Tg approved vidya

Could you guys help me fill the blanks?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Minecraft
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SMAC, all tiles.

The original is already on the chart, third row.

I'm not finding any Dragon's Dogma in there.

Space Station 13

UnReal World, obviously.

Fallout Tactics is pgood too. Silly as fuck, but does rpg/tactical combat.

Incubation was great for that too. Story line was cheeesy scifi but that was sort of the point.

Albion was a well put together scifi rpg world.

Dominion was a turn based fantasy empire game that wasn't that great but had a cool system for capturing monsters from your rivals and magically mixing their characteristics in your dungeon to make better monsters.

The sequel to Syndicate, Syndicate Wars is cyberpunk squad based combat with some dark shit going on.

Warwind 1 and 2 were at least trying to be innovative for RTS. Unit progression and fog of war, multiple factions with different arcs and units, living world. They probably suck to play now though. 2 got dumb and added humans.

FTL is a newer scifi ship command rougelike that's very tg related. So is Eulogy For A Dead Planet but in a narrative story game way.

Middens and the Lisa series are more jrpgs, but the world building is very creative and worth looking at for game inspiration.

>Total Annihilation
Yes, so much yes, thank you user

Is Fallout Tactics worth playing? Pretty sure it's in my steam library from when I bought the Fallout classics bundle...

depends do you like tactical RPGs with excellent turn based combat? Then yes, you want to play it. If you're a fan of games like Ogre Tactics or the better entries of the Final Fantasy Tactics series you should adjust easily enough.

however if you want a game like FF1 and 2 with rich storytelling and roleplaying? YEah it doesn't have that, and it's broadstrokes canon so it's full of non canon nonsense.

I love the game but it's not for everyone.

Good call lads

Dominions 4 can be added or could replace Dominions 3.

Dwarf Fortress is there, but I don't see Rimworld.

Endless Legend is pretty fantastic.

Alpha Protocol gets mentioned a lot, as for the rest I see that most of the games I'd suggest are already in. Maybe put some combat mission/steel panthers for the wargame feel.

Steam Bot Chronicles
Okage Shadow King
The Monster Rancher series
Lost Planet 2
Monster Hunter
Demons/Dark Souls/Blood Bourne
Shadow of the Collosus
Ico
Alpha Protocol
Phantom Crash
Steel Lancer Arena International

Mordheim, BG: Armada, Vermintide, TW: Warhammer... newer Games Workshop stuff in general is mandatory. Or does the game have to be run on a toaster to be considered fa/tg/uy approved?

It really is

I'd add Silver to your list, I loved that game back in the day. Great story, controls and graphics for those days. It even had some skaven lookalikes ffs.

Etrian odyssey 3&4 for a dungeon crawler

Asura's wrath is quite literally Exalted.

The only good taste in this thread besides OP.

I'd mention Space Rangers 2.

So, wait. You want us to throw every CRPG ever made at you?

These types of lists might be more useful if they focused solely on "overlooked gems" or other less common suggestions. Everybody and their brother already knows about Diablo and Baldur's Gate, so why bother to recommend them to anyone?

I'd also branch out to consoles. There are plenty of considerations that can hold a candle to your favorite PC games. For instance, I'm sure much of Veeky Forums would be able to enjoy King's Field, assuming the dated graphics aren't an issue.

Invisible Inc. An interesting spin to the UFO formula with an expanded gameplay.

Any RTS that bears the Westwood logo.

It refers pretty much to any video game that fits the Commander Keen Rules. Playable on that sexy second hand ThinkPad is a plus.

>charging armed enemies with a stun-rod
>spin to the UFO formula
That's not the part of the game I'd like to remember. Even
>Prime HE, throw a Rookie
was less frustrating.

Updated chart. Good recommendations so far.

I didn't see Temple of Elemental Evil on that list. It's possibly the most faithful recreation of D&D(3.5) rules to date, although there were some liberties taken with spell lists for some reason. The game is incredibly buggy right out of the box, but there are a few official updates to make it more playable. Alternatively, you can try Co8's mod. (which I didn't care for, since it adds too much original content)

And no classic Ultima?

Speaking of PS1, Vagrant Story is an incredibly challenging dungeon crawler with a great plot. Probably Squaresoft's opus. That is, before they merged with Enix and started churning out shitty fanfic-tier games.

Avernum, Avadon, and Nethergate Ressurection should probably be on there.

Zettai Hero Project was pretty good.

Seconding FTL: Faster Than Light, and adding Dragon Age: Origins.

Dark Souls especially. It's a loveletter to classic rpgs and I'm surprised how much it actually took from D&D in terms of mechanics. Mostly things like attunement until you rest.

Darkest Dungeon

I'm genuinely impressed with the series approach to gameplay and the inspiration it takes from OSR shit. Demons Souls has honest to god mindflayers and shit that wouldn't have been out of place in an old adventure module.

Boletaria Palace has a ton of traps that wouldn't have been out of place in OD&D.

Princess Maker 2
Cataclysm DDA
Settlers 2
Bloodbowl
Dishonored
Kerbal Space Program
Sword of the Stars

Fable is pretty classic and Minecraft has been on the list of Veeky Forums approved RPGs since before it was popular.

