Tell me about your settings amazons Veeky Forums

Tell me about your settings amazons Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7S1geveqVE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Amazon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We don't have any Amazons but in the jungles of Dinosaur Island there's a bunch of Mayan-inspired elves living in the jungle led by an ancient and powerful vampire and they looooooove human sacrifice.

Mine are basically religious freaks who follow a nature goddess which basically started as a new age religion that actually gained a shitton of followers but they arent really the big part of my setting the only big thing that the goddess has done was was fuck over a combined military force by turning them all into beastmen. The setting was just an idea I had after reading this book "Company of Darkness" about a group of villains who live in a world where the good guys won.

Wild women that got tired of the constant rape done by sea raiders and neighboring nations.

They enslave male armies they defeat, and use them as slaves in mines and fields. Once a woman wants a child, it is an interesting process. The first child born to the Wild Women must be from a son born of another amazon.

These amazonian men are second class citizens with menial tasks to do around the nation. Their children take the mother's family name. They are, however, paid by the mother for his "services".

Once the first child is born of a fellow amazonian, the mother may have as many children as she likes with who she pleases.

Although politicians keep 'pure' bloodlines, the general populace tends to select from very desirable slaves. The slaves are referred to as "thralls" and they are not required to be paid for fathering a child to a Wild Woman.

Women who have three or four girls, and no boys, are seen as blessed by the goddess. They are called "Ama Zonis" which means "without sons".

They are then put into a fervent religious order that seeks to defend their fellow women from the male menace.

On another note, the thralls are allowed to take up arms when the Wild Women see an offensive war as their only option to defend themselves. Though they camp, sleep, and eat chained together in massive gangs, they are let loose on the battlefield.

For the most part, they fear slavery and starvation more than they do the enemy army. They are great fodder.

The party playing in my setting now includes a woman - though the player is male - and the Wild Women were about to slay them all when "she" proclaimed them to be her personal thralls.

They welcomed her in, though were suspicious as to why a single woman could control four very capable and armed men.

Anyway, I fleshed out the Wild Women army and religion because they are currently spending all their time campaigning there. We're about to take part in a battle over a nearby river. Should be good.

I don't have any amazons per-say (though I may throw a matriarchal planet in somewhere), I have a slightly larger amount of female starship captains than you'd expect.
I do quite love the (pic unrelated) cool, proper female officer trope

I always thought of this as a way to expand on Catachans in 40k say a specialized group of female catachan fighters.

Though I think the IG already have an amazon regiment

How about "The Catachan 1st Castrators" for their regiment name

Who needs amazons, when you have dryads...

Our setting doesn't have amazons as such.

There are certain eastern tribes where male and female warriors have equal status, but beyond that there aren't really any all-female armies.

The closest thing to it was the Swan Guard, which was a unit of elite female knights acting as the bodyguard of some elven princess. Unfortunately, that princess ended up marrying the guy who was our BBEG at the time, and the Swan Guard was her dowry, so the party ended up having to fight them all trhough the BBEG's underground city, which didn't really end well for either side. Or the city itself, for that matter. Worse, a couple of them managed to get away and kept popping up as recurring antagonists later on.

They are the first take on Zerrikania from the tabletop, instead the generic Middle East shit provided by Witcher vidya.

Fuck all that connected with nature or some goddess

I prefer my amazons to be batshit insane

My centaurs are the Amazons of my setting. They're a mix of mongol and hussard tactics, with the smaller breed acting as horse cavalry and the larger one used to punch a hole through any weakness show. The territory they control being currently at peace they are mostly seen as mercenaries, until the current queen die and the inevitable succession war happen.

I mean, there's no reason not to, especially since a female Catachan is at LEAST as strong as a male guardsman of most other worlds. Catachans are fuckin STRONG, to the point where they're so large it is immediately apparent that they're Catachans when you look at them.

IIRC, they're about halfway between a Space Marine and a base human.

BABY OGRYNS

Whats kinda lame an official Catachan female from FFG was a fucking ripely clone when aliens had fucking Vasquez

"Hey Vasquez, ever been mistaken for a man?"

They don't exist. Neither do Elves anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=y7S1geveqVE
I like your style

>all that connected with nature or some goddess
Is that even a thing?

