tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-returned-1/
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13119&d=276758&f=MO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The overall and paper Modern Metagame

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Modern deck primers link:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Tiers are usage-based. A Tier 2 deck may be better than a Tier 1 deck in a specific Metagame.

>As another user said you need something to play before your 3 drops and it doesn't get better than a Noble Hierarch for a deck like that.
You can always just Serum Visions and Tarmogoyf. T1 fetch Visions, T2 Goyf. Congratulations he's a 2/3 that doesn't die to Bolt.

Personally I don't like Goyf in bant coco for just that reason; I really like the mana dork route, and with paths and cocos you aren't going to get much goyf fuel.

Nobles do so much work, and at the very least offer another coco target if you whiff. The exalted is way too good. Honestly the deck plays a lot like Bant Eldrazi but instead of going for stirrings/temples you go for classic creatures. There's so much good stuff going on for it, and Tamiyo, Queller, Selfless Spirit, Tracker, even Corralhelm and Reflector Mage, have given bant some nice toys. Theres even Thalia and Duskwatch as decent additions.

Unrelated but I'm surprised so many people are jamming spirits too, when tribal Humans is at it's peak.

Was there any other creature like Bloodbriar in Eldritch moon?

I'm gonna try making sac deck around that dude and possibly Rot Shambler.

If I were going the CoCo theme I would keep my creature count high and not run Serum Visions at all. The play you suggested is good but fits better in a control/midrange strategy instead.

I was envisioning Bant Company in modern as a midrange list though. In Bant colours, 3 mana is practically midrange.

It might just be a matter of definitions. Look at Junk vs Abzan CoCo. They are both value decks (even though the second one is also a combo deck) yet they have different shells. The Junk type is what I meant with midrange - value creatures but also good removal and other stuff like discard and lili. CoCo decks just want a lot of value creatures below 4 mana and not a lot of non creature spells.

For standard or modern?
For modern, go aristocrats. It does the same thing except it does right for the life total instead of combat, and it does it quite well.

For standard, you want zulaports. I like shambler but bloodbriar seems too slow. Blisterpods are sweet, relentless dead might have synergy, catacomb sifter is made for the deck, same as flip lilly. Evolutionary leap is op.
Carrier thrall and hangarback are decent, smothering abomination and nankuto husk are cool, elvish visionary is filler, fleshback is ok, duskwatch recruiter ok, primal druid is ok, a single cryptolith rights is neat

I personally feel like Catacomb Sifters are ment for emerge.

There are better choices than them for golgari sac deck, but about aristocrats modern sac deck I never actually even considered that, althou I'd need to make more research about those since it didn't come to my mind at all.

Meanwhile reassembling skelly man + shambers + husk deck with from beyond and blisterpods is a deck I've wanted to make for quiet some time.

Ulvenwald mysteries seems sweet, and theres some cool white cards I could see.

Go back to your containment thread

I agree with you but with recent memeing I feel like we are in the containment thread.

And I forgot my question. Where do I jam my Tasigurs? I dont need a comp deck, I already have naya burn. Grixis? I would stay away from BUG because I dont have lands nor goyfs for that.

Were old cards really worded like this?

Boy

The fuck?

I haven't browsed Veeky Forums for 4 years, did i miss some epic maymays that triggered you from my sincere questions/views about a deck?

"If epic maymays did not exist, it would be necessary to invent them." - Voltaire

no, they were worse

Posted in last thread, didn't get any real feedback. Rate my jank. Suggestions appreciated.

>creatures
monastery swiftspear x4
stormchaser mage x4
light house chronologist x4
sage of hours x4
thrummingbird x4

>instants and sorceries
distortion strike x4
artful dodge x4
aerial formation x4
stitch in time x4

>artifacts
elixir of immortality x4
sundial of the infinite x1

>planeswalker
Ral Zarek x1

>land
shivan reef x4
islands x8
mountains x6

Posted in the last thread, didn't get any real response. Let's try again.

Rate my jank. Suggestions appreciated.

>creatures
monastery swiftspear x4
stormchaser mage x4
light house chronologist x4
sage of hours x4
thrummingbird x4

>instants and sorceries
distortion strike x4
artful dodge x4
aerial formation x4
stitch in time x4

>artifacts
elixir of immortality x4
sundial of the infinite x1

>planeswalker
Ral Zarek x1

>land
shivan reef x4
islands x8
mountains x6

What if players could choose hero powers like those in hearthstone? A player could only choose a hero power if their deck has the colors to use it. Would an idea like this help to balance modern?

