Warhammer 40k General

Avoid Talking About Actually Having Fun Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

IA14>CSM

What do you guys think of my list?
+ HQ +

Big Mek ['Eavy Armour, Choppa, Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Shokk Attack Gun]

Big Mek ['Eavy Armour, Choppa, Gubbinz: Mega Force Field, Slugga, Warlord]

+ Elites +

Tankbustas [3x Bomb Squig, 5x Tankbusta]

+ Troops +

Boyz
Boss Nob [Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga]
11x Boy [11x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]

Boyz
11x Boy [11x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]

Boyz
11x Boy [11x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]

+ Heavy Support +

Lootas [5x Loota]
Trukk [Big Shoota]

Lootas [5x Loota]
Trukk [Big Shoota]

Mek Gunz [10x Extra Gretchin, 5x Kustom Mega-kannon]

+ Fortification +

Aegis Defense Line [Ammunition Dump, 6x Barricades] benis :D

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS FUN

Personally I would try and find room for bikes, but their is nothing glaringly wrong with the list, maybe cut down on boyz to make room for better shit, but at least they aren't nobs.

>Tau are a shooty race
>BS3

Tankbustas want a trukk more than lootas do.

Same with IG

Tau have laser pointers and rerolling shenanigans.

I'm gonna be doing some Star Phantoms soon, and i'm gonna be building a skyhammer, like a bitch
what mark of armour should i make the devastators and assault marines of? dont really want to just run with the regular devastator models as they're pretty boring

Dont forget absurd formations, on demand ignores cover, JSJ abuse, and MC's + GC's. And the worst playerbase in the hobby.

MkIV, they are actually used in modernity and available on the cheap in Calth.

Is unbound more competitive? With formations you can get lots of extra rules and extra points, so it's not really balanced.

Newer blood Angel player who's been posting lately.
So I talked him down to three hundred and got a better deal on the lot to start everything with so I will be good till 2000pts easily.
As I've said my friends play KDK, DE, Imperial Guard and Space Wolves so here is my list

HQ (125pts)

Chaplain (125pts)
>[Auspex, Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Jump pack, The Veritas Vitae, Warlord]

+ Elites (455pts) +

Death Company Dreadnought (125pts)
>[Magna-grapple, Meltagun and storm bolter, Power Fists]

Death Company Squad (330pts)
>[4x Bolt Pistol, 2x Bolter, 8x Chainsword, 10x Death Company Marine, 2x Hand Flamer, 2x Infernus Pistol, Jump Pack, 2x Power Fist]

+ Troops (230pts) +

Scout Squad (70pts)
>[Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts, 4x Sniper Rifle]
Scout Sergeant
>[Sniper Rifle]

Tactical Squad (160pts)
>[Grav-gun, 4x Tactical Marine]
Razorback
>[Twin Linked Heavy Bolter]
Tactical Sergeant
>[Bolt Pistol, Combi-Grav]

+ Fast Attack (35pts) +

Drop Pod (35pts)
> [Storm Bolter]

+ Heavy Support (150pts) +

Baal Predator (150pts)
>[Heavy bolters, Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin-linked Assault Cannon]

I can dedicate the drop pod to the dreadnaugh in a CAD or use it as fast attack for the flesh tearers. I ordered shield of baal.

I will first be facing my friends dark elder.

You can have both.

And interceptor so you can't even alpha strike them properly.

Try to get another HQ at some point, and use the Chaplain as a Lemartes Chaplain to buff a Death Company.

rate my kroot kill team list (playing with official rules, not HoR since it's at a GW store)

Kroot Carnivores - 199
Sniper Rounds
3 Krootox Riders
Shaper w/ carbine
7 Hounds

mk2 and 3, dirt cheap chinacast that looks way cooler than regular marines.

Welcome to the 40k general, please, have a seat and lurk for a while before posting.

Why do you fags hate Tau so much?

All I read is Taufags this, Taufags that, can't you fucks find something better to complain about?

The time you spend bitching is time you could spend getting gud, it's not like tau are invincible, we just have better players.

Recycled bait, have a (you).

Seams fine, might scrap the shaper for more dudes, might cut down on hounds for more dudes.