I think he means how alot of amazons seem to be in the jungle follow a goddess and are "spiritually guided"

I don't use Amazons (in the sense of an entire society of female warriors) per say but I do have an alliance of matriarchal city states. Pretty much
>City states elect one of their leaders to be Queen
>Only women and eunuchs are allowed to hold any sort of political power
>Military consists of male soldiers generally in the form of mercenaries and peasant levies with wealthy women often joining, always led by women (tend to stay in the rear in big chariots or war wagons where they can quickly move around but still be noticeable to their army).
>Military also has an elite corps of soldiers (akin to the Mamlukes or Janissaries) made up of the sons of noblewomen sent into the army.
>Tends to be mostly isolationist, content to get rich off trade but does sometimes launch raids for slaves and additional wealth
>Religion is a duality focused religion of light vs dark where their equivalent of the devil and god are pretty much equal in power
>Culture tends to have a big focus on modesty, particularly between the ages of 10-marriage for both men and women, covering pretty much everything except their eyes

I think this is an appropriate amount of muscle for an amazon compared to the FUCK HUEG chicks people like to draw

Long dead, their cities destroyed, their culture lost.

>Whats kinda lame an official Catachan female from FFG was a fucking ripely clone

She's still pretty damn ripped.

Also, females don't gain muscles like males do, especially on their upper body. Women can be pretty fucking strong and not look like it (those women who have an almost male body are seriously doped up and have to actively work to get that look specifically. it's not a natural phenomenon unless you're strictly working to get that sort of visible build).

A sub species of humanity that when breeding with humans results in an Amazon about 4/5 of the time, origin unknown but evidence suggests divine creation
Naturally stronger and sturdier than standard humans, as well as a tad bit more dexterous, but not quite as smart, mostly found in the south western jungles but recent expansions to the major trade routes have increased contact with and immigration between those lands and our own

"No. Have you?"

She had to little screen time such a shame we never got a colonial marines spin off movie

But we had a LOT of merchandise and a pretty good comics

This

This is the very reason why I don't like Aliens as a film - because it's what Hollywood is doing currently for past 10 years, only three decades ago:
"Hey, there was this great horror film! We should totally make a sequel! But we should first hand it over to some newcomer, so he will listen to our accountants! And make it an action flick, full of fighting sequences and one liners! It will totally work to pit the monsters against badass soldiers, after all it was a horror based on being weak, so what possibly could go wrong!"

Don't get me wrong. Aliens is a great film on itself.
But as a sequel to Alien it's a fucking joke. The plot within the series could've just jump from first film to third and then ended for good.

Im still sad we never got a Colonial Marines game.

Still in denial about the shitfest it ended up becoming?

POST AMAZONS

I DO NOT NEED TO REMEMBER THIS GAME

Tall, muscular and curvy with a love of shotas for some /ss/nu /ss/nu

Utterly Conquered, their culture destroyed and people turned into breeding slaves and/or bodyguards.

They're quite the sinister bunch. In essence theirs is a society that claims to harness (or at least attempted once to) all the positive qualities of both the sexes, but in truth only distilled all the negative traits of both the sexes... into women.

Amazons came to being when the goddess-worshipping, decadent and degenerate, ziggurat-raising civilizations of not-Mesopotamia were at last being conquered by their more barbaric, more vigorous and masculine neighbors. The priestessess of not-Mesopotamia together with their eunich acolytes fled the attackers on ships, travelling downstream into the vast ocean and beyond. Soon they were stricken by a storm, and left adrift for weeks, only to discover land far to the south-east.

These islands were already inhabited however, and conflict soon arouse between the invaders and the primitive natives. The invaders soon noticed that both men and women of the native tribes fought as warriors, and practised ritual cannibalism, which together with their harsh lifestyle, was believed to be the secret of their substantial physical fitness and fortitude.

When neither the invaders (with their cavalry, bronze weapons and armour) or the natives (with their superior numbers and physical strenght) could gain a decisive upper hand over the other, a truce was initiated. During the truce the priestessess of not-Mesopotamia seduced the native warrior women with promises of power, wisdom and divine prosperity, if only they chose to serve the goddesses of the invaders.

One by one, the tribeswomen of the native tribes made a secret covenant with the priestesses, believing their promises of longevity, eternal beauty and power. On the sacred night of the Goddess Istarte the women rouse up in arms, captured the menfolk in unison and hunted down the escapees and put them to the spear - a red offering their new deities.

