Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Discord Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.
A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the Discord, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with the CYOA's purple PDF, and the Supplementary Combat System can be used for campaigns and PNP.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns
discord.gg/FsuCpTJ

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FsuCpTJ
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH
rizon.net/chat
pastebin.com/usMM2EC7
pastebin.com/sHda5hTD
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
pastebin.com/28c3gbnH
pastebin.com/ub28mT8t
pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w
youtube.com/watch?v=wba6XWbpT-k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

SCS v1.4, Core Rulebook for use with the CYOA.

SCS v1.4 supplement covering Patrons, Fusion, Dark Magical Girls, Monster Girls (Natural and Corrupted), and a few monsters.

The SCS v1.5 is about 2/3rds done. The bestiary has been expanded to include a number of additional monsters, and there have been a number of clarifications and patches for the core rulebook as well.

Presenting a new land of unity, one where people can play AMGC, SCS or MGX, and not be discriminated. The Discord Server of... MGCYOA! discord.gg/FsuCpTJ
Don't stop, don't cry, everything's gonna be alright!

There will not be censorship, hate based on different opinions, and no unfair moderation unlike the predecessor of IRC. No more silencing or being dragged through the mud by those who unfairly abused their power. No more farming IPs illegally in attempts to blackmail players. No more living in fear of a joke of a biased moderation team!
Drama will be cut down before it starts!

Join us now!

Rolled 9, 8, 11, 11, 15, 12, 10, 4, 3, 15, 8 = 106 (11d20)

am I doin it right

How would you stat a Servant? Noble Phantasms aren't exactly a Killing Blow. Would low mag Oddball make more sense?

You can roll an additional die for a Patron

And, since our dear friends in the Discord beat us to the punch, here is the relevant information to hop in the old IRC and make a character in AMGC

Character Archive:
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

This PDF is for AMGC 1.131, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

AMGC 1.131 CHANGELOG: pastebin.com/sHda5hTD

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

Said Add-Ons also linked here for further convenience.

Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts. Hint: it's not long.

And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

Rolled 7, 13, 19, 4, 10, 7, 17, 17, 10, 6, 5, 12 = 127 (12d20)

Rolled 6, 11, 11, 17, 3, 6 = 54 (6d20)

What's your megucas latest trauma /mgcyoag/

The SCS' core rulebook's updates were finished ahead of schedule, so here's the v1.5 update!

Expect the update to the OC&FF expansion sometime this week (looking like Wednesday right now, as I only need to finish typing up the last couple of enemies for the bestiary). Depending on how productive I'm allowed to be tonight I may even get it out in the next few hours.

The GM's guide (Worlds & Wishes) is scheduled to be put out next week. While the data I've gotten from the community regarding Spell Creation has been fantastic, I'm not as confident in it as I'd like to be, so expect a lot of subsequent patches to the SCS to include changes to Spell Creation. The GM's guide is considered part of the SCS v1.5 update, but is not required to play the game using the two existing PDFs.

Finding out her closest friends, family, and girlfriend have forgotten here. Yeah yeah, it's generic and came from the perk but it's still traumatic.

Fucking great work as always, can't wait for the expansion patches.
Any upcoming events? I'm itching to do combat. I finally rolled a girl with KB.

I personally am swamped with Real Life and working on the v1.5 update to run anything too intensive, but other people may be willing to GM if you check in the IRC or Discord.

If you were really itching for something in the SCS specifically, I could probably be convinced to run a combat test/tutorial in the Discord, as I could still use a little bit more data on a couple of enemies for the OC&FF expansion.

'S cool. I can be a patient bugger if it comes down to it. Hope you can push out the rest soon and then... THEN... I can unleash my loli on to the forces of evil.

Finding out that her home is divided and full of infighting.

In Emilia's absence, her home was attacked by members of the Beacon and ransacked, sections of it being destroyed entirely. The people responsible were brought to justice in her absence, but the Beacon still found her home, requiring her to move.

Everett has lost one of his allies in a fierce battle that took her life. While the loss may be temporary, it took its toll emotionally. He now spends a little too much of his time sitting in an apartment staring at a wall, waiting for the life to return to her body.

