Posted on 40k's official facebook page an hour ago

Posted on 40k's official facebook page an hour ago.

Are you ready for 40k End Times?

Fuck posted the wrong pic.

But 40k already has space marines, how are they going to add space marines to Age of Emperor?

Time to completely merge AoS and 40k together

Dipshits can't even get 40,000 spelled right.

>40,00

Games Workshop doesn't have a single copy editor in their entire employee pool it seems.

Oh boy, we're going to get a wargame based on the fourth millenium?

Is it impossible to fire people in the UK or something? You think after all their shit editing jobs SOMEONE would get canned by now.

If games Workshop employed editors, or even proof readers of any kind, how did the Grey Knights book get into print?

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind advancing the timeline to early 42nd millenium?

>Am I the only one

No. You are not. Your opinion, however, is shit. GW's current batch of writers are the worst they've had in decades. WHFB's End Times story was a complete clusterfuck and the current AoS material is, regardless of what you think of the change in tone compared to WHFB, extremely poorly written with incoherent factions and a setting that doesn't hang together. GW is barely capable of keeping 40k's setting together as it is. They don't have anywhere near the necessary talent to make meaningful changes to it.

yes, you are the only one

nobody else on the tg shares this very popular opinion

nobody

only you

> AoS material is, regardless of what you think of the change in tone compared to WHFB, extremely poorly written with incoherent factions and a setting that doesn't hang together

I don't see how. AoS settin

The thing is 40k has no storyline it is a setting. A static setting, with flavour thrown around to give a sense of time.

Unless memory fucks with me, it has been like that since 2nd.

... Are you serious? You aren't serious are you? 40k has had a timeline for some time now.

As in setting wise, not an actual progression. It has been stuck in the same millennium for years now.

Since RT. They look at advancing it with the Eye of Terror campaign in 3e but that never went anywhere.

Timeline always ends in the same place.

They don't, it's pretty clear

I bet you started playing at most during 5th. Poor summer child.

Oh God, please, not AoS 40k

>mfw I called this eight months ago
>mfw I said they will push/change/reinvent/ruin/fail 40k in the next 5 years
>mfw I long ago stopped caring about 40k and only enjoy reading new fluff with not a single $ invested in it.
>mfw it's like watching a car wreck hit a train wreck, crash in to a burning school full of retarded kids

40k is a garbage fire. Throw out everything and just port in the rules from AoS. Then advance the timeline. We've been stuck at five minutes to midnight for thirty years now, it's boring as fuck.

Horus

People who want 40K to be more than a setting are ADHD kids who get bored way too easily. Explore the setting as-is. If you want a different setting, play something entirely different.

Even without investing in tabletop or anything the lore is and will always be the main attraction, I care more about the books than the actual game.

>stopped caring about 40k

Nobody can stop 'caring' about 40k. It's one of the most legendary settings around.

It is, but the majority of those who care about it have zero investment in it. They don't buy the models, they don't buy the books, they don't have a financial stake in the company.

Like this user said.

I agree with you though, it is the biggest draw is the varied lore and theme of it.

Haven't paid attention to WHF, what's so bad about AoS?

>I have autism and change scares me

>I have a vested interest in not having my hobby unsported by a company I have supported for years.

>I have autism and I can't just play a different game.

It's also great to watch fandom shitstorms when GW changes shit.

The short and dirty is that it replaced WHF while having a radically different tone/aesthetic, so it pissed off the existing fans somethign fierce. I also think the new lore is shit even when you don't compare it to WHF/view it through nostalgiagoggles, but that's just a personal opinion.

>CAPTCHA has you click [X] until there are none left
Has this ever actually worked? Every time, it says I mistyped the captcha and have to do another one anyway.

If that means caninc the abomination that we have now and getting new rules I'm all in.
>I can't enjoy a fictional setting if company selling plastic toys tells me that it's not real

Age of Emperor now!

GOOD RULES NOW!

DOWN WITH 7e!

Was that as a result of WHF being less popular and not as profitable? All my 40k stuff is not in the boardgame aspect though, so I'll just stick to books and the FFL games I suppose.

We'll just go straight to Sigmar mode where you don't even use points.

the new thing isn't a board game, it's more like a new starter set

it also doesn't have an edition or anything like that

or the word starter set, just like the age of sigmar starter

it's a box with two forces and the rules, we're already there

Judging by the formation rules, we're already there

Does this mean:
>MCs will be nerfed
>Bikes will be nerfed
>Psychic powers (invis lol) will be nerfed
>And melee will be buffed?