The men left alive were reduced to mere breeding stock as slaves, those attempting to revolt or escape facing punishment of the cruelest variety. Following the example of the priestesses, the new amazon women set about to forming their society, with the those closest to the Goddess at the top, and those further from Her at the bottom.

The priestesses became the Trueborn, as it is said they are not conceived by any man, but born through the magic of their divine power (parthenogenesis), and thus have a lineage unsullied and unchanged throughout the millenia.

The women of the former tribal nobility became the Highborn, aristocratic land-owning warriors, who inherited the weapons, horses and armour brought by the invaders through their covenant.

The common womenfolk became the artisans, artists, scribes, hunters and high-ranking servants and aides to the Highborn, serving as levies and squares when called upon during times of turmoil.

The amazon lowlives and criminals find themselves as slavers, as the amazons see men as little as livestock, and thus those entrusted with their upkeep are no different than the shephards and pigherders of other nations.

As mentioned earlier, the priestesses of not-Mesopotamia noticed the cannibal tendencies of the original natives, and simply tweaked that custom to serve their witchcraft and purposes: in the amazon society, all male newborn infants are taken from their mothers to the temples of the Goddess, officially as a sacrifice or offering. Unofficially, the infant boys are infact killed by the priestesses in secret, their meat and organs cooked into a broth laced with mutagenic herbs and other blasphemous ingridients, which is then served to the young amazon girls studting and training in the temples as ''divine manna'', the secret of the physical strenght of the amazon women. Very few amazons besides the priestesses know of this sinister practise - as far as they know, the priestesses simply discard the baby boys down the seaside cliffs or burn them at the altars.

This kind of practise has the obvious downside of population control: because the amazons produce no male descendants they must continuously acquire male slaves from the neighboring cultures and societies, for both labour and breeding purposes.

They're a western nomadic horse tribe that controls vast swaths of territory. They aren't women only, but rather are led by a matriarichal upper class. The pyramid is:

Ruling class on top, women of the proper god-descended bloodline and martial training to be able to fight
Men in the middle, who make up the bulk of the military and society
Women who are too weak to fight, who get treated like garbage
Foreign slaves, who are treated like garbage no matter the gender.

Generally, the top class leads armies and pushes along the functioning of society as arbiters and law makers, and only rarely fights due to their importance. They are trained the same as any other warriors, though.

Basically they're the Gerudo mixed with Scythians. And they're for a Legend of Zelda game, so it works.

Negroe slaves from not-Africa are used to row the galleys of the amazon fleets, chained to their benches or to work in the plantations were non-black men would die from exposure to the tropical sun. Slaves from not-Indochina and not-Asia toil in the mines and quarries, where even the natural hardiness of their asiatic stock is pushed to their breaking point. Scholarly, educated and elderly slaves from not-Greek and not-Egypt are priced as mentors, tutors and teachers for Highborn amazon girls, while slaves from not-Scandinavia and not-Russia are priced as breeders above all, both due to their substantial physical stature and because of their aesthetical features: golden blonde hair is seen as a sign of royalty among amazons, and red-haired men are believed to produce exceptionally ferocious, red-haired amazon fighters.

This nigga gets it. The xenomorph is supposed to be incredibly dangerous but cause of the movie we see them as cannon fodder against humans and predators in those shitty cross over movies.

The Amazon military strength is based around the use of their large, slave-powered fleets, Highborn amazons fighting with swift chariots or as hard-hitting cavalry archers, the lower amazons fighting on foot as fleet-footed skirmishers, archers or savage gastraskizors, literally meaning ''stomach cleavers'' - shield bearing amazons armed with falcatas and plumbata; lead-weighted wardarts.

The amazons' strategies revolve around three main tenents: speed, precision and brutality. They favor nimble cavalry units and hit-and-run tactics for infantry as opposed to the phalanxes and tactics revolving around the use of armoured cavalry or heavy infantry. Missile weapons in the form of bows, javelins, war darts, throwable bladed discs (all of which are typically poisoned) and slings are favored over conventional lances and swords. When the amazons attack they strike without warning, typically killing the first village they come across down to the last man, woman and child, to inspire dread and outrage in equal measure. By the time the powers that be send their forces to respond, the amazons have already manouvered around them, in search of softer targets or to harass the enemy, chipping away and sapping their numbers and resolve, little by little, with guerilla-like tactics.