Cara and Dia have had trouble making rent, and they now have a giant printing press sitting around doing nothing.

Tasha couldn't find her favorite booze. Things are otherwise 200% okay for her.

None, save what they're causing for others.

Productivity was high this evening, and I was able to wrap up the last couple of Bestiary entries, so here's the OC&FF expansion!

Unlike the Core PDF, which had a lot of changes and additions, this one just got the additions of more enemies in the Bestiary.

Expect the GM's guide, Worlds & Wishes, sometime next week or early the week after.

Do you develop AMGCore as well? Or?

I've done some advising here and there for AMGC, and designed a couple of the concepts for currently-used perks and powers, but I'm not a main dev.

Honestly, even if I wanted to be a main dev on AMGC, the SCS has eaten most of the time I'm willing to devote to design these days, so I really just don't have the time to work on both. Besides, I think it's better that both systems have separate core development teams, even if they do advise each other from time to time. Helps keep ideas fresh while making sure that we're doing what works.

Note to newbies: The Discord is a group formed in opposition to the IRC. The IRC contains many, many more users and is where actual RP is happening.

>The Discord is a group formed in opposition to the IRC.
Gonna need some proof there, buddy.
>The IRC contains many many more users
The Discord's about a week old. Of course the IRC has more people.
>and is where actual RP is happening
Again, a week old.

Your attempts to make the discord look bad are transparently just shitposting.

Well, you did hijack the thread and shittalk the IRC. It's plain to see that you want to try and insinuate control by whatever means you can since you were banned from the IRC. For good reasons, too.

>Some user said some things that I don't like, so the words MUST belong to a person I don't like, meaning that all user posts I don't like are actually being posted by the same person, defeating the point of anonymity.

Stop trying to engineer public response by calling "samefag". You can't prove it, and even if you did it wouldn't stop anybody that wanted to shitpost that hard.

I imagine you'd know all about wasting your energy to shitpost, though.

No one OWNS the Veeky Forums thread. The AMGC vocal supporters changed the thread in the first place to push their agenda. Is that not hijacking the thread?

Don't be hypocritical. NOTHING is stopping you from posting your information after ours. You're just picking a fight, and frankly, it only makes you and the rest of the IRC look bad.

No, I disagree. The IRC and Discord info should be posted side by side.

We can't force a section of the community to fight for their relevance. It's not right nor fair to them.

A while back, we had an OP that compressed all of the AMGC and SCS PDFs into a single post with the core rulebook as the image and the supplements in a MEGA link in the post. There's no reason we can't go back to that formula and include both IRC and Discord info in the OP, so that people can pick and choose what platforms they wish to use.

People that say that the Discord should be the ONLY avenue of MGCYOA discussion are no better than the people saying that the IRC is the only true community. Only through fair coexistence can we hope to achieve the true potential of this community.

I have a feeling that most of the people who shill for discord don't actually use the discord server anyway, considering how dead it always is on there.

The same could be said of the people that shill against the Discord. It's got uptimes just like the IRC does.

Everytime i've went on the IRC it was dead. Therefore it must always be dead.

Do you see the fault with that logic?
Hawaii time fucking sucks.

Is this fully completed and not going to be updated anymore?

It's com-fucking-pletely obvious that the Discord and associated posts stem from one person. The same person that oh, I don't know... happened to post his update shortly after the posts promoting it?
Use your head here. It's one guy with a grudge.

I for one don't have the source file to update it. There has been some talk of revising the fusion rules, though.

Explain this shit.

The person who made it abandoned it and refused to share their pdf source file. It's now severely outdated and was never balanced to begin with.
Ignore it.

sasuga shitpost-kun.

I'd like to get in on this, but I've never done an online RP before. Are there any logs I can read to get a feel for etiquette and how things are done?

The thread is pretty slow, just hop in the Discord linked in the OP and we'll hook ya up

Really, the best way is to hop on the IRC or Discord and just talk to people. Either works fine.

There is some writing floating around.

