Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

Fantasy location edition. Tell us about your fantastical groves. Tree cities. Sky cities. Deep dark cities much like your basement room. Are they full of magic mythals? Maybe they're warded against teleportation magic in all but one small spot. Do they use magical traps to be self-sustaining?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/BNDxMY0x
pastebin.com/ZMzZ5NBi
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?123462-Candy!
giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-147629.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>magical traps
Fey kitsune shota?

Breaking news! 2hu confirmed for total shitter, got permabanned from #pfg, should be banned from /pfg/ for autism with broken builds too.

Proof:

pastebin.com/BNDxMY0x
pastebin.com/ZMzZ5NBi

Weapon Finesse (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group from the following: light blades, close weapons, finessable weapons, monk weapons, and natural weapons.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: With your selected weapon group, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +5, and with your selected weapon group, you may add your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to damage rolls.

Special: You can gain this proficiency as a feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon group.

Weapon Focus (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls to your selected weapon group.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +3 and every 4th base attack bonus thereafter (7th, 11th, 15th, 19th), you gain an increased +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon from the associated weapon group.

Special: You can gain this proficiency as a feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon group.
Combat Proficiency: Combat proficiencies represent a character's combat training or innate talent in the weapon arts.

All full BAB classes receive 4 combat proficiencies from first level, 3/4 BAB classes receive 2 combat proficiencies and 1/2 BAB classes receive no combat proficiencies.

Combat proficiencies may be taken as feats.

#
#
Good points, the increment bonuses to WF was to simulate the Improved and Greater WF feats chatacters otherwise would've gotten but don't need to take anymore.
It's now a progressionable feat with the assumption and caveat that this is the only WF feat a character can take.
I could go back to the drawing board with them and use the AWT feats as inspiration.

What makes weapon finesse not linkable to weapon groups?

Dex to damage from the start but limited by level might not be such a bad idea.

sleep tight hammers

What part of 'Don't post stuff about devs outside IRC' don't you get?

Please delete this.

Oh come the fuck on, are you even trying

So, um, if I am understanding natural attacks correctly you can attack with as many as you have per round correct? I think I was told it doesn't work off your iterative BAB attacks...

2hu isn't a dev.

Yeah, if you have naturals, your full attack is one with each weapon, no iteratives for high BAB.

2hu's an absolute shitter, but don't take dev shit out of the IRC, man.

Gareth, however, was part of the conversation and he's covered by it.

As a full attack, yes.

Well, I'd gladly delete that on those grounds (I'm the author of the pastebins), but I'm not the one who reposted them in this thread and I can't delete the pastebins due to publishing as a guest. It's unfortunate.

The value in hindsight of thinking things through before doing them, huh?

I knew someone who was as overbearing and wanting to be right as 2hu. He thought himself the center of the universe and would broach no dissenting opinions against him.

He was also a mini-asteroid and fugly as hell. Fucking hell, he was annoying af, the smug litle shit.

He had no goddamn concept of respect.

It's okay, user. You didn't put an expiration date on them either, so they're there forever. And even if they aren't, I'm sure someone will repost it from how until the day these threads completely die.

You've done a great service to us. You exposed him.

Exactly. Ideally, I should've made a temporary account to keep the option to delete/edit the pastebins in case I regret them (as I do now). Alas, I didn't have the foresight.

The continent my players are about to arrive at is small, but densely packed. Like, urban New York packed. So they've, of course, built upwards. The entire continent, previously mostly flat prairies, is basically a maze of primitive wooden skyscrapers, so tall they blot out the sun save for high noon.

So, how about those gosh darn gingerbread witches, eh, how would I build an ideal one?

Thank you kindly anons!
I have a idea given the recent additions of Horror Adventures for a natural attack build Alchemist. Should be fun if nothing else.

>Shit, do people NOT play ZS warders in DSP games?