Because if all of those 4 things aren't happening at the same time, nothing will save 40k.

How very confusing, I'm not sure I like it

I'd be more on board if there wasn't a huge disparity between Walkers and GMCs

There's no reason why some are shittier than others, beyond
>"lol lets sell the tourney players new models"

If 40k gets the age of sigmar treatment where models become more important than rules, and almost all the attack values become a homogenized value across every army we could see a golden age where you can paint and play what you want.

Of course there will still be 40k players attached to the new game, which is a huge turn-off for me.

I'm still only up to my knees in lore, so I don't quite understand.
I know Baal as Sanguinius's homeworld, but what's bringing the Nids there?
What is the Damocles Gulf and why is it's burning out of the ordinary?

>Damocles Gulf
First official conflict between the Tau Empire and the Imperium of Man, the Tau got a slight look at the true vastness of the Imperium and their own comparative size. Needless to say, they are hopelessly outnumbered. It was, least I read, a uneasy ceasefire/peace given the advancement of Hivefleet Behemoth cutting through Imperium space. This appears to not be the case.

>Tyranids on Baal
Not established in mainstream background lore and must be something to do with a novel or some shit as it has been established in lore (but not to those in-universe) that the Astronomicon is what is drawing the Tyranids to the universe. No doubt it is some fuckery of Sanguinius and his gift of far-sight or something.

Or it could be just another dull novel set in the world with GW finally understanding how to build up hype and finally in to marketing.

I think Baal is significant because it means the Nids have en masse reached an actually important planet and not some backwater on the edge of the empire.
Damocles Gulf is Tau turf. I guess things are heating up there.

I am not a retard who subscribes to plot progress, realizing that it means my favorite setting will not get further explored. GW would channel its resources into exploring the new, updated timeline.

So, thanks but no thanks. I want to explore the status quo further. Now piss off.

Have you been living under a rock for the past decade, you caveman? This confirms that you are not a TT players.

>Damocles Gulf

Warzone Damocles, Kauyon, and Mont'ka. Look them up. They are about the Second Damocles Crusade.

>Tyranids on Baal

Look up the Shield of Baal campaign books.

Get updated.

>the Fenris system is beset by Warp horrors
Shit, I thought that was already resolved.
When the Imperial forces on Cadia had to retreat during the 13th Black Crusade Ragnar was fighting alongside them. And he returns to Fenris in The Young Wolf's Return, so I was assuming the Fenris conflict happens before the 13th Black Crusade.

And I seriously doubt this is 40k End Times, at least in the sense they would be scraping the fluff by moving the timeline forward. If you ask me they are just updating the fluff to have more shit happening at the end of the 41st millennium.
Because it's basically impossible to advance the fluff for more than a few dozen years without retconning a shitload of stuff or removing factions. They sure as hell won't remove factions because they would be unplayable on the TT. And retconns seem unlikely, what will all the stuff being added that makes the victory conditions of some races more possible, not less.
The Imperium now has the Omnicopaeia, the possibility of Russ returning and The Beast Arises further confirms that the Emperor is the only thing keeping Chaos at bay, preventing them from destroying reality, for instance.

>telling someone to look up the Tau wankfest that reads like an anime and was designed only to sell more mecha models to the Taufags

I'm going to say its going to be a time skip rather than an restart

same rules as AoS

Nids are going to get nerf hard since they would ruin said time skip

Eldar will have their own small empire now Slaanch is mia

Archoan killed abby and took over the Eye of terror (implied)

Tau have grown into a real major power

Ultramar is back to 500 worlds

there's an Ultramar Eldar Necron and Tau alliance to fight nids

Emperor is awake but still a corpse and loyal primarchs are back

Farsight apotheosis when?

please no

>tfw you've left the 40k universe early enough to never witness another Eldar fuckup

>but what's bringing the Nids there
Sangy is such a BAMF that anything he touches is better, thus more delicious for the Nids.

I only hope that Baal getting invaded somehow triggers a rebirth of Sangy and he goes to town on the Hive Fleet

Isn't the Sanguinor fighting the Nids there?

>nids getting nerfed
Oh good now I can lose every battle in the lore and the table top

I wonder if the Nids reach Terra before Abaddon does. It'd be an interesting event to see.

... Which lore battles did you win?

What if Tyranids and Chaos reach an the same time and fight there forever? Could the Tyranid Hivemind prevent the rise of a new Eye of Terror?

>tau have grown into a real major power

HOW?
They are sandwiched between Nids and Ultramar. How are they going to grow? And to the status of MAJOR power. This implies to the level of Humanity, Orks, Nids, Chaos and Crons. How do they get from the piss-ant tier they share with Eldar into being actually important?