I did a short story with my own two characters that reads rather like an RP, though not exactly like one. Link: pastebin.com/28c3gbnH

Other than that, yeah, just show up and chat with people. I'm in IRC and that works for me; never been in the discord

That's a nice piece of writing, any plans of continuing?

I'll probably do more little short fics as I find the time for them, but I've never had the patience for anything longer. So yes and no, you'll see this pair interact more the next time I get around to writing something for them.

>Drama will be cut down before it starts!
Good one mate

Why split this community needlessly?

Just come back to the IRC.

The biased mods have refused to uplift the ban on a certain member. So, no. The moderation in the IRC is laughably bad and the environment it fosters can't be fixed.

What if the certain member and the rest of you grew up?

DSD threatened actual legal action against people. Whatever other reasons were given for his ban, he's toxic.

If Wander and the other mods gave up their position and held an election for the position, I'd consider it. Known problem members who have been inflammatory would also need to be banned.
Tangent, Tian and Torque would be a good start.

What is the cause of this butthurt with them, and why can't you grow up and out of it?

>actual split between irc and discord
Just stick with irc you shits.
Communist out.

Yeah stick with the IRC that caters to mainland USA time. It's not like people live outside it.

Is that a joke? DSD was a legitimately awful person who constantly picked fights. You sorry fuckers can have him.

>There will not be censorship, hate based on different opinions, and no unfair moderation unlike the predecessor of IRC.
What did Torque do to you anyways?

Gonna make a punch girl

Torque is every bit as bad as Tangent when it comes to mudslinging against people he doesn't agree with.

Please provide an example.

Look in the last threads and the titanpad project he's begun. Without giving any prior indication he has arbitrarily labeled community projects and lore as IRC only despite posting to the thread for input.
He has no formal moderation status and no right to act like one.

Weapon
15yo
Average (+1 Vit)
STR 12
AGI 4
VIT 7
MAG 6
LCK 6
Fire (+3 STR)
Fist (+3 STR)
Flowing (+1 STR)
Regeneration
Purification Artifact
+1 MAG, Sorcery
+1 LCK, Closure
+1 LCK, Fated
Fake Parents
Lesser Forces (Focused, Alien Mind)

On second thought, I should have gone with Smug.

Directing a titanpad has nothing to do with being an IRC moderator. The AMGC-only nature of those pads should have been obvious if you were paying attention. The pads were posted to the thread so that they can be seen by IRC members who get on later. It makes no sense for DSD to weigh in on decisions such as Creature Girls that have nothing to do with him, and about which he has no perspective because he isn't on the IRC witnessing how players behave.

Furthermore, you did not give an example of mudslinging, which is what was asked of you.

You all claim that the IRC or discord is better than the thread.
But the thread is what new people see first and all this shit flinging is likely turning some people away.
Why the fuck are people so good at being magical bitches?

The current thread is already Discord-hijack shit anyways.

It's always online. It doesn't go offline or something once the US goes to bed. Not like discord fixes this problem.

Rolled 2, 5, 14, 12, 11, 2, 9, 17, 12, 6, 3 = 93 (11d20)

Rolled 19, 3, 9, 15, 13, 19, 10, 7, 9, 17, 11, 8 = 140 (12d20)

I have already mentioned this to Wander, DSD, and Flamy. But I propose that future threads include information for both the Discord and the IRC. If the thread is not fair to both sides in it's initial posts then it is the work of the shitposter everyone is so worried about.

This is what I think the new OP should look like. Pretty much the same as before.

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.
A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the Discord, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with the CYOA's purple PDF, and the Supplementary Combat System can be used for campaigns and PNP.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

Character Archive:
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns
discord.gg/FsuCpTJ

How about we not advertise for a group that drove and harassed some oldfags away?

Not this DSD-tier shit again...

The thread is a public forum. Would you rather another "hijack"? By putting it in the OP we discredit the shitposter by showing tolerance to another community. You don't have to use it, but it should be there for those who do.

Besides, you hate not having AMGC and IRC stuff up in the top. Think about how that feels to people who always have their stuff excluded.

Treat others the way you wish to be treated. If they continue to be an ass, you just prove yourself the better person. And it further discredits them. Don't win by stooping to their level, because you won't win that way.