The Amazons' never ending need for more male slaves has them constantly attacking and raiding communities in not-India, not-Indochina, not-Africa and not-Arabia. As such they are universally despised and feared in equal measure in these lands, most people refusing to do trade or even interact with them in anyway. The exact location of the amazon motherland and isles is a carefully guarded secret of the amazons, and people can only speculate the aloof whereabouts of those islands from the general direction from where their fleets set sail forth, and where their ships are seen attacking sailors in greater concentration.

Being a society run by women, for women, the amazon society is rife with technological stagnation and cultural stailment, as women are not great innovators nor inventors, and the amazons are violently opposed to new, novel ideas and concepts, even in cases where they might be beneficial. Because of this the amazons produce and use horribly outdate, even archaic weapons and designs, using bronze whereas most other cultures are making use of iron, and building triremes when more advanced ship desings have been in use for centuries.

Amazons refer to non-amazon women as ''dissolutes'', as they are seen as spiritually corrupt and beneath themselves due to their submission, willing or otherwise, to men. Girls captured at an ealry age from non-amazon societies are sometimes trained by amazons to become cheap, fanatical footsoldiers (arrowfodder), but these are never regarded as true amazons by their ''benefactors''. Amazons tend to be extremely xenophobic and avoid interaction with these dissolutes as much as necessary, and kill any non-amazon women on their islands on sight.

Outside the immidiate reach of amazons, in lands further from their islands, they are regarded as merely a myth, a hoax, or the tall tales of drunken sailors, most self-respecting scholars pointing out that ships disappear in the waters to the south-east because of storms all the time, not because of some pirating, spear-chucking women from an imaginary land.

In short, the amazons are society of twisted self-image, narcissism and female ego run rampant: they see themselves as the most technologically advanced culture, when in fact they are horribly outdated. They see themselves as the most peaceful society, free from ''the warlike nature of man'', when in fact they are themselves constantly at war - if not with their surrounding civilizations, then with each other, as different Highborn houses compete with one another over the ownership of the islands. They see themselves as the most magnanimous and benevolent civilization in the world, when in fact they torture, imprison and slave men to their deaths, rob their own daughters of their feminity and chance to form love with men or families, and even devour their own sons - literally.

>have males in the society
>they don't take over
?

In my setting, there is a single country ruled by them (lazily named amazonia). There are also male amazons actually and they are most of the time treated like equal to women. In the past they were more like standard amazons, they thought that all men were inferior to them but it changed after decades of a men's civil rights movement and a civil war.

You apparently confused Veeky Forums with /pol/

/this

I mean wtf? Are they all castrated or something?

>Colonial Marines game

That's CoD-clone down to the core

>Not getting the joke

Perhaps it was only polite to disregard an unfunny joke as such altogether as a failure to induce humour.

Not gonna lie, while it's obvious you put a lot of work into this, my eyes started glazing over about halfway through, you may want to abbreviate your write up a bit and/or separate into to subsections to make it less dry

>But as a sequel to Alien it's a fucking joke. The plot within the series could've just jump from first film to third and then ended for good.

idk, the Alien is a huge killing machine but the Nostromo was full of unarmed engineers. Earth is full to the brim with huge predators that would fuck up a group of people no problem, but would easily fall en masse to a group of prepared humans.

Nothing about Aliens prevents anyone making a proper horror sequel to the original. Just take away the guns (stands for any horror movie). We can have our cake and eat it too.

Predators need to fuck off though. They're cool, but they ruin the Aliens dynamic.

1) Pastebin is a thing, you know?
2) This needs a serious overhaul, because as for now, it's a classic fantasy heartbreaker set in quasi-ancient times.

I'm a non-english speaker, so I thought my typos would have been the issue and not the abbreviations.

Also
>4 mins of writing
>a lot of work

Nigga try writing a novel, that's a lot of work.

>it's a classic fantasy heartbreaker set in quasi-ancient times.

That's precisely the setting and tone user.

In my setting, warrior women aren't quite as uncommon, or as much a novelty, as in most. Something between magic and genetics has made it so that there's just a bigger proportion of women being born as mean-tempered and powerful slabs of meat conducive to violent actions, and a good few of the less oversized women are still wiry and bitchy enough to find long and fruitful careers as soldiers or guards.

However, there's a few cultures that weight their militaries one way or another, and three of those that I've yet written are on the "more women" side of things.

