Star Falcons Chapter Creation

Continuing from Fred

The Star Falcons were founded as a standing force in the 39th Millennium by the Ultramarines with unblemished Gene Seed. The Star Falcons' demeanor as a chapter is stealth- observe without being spotted. Their figure of legend was the Master of Sanctity who brutalized the Orks in the area so bad they still remember his name and are scared shitless by him.

The Star Falcons live on a Jungle Hive World, which they rule distantly and rarely interact with their people, or truly rule at all. When it comes to Codex Adherency the Star Falcons are slightly divergent, making using strange and highly deadly avian companion animals in battle, from which they get their names. As for doctrine the Star Falcons prefer drop pod assaults, launching devastating ambushes to decapitate the enemy swiftly and cleanly.

Belief wise the Star Falcons worship Guilliman, and view him as the greatest Primarch and hold him above all save the Emperor. Recently the Chapter has sustained some serious losses, so they're understrength and probably number somewhere around 800 marines instead of a full 1,000 or larger. The Star Falcons are bros with the Adeptus Mechanicus (likely aiding their replenishment of power and termiantor armor), while their nemesis is Chaos Space Marines. Possibly the Star Falcons were founded as a standing force to kill a certain Chaos Space Marine Warband.

Now time to bring in the writefags to work out the fluff for the Chapter, and to decide on a color scheme.

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282304-chapter-generator/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Spores_of_Madness
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This one right here! It's perfect and harkens back to the Ultramarines.

For the Falcons that we keep should we have a few different varieties such as small, medium etc.?

You mean the companion animals? Sure.

What can you tell me about the falcons themselves?

They're horrifying little things native to the Hive Cities of the Chapter's homeworld, omnivorous that reproduce asexually by splitting themselves like an amoeba. They also have a 6th sense, and are farmed by the population for consumption. They have functioning wings that allow flight and their skin is made of steel. Finally they have the attributes-

Regeneration
Mind Control
Musk
Plague Ridden
Stun

By the Emperor why would anyone farm these things? They sound like they should be on a deathworld instead.

It's a mad world.

Alright to start off, let's do the current Chapter Master. How old is he? What armor does he wear (artificer vs terminator)? What weapons does he find ideal?

Personally I vote for a 500 year old Chapter master wielding two chainfists in terminator armor with an iron halo.

I wouldn't say splitting off like amoeba, more like each one is capable of laying fertile eggs that hatch into new critters.

Because all you have to do is give them enough food and they spawn by themselves, you don't need to wait for mating, and their meat tastes pretty good. And the eggs do, too.

500 years old sounds venerable.

Don't really like using termy armor, though. I'd give him a battle axe. You don't see those very often.

what program do you use to make these figures?

Chapter Generator

where can I get it?

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282304-chapter-generator/

sweet. now to get all the bling.

Any way, have you got a name for the chapter master?

That's...kinda retarded

But keep this thread alive until the morning, I like the look of these guys

Last bump before bed

>they even fasts like sanic.
Maybe I've been here too long and can't tell the difference between shitposting and regular posts anymore, but everything you wrote reeks of autism.

It's called Rogue Trader random dice tables.

They produce glorious things.

>They produce glorious things.

Play RT. Can confirm.

Well to settle first on the location of the Homeworld, IMO considering the nemesis of the Chapter, and their likely cause of founding- Chaos Astartes, I'd say that the homeworld should be located near the Eye of Terror. Somewhere between Cadia and Hydraphur. Culturally though I'm at a loss for what the Chapter should be, besides some Medieval European country or generic Imperial world #784357598753.

How about we have it in Segmentum Obscurus? Close to the border to Segmentum Pacificus?

I suggest we call the planet/system we have; Ethenia

Just trying to be productive here.

CAN THEY ALL BE SPACE COKE ADDICTS?

LIKE HARD UP ON THE WARP DUST?

Thread's not dead, noice.

Glorious is one way to put it. Completely retarded is another. Having them be this loathsome pest with unthought of tactical applications is an interesting idea, but I thino this is one of those times we have to use the rolls as guide lines and suggestions, and not steadfast truth.

Culturally I think we should jusy stay with the Greco-Roman theme of the Ultramarines, no reason for these guys to he ultrasnowflakes.

Chapter Master Aurelian Barca?

The bird that are used by the chapter as companions, and as a food source for the populous on the planet is decended from the aincent Terran falcon. But it is said that during the Dark Age of Technology a genespliced offshoot of the falcon was brought to the planet for unknown reasons. But over the millennias it managed to adapt to the planet and even be onto of the food chain for the lesser critters and bugs that roam the jungles.

What do you think? Still can't think of a good name for it though

ok, so if the qualities of this animal seem a bit overdone, we could just reduce the abilities to

6th sense, stun and regen

retcon the background so that they are just natives of the jungles outside the hives.

Bump

Bump

That sounds good, but how Avain are these Falcons anyways? They sound almost insectoid to me

Probably something like that Skarmory Pokemon.

I'm not too familiar with Greco-Roman though. Maybe space crusader order?

I'm pretty familiar with Greco-Roman nonsense, and considering we are sons of Guilliman its fairly easy to translate. All in all I've seen the cultural aspect get pushed to the extreme, like with the Sanguine Shields, and I would prefer if these guys had a little more going on for them. And if you don't think Space crusaders aren't done to death I encourage you to look up the Black Templars and the Dark Angels

As for the falcons lets just settle for metallic "feathers".

>The avain creatures of Emboraca VII knowns as Blade Falcons are known for their stunning resemblance to ancient Terran raptors, barring their chitinous bodies concealed by layers of stiff, silvery feathers that have been compared to steel wires. Despite their noble bearing these creatures are often considered pests in the hives. In fact the Star Falcons themselves only discovered their namesake because they were infesting the rafters of their fortress monastery

BUMP

Bump

I think we also need to consider the Chapter's flaws, and I think an overwhelmingly feasible one is great pride. Being descended from the Ultramarines I think we can fluff these guys up as the insufferable blue faggots of Wardian proportion that we all hate as opposed to how they are supposed to be like in the Space Marine video game as evidenced my Captain Titus.

Obviously this pride and over reliance on their heritage led them to a crushing defeat at the hands of a Chaos Warband (I vote Red Corsairs) after centuries of just crushing idiot orks with Codex Approved Tactical Superiority(tm). I think this defeat and subsequent loss of the majority of their forces would have forced them to turn inward and seek to rectify the damage that their hubris had wrought

Last bump before bed

How about we have this warband as the ones that beat us?
1d4chan.org/wiki/Spores_of_Madness

I'd prefer if we kept it as a canon warband

So how do they adapt the Codex Astartes now that their forces are decimated?

What units are they most lacking in?

das bump

I wish we had threads like this more often