None of those posts suggest new. You might be a retard.

Not him, but failing utterly to detect an old joke and replying in earnest screams newfriend.

Dude just play HoR, it is so much better. Unless the redshirt is a hardcore tard, I doubt he'll sweat you. We just play HoR and if we need to look something up, the pdf's are on our phones.
GW Kill Team is so bad, so easy to powergame and make out of control lists. Not to mention HoR has waaaay better, more balanced lists. And the flavor lists like Rogue Traders that dont even exist in GW rulesets.

HoR is by far the best way to play WH40k right now.

>rvarna
>doing anything
>much less against Knights
Top kek
Should be yvhara
Rvarnas only destroy hordes of 4+ Armor Or worse units

Nope
HoR is just as flawed as 40k and always will be if it keeps using 40ks shitty system

Like anyone doesnt recognize:
>I2
>melee race

Assuming that all three of the posts that retard quoted didnt know that played out meme? Thats the newest reply in this thread. Im gonna go out on a limb and say they just wanted to bitchpost about the faggot army. Because thats what happens here. Perhaps you are new and unfamiliar.

I did bring in the pdfs for HoR one time and the blackshirt DID sweat it, although he's a nice guy--he's just generally very cautious about unofficial things because of bad shit that's happened to other places when regional dudes walk in to check on the store.

Most of the storegoers are pretty chill too. Moderately competitive, but in it for fun most of all.

So what could I use for to give my space marines a desert nomad vibe, like a old bedouin look?

Don't know what you faggots are talking about, but I was just pointing out that Tau have ways to improve their shitty BS and orks have no way to improve their shitty initiative. So the meme doesn't work when you apply it to tau.

Buy some Tallarn Desert Raiders and play IG.

What is the lore-accurate relationship between Space Wolves and Ultramarines?

I emphasize the "lore accurate" part. I don't want an answer of "lol ultras think wolves are furfags, and wolves think ultras are boyscouts XDXDD". Something serious and accurate please.

The only OP lists in HoR are Eldar, Tau, and Mechanicum. Which can be abused hard. We just ended up banning all 3 in out campaigns due to retards showing up with powerlists trying to shit up out games.
Psykers are dialed way back. Elite units are restricted. Spamming the best units isnt possible.

Ive been playing HoR regularly for about 6 months. It is a huge improvement on the 40k ruleset. My only complaint is that assault is simply not viable, as they inexplicably nerfed it. But if you can accept that, GW Kill Team and 40k dont hold a candle to HoR.

What the fuck is HoR?

Just put the pdfs on your phone, and play it cool. As long as you arent making it blatantly obvious, Im sure most redshirts will be cool about it.

Heralds of Ruin
blog site that made rules for ki;l team that arent (too) autismal

>armor cape
>head/neck wrap
>arab inspired shit hanging on them

Hey, does anyone talk about rogue trader any more? my gm wants to run it, is it a good system?

Heralds of ruin kill team rules

HoR is Heralds of Ruin, basically Kill-Team rules that isn't made 10 years ago, and is made by actual people who aren't GW. Seriously just play it, it's actually really fucking good.

The gist of it is that you play 250 point games, where you purchase units on an individual model basis, of anywhere from 4 to 25 models(Although in most cases you will rarely ever go above 10).

You have 1 'team leader', which is a sergeant or debuffed HQ choice from the original codexes, with an extra wound slapped on.

You have 1 to 20 'Core' choices

and 0 - 3 'special' choices, which are stuff like terminators, sternguard veterans, or crisis suits.

Heralds of Ruin Kill Team. It's a variation on the GW Kill Team game.

They have all the 40k armies, a couple 30k armies, and a couple unique armies. They take units from the codexes, sometimes modifying point values, available loadouts, and upgrade costs.
They limit psykers to 1 ML, and only 1 power available to them, which is typically unique to HoR, and not game changing. The army lists are restricted to 1 HQ, however many troops, and 0-3 (or 0-5 depending on army) elites. It uses modified 40k rules, that make more sense, cut out the bullshit, and play much faster.

Its the most fun Ive had playing 40k in years. And at 10-20ish models per team, building a few different teams has been fun and doesnt take forever. It also has expansion rules for transports if you choose. And a Necromunda inspired campaign system.

