Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Season of War edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Who will win? Order scam or Chaos fags? Not that stupid(the latest novel) Nagash? Maybe, just WAAAGGHH!

Other urls found in this thread:

seasonofwar.games-workshop.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First to eat

Come the fuck on. Order is less than 50% and they still control the city? That's bullshit.

I could see Chaos taking one of the cities this week. Order's been getting pushed back the last few days.

That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

Hows does it work?

It's not everyone against Order.

Th single Grand Alliance with the most points gets ownership of the City.

Order is still the Alliance with the biggest % of points.

I hope at least one city falls by the week's end

Reposting only once

So the fluff implies that while the Seraphon are "recollected" into being, they still have personalities and lives in some manner of plane of existence that they are summoned from by the slann, Assuming the Slann are nostalgic types its probably a romanticized idyllic version of Lustria at the height of its glory. would this leave room for "new" creatures?

I've loved the idea of a primordial dino griffon, or other prehistoric styled versions of classic mythological beasts, and am trying to find a way to add something like them to my army, but if I just convert from their sources they'd lack the daemon rule that defines the seraphon and thus not be as fluffy, could the slann in theory be making New life forms to fill ecological gaps in the mortal realms? or is that stretching it too far?

You know.... there are/were 8 order armies, 4 chaos armies, 2 death armies, and 2 destruction armies. For having the same number of composite armies as every other alliance combined the fact they have less than 50% is important.

Yeah. They've been getting pushed back since last week at least. I hope that trend continues.

why not just pretend those beasts were part of the fauna of lustria since the start?

I just bought a old skaven battalion after already having the blood isle skaven, ORDER GON GET IT

BTW are skaven shit atm, I dont really care still like the guys, im just a complete AOS noob.

Bought more Gors. Let's go Chaos.

No, there's no shit armies. All of them are fairly balanced. Just what do you run?

I don't like any of their artillery, so specifically clan rats and rat ogres, then the leaders the warlord, working my way to buying stormvermin and a grey seer. I know it might be stupid but i just dont like the big models and like god characters. I prefer my hordes of infantry with some brutish rat hulks.

yeah was about to go beastmen but i just like the rat fuckers too much and i heard ORDER was raping in the story, and winning matches all over the world (im aussie here). I like playing with the underdogs.

Chaos is definitely not the underdogs. This is the first time ORDER has done anything of note.

All we're asking for is one city. Just one.

Preferably the Living City, but I'll take any of them.

At least you Chaos guys have still a chance to win a city.
As a Death player I can only hope that the more points I take the less awful will be the beating

ahaha poor skellies

SO tell me about how many cities there are atm, if you guys are in for some explanation posting. Who owns what atm.

3 for Order. 3 Cities.

Order have been winning because most armies are Order.

They've been having special rules throughout the campaign to boost factions. Current one is for Chaos and lasts till Thursday.

seasonofwar.games-workshop.com

There are three cities, one for USA and Canada, one for Europe and one for UK and any country that isn't part of the above

Yup just airbrushed the lot, because hand basing 50 spider riders would be suffering ahah. The paints are Vallejo model air, the blue is just azure blue over a black base with white zenith hightlights.

Going to do a quick and nasty job on the bases tonight until I can source a cheap place to get some round bases for the spiders. I think they are supposed to be oval from the looks of the GW website

lol this rule + skaven equals no withdrawing if im reading this right?

So long as you're 6 inches from your general, I suppose so.

Otherwise there's a chance your rats will run, since you can only re-roll once.

I'm looking to start a Chaos Grand Alliance army composed primarily of Beastmen with some Khorne or Slaves to Darkness hard hitters. As I'm new to AoS, I have no idea what to expect and have no idea what's going on here. My thoughts were initially a couple hordes of Gors, reinforced by some Blood Warriors/Chosen and Minotaurs with an Exalted Deathbringer w/ spear as a leader. Is this decent, terrible, or great?

not sure about deathbringer with spear but the reinforcement of gors sounds legit.

It depends really
Chaos is the underdog in the campaign but they're the big dog in fluff
The inverse is true of chaos
If you really wanna be an underdog pick death or destruction

Are sigmarines the primary weight behind Order atm.

Daily reminder to protect Arkhan the Black, because Arkhan the Black will never betray you.

