Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/odYOE
docs.google.com/document/d/10Jwv3vO27qPtUNcb4ntNN8H7EkcdtUlF3_xuKbf6R0Q/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Since the last general was shit

>First for
Seriously DSP Akashic Mysteries is over a month late, what the fuck man?

DEUS VULT

Crimson Totem-using Daevic?

Thank you! So, advice for a horror related game, do you think it is possbile to blend several types of horror together in a signle game?

Also, any upcoming releases that we might be interested in?

Make a gosh darn thread topic, at least!

/pfg/, tell me about your cohorts, please! Ones gained through leadership, fellow players who were playing as a cohort, or just lackeys you picked up.

Armor thread? ARMOR THREAD

Really like this girl's boots.

Might consider asking Gareth if he's around. I bet it's in layout hell. That or gencon delayed it.

Well if you really want to know about my bloody adventures, we are a ragtag of losers that somehow managed to reach lvl 8, we destroyed a Shrine of Urgathoa, there is a fucking bumblasted cult and goddess wanting our hearts, we have to figure out the cure for whatever cancer/aids/ebola shit they were brewing in that shrine and we have a fucking Plague Dragon to hunt down since he is the motherfucking tool to spread that shit.

MAXIMUM ARMOR.

Question, is there any PF class/prestige class that's good for faking a paladin?
Like someone who's not a paladin pretending to be so?

The group I GM for has picked up a pair of mad scientists and a naive newborn AI as cohorts. They've been dragging them around using the mad scientists for their knowledge and trying to keep them out of trouble, and just being nice and friendly to the AI in a robot body.

Aww yiss. Mother fuckin armor.

Always liekd the armor in this, never found a chance to use the image tho

One thing I always wanted to do, both for Pathfinder and for 3.5, is have a separate mechanic for tracking minions. The trouble with Leadership and such is that if it is allowed, then it is the most powerful thing around because an extra set of actions is a big deal. So instead of Leadership feats and class features like Special Mount, Familiar and Animal Companion (each OP asf), I want to write a system for minions that either everybody gets or nobody gets. That way, it is fair. So a wizard will start with a familiar, a druid an animal, a Fighter a squire, a rogue an underling, a Paladin a special mount and so on.

Chevaliers get a little bit of paladin abilities.

Maybe an Anti-paladin archetype that lets you fake as one? I think they may have a fake alignment spell on their list? I know Harbingers can fake their alignment, but they lack the proficiencies.

Okay, I made a folder of the stuff that got posted last thread.

imgur.com/a/odYOE

I think that's everything. If not I give up, I don't want to do this anymore.

I like my armor overly fantastical.

Evangelist?

ARMOR YOU SAY?

STOP MAKING THEM WITHOUT A DISCUSSION TOPIC YOU DUMB FAGGOT!

You could work it into the story where everyone gets leadership, but only the followers as an organization, which the cohort leads in your absence. They wouldn't help out in combat, but they could help out with plot, hooks, and the like. Just don't charge them a feat and it should work.

We appreciate all you've done for us, valiant user.

People are discussing armor and knights now choke on a dick

>weaing makeup for war

bitch is fucking stupid and doesnt understand the sweat of battle is going to smear that shit all over the place and fuck up with her vision.

Fucking retarded shitter

Bah, don't thank me, just someone else gather them up next time. Thank the person who posted it.

Over the top in all it's glory, I will crush you through the sheer weight of my armored covered horse!

Is there a Swordmaster build? A talented fighter with a beloved sword that relies heavily on quick movements and evasion to deal damage, as well as using the sword to disarm and trip his opponents with smooth movements?

Im guessing its a fighter with a fuck load of feats but i dont know

For Knights, Cavalier is closest we will ever get, but does anyone else think they are a bit underwhelming?

I DO SAY

>not having magic makeup that always stays neat and tidy

user do you even high-level adventurer

Tehcnically that was supposed to be Swashbuckler, but that didn't work. So yeah, Fighter is the closest these days.

In my Iron Gods game I made all the futuristic armor my players picked up based on sci fi stuff. Mass Effect Armor, Warframe Armor, breastplates were Saiyan armor, ect.

Good shit.

If Paizo only: Slayer, with maybe a Swashbuckler dip. Fighter might work if you Minmax it a lot.

For 3pp, a Landschnect from PoW.

So what's a good build you folks can come up with using the stuff in Armor Master's Handbook?

Joining a Rise of the Runelords game and looking for sugestions of fun concepts.
Level 7, Paizo only, 20 point buy.
Two other players and we get two PCs each.
Others have:
Necromacer arcanist and conjuration wizard. So many minions.
Brawler and oracle, not sure on details.

Never played the AP before but jave been warned there are a lot of maps with very littl space, so not sure what to build given the minion master plus the other player having decent melee and support.

