WIP : Painting, modelling and general showing off

Forgetting to remove moldlines edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
[YouTube] Build A Light Box On The Cheap, Take Gorgeous Photos! (embed)

>How to Moldlines
[YouTube] Removing mold lines from models (embed)

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
[YouTube] How to Magnetize a Tyranid Carnifex (embed)
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg (embed)

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

irondogstudios.com/images/tater/mek_tater.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for one more garbage Ranger done.
How does one paint the Arquebus? Not sure what to do

does the garbage about the painting? because THIN YOUR PAINTS

How to improve this? Still need to add Dakka

Ignore the yellow, the rhino base was from ebay...

...what are you trying to achieve?

Show your support to Duncan people. Plus GW is doing another step towards their community.
It warms this neckbeard'd heart to see the good ole' days slowly coming back.

Is this twitter? I've always wanted to tell Dunc good job on his painting but they never allow comments on the warhammertv videos and i don't tweet.

Anything remotely orky

test scheme for my khorne renegades

which base would come out better?
>desert
>urban
>snow

Im a moron. It says facebook.

Riveted/welded armor patches, great big boiler engines, pintle shootas, grots all over the damn place. Try and keep everything 'in-scale'; make it junky, but model-sized junk, not human-sized junk (no screws, etc.)

The holy grail of Ork kitbashes: irondogstudios.com/images/tater/mek_tater.html

This could be good but if I were you I would plan it a bit more. Not that that's very orky.

Have a look at the constructions of the Orks in the Dawn of War games. Get some plasticard for metal plating. Plasticard rod sliced up makes very nice rivets. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Proto-BFG 9000 plus chainsaw.

It's time to murder demons.

Cheers, time to invest in some plasticard

Urban grey (maybe chop up some sprues and paint like rubble), or snow.

Whites and greys will make the reds and oranges really pop out at you. Yellowy desert will look shit.

dudes are citadel brushes just completely trash tier?
they only last a couple of months for me before they start to get all spread as soon as I touch the model with the paint
I take good care of them and never dip them in paint all the way to the root

Im slowly working through the whole cult. I was watching Hills Have Eyes and i got inspired to recast abherrant heads and use them as cultist heads (bottom right)

Good for you lad, they look great, i got as far as my magus and these 4 before i got salty at the no codex despite rumours (that and a footslogging horde army with no transports...)

Is this resin or plastic though?

Looks like resin.
But could aswell be some kind of shit mixture (see Warmahordes)

The flesh is looking great, your edge highlights are a bit hamfisted though. Can you glaze up on the gun bodies and the patriarch's carapace to soften them up?

What's the effect of Glaze? Should I use it in every miniature?

It tints everything with whatever colour the glaze is. It can be useful to tie stuff together, either a single area after shading/highlights, or different areas (in which case you'll probably want a heavily diluted glaze so the effect stays subtle) but it's by no means something you should always use, simply another tool in the toolbox.

Yeah i know what you mean, im going to go back over it with some nuln oil or a blackline pen. Once the patriarchs highlighted ill hit both him and the abherrants with some blue wash on the light blue areas. Theres some kind of splashback on some of the cultists from drybrushing other models nearby to them, as well.

They're probably not the best quality you can get for their cost (Windsor & Newton Series 7 are almost as expensive as the GW stuff), but did you clean them with brush cleaner between painting sessions user?
While you may not have dipped them to the ferrule, that doesn't mean paint sneaks in there at some point.
Giving them a regular scrub with some brush soap helps a ton on most brushes.

>What's the effect of Glaze? Should I use it in every miniature?

From the last thread, answered after the link to the new one.