the sword goes skyward, landing and impaling itself in the ground just outside of the circle of people.

The reaction from the others is mixed. Several of the children turn and run, and a few of the women go with them, intentionally placing themselves in a position to take any attacks in protection of the children.

As for the others, they begin drawing swords and daggers.

The man you knocked over picks himself back up, producing a dagger to replace the sword you took from him.

"So, you are working for Jigo," he growls, poising himself to strike.

>A. Ask who Jigo is

>B. Prepare to defend yourself

>C. Keep how you are, make no aggressive movements

>D. You just want to find Olibu

>E. Something else

I planned most of it last night. This might get a little weird, but hopefully it will be fun

>>C. Keep how you are, make no aggressive movements
>>D. You just want to find Olibu

"I just want to meet him, i heard he was strong, and wanted to see for myself how strong he was."

>A.
>E.
I am just a wandering warrior looking to test my mettle against Olibu.

>>D. You just want to find Olibu

Seconding

Is this guy supposed to be Leonidas?

This thread was hard to find because your op pic didn't have anything to do with dragonball :[

This situation is not getting better. In fact, disarming that guy probably made things several times worse than it would have been.

No sense in making things worse than they already are, though. You keep your posture relaxed, not making any sudden movements. When you speak, you keep your tone calm.

"I just want to meet Olibu," you explain. "I heard he was strong, and I wanted to see for myself."

"I'll bet," the man says, not buying it.

As he starts moving in close, someone on the wall shouts to the village.

"IT'S COMING!" the man alerts everyone.

Panicked communication erupts all around you, and several people break from the circle, rushing to various points in the village while shouting a warning to everyone else.

The man in front of you swears, spinning toward a gate at the edge of the village.

A massive creature falls from the sky above, landing atop the gate and collapsing it, along with a large portion of the wall.

It's reptilian in appearance, though larger than any dinosaur you've ever seen. It carries its massive body with four powerful legs, with clawed toes on each foot. Two colossal wings stretch from its back, explaining how it came from the sky. And, from the body, three long necks stretch into separate heads, each one looking like a dragon from old storybooks.

The three heads look around the village, cackling to one another as terrified people run in panic, and others rush forward, readying their swords and daggers.

By the fire, people light arrows and fire them at the creature.

Cackling, the three heads turn on the fighting villagers, and from their mouths shoots bolts of lightning.

Those that are struck drop to the ground, writhing in agony as their bodies are scorched to a crisp.

>A. Ask what that thing is

>B. Hit it with a Bear Shout

>C. Cut one of its heads off (60)

>D. Something else

Sorry, user, I linked it on twitter

He has a twitter, if you check it he posts the links directly which solves that problem.

>C. Cut one of its heads off (60)

>>A. Ask what that thing is
>>B. Hit it with a Bear Shout

Dodge around a blast towards it into a bear shout, get closer so it can't use it's lightning to block or have time to dodge.

>C. Cut one of its heads off

Should probably ask him when we get back

I did background, I prepared the dice rolls and stats, and now only one thing keeps me from QMing.
Veeky Forums or /qst/?

>A. Ask what that thing is

Oh shit it's a MonHun!

Yep, that is the question

Is your quest a meme, a fetish, or none of the above?
Meme -> /qst/
Fetish -> anonkun
None -> Veeky Forums

TG

QST HAS A FEW QMS THAT MIGRATED THERE, AND OTHERWISE NOTHING BUT A SHITTY COMMUNITY.

Trust me, i've TRIED to like it, it's garbage.

>B.

Depends, if your serious and plan to continue the quest do it on Veeky Forums. But be prepared for shitposting of people telling you to go to /qst/ since you won't have any players willing to defend you yet since your new.

Otherwise go to /qst/ and try and test the waters there, before going to deep in QMing. Afterwards migrate to Veeky Forums when you have a better handle on doing quests.

We don't have Kami with us. We gotta pray to someone else to help us prevail with our gains.

Veeky Forums has the better crowd, but /qst/ has more features. I'd recommend Veeky Forums unless you already have a big following.

"What is that thing?!" you shout.

"You seriously don't know?" the man asks you in disbelief. "That thing's destroyed three villages!"

A bolt of lightning strikes one of the buildings, causing it to erupt into flames. The beast continues to cackle to itself as the villagers try in vain to attack it.

All weapons seem to bounce right off of it, and those that get close enough are trampled, incinerated, or devoured.

But, you'll give that creature a real fight.

Opening your mouth wide, you let out a yell, and a bean of light shoots from your gullet, quickly reaching the beast and hitting it in the chest.

With a shriek of surprise, the beast finds itself being pushed back, out of the village. It digs its claws into the ground, stopping itself after a short distance.

The three heads turn their attention to you, and bolts of lightning shoot your way.

>A. Dodge (40)

>B. Deflect them into the sky (50)

>C. Deflect them back at the creature (60)

>D. Something else

We can handle lightning

>C.

Yamcha is going to have Kienzan or Makankosappo at the next tournament to help close the skill gap

>>C. Deflect them back at the creature (60)
fuck it, i feel like dying

I just realized something of importance, Kami said us changing the past won't after ours, but create an alternate timeline right? We all know what we must do, introduce the science of cappuccino's. It's what Dr.Briefs would want and we owe it to him as well.

ROLL

>We all know what we must do
Impregnate all the women of the past so that in at least one timeline super-strong humans descended from Tofoo have taken on the Saiyans' role?

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Rolled 22 (1d100)

rolling

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Your plan is fine

Not crazy about yours

You hold your hands out toward the oncoming bolts of electricity, bringing energy up your arms and out to cover your palms, allowing you to stop the lightning without taking damage.