>Emprah deliberately attracted the Tyranids to Terra so Abby's forces will be forced to fight them

Either they keep expanding naturally, like Dark Age of Humanity did, or they receive further help from whoever is behind their rise.

Nothing major yet, its just the fact that when the full tyranid fleet arrives they cant actually be stopped
My two favorite factions are CSM and Nids so Id love to see it from a Admistratums perspective as they watch the space around terra explode in bodies as the two factions fight over who gets to kill them

>keep expanding
Into Marine Territory?

>when the full tyranid fleet arrives they cant actually be stopped

>its just the fact that when the full tyranid fleet arrives they cant actually be stopped
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Crons say 01101000 01101001

>le ebins 40k End Times meme
Give it up OP, it's not happening. This isn't anymore a sign of some sort of end times than the 13th Black Crusade was decades ago.

Tyranids will weaken Ultramar and destroy everything beyond the Firewall. The Enclave will fall and this will be the moment Farsight will fulfil his destiny.

I've never understood this obsession with the magical 42nd millenium, like as soon as we get there it will be magical and shit.

The Imperium has existed for 10,000 years - and in basically the same form for roughly the last 5,000 of those. More develops in this massive period of time would be most interesting, and are only held back by the whimpering fanboys of factions that weren't doing anything at that point.

Which is really the main problem of the 40k timeline is everything comes in so LATE

muh scouting fleets

Anyone who actually cares about the 40k setting just plays the RPGs and vidja these days.

01010011 01110100 01110101 01110000 01101001 01100100 00100000 01100110 01101100 01100101 01110011 01101000 01101001 01100101 01110011 00101110 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100000 01100010 01110010 01101111 00100001

I plat a little overwatch and return to more of this. WHY.

>When the Imperial forces on Cadia had to retreat during the 13th Black Crusade Ragnar was fighting alongside them. And he returns to Fenris in The Young Wolf's Return, so I was assuming the Fenris conflict happens before the 13th Black Crusade.

You are confusing things. The Curse of Wulfen is the set up that will bring the ENTIRE faction of the Wolves to the Cadian Gate to take command of the Imperial forces. It happens just before the 13th Black Crusade. Ragnar, Ulric, and Logan are confirmed to be on Cadia at the end of the timeline.

>>telling someone to look up the Tau wankfest that reads like an anime and was designed only to sell more mecha models to the Taufags

I don't care about your opinion. I told him to go to the source that will update his outdated info about the Tau and show him where they are currently in the 999 41K.

What if GW learned from the AOS fiasco and instead of killing 40k they just add lots of new stuff, like dunno... Emps becomes finally a god and gets an army of imperial daemons?

>tfw you've survived into the 42nd millenium

I am a Necron player. My faction has only 200 years of relevancy in the 40K setting and they only became something major in 990+ 41K and most of their important lore happens in 999 41K. So I have only 9 years in the setting to enjoy. Which is bullshit. I want to go to 42K to expand my factions lore.

Expanding where?
The Imperium, which will soon be full of incorruptible psykers and the Emperor leading a new Great Crusade?
Against the main Tyranid force?
Or if the Imperium fails, there are all of these charming possibilities for the Tau to expand to, like through the biggest WAAAGH ever when Ghaz unites all the Orks. Or against the now expanding Dark Imperium when Abaddon crowns himself the new Emperor. Or strike against a unified Necron empire encircling them. Maybe they can try to force the Eldar to bow down to them, once the Eldar start retaking the galaxy once again under Ynnead? Better yet, maybe they can hope that the Chaos Gods will keep their part of the galaxy part of the Matterium, while everywhere else reality will be literally devoured by the Warp until only Chaos remains.

All of these events are so close to happening that it's impossible for the Tau to somehow gain enough manpower, advance technologically and somehow secure any of their expansions, to be considered more than a small player that will get steamrolled by whoever wins.

That was my point. We know that the Chaos forces attacking Fenris will fail, because the Space Wolves are fighting on Cadia. That's why this isn't the 40k End Times rewamp but just GW adding some more fluff just before the current end of the timeline.

>That was my point. We know that the Chaos forces attacking Fenris will fail, because the Space Wolves are fighting on Cadia. That's why this isn't the 40k End Times rewamp but just GW adding some more fluff just before the current end of the timeline.

Oh then I misunderstood your post. Sorry.

#bringbackthesensei

>All of these events are so close to happening.

