Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad

Didn't like this movie. But while watching it I noticed that this movie is on big roleplaying game with the party that has almost all the tropes:
you got you barbarian that dumped all his mental stats for strength.
the guy that plays the paladin in a morally questionable party, the CE/CN rogue that guy that is probably the GM's girlfriend which always goes against the party always saying shit like "lel I le crazy".
you got your weeb player.
and the rest I guess are the normals of the party.

Any thought ?

>A party of ants

Cast breaks down like this in terms of Veeky Forums archetypes:

Flagg - Fighter
Boomerang - Rogue (hur, comic joke)
Katana - Paladin
Harley Quinn - Bard
Killer Croc - Barbarian
Deadshot - Ranger
El Dioblo - Sorcerer
Slipknot - that dude that fucked off after the first session (replaced with Katana)

So...would that make the Joker a DMPC?

the concept of Suicide Squad is basically supposed to be the Dirty Dozen with Supervillains. would be hella easy to make a game out of it.

more like a half assed attempt at trying to implement a character's backstory (Harley's) into the game

Reoccuring NPC/antagonist and character hook for Harley's player. He never joins the party and fucks up the plans of most of the PCs.

I don't think you know what a DMPC is.

Watch the animated one they made a few years ago. I'm honestly convinced they used that movie to test the market for this one, since most of the same narrative traits are going on.

Either way, it's a better movie only marginally undone by the ending.

>Watch the animated one they made a few years ago
That one had way too much Batman in it, and I hated their Deadshot. Will Smith was surprisingly good in the live-action film.

Will Smith is usually a good actor no matter the movie

> they used that movie to test the market for this one
fucking nailed it. hard to believe "Dirty Dozen but with Super Villains" isn't a homerun pitch.

Christos Gage writes one story about Deadshot having a daughter and every fucking adaptation immediately zeroes in on that forever. Forget his fucked up childhood and his crazy family. or his death wish. or his son who was killed by a pedophile/kidnapper.

Nope. Single Father Hitman.

Is Harley there also in a "mutual relationship" with the Joker or is it like the comics ?

Forgot pic

>seeing Suicide Squad in a theater

Harley dumped the joker at the start.
Mainly, the presence of Killer Frost helps tone Harley down since Frost takes the role of sex appeal and sadistic killer most of the time. Harley therefore can spend more of her screen time talking instead of being crazy.

Oh man, it was the worst $22 I've spent in a really long time.

Like, Batman vs Superman wasn't a great movie, but it still had enjoyable moments. Suicide Squad was boring, and really really shitty except for maybe the part where spoopy fire gangbanger turns into some kind of flaming skeleton Mayincatec demon-god and fights the Avatar of Khaine.

Sorry user but I can't understand you. Batman vs Superman was even worse because it was way too long while being very boring and filled with dumb moments like the whole reason why they fight and hate each other and that suddenly in the end of the fight he says "Martha" and everything is fine.

The movie was bad but still enjoyable at many moments. Still a waste of money on my part because of my stupid friends that enjoy spending money to make fun of bad movies.

Its a weird on again off again abusive love-hate relationship Assault on Arkham

>That pic
Romeo and Juliet died.

They're a cautionary tale in the first place

I'll admit, I also get salty over the 'muh daughter' characterization for Deadshot, and hate that everyone forgets he had a son.

The only thing I hated about BvS was that scene where he makes the kryptonite spear after dropping the line about the Wayne family being hunters, and I got super hyped, because I was expecting to see batman make the best possible use of stealth and fog and traps to beat the shit out of superman, constantly ducking in and out of the shadows and instead I got "I punch harder than u now with my iron man suit lol'

I would love a chance to play Captain Boomerang in a game

>Your face when you realize that's what women want regardless

I'll be honest, pretty much any movie about an adventuring action group can be reasonably called an RPG party.

This. Thank you user

Apparently the cut like 90% of his screen time.

Yet another DC movie I have to wait months to watch on DVD for the real fucking movie.

Did anyone else get the impression that Leto was trying to imitate Ledger's speech for Joker? Like, he did the same kinda thing with slurring some words and emphasizing and drawing out others like Ledger.

Something that buged me was Batman killing people left and right. One of the key charecteristics of batman is his inability to kill. It kind of makes him who he is.
Without it he is just "a batman with guns".

YOU CAN DO THIS FOR LITERALLY ANY TEAM MOVIE

WHEN WILL THIS MEME END

D&D AND OTHER RPGS WERE BASED OFF OF FICTION

CHARACTERS YOU CREATE IN GAME WILL BE LIKE CHARACTERS YOU SEE IN FICTION

>"An internet meme and a cartoon said it, so it must be true!"
>Your face when you realize that unironically holding this belief about women wanting to be abused is why you're forever alone.

Nobody wants to be in an abusive relationship. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Unfuck yourself, for your own sake, or go back to /r9k/.

The DCCU is going in that direction I think to show that this is an older, more jaded batman, he's already lost one robin, there's dialogue in BvS which implies that he's seen a lot of other allies die or give up in his time, so his moral code has started to wear down. It's probably being done in order to contrast him to the less experienced and more hopeful other justice league members and I do hope they get some interesting dynamics out of it.

This one had more tropes of it. You could easily imagine a group of players raging at the gm's girlfriend for being a twat (player of Harley). and the cringy weeb playing his edgy waifu.

You posted an image from one of Deadshot's best runs though. Hell, he ditches the kid even before it starts.

That was one of the many things which bugged me about BvS. Another one was the fact I realized mid-movie I shelled out actual money for a superhero flick featuring close-up shots of a mason jar filled with human urine.