Card Alterations

What type of markers do you use for card alterations?

I saw artists touch up or enhance mtg cards this weekend and I wanted to try my hand and messing around with some commons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I-ousb8-SD0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't use markers. I paint them

I make mine by smearing them with my shit and then soaking them in a piss jar for a few days.

I use liquid acrylics for a base coat then cheap acrylics for the actual card. I mostly do it as a hobby but I've wanted to get paint pens or something to do more cartoon stuff.

I will throw money at you to do this to some of those bowl islands.

fuck I wish I wasnt colorblind, would spend my days altering everything.

How much do you charge?

>not doing greyscale alters for fun and profit

youtube.com/watch?v=I-ousb8-SD0

I'm very flattered. I haven't really sold them but I've traded them off. Idk what's fair pricing, I guess if I work 1.5-2hrs per card, $20-25 seems fair?

$20 each sounds good, seriously let us know. Q/A time!

Do you use Etsy?
Do you modify cards other than lands?
Is this done with magical powers?

Etsy... No
Modify others... Yes
Magical Powers... More research required

Also sorry for large pics, but deeeeetaaaaiilll

Alright, put the land idea on the desk: What are you limits to design? Lewds? Custom designs? If you don't have the card in question, would you allow me to mail it to you?

Does anyone know where I could get decent proxy alters? If I'm going to be getting fake cards, I want them to be at least pretty.

Why is Bowland so popular anyway? I've never been fond of it.

Design Limitations... Yes
Lewds... Sorry no
Custom designs... Depends

I am not formally trained so I'm bad. I'm definitely not the best artist but I am comfortable with border extensions.

If I didn't own a card to paint I could find and charge you what I paid or you could mail it to me. I'd have to say the more hours I put into your card the more it will cost. Like 2hrs = $25 and 4hrs = $50

Most everyone I know just thinks the art is fantastic.
Alright, that gets Q&A out of the way, are you comfortable with doing an extension of Elspeth, Sun's Champion, or Karona, the False God? Shoot me an estimate, man, and I'll see what my budget allows~

I'd be happy to try my hand at your Elspeth, sunny-c. Let's keep it to that atm while I navigate shipping/payment logistics.

[email protected] , made an email just for this. I'd estimate $25 + shipping?

gf uses nothing but acrylic paint on her alters.

Great color mixing
I really like her metal detail on the wheel

What brushes does she use? If you know

Really, really fine ones. I don't actually know, sorry. Also, it's probably a European brand.

She spent more than one hour on that wheel. Probably the best thing about that alter.

I'm giving this thread a bump because I see a lot of potentional
Keep the OC coming guys
I would have posted more, but I'm heading to bed now

Guess I'll just post an OC or two more see if some other want to show off.

2/?

3/?

Thin your paints!

Getting there. This looks actually very decent. I like it.

Also, this guy (klugalters on facebook)
seems to be quite the authority on alters. My gf told me he once had a livestream in which he showed his techniques. I don't know where to find it, though.

Its fair. I haven't been doing this that long and have 0 training.

Getting better but I am not a patient man.

Please, I can only get so erect

I just want to let you all know that you're better than the WotC artists are.

4/?

Is this thread dead? I thought it was going pretty good when I left for work

why does this guy sign with the dead kennedys logo

I think I'd pay money for a Shriekmaw with this art.

Hmm, you have a point sir. I was just using my initials

I really should try doing more unique art over just my extensions. May have to try this one too.

5/?

Is there anyone who has foil proxies willing to post pics and where they obtained them?

Beautiful. The use of the green lighting (reflection?) on the wheel blends the upper and lower portions of the art nicely.

I also like the rounded edges on the name box. Looks dynamic and very cleanly modified.

I'm a big fan. Mad props to the artist.

Never sell you art based on how much time you put into it; sell based on the quality of your art.

In your case, that's more than $20-25.

I've done printed proxies, which you have to use foils for, is that what you're talking about?

So, I want to get into making alters myself, but I was thinking using photoshop and printing instead (since I lack any artistic skills whatsoever)
Is there anyone here who has done the same, and maybe want to share some knowledge with me?

Drop skype or discord info and I'll add you to talk.