Play it, you will be very happy.

Yeah but nobody else plays HoR that plays KT sized games.

Be the change you want to see.

Nah Im just being a dick. That sucks though man, you guys are missing out. After playing HoR, if I had to use GW's KT rules, I just wouldnt play at all.

I'm in the process of making a Rogue Trader list with all of my armies at the moment, with some luck I'll get the guys at the flgs to also play some RT in the near future.

I like the system, a bit complex with things like vehicles but very flexible in most regards, new units are very easy to put in and most of the newer editions bloat is nowhere to be seen.

There's rules for mutations and creating your own custom characters, as well as a bestiary for an optional GM to add a third party factor.

Since there is no default unit composition or size and a model can be given pretty much everything you can have things such as melta gun jump units, lasgun wielding Marines or imperial Guard all equipped with bows.

A goofy, fun ruleset, with solid gameplay and interesting mechanics.

They're in good terms despite codex deviation, Guilliman had high respect for leman Russ and counted him as a member of the "dauntless few", which were the primarchs with whom he thought if both legions worked together no enemy would stand a chance against their combined forces.

And only now I realize you must be talking about the RPG and not 1e 40k which was also called Rogue Trader.

Go to the 40k RPG general if so, here we only discuss the wargame.

Anyone have an opinion on where the best looking power fist comes from?
trying to kit out a captain and just planning a conversion

Guy at my FLGS just bought some Centurions... fuck me, have you looked at the rules for those? It's basically my Obliterators on steroids, for less points. Who's dick do I have to suck for the 7th edition chaos update?

That is a several year old meme, shitposter-kun.

If you can't tell, and you are legitimately an old timer here, then you are just a massive idiot, and I feel so sorry for you. Must be tough being that stupid.

As a Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons player, their Psyker rules are ass. CC still sucks balls, and it will has its own power builds.

Can someone mathammer 20 BS5 Autocannon Tank Hunter shots versus 10 BS5 Lascannon Tank Hunter shots for me?

Trukkz are always going fast, and should be more focused on getting their boyz to melee than shooting. Don't shell out for the big shootas.
Consider having one Boss Nob drop the Klaw and grab a Big Choppa. Use that group for softer targets.

Use leftover points to give tankbustas a trukk, Remove bomb squigs to add more tankbustas.

Against?

I am in the dev groups for a couple of armies and the core rules.

It's a fucking autistic shit fest.

Literal shitposting and terrible rules ideas (combined Ogryn, Beastmen, Fealid, Squat list was posted in the Squat group recently) are treated seriously and then when people shoot them down the people stop helping and go around bitching which slows everybody else down.

It's committee writing so it will be awful when it's done.

Shoot, sorry.

AV11, 12, 13, 14.

MEQ and TEQ.

Autocannon does better at 11 and 12. Lascannon does better at everything else.

Does removing from both tankhunter make an impact at all?

Got it, thanks. How close/far were the differences?

And assuming the autocannons are 320 and the Lascannons are 470, which should I take in order to be more efficient points-wise?

AV11 0.833 HP per auto, 0.694 per las
AV12 both do 0.556
AV13 0.278 HP auto, 0.417 las

Lascannon has chance to instant kill over auto in all cases.

MEQ 0.463 wounds auto, 0.694 las
TEQ 0.231 auto, las is same as MEQ.

>Autocannon
16.66 hits.
2.77 of each pen roll. Assuming you re-roll anything below a 4, to pen AV10, you're looking at 12.5 shots that pen AV10.

>Lascannon
8.33 hits
All glance AV10. With re-rolls, you're looking at penning AV10 with 7.59 shots.
1.38 shots pen AV14, and 1.38 glance it.
Re-rolls add 0.92 to pen and glance, for a grand total of 4.61 hull points, half of it penetrating.

However, as always, it all depends on what you're panning to sink 10 lascannon/20 autocannon shots into.

Thanks mates!

Now which would you say is more effective for their points costs? The Autocannons or Lascannons? This is assuming I have no idea what my opponents are bringing.

Question for anyone who's bought pic related

Do you have to remove the weapons from the hands of the eldar guardian model and replace them with pic related?