>mfw I'm the only ZS Warder in every DSP campaign I join
>mfw all the others are some sort of Stalker or the very occasional Warlord

Even in DSP, everyone wants to play the sneaky badass or charismatic one, and then those players typically get upset when the big hulking bastion does something awesome *because he's in the fucking thick of things.*

First make sure nobody in your group is into vore, because otherwise they're going to have some very uncomfortable expectations of you.

What they should do is build into extra-dimensional spaces!

Jesus Christ you guys it's fully possible for someone to play a Gingerbread Witch just so you can fluff your potions and spells as delicious candy, furthermore the eating part is supposed to be terrifying and anyone openly getting off on it at the gaming table should rightfully be kicked or chewed out.

As someone who has played half a dozen video games where others pick up the role of 'tank/brawler' and pick up the slack for people like me, who like playing things like Harbinger and Magus...

I appreciate your services. Feel free to be as badass as you want. Shine on you glorious bastion of steel and raw power.

What if I enjoy it but only in secret without the others finding out and use the vore ability sparingly and at appropriate times without going into detail

I know that. He knows that. We all know that. But some people don't keep their fetishes under control, and the weirder the fetish the truer that is. Better to be sure now, rather than after someone's started jacking off under the table and begging to climb into his mouth.

Am I as autistic as 2hu if I still don't see what he did wrong?

Well absolutely nothing's stopping you from enjoying it in the privacy of your own post-game home, I'm sure we've all ran into scenes that just hit all your buttons in a campaign.

Yes.

>What makes weapon finesse not linkable to weapon groups?
It's linkable, but it shouldn't be linked. How does it hurt the game if I'm able to play a dexterous scythe wielder? What breaks if my hammerskills are based on speed over strength? Why can't I spear dancer?

I never understood this, why don't people like playing the martial?

Literally the only time I've seen martials posted with some regularity in advertisements is Wrath of the Righteous, for obvious Paladin reasons. Otherwise, you just seem to get oodles of mages, supporting types, sneeki breeki or ranged combatants.

Hardly a suit of Full Plate to see beyond the occasional Cavalier.

I want to build a wizard's tower to train magical disciples. What are some required rooms that are needed. Dorms, testing labs, secret castle heart where everything is held together, dungeon, bathrooms. Where are the rules for doing this stuff as well, if'n you don't mind?

Don't worry my friend! I will be your shield!

Because they don't want to take damage directly to face.

Why does /pfg/ always take the DSP devs' side in these arguments?
Is /pfg/ really that sycophantic towards DSP?

Because they like initiators and manifesters, and look for someone to "side with" "against" Paizo.

That's really all.

I never see this in my live games, only online games. My live games always have some sort of glorious knight, whether it's a fighter, paladin, brawler, whatever.

I suspect it's because online play became very build-centric around the launch of 3.x, because that was basically the easiest thing to communicate about how to play, whereas live play has the advantage of being, well, live, and you can just show them.

You may be shocked to learn that /pfg/ is not a monolithic entity and some of us do, in fact, regularly call out DSP's shit when they're shit, and we're literally the reason they're here. If they wanted near-unanimous approval, they could've stayed in GitP

It's not a matter of taking sides. The IRC has a rule that you do not post things said by the devs in IRC to /pfg. It taking the side of the people who are kind enough to host #pfg.

You realize other people were telling him he was being disrespectful and he was only thinking of himself. But who am I to cure your delusions.

It isn't even about DSP, it's about 2hu having a 3 Cha and taking every trait that gives a negative to diplomacy. Probably a 3 Wis too.

I found this, can I use this?
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?123462-Candy!

I like taking hits.

>I suspect it's because online play became very build-centric around the launch of 3.x, because that was basically the easiest thing to communicate about how to play, whereas live play has the advantage of being, well, live, and you can just show them.

This just creates awkward scenarios where the DM isn't actually trying to rape your face and starts to pander towards the martial because they're in the thick of things.