Learned Duelist Fighter works if you've got AWTs to play with. Get yourself some Trained Grace and Gloves of Dueling and you're sorted.

Ornstein has the best armor.

Would you people STOP BREAKING THE LAW! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO LIFT THIS AXE OVER EIGHTY TIMES A DAY? I GO TO BED FEELING LIKE I'VE BEEN RUN OVER BY ^&^&-ING TARRASQUE

Agreed. After Artorias

Angels don't operate like humans, they're effectively Mentats, Lucifer acted in perfect reason; he wasn't cast down, he chose* to fall.

* God purposely created angels outside of Heaven so they would have absolute free will (like humans), but because they were created in beatitude they are nobler.

Depends. Paizo Only or 3pp allowed?
Because personally, I think a Fiendbound Marauder with Shield Gauntlet Style

>he chose* to fall.
Excuse me, but that sounds like bullshit.

Ornstein > Artorias.

Golden lion armor with an electric spear and a bitching blood-red mane beats sweaty blue edge-cloaks!

>Telephone pole made of blood
What?

Got any writeups for the stuff? I'm running it too, and I'd like some more futuristic armor I can toss in there. The stuff in Technology Guide seems really lacking in some basic essentials.

Corrupted creature of the dark that spews out liquid evil and does crazy overhead flip beats Knight who serves as a power-up for a fat guy with a hammer.

In all seriousness, both rock.

What if we ported over the Book of Nine Swords?
Not PoW.

Basically I just said "it's like Mass effect armor" for Mithril full plate or when they found breastplates on tech guys I described Saiyan armor. That kind of stuff. Nothing fancy.

"hey reynauld, your shoelaces are untied"

"AWW, FUCK, I STABBED MYSELF WITH MY HELM AGAIN"

Why?

Last thread wasn't bad, then it devolved onto fedora tipping.

He only serves as a powerup for a fatguy with a hammer if you're a chump.

Git gud.

>Chevaliers get a little bit of paladin abilities.
Possibly, though I'm looking for something that's more than three levels, if nothing else it + barbarian might work for the NPC

>Maybe an Anti-paladin archetype that lets you fake as one? I think they may have a fake alignment spell on their list? I know Harbingers can fake their alignment, but they lack the proficiencies.
Unlikely, the idea isn't something that's evil, just convinced themselves they're a paladin despite having no god, isn't LG, nowhere near the disciple to follow the code, and prone to causing more trouble than they'd solve

That could work, would have to make custom boons given they follow a mix of ancestor worship and half understood dogma from about 4 different gods

Because the content therein is superior to PoW.

Cause it somehow managed to be better balanced than Path of War despite taking 5 years less to write.

Let's say Paizo-only, makes it more of a challenge.

Are Brawlers any good?

I played one in a quick game at GenCon and it seemed fun.

That's subjective. If you want to port it over it's easy enough. Change concentration to a different skill, modify the skills each classes gain. (possibly) change how the CMB/CMD maneuvers work.

As long as he believes in his mismash strongly enough to be devoted to it, Evangelist should work.

Might defeat the purpose of just pretending to be a paladin, though.

>He only serves as a powerup for a fatguy with a hammer if you're a chump.

Everyone knows 16-foot tall Ornstein a best.

Hello again everyone, Creator of the Blood Reaver, Seneschal, and Lord of the LAsh here again.

Once again, asking for help in critiquing and advice on my current project: The Eagle Eye Sniper. An Initiating Archetype for the Slayer specializing in Sniping.
>docs.google.com/document/d/10Jwv3vO27qPtUNcb4ntNN8H7EkcdtUlF3_xuKbf6R0Q/edit?usp=sharing

As always, please don't be shy to give critique, criticism, comments, or anything else of that nature. I'm open to comments both here on Veeky Forums and on the Google Doc

Also, since I'm almost done with my next project, in the future expect my new Gunslinger Archetypes: The Demolitions Experts and Temporal Trigger

This guy knows what's up. However, the Wizards are professional game designers, lack of greatness notwithstanding.

Why the fuck would you want to torture people like that?

No, no it's really not.
Cheers for the suggestions though.

You're as bad if not worse than DepressedHomebrewer and EhnJolly and the other freaks.

People who make interesting things are freaks? What are you doing with your life huh? Asking people on an anonymous forum how they'd redo something that's already been remade, "except that doesn't count and I just want a direct 1-to-1 port because my opinions are right", without doing any real work yourself?

It's almost like the PoW team was a pile of incompetents until they hired an editor, then let her write some of the content too.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w

Come all you young autist men
Listen to me
I'll sing you a song of the 'shit Mysteries

And its TRAP-FILLED VEIL LISTS, boys
NO PLAYTESTING, boys
When it uploads
We'll bantz together, boys

There's a race here with
Plus 4 Int and flight
Thick-headed Ssalarn, boys, publish he goes!