Looks like it, considering only the shuriken blaster(?) and the sword are the only ones that come with hands.

I'd say lascannons are more effective from a meta perspective.

Thanks user, expensive though. I'll work and fit them into my army

>tfw we play at 2250 points, and people constantly complain about my single CAD with tons of footslogging tactical squads using combi weapons

Are Raptors really that OP? Or is it just the fact that it feels more impactful watching a tactical squad remove 4 terminators without any special weapons, but just heavy 1 rending bolters?

Nah, I don't think so. You're using Tac squads in a CAD. Then again, I don't know what your local meta is.

Have you finished your Dorito yet, Raptors user?

i've never been impressed by rending and my army has rending on everything, you probably roll above average. out of 10 shots you get 2 rending but i've seen 50 or so rending attacks not do anything multiple times

How do you fix Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Orks, and Tyranids? What are those codexes biggest issues?

too much to list in a simple phrase

lel I was just about to buy this. If you'd asked in a month I could give you an answer. But I'm pretty sure you do.

Try the Corsairs facebook (I know, I know) group, they should know.

IMO you should be using CCW/Brace of Pistols in 90% of situations anyway, only bother with Lasblasters on guys who are going to be floating around outside of Reckless Abandon range. The Gunslinger rule means that a pair of Shuriken Pistols is superior to a Shuriken Catapult (because they're effectively identical and you get an extra attack from the pistols), and usually superior to a Splinter Rifle (within Rapid Fire range they're exactly equivalent; outside of that, the Rifle has more range, but you sacrifice Reckless Abandon and can't charge so fuck that). Lasblasters are okay as anti-infantry rifle guys; 5 Lasblaster jetpack Reavers are basically Swooping Hawks at a lower cost but with shittier Ld and no "jump out of the sky and drop grenades lol fuck you" ability.

disclaimer: the above is all based on conjecture and reading The Dark City/1d4chan/etc, I haven't played a game as Corsairs yet

>Have you finished your Dorito yet, Raptors user?
Wat.

My meta is pretty much all vanilla+spiky marines, Orks and aspect+psychopath Eldar.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were a different Raptors user.

I suppose I can see why people would complain, seeing as how they're either underpowered or simple don't have the armor saves to resist them.

>read the new Kharn short story
>Kharn grabs a Chaos Lord by the throat and lifts him up with one hand

Jesus. How much does a marine weight?

No user, Khârn is just extremely strong.

>Dark Eldar
Die to a breeze, and somehow still has worse guns than pretty much every other army.

Taking away jinking without snap firing fucked over their last bit of defense, and they now have enough. They won't last past turn 3 unless the enemy lacks outflank and deep strike, and you run around hiding behind LoS blocking terrain, so your Power from pain is worthless. Not to mention
>FnP
>T3
It is still also just a 5+, but it does fuck all from having entire units wiped by regular bolter fire.

Orks use Odin's Fandex, forgot of mention that.

Eldar players seem mostly pissed that any squad can fuck up their vehicles. Being able to threaten AV13 is huge, and those poor dark eldar open topped transports with AV10...

Deathwatch pdf WHEN

JESUS FUCK I STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO WARHAMMER NEWS FOR A WHILE AND FIND OUT MATT WARD IS COMING BACK.

I can't remember but I think 500kg, but that might be FFG.

considering where the game went after he left, is that supposed to be a bad thing

Who knows what he's working on, though. It could be anything.

Things I'd change;

New army-wide special rule: Unmatched Agility. All Dark Eldar Infantry (including Jet/Jump infantry) run and charge an additional 3", and suffer no penalties to initiative for charging through Difficult Terrain.

Wych cult units gain the following rule: Dances of the Hekatarii. At the beginning of each Fight sub-phase, you can choose one of the following bonuses. You can't take the same bonus twice in a row.
>Re-roll failed rolls to hit.
>Re-roll failed rolls to wound.
>Re-roll failed saving throws.

Wych Weapons return to simply being a squad-wide upgrade that force enemy units in base contact to half their WS and I.

Lelith constantly counts as being affected by all three Dances, and has Wych Weapons. 'A League Apart' is changed to impose a -1 penalty to all rolls to hit her in close combat.