Every time I play the tank they invariably become Big Deals in the setting way before the other party members, it becomes incredibly uncomfortable.

So it's protection for the DSP devs and nobody else?

Uh... isn't that the very definition of bias?

In our downtime our GM's allowing us to do most things, another player decided we try bar hopping and use these rules. Thoughts?

giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-147629.html

It's a loose collection of people with no idea how moderation works, and the only reason it even has rules is as a knee-jerk reaction to 2hu forcing Forrest to leave.

>the DSP devs
And the Spheres devs, and that one time Jolly came by...Devs, not just DSP. They're trusting us (why, I couldn't begin to guess) by letting their guard down and just being people, instead of the semi-professional capacity they're in on Veeky Forums, and we try to do them the decency of not turning around and shoving that back into their professional life.

I would unironically play with a Darkness-style character, hot blonde noblewoman that gets off on being the beat-stick feels like something I would've already seen in a campaign.

So it's basically 3pp dev worship. They get protection by the rules, nobody else gets it.

And because this sets the tone of the channel, everything the 3pp devs say is taken in the best light possible and anyone who hurts a dev's feelings is Hitler and should be ostracized.

Seriously?

>Seriously?
Yes.

...No? It's a bunch of random fuckers who did shit as a panic reaction because "Oh shit our autist just drove away an actually good developer, thereby worsening the IRC and product quality due to a lack of feedback". If you've got a problem with it, go talk to them.

>So it's basically 3pp dev worship. They get protection by the rules, nobody else gets it.

No, it's seperation of Work and Play. The devs in IRC are not 'On the clock' and you don't act like a dick by forcing them to guard their every action like they are.

What do you suggest, then? The other options are making it a blanket rule, which means nobody can discuss IRC conversations with anybody else without breaking that weird rule, or having nothing at all, meaning the devs no longer feel comfortable hanging out with us

Also, are you implying we don't give them shit when their ideas are bad? That's not how friends work, user.

Like... let's look at the second log here. 2hu was abrasive in the first but didn't really do it with any malice.

In the second, he's just innocently bringing up a rule from a game that he liked. Gareth and Amber (both 3pp devs) get angry at this, and the WHOLE channel turns on 2hu even for this innocent thing.

Then when he's asking how to improve and express himself better next time, he gets kicked for it. What the hell? Is this your standard for behavior, guys?

But was it 2hu who drove away Forrest?

I don't like PoW or DSP or 3pp or Paizo, but whatever floats your boat I guess. You gotta slow down becoming an asteroid, you don't need that many chins.

>Also, are you implying we don't give them shit when their ideas are bad?
I'm guessing you don't and you just lightly tiptoe it, or you only give negative feedback when the guy comes in all "I know this is shit, tear right into it."

Surprise, you guess wrong.

>Like... let's look at the second log here. 2hu was abrasive in the first but didn't really do it with any malice.
>In the second, he's just innocently bringing up a rule from a game that he liked
The context of the discussion was 2hu bringing it up is dawnborn general, which 2hu was derailing with discussion of other systems.

This is the other reason these logs are a bad idea: they miss out on pretty important context

Was 2hu better or the incredibly acerbic guy who kept calling you all degenerates?

No, user, he was raising a mechanic from a system right after being an obnoxious asshole, who wouldn't stop TALKING about it just a bit earlier. Understandably nobody wanted to hear it.

There's this thing called context.

>banned from the IRC for shit he did on Veeky Forums
Fire your moderators.

Except the second log didn't even bring up that damn thread.

In the second log, 2hu's just innocently bringing it up without even MENTIONING the thread.

What did he do wrong there

He did that the same day he shat up the thread and wrote the shit in the first log.
They logs are literally a couple hours away from each other and everyone was already sick of 2hu.

Okay, but what rule did he break?

I just wanted fantasy locations that people have made. There have been like 10 posts in this that were on topic. Stop your whining, stop your whining about whining. Just post some great locations that were in your campaigns!