That logic is fucking retarded.
None of us are obligated to cater and promote for faggots that have shat in our thread for months. The thread hijack is new but, as it hasn't happened before, no reason to expect it twice.
I'm not going to play nice and pander to bullies. They chose to be dicks and leave the IRC. Okay, cool. Then stay the fuck away. Promoting the attitude that it's fine to be a complete ass as long as you shitpost enough to get your way? Nope.
Pissbabies gonna piss.

Looks interesting. Too bad the IRC and Discord both look like drama shit. Don't want to involve myself with people like this.

Something seems awfully fishy about this post.

So just my two cents feel free to ignore.

I wasn't around for the whole DSD shenanigans, so perhaps my opinion carries less weight.

Or perhaps I'm looking at this with fresh eyes.

More pretend magical girl role play is better than less. If some people prefer discord... Let them. If the community is as toxic as you say, then it will exclude people naturally without any shitposting.

The same goes for the IRC.

Put everything on an equal footing, and let people choose what they like.

But for god's sake please stop shitting up the thread with "advertisement", bickering, and shit posting. Pointless, I know. But I had to ask.

Agreed. Just drop the Discord link and rules in with the OP with no advertising and shut the fuck up. It's too late to salvage this thread but this infighting better stop by next time.

Old writefag here.
No it doesn't make the IRC to look bad when it looks like the Discord people are trying to make the entire setting put under their control

Except the entirety of the Discord moderation have publicly declared a desire for the two to coexist peacefully.

What's more likely is that this entire problem is the result of a third party's actions. By making it so that only the shitposter is slinging mud, we make EVERYONE look good.

Nobody ever walked into a thread, saw a shitposter being ignored, and then said "whoa there that's too much drama".

As an addendum to this, the IRC moderation has agreed that there's no reason the two can't coexist.

The only people that are generating drama in the thread are people that are going out of their way to try to start shit, and should be completely ignored.

I'm not going to believe the Discord moderation when 1 is a known liar, the 2nd is underage, and the 3rd has said jack all about it.
The fact that the Discord exists is proof that they're trying to cause a split. The fact that the same few people have been consistently thrown under the bus by A Discord Mod is consistent with everything I've heard.
Obviously this is just their new scheme to continue to talk smack. DSD gets to continue to manipulate the community with user posts, makes his own community where he has power, and then denies the reason he wanted to be a Discord mod. It's all one big power fantasy resulting in him getting his cake and eating it too. Utterly pathetic.

Let's take this out of the thread. If I make the threads I'm going to repost the old thread text. No one can stop me.

I was going to respond to this with an eloquent counterargument that disassembled your presented logic and exposed it to be a flimsy joke, but then you said this:
>If I make the threads I'm going to repost the old thread text. No one can stop me.

This statement alone tells me all I need to know, and tells me not to bother wasting my time trying to use logic on a shitposter.

It gives me tremendous satisfaction when I, a person attempting to roleplay a magical girl of all things, must feel the need to tell you to get a life.

>Being this butt hurt and adamant about a group of people who do their own thing.
If anything you should be glad that they are in discord. But no, you keep dredging shit over and over again.

Rolled 19, 11, 14, 5, 3, 19, 14, 17, 8, 18, 1 = 129 (11d20)

check'd

Is there an AMGC essential mahou shoujo viewing list? Need some inspiration

I wrote My absolute bare minimum list could be:

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
CardCaptor Sakura
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Heartcatch PreCure
Princess Tutu
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya

*I wrotederp

>None of us are obligated to cater and promote for faggots that have shat in our thread for months
How you are being obligated?

Violet, Chisa and Nene.

When do you guys want to continue this little quest?

>implying anyone watches all that

Madoka and if you REALLY want more, Sailor Moon

Rolled 14, 20, 15, 2, 14, 5, 16, 17, 7, 7, 4 = 121 (11d20)

AMG anime never

Korean Zombie Desk Car not good enough for you?

>Deen

Twin tails

With that kind of attitude you're part of the problem

I don't see Nanoha in this list user
youtube.com/watch?v=wba6XWbpT-k