Dude, holy shit, just stop

It's like someone took a bad version of U Turns and UR Delver and mixed them. I'm not really sure what this decks even wants to do.

Far worse.

>take two cards from your library

oh lordy that is exploitable wording

If the card actually did that, it would be the best card in the game.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-returned-1/
Hey lads, how can I improve this for kitchen table purposes?

Jund Burn

Throw money at it.

Have any of you guys tested either this or Bedlam Reveler in Burn?

I feel as if you can do some real loads of damage with this in a spell that just offloads on instants and sorceries. Probably in Storm as well.

Is Taking Turns a memedeck or can it actually win?

Into what cards nigga

Check the casual thread. This the competitive modern thread

Burn is generally more creature heavy these days making reveler harder to cast. It has more of a home in ur/x, but it might be worth a shot. I'd say thermo alchemist is more of a storm/prowess kind of card. You play this on me when you could have played a pair of swiftspears, an eidolon or a couple bolts and i'll be ecstatic.

what are some tier 2-ish decks in the 400-500$ range?

I don't run Nacatls tho

Elves sans Cavern of Souls.
I prefer monogreen with razorverges for white sideboard hate. Black/green is generally only good of you got cavern of souls.

Merfolk, Eldrazi and taxes, elves.

Try it out then. They're only a few bucks.

any one have any experience with MTGProxyStore on etsy?
do people notice they are fake?

Mono White Death and Taxes.
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13119&d=276758&f=MO

What's the 1 of Flagstones for? They don't have any nonbasic plains to search for or anything that cares about the number of plains you have.

This is just my lack of experience with the deck, but flickerwisp and Restoration angel are used to save your creatuers from removal, right?

If you get mana screwed with Ghost Quarters, I guess. I mean, there's almost no reason not to run one.

Flickerwisp can do a whole lot of things if you have an aether vial. Resto is generally used for saving things or blinking wisps and blade splicers for that sweet value.

yes but like user above said, flickerwesp gets all permanents so it so can be played offensively too, exiling potential blockers, lands, etc. It returns them on end step so if your using it on your own cards it will blinks creatures through board wipes, and if you use it on their end step the permanent doesn't come back until the end of the next turn. It is a fun card and I always misplay with it.

Don't make me get the chains boy.

Oh god please no.

Don't do it!

Actually, I'm pretty sure the wording on this should be generic mana, not colourless. Generic mana has been a thing since forever.

Be that as it may, no one really cares.

How good is creature toolbox?

Hey buddy you got the wrong door, pauper thread is two blocks down.

How come this creature doesnt see play?
His stats are pretty par for the course. He cant be countered and he wipes the board of lingering souls tokens. Also flash it in on end step and swing on your turn.

3 mana dies to bolt. Here's your answer. Lingering souls tokens are now marginal.

Lingering souls aren't that scary. Not worth spending a sideboard slot on.

what do you guys think about ur storm in modern
is it good?

>He cant be countered
I fucking hate it when people think split second means things it doesn't.

>I fucking hate it when people think split second means things it doesn't.
You're right. Split second is much better than can't be countered.
At least you can Rootborn Defenses someone's Supreme Verdict
Split second was a mistake

How was it a mistake? What cards with split second aren't fun

>Not sacrificing your Fiend Hunter to Krark-Clan Ironworks when there's a Mycosynth Lattice down to bring your Mystic Snake back and counter it
Get a load of THIS faggot.

All of them

Ok. Just wondering. I like the card.
Well i meant in modern that is. No one plays counterbalance in modern. And for all intents and purposes Split Second cards are hard to interact with. I knew he could be counterbalanced but that requires them having a 3 mana card on top since they cant activate tops ability.

tfw brewing cb deck using hedron alignment
he he he

What's a budget infect build I can evolve into full on infect

This is fine. Surgical extraction is worse.

mono g

Extirpate is better in Legacy

He's objectively powerful as a sideboard card. The only issue is that there isn't really a deck that he is needed against, and there probably isn't a deck that really wants the body. He's at a playable power level, but there isn't a meta reason for him.

