SS13: d20

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client. There's games other than SS13, but enter those at your own risk.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
You'll also want a BYOND account,which gives you a ckey so you can save preferences and be recognized by the game. It's highly recommended to make an account if you're experiencing connection issues or don't want to be a fat tourist/starving space bum.

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>How do I play
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter) and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC. There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game or being a dick. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>D20 wiki where?
robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/

>When does everyone play?
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/3031/

>Who are these tripfaggots?
Usually admins/coders in the server.

hahah yeah that was pretty funny, right?

Anyone planning on getting on later tonight? I need a crash course on some of the new mechanics

Just don't trust Father Relaxe and you should be fine.

please stop
it's been over a year

I'm starting to think this is bot

I'll stop when this fucking thread stops needing bumps to stay alive I mean when Father Relaxe's town stops letting him have internet.

Anything you need to know?

Well, just a basic rundown on some of the new medical features as well as some pointers on getting a decently stable burn mix for the engine.

I'm going to assume you want to know about limb wounds and blood.

After armor reduction is applied damage is applied to limbs. When there is enough brute/mangle damage to cause a limb wound it will be applied to the limb. Right now the thresholds are 2 mangle / 8 brute for cuts and 7 mangle / 25 brute for fractures.
Limb wounds mostly just bleed until they're healed. Blood loss is determined by how much damage was dealt to apply the wound and comes in two flavors: external and internal. The severity / type of the wound will determine how much and in what ratio the bleeding occurs.

Cuts and fractures heal on their own when they're caused by small amounts of damage. They'll need to be treated if they are more severe. Treating wounds needs to be done on the help intent, just like surgery.
To treat these wounds first you'll have to use a health analyzer to determine the type of the wound, this also shows you how severe the wound is.

While these wounds are on a limb they will keep a minimum amount of damage on the wound. So stop using 20 bruisepacks on your left arm because you have 0.4 brute damage there, let the wound heal and then bruisepack it again, or take bicaridine with a load water.

Cuts:
>small cut, small gash, minor laceration, major laceration
Projectiles and thrown objects can get stuck in cuts and need to be removed before treatment can be applied. To remove foreign object from a wound use a hemostat on the limb (wirecutters / bare hands can be used too but they don't have the optimal effect).
If the cut is any of the two lacerations you'll have to cauterize the wound (currently working on being able to use multiple bandages for this, but no promises yet). To cauterize use a cautery from surgery or a welding tool.
Finally use a bruisepack or bandage on the wound. Scanning with the health analyzer will show the wound as "Treated" and will begin a healing process.

Fractures:
>hairline fracture, non-displaced fracture, closed fracture, open fracture
Closed and open fractures will need setting. To set a bone you'll need to grab the target's affected limb (grab intent, upgrade once) then switch to help intent and apply the grab to the patient.
There is currently no way to set your own bones.
Once the bone has been set open fractures will require a bruisepack or bandage. This will greatly reduce external bleeding. Although the other fractures have no external bleeding it doesn't mean your patient isn't losing blood to internal bleeding.
Finally use a metal rod / plank / pipe on the limb to splint. Once healed the patient will automatically walk this off.

Internal organs:
When taking mangle on the chest a random organ (except the brain) will begin bleeding. Internal organs take damage while they bleed and will slowly heal and reduce bleeding as long as the damage isn't over 25% or the organ isn't bleeding. Damage on an organ decreases its effectiveness.
The brain will start bleeding when you take mangle to the head. Dead brain / heart = dead patient.