Scourges gain Haywire Grenades and can switch between being Jet or Jump infantry at the start of each turn. Kabalite Warriors gain Plasma Grenades. Ravagers can move 12" and fire all of their weapons again. Disintigrator Cannons go up to St6.

>Disintigrator Cannons
Remember to give all disintegrator guns instant death. Keeping things consistent when a weapon appears in several armies should be important.

They would still suck with just these changes. Doesn't fix their shitty guns.

Their anti-infantry guns aren't really shitty though. Splinter weapons are able to consistantly stack a lot of saves on a target, either through re-rolls to hit (Splinter Racks) or weight of shots (Splinter Cannons) and poison. If you ignore the FAQ that forces them to snap-shot along with their transport, a good body of Kabalite Warriors can efficiantly whittle down enemy infantry without much trouble.

The problem is that DE lack a mid-strength multi-shot weapon that can be used to strip hull points, so while Lances can pick away at a small number of heavy vehicles without too much trouble, they can't deal with light armour spam. Bringing Dissies up to S6, and perhaps making Dark Lances AP1, would make a lot of difference.

Remember that when fixing a weak codex, you don't want to make them too powerful. Armies like Eldar, Tau, and Marines need to be brought down while Orks, Tyranids, Chaos and DE are brought up.

>If you ignore the FAQ that forces them to snap-shot along with their transport
But since this is both the RAW and RAI, a better solution would just be allowing dark eldar to ignore the jinking penalty.

Do that, along with your changes, and they'll at least be playable.

>a better solution would just be allowing dark eldar to ignore the jinking penalty.

Fair enough. How many other armies does it even effect? Necrons, I guess, and Harlequins though I doubt anyone's going to cry about having to snap-fire the pistols they don't care about.

would I be labelled as that guy if I used the tyrant formation of renegade guard from forge world?

Honestly, just make it an army thing for Dark Eldar only. It is not like we don't have armies that ignore huge parts of the rules as it is. Marines with certain formations can burn half of the BRB without any loss, because it will literally never affect them.

Seems reasonable to let the dark eldar ignore this one rule, also considering that half of the armies in the game can ignore a good chunk of their unique relics...

Yeah. No.
Your playing blood Angels. You need to use every elite slots you got for MOAR death company, fragisio dreads, or sanguinary guard. NOT for an overpriced Chaplain who can't even break off from his unit. Use a normal one.

I'm not disagreeing with you, it can easily be folded into the Unmatched Agility rule, I was just curious as to how many other armies are affected by the FAQ ruling - open-topped skimmer transports are pretty rare on the whole.

Guys, haven't been following universe since humanized necrons. How badly setting was raped since then?

This is bait isn't it?

I'm dead serious. Veeky Forums is famous for a short meme sum up.

Well, there really has not been any huge fluff rape that I can recall on the fly, besides maybe the Fists getting nearly wiped out by Orks, but the Tau update has generated huge amounts of rage.

>Tau are getting even more unbeatable by the edition, at least in fluff. Most of it is through coincidence and things that shouldn't work, though.
>Some of the Necron and Grey Knight shenanigans have been toned down.
>More Marines doing improbable things and improbable times.
>Everyone's getting their own End Times preparation event except Tau.
>Beast Arises has been raping fluff left, right and centre for no reason.

Fluff's good, user. Come in and join the clusterfuck.

Is there something in the Chaos demons army that I can use Zombies as a count as?
Im thinking of using Zombies as plague bearers of Nurgle which I think fits well looking at the S 3 T3 profile these guys have. The though thing will be explaining demonic instability and deep strike.
I have a CSM army but I dont like having Typhus in it as I want it to be my own guys.

>except Tau
Farsight and his enclaves are being overrun by a massive tyranid tendril, while the empire is trying to stomp right back into imperial space, with no information on the huge tyranid invasion.

They are fucked too, and they'll weaken the imperium before being squashed between two forces that dwarfs theirs by a factor of millions.

Their supreme leader is also an AI now, and they are still taking orders from him. A small bit of chaos magic, and the entirety of the Tau Empire will be under Chaos influence. Doesn't matter if it is indirectly.