Can't remember this card name for the life of me: It's an artifact creature 4/4 and has text like "all non artifacts cost 2 more"

came out somewhere between zendikar and scars of mirrodin

I think you're thinking of Lodestone Golem

What are the non optimal fetches i could use for infect?

Not quite ready to blow 4-500 shekels on zendikar fetches

>Workshop
>Mox
>Lodestone Golem
MAAAARROOOOOOO

Basically any green fetch since you can get your 1 breeding pool to cast blighted agent and spell pierce if necessary. You'll want at least 8 if you run become immense and/or groundswell.

4 Misties wouldn't really put you back that far, but since you're only trying to get Breeding Pool and Forests, you can do with something like

4x Windswept Heath
4x Wooded Foothills
1/2x Misty Rainforest

You should be able to get this for 200 euros or less

incase you need 2 white sources and have flagstones and GQ or have GQ and they have no goods hit and you think your deck.

>What's the 1 of Flagstones for?
It's basically a Plains that turns your Ghost Quarters into a Plains if needs be, without ruining your curve. I'm playing UW Taxes at the moment and it's a sweet pseudo-fetchland.

Hello where are the verdant catacombs reprint

When Wizards announces FTV: Modern. It'll contain:

>Scalding Tarn
>Misty Rainforest
>Verdant Catacomb
>Arid Mesa
>Marsh Flats
>Dark Confidant
>Grove of the Burnwillows
>Inkmoth Nexus
>Ensnaring Bridge
>Blood Moon
>Snapcaster Mage
>Cryptic Command
>Mox Opal
>Tarmogoyf
>Liliana of the Veil

The RRP will be $300, and Wizards will announce that their intention with the set is to lower the price of Modern to allow more people to play it. This will also have the knockon effect of showing speculators that Wizards are infact willing to reprint cards, which will cause them to dump their stock and lower the price of everything relating to Modern.

As another announcement, Wizards will also state that Modern Masters will be used as a channel through which they can introduce brand new card and reprints into Modern without them needing to go through Standard, allowing them to put powerful spells into Modern without risking warping Standard.

Wizards will save Modern and make horrific amounts of money at the same time.

It saddens me that WotC could do this at any time but they choose not to.
Magic is only expensive because WotC wants it to be.

The amount of warnings from marked cards caused by shit foils from FTV serie would explode.

Wizards will also announce none of the cards will be foil.

It's called Vanguard card

>tfw scalding tarn is 50 euros

>tfw I've passed the point where I think 50 euros is too much for a card and willingly spend hundreds of euros a month on some cardboard

>tfw i want to play magic and be a student

I spent like 150 euros yesterday finishing D&T.

I just bought a playset of Hierarchs + some other shit

I'd pay 1200 dollars for 4 of those, the problem being that nobody would actually sell me 4 at retail price

thats budget

Man why can't new magic creatures be like this? They're all ridiculously overpowered horse shit with hexproof, trample, value, its insane and degenerate. Goodstuff.dek should not really exist, they should be more like kiki-jiki. Creatures in magic should be small, designed around utility or interesting effects, or so awful at higher than 5 power that you feel bad just for including them in your deck

Black carriage is the pinnacle of MTG creature design.

I said finishing

Hey, this probably isn't the best thread to post in but I've just started Magic recently and am currently running a white - red deck. However most of my creatures are powerful late game so I usually just end up losing fairly early before I can get up to that level, especially by aggressive decks. Can someone tell me what are some good early game creatures, spells or tactics I can do to counteract this? Should I just cut down on the powerful creatures?

Run removal spells or countermagic to stall the game out, in a nutshell.

Only played MtG from Zendikar -> Scars of Mirrodin.

Even worth getting back into? I bought a fat pack for Battle for Zendikar thinking it might reinvigorate that interest in the game but didn't do much for me.

Modern seems like the format I want to play but is it bad to go balls deep into Modern if I'm coming back after however many years? Jesus christ when did Scars come out anyway?

Bustin' mirrors and saving magic since 2004

I would do that, but aren't most removal spells and counterspells blue territory? I run a white - red deck, should I just switch to say white - blue? Is white-red even a good color combination in comparison to others?

Counterspells are blue, removal is white, red, and black. If you want to be a massive faggot get some copies of Swords to Plowshares.

>Swords to Plowshares
legacy cucks, out