One is a group that simply undervalues strength compared to grace-- They're located in a forest that prolongs their lives and all of their warriors have trained longer than a normal person would be able to. Combined with natural defenses and isolation, they've found over the centuries that a woman's body befits their style of fighting.

Another really, really loves archers and is somewhat famous for its ladies of the bow. It's not really clear why there's that gender gap, but nobody's really keen to correct them.

The third is more classically "Amazon", and those are a breed of exceptionally large people of both genders, who have what could be called a matriarchal society because they worship the Earth-mother and their village elders are mostly women. However, their soldiers are a fairly balanced mix of genders and despite being fairly well-trained and physically impressive, they're primitive and survive mostly because invasion isn't much of an option for anybody.

>Heartbreaker
>Being proud of it

I don't understand

Human subrace. They have a caste based society notable for having women taking the role of warriors, and the royal families are matriarchal. In combat they're characterized by arms and armor forged of enchanted bronze and using sinister poisons on their weapons. They tend towards siege warfare in large scale conflicts, and the larger cities are capable of surviving cut off from the rest of the world for a decade at a time. They have an alliance with the nation of Felis, whose famed assassins use Amazonian poisons to great effect.

Its a scifi setting, so not true amazons, but there is a gynarchy.

I designed it as a challenge to see if I could make one that didn't sound retarded, but have become quite happy with it.

Ill give it to you in focused bullets because this thread is flooded with walls of world-building text.

>Only women can own property and, by extension, only women can hold political power or handle money.
>Only men can do (most forms of) labor, engineering, or soldiering.
>Political power is distributed in what basically amounts to a microconfederacy, "houses" function as nearly sovereign independant states which mostly only must cooperate with other "houses" for the purpose of dealing with foreign threats. They are also strongly united by religion (art worship), however, so the infighting isn't unmanageable (yet). And houses can be sub-houses of greater houses, creating a rough feudal system.

You wind up with a society run by "voting with you feet" where women try to set up desirable communities to attract men to live in so that the men can actual produce and grow the community. Men like being in smaller communities where they are more likely to be more appreciated as much as in larger, already powerful communities, so it distributes well. Matriarch are wise motherly figures with unparalleled skill at managing the interpersonal relationships of her "house" to ensure every stay cooperative and the community stays attractive to outsiders looking for a home.

Women are under tremendous presure to be feminine, as they must attract male workers, but are also raised to be hyper responsible and shrewd, since society expects them to handle real power of their own. Likewise, while most foreign cultures think of them as a bunch of submissive sissies, the men are actually very proud and masculine, able to focus the entirety of their energy of masculines tasks rather than "pinny pinching" and also having to rely on seeming desirably to females in order to secure favor in a good community.

You know I can dig it

All we need is the not-Spanish to invade the islands since these amazons seem act like Aztecs

>these amazons seem act like Aztecs

I usually think of amazons as a greek thing

Dubs know what's going on.

My amazons are inspired mostly by the (mythical) scythian women, the macedonians and the fictional Rakyat people from Ubisoft's Far Cry 3.

I wanted them to have an unique blend of actual historical matriarchies (which were all pretty damn awful), with obvious hellenistic influences but with an exotic twist as well.

Picture unrelated, it's from Far Cry 4 but whatever.

Heartbreaker intensifies

>didn't check my trips of three

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Amazon

Their warriors are all chicks with giant fucking cocks they ride terror birds you see.

also they have huge benis :-DDD

Social conditioning is a hell of a thing. Look at North Korea for a fantastic example of that.

>using a country run by men as an example how women might do so as well

Couldn't get lower quality to match your post

You know Eastern Europe has a group of women who live in the mountains who wanted to live a life without the support of a man.

Might be Albanians or something but its definitively near Macedonia

>Fantasy setting
>Have dragons nearby
>They don't take over

>Heartbreaker
I am unfamiliar with this term

A "fantasy heartbreaker" is, as I understand, a setting into which the creator clearly poured their heart and soul. However, they poured all their inspiration and love into a pre-made mold of "generic fantasy, dnd style" which forced it to follow certain conventions that really do nothing to benefit the unique aspects of the setting, and which obscure the unique, inspired aspects of the setting behind a ton of stuff which the average fantasy reader is already bored of. Thus, despite all the love and inspiration, the setting fails to receive any notable attention or appreciation from anyone other than the maker, which presumably breaks their heart.