I wouldn't start anything that hasn't been reworked yet. If you want to go Chaos, either go Khorne or Nurgle for now. Bloodbound seem like a really fun army and( except for Sigmarines) the army with the most options . Also pretty much every model is available in some kind of special box, so it won't be all that expensive.
I guess you can expect GW to not axe too much in the near future, but beastman don't even have a start collecting box, so you never know...
Also if you still want to roll with beastman, buy the models on ebay. Models can be stripped without too much effort or just have another basecoat put onto them, if they are just battleline units anyway.

Or a wont betray you either
Since its not really a betrayal if you know it's coming

Fluff for the new guy.

>it's an episode of 'quest to redeem failure'
I loved this once, but GW just puts this shit on everything...

Yeah, it'd be bulk Beastmen. If all else fails, I swap the Beastmen bases and play 9th or some shit. Yeah, that Total War DLC really sold me on the Beastmen.

No one knows, I mean there's 8 armies in Order. That's the same amount that Chaos, Death and Destruction have combined.

They've axed all they're going to axe, user.

ahaha fucking oath, let me WRITE FOR YOU GW WRITING FOR THE FLUFF GODS

Nothing wrong with this.

>GW just puts this shit on everything...

Where else?

Guys, Skeleton Horde or Malignants? Which box stands best on its own if I have nothing else to back it up with, I want to start collecting spooks

Depends on if you like spooky scary skellingtons or spoopy spooks the best. My own choice was the horde, as I'm going for (mostly) Deathrattle guys.

Get one of each, they work well together.

But if you have to only get one, Skellies.

Every Space Marine chapter has some special guy or special guys (lone wolfs)with this fluff. I have a pretty good graphic novel about some blood angels on a journey through the eye of terror for some quest.
A big part of the old dwarven culture was 'grudges', so much that some of them became Slayers.
And don't Bretonnians have some kind of shit like that too?
I mean it is a decent justification for suicidal single model units, but after years of it, I'd like something different for a change...

Who's gonna be making some errant-Grail-questors?

So they use it a lot, still don't see why it's bad. Those aren't even in AoS.

Bretonnians were more like a Kingdom of King Arthurs, all searching for the Holy Grail

Grail-quests?

*farts*

I thought tjey had some equivalent of 'failed dudes that seel rdemption', might be wrong though.
I'm not saying it's bad, it's just boring and furthers the impression of 'sigmarines'.
Also why would a Stormcast fail in the first place? Why didn't he die trying?
The good thing about it is that it males them more human and prone to failure (and maybe corrption)just like space marines, I guess. It's alright, but it could have been better.

Note it says perceived failure, it might just be that guy who considers what happened a failure. Maybe he did die, it just wasn't enough for him.

Sylvaneth represent

So are they just fucking humans after all?!

Treefucker. I hope we burn your Living City to the ground and piss on the ashes.

t. Filthy Beastmen

Is someone pushing really hard for diversity at GW? Because that is the face of a white man. The Warrior Priest in the Silver Tower worked well because that was a black mans face, but this is literal blackwashing.

If they died trying, they would just zip off for reforming, and then would still need to complete their quest

Hooray Beastmen spread fertiliser

Please don't start this argument again

Yes, that's what they've always been under there. Everyone knew this already. They're just humans who've been made stronger and tougher using magic.

what did you expect? Living lightning?

So here is what I have at the moment. Mannfred is the general with his awesome command ability. The Vampire lord on dragon gets the ring of immortality and is generally shot at whatever unit i want to kill. The remaining points are up in the air at the moment. I've got lots of potential spirit host summons, various wraiths/banshees, and a couple of morghasts that could fit the bill.

Oh and a bit of brainwashing to make them loyal, of course.

Sigmar a shit.

Well, the fluff is that anyone righteous enough can be taken and turned into one, but then the models don't really reflect the supposed huge diversity of the recruitment pool by making everyone huge buff burly dudes with overscaled barely posable models.

So yeah, them being animated statues or lighting contained in armour or something wouldn't be all that surprising.

They're all big buff dudes because siggy changes them into it. He takes their mortal form and forges them into stormcast.

Right, and that's not a little shit?

I mean, sure you can convert dwarfcasts or femcasts or whatever, but the official fluff line is near identical pictures of the models in every book, just in different paint schemes.

Yeah, he's not so nice as it seems. GA order has him eye-frying people who don't agree with him... around a hammer-shaped table under the watchful gaze of a Sigmar statue. There are women though, but I bet they got buff too.

I'm pretty sure you can only give the Vamp on Dragon an Artefact if he's your general or if he's part of a battalion.