The monster keeps sending electricity at you until its satisfied that you're as good as dead. And, when that happens, you send its own attack back at it.

The creature cries out in pain as its powerful lightning attacks course through its body. The beast shudders and collapses to the ground, its heads smacking into the dirt and its wings drooping.

You know this isn't the end, though, and sure enough, the creature begins to rise.

>A. Finish it off with the most powerful Kamehameha you can manage

>B. Bear Shout again

>C. Get in there and start chopping off heads (40)

>D. Something else

It's the allure of the roll

do we have the history knowledge to know whether this is a hydra?

Whats the dc to channel ki into the sword and cut all three heads?

>A. Finish it off with the most powerful Kamehameha you can manage

Probably not, hydras aren't in any history books

Like some sort of"Piercer of Heaven"?

What's the DC to concentrate lightning ki on our hands to make a cutting attack that sounds like a thousand chirping birds?

ROLL

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Rolled 11 (1d100)

Rolled 77 (1d100)

Hope we still channel ki

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Trips have been really unlucky these past few threads.

Rolled 98 (1d100)

rolling

I can't think of single setting where Hydras fly and shoot lighting so if this thing starts growing new heads I'm going to be pissed

>Shoot lightning
Kingdom Hearts
>Fly
Monster Hunter

The closest thing to a hydra in Naruto was a dog with wings. So I wouldn't be sure about this not being a hydra.

Well, at least if it is a Hydra, we're only cutting like 1 head right? We can learn from our mistake before it goes all hercules on our ass

The creature is injured, and hopefully that means you have your chance to get in there and do some serious damage.

Drawing the sword given to you by Kami, you leap off the ground and fly toward the creature as fast as you can.

All three heads turn toward you, and more lightning is sent your way. Your maneuverability is put to the test as you roll, rise, and dive to avoid the attacks.

The creature is unable to stop you, and soon, you reach it, swinging your sword and decapitating its middle head. The headless neck squirms violently, and you quickly swing to your right, decapitating the second head.

The last head shoots more lightning, but you drop down and avoid it, springing off the ground and taking the final head off with a clean slice.

The beast's body falls to the ground, the three necks squirm all around, and begin to bulge. A sickening noise is heard, and blood splatters in all directions as two heads grow in place of each head you removed.

The creature, now with six heads, rises back up, all of its mouths letting out a high-pitched roar into the air.

The beast flaps its massive wings, and a gust of wind causes you to slide back as the monster takes to the air, rising high above you, and shooting lightning from all six mouths, all sparks aimed at you.

>A. Deflect it away(70)

>B. Deflect it back at it (80)

>C. Dodge (40)

>D. Dodge and hurl your sword up at its underbelly (60)

>E. Something else

Goddamn it Som

>E. Something else

Afterimages, and ready a Bear Shout

>B. Deflect it back at it (80)

>The beast's body falls to the ground, the three necks squirm all around, and begin to bulge. A sickening noise is heard, and blood splatters in all directions as two heads grow in place of each head you removed.
>The creature, now with six heads, rises back up, all of its mouths letting out a high-pitched roar into the air.

fucking knew it

>>B. Deflect it back at it (80)

ROLL

Rolled 76 (1d100)

Rolled 46 (1d100)

Rolled 2 (1d100)

BLOCK THE ROCK

Now you see what your arrogance gets you? Olmec is one of the gods of this thread. Beside Kami and the Pillar Men

the rock disapproves, apparently

You aren't confident in your ability to stop all six of those attacks at once, so you don't bother trying. Instead, you leap back, letting the lightning strike and scorch the ground where you'd stood seconds before.

The creature cackles, looking toward you as you flee. The various heads then begin to turn their attention to the villagers, and prepare to make another attack.

But, the beast never gets the chance to attack again. You hurl your sword upward with all your might, aiming for the creature's underbelly. Your aim is true, and your weapon pierces the beast's flesh.

The monster cries out, all six heads howling into the air before it falls from the sky, crashing to the ground just a few feet in front of you. The force of the impact throws you off your feet, and you see the six heads weakly rise to look toward you.

Letting out a final, pitiful groan, the beast goes still, its heads falling to the ground and never rising again.

>A. Go get your sword

>B. Go back to the village

>C. Something else

>A. Go get your sword

>A. Go get your sword

>>A. Go get your sword
>>B. Go back to the village

I hope we get a statue of us in the future.

>A. Go get your sword
And then

>A. Go get your sword
>>B. Go back to the village

>A. Go get your sword
If we ate it's heart does our recover time get a small boost. Otherwise if not, can we still pluck it's heart out and take it back to the village as a sign that the beast is slain.

They can see the body from the village

t. Aztec Yajirobe

The battle's over, but there's still one problem.

Your sword is stuck under that stupid thing.

Approaching the body, you grab hold of two of its heads, and with a heave, you throws the corpse over your shoulder, letting it land on its back behind you. Turning around, you climb onto the body and grab old of your sword, which juts out from the monster's belly, and yank it free.

Monster blood drips from the blade, a sign of what you've accomplished.

Of course, many of the villagers were close enough to see what happened, and many of them come running from the safety of their walls to see you.

Many expressions fill the crowd. Some are shocked, others are relieved, some even look a bit afraid.

The man who held a sword to your throat before comes running up, stopping just shy of the beast's corpse. From there, he looks up at you in disbelief.

"Who are you?"

>A. Tofoo

>B. Ask if you can meet Olibu now

>C. Ask if you can have something to eat

>D. Something else

>A. Tofoo
>B. Ask if you can meet Olibu now

>D. Something else
Who's Jigo? Why's he wanna kill Olibu?

>D. The World's Strongest
>>B. Ask if you can meet Olibu now