As the user who originally accused this for being a heartbreaker, I couldn't word this better

>A "fantasy heartbreaker" is, as I understand, a setting into which the creator clearly poured their heart and soul.
>their heart and soul.

And you called my setting a heartbreaker(???)

You are missing the point.
It's about trying so badly to be unique and special it udoes itself.

>Amazons
>special

I've thought they're rather generic. they're hardly unique or special.

Just because they're not exactly the same as in Xena: Warrior Princess or some other show anons love to watch while they touch themselves doesn't mean looking the whole ''warrior women culture'' from different angles is the same as reinventing the wheel.

>Post long-ass descirption nobody cares about
>It's a mix of weird-ass shit and generic schlock
>Starts to pretend he doesn't care either when called on heartbreaker

Yeah, it's a heartbreaker for sure

>>Post long-ass descirption nobody cares about

That's basically more than half of the entire forum board.

>>Starts to pretend he doesn't care
>replying to bs is the same as caring

Wow you sure got me there buddy, hook, line and sinker.

look, you're not going to get anywhere with that approach
you get hit by overly aggressive anons your only two options are to stay silent, or trick them into having a serious conversation even though they started out baiting

Summer in action

Don't spoil the fun. Heartbreakers are always fun when you point them out

>summerfags mirroring their own faggotry on others

I fucking hate amazons but that's just weak user

Not a heartbreaker. The information is generic, but palatable and with little distinguishing details that the reader can process quickly without effort before their focus lapses.

Not a heartbreaker. Starts from a conceptual state rather than a conventional one, so that the detail (if executed well, user kept it breif so its hard to tell) feels necissary and explorative. If done poorly it can be unpalatable and fail, or end up circling back to convention.

Heartbreaker. Overflowing with detail used to construct a concept everyone is allready on board with. The detail ends up feeling like a memorization obstical rather than a new experience.

>Sorry didnt mean to have a name on

Or at least that is what I believe the point is, in honesty, I think "fantasy heartbreaker" really requires the work to be complete, published, and unknown. If it is still a work in progress, it doesn't seem fair to call it such as it could, in theory, be executed so well that it succeeds despite the argued flaws.

None of these things are heartbreakers, because your definition of a heartbreaker is wrong.

An actual heartbreaker is a full game, sometimes with a setting and sometimes not, that is a collection of a long standing group of D&D houserules or an attempt to "fix" D&D, with the ultimate result of a game that is almost exactly like D&D with one or two major changes that don't really change much in the end. It's called a heartbreaker because it originates from a late 90's early 2000's trend of hundreds of these games being announced as the next big thing, at least in the minds of their creators, and never selling. It doesn't have much to do with setting at all.

My amazon are all monstergirls

Aren't amazons an actual thing on their own in Monster Musume?

this is a man of good taste.

They are

Essentially they are brown elves in the jungle I never understood it either

Much like how YU gi ohs amazons cards are brown elves

>D&D fags yet again prove they are bunch of narcisstic hicks incapable of realising there are TTRPGs other than their game

They are the Not!Greeks. Hundreds of years ago three concurrent daemonic invasions all but wiped out their armies, and therefore their men.
This led to a the city states of Not!Greece adopting more matriarchal policies, which continue to this day.
At the present they are in a Golden Age, with all city states unified under a Not!Alexandra the Great.

That just sounds like normal Greeks...
That's not my fetish, that's not my fetish at all...

Monster Girl encyclopedia

They havent showed up yet in musume though

CoDs tend to work as intended doe

>Amazons and monster girls are alike

Is this like deeper meaning or like they can turn into monsters

See
and

there are matriarchal societies in our day and age.
I mean, they are poor and pretty shit, and don't dont control any countries, but they do exist.

They're a mini-giantess hermaphroditic demi-human race. As a society they worship Gaia, but place an emphasis on predation and the tooth and claw aspects of nature. Politically they're organized in a loose tribal confederation held together by the strongest leader who holds power as long as she can hold power. Raiding is the main driving force of the economy, with purer blooded amazons, who are larger and stronger, leading war parties into civilized lands. More often that not, they're simply after slaves though they're not above plundering other objects of value. They breed often and quickly, but given their violent nature they're unable to do more than be a constant nuisance to larger countries.