A rule known as common decency.

I recognize that "flight" effect.
Seems Strike! copied the old 2nd and 3rd edition FFRPGs for that one.

That's all flight did there too. "you can't be meleed unless they also fly".

Only difference is in FF you're able to hit with melee if you're the flyer (and are open to reactions at that exact moment).

>Strike: You know when everything you're shown has you go "hey, I know where that got stolen from" and then not care? Strike.

I think the best location in my campaign was when the GM had an autist named 2hu put in stocks and raped, then spitroasted over a fire and had parts of him eaten before he died.

That was a fun session.

In other words, not a rule at all, then. Simply an arbitrary excuse to remove someone you personally find distasteful. Yes, you certainly are a paragon of decency yourself, aren't you.

Just to note, those are cabbages she's taking the attacks from in your pic.

They're all degenerates?

>Fantasy location edition. Tell us about your fantastical groves. Tree cities. Sky cities. Deep dark cities much like your basement room. Are they full of magic mythals? Maybe they're warded against teleportation magic in all but one small spot. Do they use magical traps to be self-sustaining?

I've only used two dungeons in my campaign and they're both explicitly mausoleums towards noblemen of a fallen empire, easy on the monsters but high on the traps.

The vast majority of encounters take place in cities, in the field or at camp, basically places that continue to get lived in.

>literally a couple hours away from each other

That's long enough a time for the conversation to totally shift, man. There's still nothing wrong with that.

Mechanics can't be stolen or copyrighted. Every game cribs rules from the other. 2hu didn't exactly go THIS IS STRIKE! ORIGINAL RULE.

And Strike! is shameless about being a 4e retroclone that copies everything from 4e.

How do i acquire large amounts of currency?
im level 12 and saving up for a particularly expensive object.
I'm a wizard and i've taken crafting feats/crafting traits but its not enough. I've also been charging the party slightly more than i need to make the item.

I could sell my items but i'd rather not.

Prostitute yourself to powerful creatures.

Sell your virginity to a red dragon.

fabricate bullets.

im not selling my body.

Aside from working skills mechanics.

So what's the final verdict on 2hu from these logs?

Is he an irredeemable shitter or not?

Yes

>4e
>working skill mechanics
That's a good one.

have the party do it. It's cleaner business when there's a proper pimp to negotiate your prices anyways.

Pretty much, yes. He's consistently been an asshole for years, and nobody likes him, not even the people that tried for months to get him to stop being a fag.

For small talking about flight mechanics without breaking any channel rules?
You guys are petty.

:^)

No, user.

For ruining 20+ threads with his constant post spam, for being removed from every community he has touched because he's so autistic it's impossible to deal with him, for having zero social skills at all, for having no respect for people around him, for actively forcing his views on people and ignoring any of their concerns or problems, for forcing topics that he's been told to drop repeatedly, for alienating the few people that tried to be friendly to him, for refusing to do anything that would make him easier to deal with, and for generally being quite literally the most autistic person around since Espagnoll, Chris Chan, and TheUltimateFiction.

2hu didnt even get permad lel u idiots

>For ruining 20+ threads with his constant post spam
>talking about rules is post spam
Are you still butthurt over PoW: Expanded's damage being way too high?

Alright, I got a minute.
Explain how 4e skill mechanics, not skill challenges, didn't work.

Spamming your shit literally every thread for weeks on end and filling up the thread with huge walls of autist-text is indeed spam, yes.

>talking about rules in a rules thread is spam
Now we know you're batshit insane.

sup 2hu how you doin

When it's one person spamming 8 paragraph textwalls for half the thread, and they could instead, I don't know, make a google doc and have a compilation of their guides? Yeah, that's spam. This has been suggested to them. They won't do it.

You wanna know why? They won't do it literally because if they did that, then only people who wanted to see it would read it. They actively want to force themselves on others. It's mind rape.