Remember when Sigmar was Conan? What do greco-roman looking full plate guys have to do with that?

And if their masks are meant to represent the face of Sigmar, why don't they have sculpted beards? Sigmar very distinctively wears a beard as part of his look.

The Stormcast BT says ONLY HUMANS are recruited. It has been half a fucking year since that BT was released. This isn't some old setting where this fluff is buried by a ton of crap. Also plenty of novels and books showed the Stormcast removing pieces of their armor revealing their human forms. They even bleed when struck and mutate when struck by Tzeentchian magic.

Also FYI, not all Stormcast are taken for being righteous. Some of them were bloody kidnapped WHILE ALIVE and WELL.

He's been running around the realms for millenia. He grew up a bit. He used to be naked barbarian smiting monsters, but that was a long long time ago.

Young Sigmar when he was most active. Look at Valten here who is suppose to be the spitting image of Sigmar. His mask is identical to the Stormcast mask.

man you sure hate having friends huh ?
nah you can choose any hero for an artifact

Well, that conflicts with initial statements about them and is kinda racist, but okay.

His face*

Specifically said he put on the mantle of administrating god-king in favor of warrior god though. Sends his warriors to do the fighting since the Battle of Black Skies. The armor and mask is to make them a vision of sigmar's wrath and vengeance, the chaos boys are supposed to be unnerved since they all look the same on the outside. The armor is basically sigmar/grimnir's design choice. And if you look at Azyrheim art we're not in barbarian Kansas anymore. It's all vaulted gold and soaring arches now, not crumbling stone forts. I guess an aestethic upgrade was in order both for architecture and warriors.

Go start an Elf Lives Matter group.

Young Sigmar predates even the end of the first setting by several thousand years, and would be of no cultural relevance to the people of the newer setting.

>conflicts with initial statements about them

There is no initial statements about them being anything else but human. Except for what Josh Reynolds said in the early stages of AoS that "GW is keeping things ambiguous. Do whatever you want I don't give a fuck lol".

And he still kinda wants to fight, but loaned out his hammer.

You can do a more advanced look without abruptly shifting from Conan to Rome. It's pretty jarring when a faction entirely based around emulating Sigmar has no asthetic links to prior depictions of they guy they're emulating.

I don't think so. Clean shaven Sigmar was a thing in the Age of Myth. Picture related.

It's literally been thousands of years since he came to the Realms. It's not abrupt.

that's a really cool piece of fluff, thanks user probably my favorite in all of aos so far
where is it from ?

Remember it being a specific plot point in the End Times that Sigmar didn't need the physical hammer, and indeed the hammer of light he generated from his own power had a superior in-game profile to the physical Ghal Maraz?

>Battle of Black Skies

You mean battle of Burning Skies. That was the battle where Archaon tricked him into throwing his hammer.

Battle of Black Skies is the battle where Archaon killed Nagash.

Of course it's fucking abrupt, we didn't cover that timeskip.

It's literally in the first book they released.

Godbeasts.
Yeah, I mixed them up.

Archaon: He Gets Shit Done.

And for more fluff about sigmar/azyrheim I will recommend the Quest for Ghal Maraz books, both campaign and BL one.

As in, we didn't experience it first hand. It was a time skip.

Jesus Christ, I'm not sure what the point of this pedantic sidetrack even is: We, the audience, went straight from Sigmar as Conan if he were a god to Sigmar as Jupiter. The Stormcast asthetic had no relevance to Sigmar's prior asthetic or characterisation. That is what I am calling jarring.

WE WUZ SIGMARMARINES AND SHIET

Is this joke not done yet? It happens every single time someone posts any black models.

>Sigmar founds the Empire in the Old World out of a bunch of semi-barbarian savages
>TIMESKIP
>Suddenly the Empire has advanced metallurgy, masonry, and gunpowder
What the fuck, how the Empire get all that stuff. We didn't see it get developed, it was all done in a timeskip.

Really wanting to get into AOS as I love the sylvaneth models. How do the tree-folk armies play out? And how does Alarielle compare to the other colossals? Played fantasy but never AOS

Huh, human faces. Does this mean we might actually get some female stormcast at some point?

Treemen's good, Alirali's eh. Sylvaneth as an army are top tier though.

Femalecast were mentioned to exist in the fluff but who wants to look at grotesque muscled ladies? Imagine a naked marine. Give him tits. That's what they look like.