I really like them. Lots of fun punching the shit out of things one moment and then dumping half a dozen combat maneuver-related conditions on them the next.

Your cretinism is showing. And neither your nor PoW's shit is interesting or well done.

>No, no it's really not.
>Cheers for the suggestions though.
It kind of is, I prefer the PoW classes. Though it wouldn't be the first time I've been told all my opinions are objectively bad. As for the other suggestions I don't recall anything else that needs to be changed? Oh, you'll want to change swordsages to not have 6x6+int skill points at first level.

No seriously, what makes N.Jolly or homebrewers freaks? Give me a definition.

I'm
I talk a lot of shit about Path of War, shit that it deserves. Its lack of balance, it failing to live up to certain design goals, the inconsistent writing, ect

Those are all points that it deserves to be knocked on.

Calling it not interesting though? It making shit interesting is like 90% of the reason I still allow some Path of War material at my table!

The fuck is wrong with you? We get another dev to come here regularly and you shit on them? Back up those hot opinions fuckboy.

How was your weekend, /pfg/? Was it as enjoyable as you hoped? Anything interesting happen in-game or out-of-game?

I ran my game! I've had issues with one player disappearing, and another player having awful internet connection! This time the internet was finally fixed, and the drop out showed up! I was able to continue playing, and the best part is the internet issue player is also my DM for a different game, so I'll be able to play again! I'm hopeful again~

I saw the Suicide Squad movie with some people from my gaming group. It was everything I hoped for and less.

Guys, just ignore the shitter, please.

How much 3.5 material do you allow in your games?

>Hey GM, this is my Wizard

Case-by-case basis, although anything that isn't clearly overpowered or a by-the-numbers handbook selection is usually allowed.

I've given up.

I've utterly given up on ever hoping for a campaign, much less one that's actually compelling.

Your adorable fluffy ears and mischievous fox eyes won't make me feel better, Fennec-user.

>Wizard
>Posts a Vigilante (Magical Child)

Change it.

My vitalist cracked the secrets to the Harmonic Resonance feat and began stealing everyone else's cool powers.

The first thing she did was use minor metamorphosis to make herself look taller and more mature.

Wizards can wear cute clothes too!

>I will never get to play half of the builds I want to play because everyone in my group is too busy for more than one campaign at once and I'm one of only two people in the group willing to GM

Save me.

>vigilante (magical child)

You mean the Korean knockoff unchained summoner "pet class"?

I wasn't able to play in my non-IRC game because my computer is slowly killing itself, but I got to spend a lot of time with my family, so that was nice.

>mfw I get to play my dream build in a campaign designed to stroke your fat ego-dick with plentiful solo scenes

Magical child is one of the worst 1pp ways to actually play a magical girl.
False branding.

Please give me that prunus girl picture. I want it.

> KCQ reader

Are you one of the fucking pedophiles or one of the good ones?

Run it using the Spheres of Power changes in Vigilantes of Skyborne.

>Not a Gonzo 2 Magical Girl

WHEN THE FUCK DID I WALK ONTO THE SET OF 'MEET THE PLEEBS'?

KCQ?

As soon as you visited www.Veeky Forums.org

Don't play dumb, I know where that image is from.

I just found it on google images.

Yo! Guys, I need some character-building help. I'm getting into a tabletop pathfinder game next week and I need to build the crunch for a cleric. I basically want to play a Stannis who looks like OP's pic. Can I get some help on this?

Rules and restrictions:
Anything in the Paizo SRD is fine and will fly without question. There's more than enough there to work with, I haven't really played anything D&Dish for near on ten years and don't want to deal with supplements unless it's something really interesting and nifty. If it's a fairly common, well-enough balanced supplement, the DM will probably be okay with it. If it's super esoteric or cheesy I don't really want to deal with it. Nobody else's character is optimized so this one doesn't have to be super-optimized. I'm already playing a full-caster, power is not an issue. Character is Lawful Neutral, strong focus on justice and caring more about ends than means. I think it'd be cool to do that thing where you're healed by negative energy, and have my cleric channel negative energy, but it's not necessary if it doesn't fit with the gods that fit the character.

Honestly, I looked at the Paizo SRD and how big it was and I was like 'wut'. I could use a hand with this. :(

I had the weirdest dual-tech possible after the party monk shot himself out of a ballista amd kicked a white dragon's head down onto my sword. It was awesome, but I can't help but feel like it was a waste of the fire breath potion our soulknife drank when the fight started.

Eh? No, I'm asking what it is. I'm not that poster!

He means KanColle Quest.

And you can find the image by putting "can't wake up" into google images or even knowyourmeme anyway, so that's dumb too.

Oh, kancolle. Gross.

How can I introduce sex into my game so my political intrigue campaign becomes like Game of Thrones?