Disgaea, for the 4e fans like myself

King's Field did all of this before Dark Souls was ever conceived. It's more or less a forerunner to the series. The writing in KF isn't as shitty though.

not surprised, since Veeky Forums really loves eating shit

Halo

Total War: Warhammer

>Minecraft is Veeky Forums aproved
haha what

Also throwing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in
>tfw internet is too bad to play that anymore

Take that attitude to /v/ where it belongs, either discuss things or offer alternatives instead of shitting up the place

sid meiers simgolf
caesar III
soulstorm
command and conquer: red alert
hitman codename 47
pillars of eternity
grand theft auto vice city

why wouldn't minecraft be Veeky Forums approved? its a good sandbox game with room for rp

summer pls go

Because normies like it. That's literally it. Nevermind that minecraft has been on that list since before Notch sold it to microsoft and became a gorrilionaire.

Sauce on pic?

I really don't see how some other game doing it first years before somehow invalidates the series doing it later

encyclopediadramatica.se/Minecraft

Sword of the Stars.

The chart needs better organization, it's a hot mess. Maybe alphabetical?

It should be sorted either by setting/theme or game genre

I suppose it's the stigma bought on by Microjew marketing it toward kids, which pretty much kicked off the userbase's slow descent into medocrity. The modding community ain't what it used to be, and the updates have been just okay. (Thousands of hours of development and you still can't put two double-chests together) It's also probably because I've been in since late Alpha and am absolutely sick of playing it.

Ring Of Red motherfucker.

Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong, the nes Shadowrun game.

Majesty

Final Fantasy Tactics or FFT the Lion Wars

Wasteland 1 & 2

Age of Decadence

I enjoy Project Zomboid but it might not be everyones cup of tea

LISA

Crusader Kings 2

Divinity: Dragon Commander
Darksiders
Deadspace
Overlord
Styx: Master of Shadows

Got here as fast as I could.

Second best LucasArts after The Dig desu senpai

Summoner and Sword of the Samurai belong on the list.

Anno 1404
Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri
Bastard Bonds
Duskers
Evil Genius
Darkest Dungeon
Geneforge series
Legend of Grimrock
Mini Metro
Neo Scavenger
Sanctuary RPG
Stronghold
Majesty
Underrail
Wasteland 2
Z
Darkest Hour: a HoI game
Victoria II
Starfleet Command
Captain Blood

Seconding Evil Genius. Loads of fun

Seconded.

>Darkest Hour
What about HoI4?

>not posting the best pic

It should probably be sorted by what makes them Veeky Forums related (Veeky Forums settings, mechanics, IP's, etc.)

Possibly. I'd say the most recent Earth Defence Force is pretty Veeky Forums, it's HFY and has a setting ripe for games

>EDF is pretty Veeky Forums, its HFY
Woah I need to be wearing boots because this slope is so slippery

I'm really not sure if this is /gsg/ or serious, but 4 is easily worse than Darkest Hour and 3, even disregarding whether or not it's Veeky Forums.

It's listed already.

Is Mystery of the Druids actually worthwhile, or is it just a meme game?

Anyway, as for actual recommendations, Thea: the Awakening is pretty cool. It's a 4X/Kingdom Builder in a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting.

>no Mount&Blade

Anons, I am disappoint

On another note, Stick of Truth was pretty good

Warband is up there, user.

Where? I wasn't able to find it.

Under Diablo 2

Different cover than I'm used to.

Who would have guessed that brass letters on a yellow background would be difficult to read

CKR is a bit outdated now that /vr/ exists, though the mods don't seem to mind as long as we keep it to one thread.

Games settings I'd like to run a campaign in: Alpha Centauri, Star Control 2 (equivalently Ur-Quan Mansters), Mount & Blade, Nexus: Jupiter Incident (human/solar system only though)

>hiver cultural program
SotS lore is pretty well put together. They made a cute roguelite called The Pit I put a few hours into.

It's an awful point and click adventure that would have died a ignominious death were it not for meme magic.

Well, get the harness and boots on, we're going to need to abseil down to get enough gems and high quality stuff to use as material

The Last Remnant is on there? Huh, still need to beat that game, currently fighting the 6 generals. Shit is fucking nuts.

>Geneforge is on there
>But not Exile/Avernum
Why?

Avernum needs to be there, as well as Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea

Geneforge is on there brow.

>No Hegemony
>No Hand of Fate

Older titles too? Okay:
Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin

No Blade Runner?

came here just to say this

Stellaris is pretty Veeky Forums in an Eclipse Phase kinda way. Can't we just use the Commander Keen Rule though?

>Crusader Kings 2

This, last time we discussed tg games, half the posts were about ck2.

I liked Crusader Kings 1, AKA Homosexual Son Simulator, more.

You know, I gotta say, the storyline in XIV has so far fucking amazed me.

I fucking forget it's an MMO sometimes.

>no soulstorm
>carmageddon

Now i'm curious - how is carmageddon Veeky Forums approved? Its a good game sure but i'm not seeing the connection.

I really like Satellite Reign - spiritual successor to Syndicate Wars

I've spendt an inordinate ammount of time talking about Monster Hunter, FFTactics+Advance/A2, Bloodborne and Legacy of Kain here.
Like, I could put all the times I've talked about those games at all /v/ boards plus a handfull of gaming forums and I'd still have spent more time discussing them here on Veeky Forums.

Torchlight is also pretty neat, is Diablo for murderhobos rather than edgelords.

>GW stuff
>Veeky Forums approved

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus maybe?

I really want to like it but it just gets so boring after a few hours.

>No CK
>Dominions 3 instead of 4

I think Fallout New Vegas deserves a spot along with 1 and 2

NEO Scavenger should be on that list.

> no sengoku rance

Fix this.

Armored Core
Cataclysm: DDA
Satellite Reign

Glad to see EYE on the list.

I recommend this. Nothing like breaking people's arms and legs by slinging rocks at them.

Or that feeling when you find an intact hiking backpack to haul your plastic bottles filled with tannin tea.