Nah. These events could take centuries to unfold. It's a big galaxy and the Imperium has been rotting for more than thousands years since the Age of Apostasy and following the Age of Redemption and Waning.

If that's from Eye of Terror campaign it's going the way of Storm of Chaos.

It's from a recent ADB novel "Ragnar Blackmane".

>the Imperium is amassing a giant crusade for the Omnicopaeia and the primarchs might return soon
>the 13th Black Crusade is the most dangerous one yet and the first one that has the actual goal of conquering the Imperium and the means to do so
>more and more Orks are fighting under Ghaz, who is now heading towards that giant Ork v Tyranid fight
>more and more Necron Tombworlds are becoming operational
>the Golden Throne is failing so it's possible that the Emperor dies, even if Abaddon fails or if he manages to betray the Chaos Gods
>the Tyranid main fleet could possibly arrive any second now
>the Eldar's prophecies of the Rhana Dandra are getting fulfilled one by one
It's impossible that not a single one of these events will not happen in the next century or two. Abaddon, the Imperium and the Eldar are possibly only a dozen years away from it. By the second half of the 42nd Millenium the galaxy will only have on ruler and, in a best case scenario for the other factions, only minor and scattered opposing forces that only survive because they haven't been discovered yet.

>40k endtimes
No.
No please, no. Don't mess this up for me, Games Workshop.

Hey /40kg/, wheres the best place to sell this stuff

Blood Angels ~2500 points 50% painted, tabletop+

DKoK ~2500 points painted to tabletop, FW and GW

CSM ~1500 points painted to tabletop, FW and GW

Night Lords Horus Heresy ~4000 points unpainted, 90% assembled, beautiful collection including Sevatar, and Kurze nib

2 GW Knights and a FW Castigator painted/based to tabletop+

Piecemeal on ebay? Local only? Idk how to get rid of this junk.

>example of painting

> Notice that AoS has no WAACfaggots
maybe end times for 40k will be a good thing.

The ship moves.

/tg already did a better job than whatever GW will shit out.

I'm just a memester who reads the wikis. What does all of this mean? Are they going to advance the "plot"? I thought the point was that nothing really changed, i.e., it's always down-hill, eternally.

You can only win if there are actual rules.
Dance around like a cunt to get an extra d6 is not a rule so much as a warning to society.

>If that means caninc the abomination that we have now and getting new rules I'm all in.
Yeah because Age of Sigmar is so good.
t. GW shill

>The Imperium now has the Omnicopaeia, the possibility of Russ returning and The Beast Arises further confirms that the Emperor is the only thing keeping Chaos at bay, preventing them from destroying reality, for instance.

Explain what the Omnicopaei is, is based Russ really coming back and what was said in The Beast Arises please. Also did Vulkan really come back and didn't he hint that Dorn was still alive?

Don't forget the Rules...

>The Imperium now has the Omnicopaeia

Since when? The last time I heard of it, it is in a bloody Daemon World and the Skitarii were going to launch an invasion. Chances of being corrupted by demons is near 100%.

Everything is magic in a magical world of demons and angels fighting for turf they don't need, and nothing ever matters.

IT'S HAPPENING

It's basically an STC that contains all kinds of psyker things that could potentially kick start the human evolution. Just google it for the whole Codex entry.
Russ might return alongside the Wulfen.
In the Beast Rises some Eldar get to Terra because they want to warn the Imperium that the Orks aren't the real threat and they must not forget about Chaos. The Shadow Seer confirms the Codex entries that state that if the Emperor dies then the Warp will burst into the galaxy and Chaos will consume reality.
Idk about Vulkan, I know he is in the series but haven't read the book yet.

And as says, Russ and the STC aren't actually confirmed. My point was that GW is giving the factions better chances and more means of achieving their victory condition, so them rebooting 40k is impossible, not that any of the factions is a confirmed winner.
Except for Tau of course, for all the stupid wanking they received their actual position in the galaxy hasn't improved one bit.

The Imperium got buttflustered over the Tau beating them and lit the whole Gulf on fire with plasma or something as a "fuck you"

>Except for Tau of course, for all the stupid wanking they received their actual position in the galaxy hasn't improved one bit.

The greatest threat to their security, which is the Imperium, got his back broken in the Eastern Fringes and is now collapsing on a galactic scale. I say that's a plus.

>an army of imperial daemons?
Shiny golden giants in armour, with Storm in their names ?

>The greatest threat to their security, which is the Imperium
>Not the Tyranids

>collapsing on a galactic scale
the imperium has been slowly collapsing almost constantly since the heresy

>an army of imperial daemons?
So exactly like Age of Sigmar?