Starting A LARP

Myself and a few friends are starting a LARP. High fantasy inspired by Dark Souls. Does anyone have any advice on things to do/things to avoid? We want it to be fun.

Are you in the US or Europe?
Because that will get you two drastically different experiences.
Also, you should set aside a few hundred (local currency units) at minimum for costumes, props and environment, each.

>pic

Who would fucking do that?

Fringe retards looking for attention. Like the goths we had in the 90s, but now D&D is in instead of literal Satanism.

the problem here is that human ears end up looking like pig ears when sharpened

LotR used extensions for a reason, Just folding the ears makes them shorter, too short to have any grace

>inspired by Dark Souls
prepare your unskippable dialogue, should last at least long enough to be annoying

Explaining that operation to your doctor must be awkward.

Dude, join dagorhir. www(period)dagorhir(period)com/
You don't need larp.
Dark Souls is all about the Combat.

PRAISE THE SUN.

Talk slowly, and end each statement with a creepy laugh.

More awkward than "Doctor, I want you to cut my dick off and turn what's left inside out so that I can call myself Susan and wear a dress"?

pretty qt

Better than those faggots that get the devil horn implants

Don't let your insecurities ooze into your hobbies, user. It's very unbecoming.

I prefer my elf ears on the extreme side

Prepare for a horde of shameless weirdos to flood in and ruin everything. It will happen, make peace now.

I'm assuming an ongoing lap, not a one-off event.
>Good npc costumes.
>Skip the ducktape and use good looking larp weapons as much as possible.
>hard-level cap your game at around 2 years' xp, and have fairly shallow number growth over that period (no more than triple base hp).
>character rebuild/respec rules.
>if you're going to allow people to buy double xp for double the event price (a surprisingly common practice which may be necessary for you to stay afloat financially) the level cap is all the more important.

you are a faggot and you know it

Max?

Sam?

Billy Bob?

Scott?

Chief?

McCloud!

Khaaaan!

Don't do levels.

I go to a Dag offshoot ever few weeks. It's pretty relaxed, there are worse rules you can play by. Although to an extent it's more similar to a foot version of mount and blade.

Bane?

for you

pic related.

g'night McCloud

I'll agree with you that anything inspired by Dark Souls is bound to turn out poorly, but c'mon man, have you even played? You can skip every bit of dialogue and every cutscene.