Blood:
So when a patient comes in bleeding and you patch him up and now they're complaining about low stamina or oxyloss. Using a health analyzer on the patient should should you exactly how much blood the patient has.
Reduced blood levels impact organ function and people most often notice the reduced capacity of the lungs to take in oxygen.
To restore blood levels give your patient hemoglobine stimulant.
To reduce bleeding from limb wound / internal organs give them antisprin. Antisprin has the added effect of reducing the collected blood from internal bleeding and adds this to the patient's blood pool so more often then not it's a good idea to give your some antisprin when they have low blood even if they're not bleeding anymore.
0 blood = dead patient

>stable burn mix for the engine

EXPERIMENT
>make sure you have the same starting conditions
>try a mix
>check how fast the fuel goes down
>check if your burn room doesn't freeze
>check power output
>optimize
For the gasses on the loops:
Helium has the lowest heat capacity
Plasma has the highest
O2, N2O and N2 have the same heat capacity
CO2 has a higher heat capacity than O2

Difference in heat (not temperature) is what generates power in the TEG

For gas on the mix:
N2O and CO2 react to produce O2 and heat when plasma is present.
You need at least 16% O2 to make stuff burn.
Plasma doesn't burn until it's sparked or heated to 100C

You can flood the burn room with a gas mix before igniting
Pipes burst at 7500 kpa, reinforced pipes / manifolds do not burst.

Good luck making a burn mix, be sure to keep it a secret and tell others that their burn mix is shit and yours is the best

Thanks for the info, just got done messing around with a humanized monkey for a bit. I'll try to get on either today or tomorrow after work

reinforced pipes do burst you dingus
195,000 kpa is their stress point

The current medical system is equal parts spaghetti and brutal but i feel like once i learn it (and some others) medical will actually be very important.
>add in IVs/bloodbags for blood transfusions
>make it so that you regen blood based on your nutriment level
>pls add bandages fixing lacerations

other outstanding issues with it
>blood is unaffected by taking blood samples/injecting blood into mobs
>loosing too much blood is not obvious and the effects do not scream "I am out of blood"
>looking for injuries on someone is painstakingly annoying because you have to examine the specific limb they are on with the health analyzer for some reason
>blood currently only rasied by salt and hemoglobin stimulant (unless adien has hopefully pushed his changes posthaste to make it based on nutrition/hydration and nutriment in the blood stream and not fucking salt)
>treating wounds needs more flexibility, treating the bleeding on some kinds of fractures should be possible without fixing the fracture, thus letting the player heal the fracture on its own (better strap them to a bed because god forbid they walk and split it in half), lacerations are probably the biggest complaint because they rarely need cauterization
>currently too easy to receive injuries from light damage
>oxygen damage/breath size/rebreather shenanigans is way out of hand

With some refining it could be gr8 i agree

Is using space cleaner as a disinfectant a bad idea or just as good as strelizine?

Doesn't work, use booze or water if you don't have sterilizine

if i put anther stomach and liver inside myself will i be able to eat/resist toxins more?

If i put another heart inside myself will that mean that if one gets fucked ill be fine cause i have another?

>blood is unaffected by taking blood samples/injecting blood into mobs
Fixing that. Injecting has weird stuff I'm currently stuck on.
>loosing too much blood is not obvious and the effects do not scream "I am out of blood"
Really have no idea what to do about that, maybe decrease sleepiness faster?
>looking for injuries on someone is painstakingly annoying because you have to examine the specific limb they are on with the health analyzer for some reason
Fixed that, thought it was a good idea initially but I hate how it works too.
>blood currently only rasied by salt and hemoglobin stimulant (unless adien has hopefully pushed his changes posthaste to make it based on nutrition/hydration and nutriment in the blood stream and not fucking salt)
Changed it to nutriment and hydration. I don't like the regen speed of what I currently have implemented though so I'll have to tweak some numbers.
>treating wounds needs more flexibility, treating the bleeding on some kinds of fractures should be possible without fixing the fracture, thus letting the player heal the fracture on its own (better strap them to a bed because god forbid they walk and split it in half), lacerations are probably the biggest complaint because they rarely need cauterization
>pls add bandages fixing lacerations
Fixed that, also fixed bruisepacks being used so fast.
>currently too easy to receive injuries from light damage
I already nerfed it last thursday, is it still too soon?
>if i put anther stomach inside myself will i be able to eat more?
Yes. What you eat will also be transferred to the liver faster.
>if i put anther liver inside myself will i be able to resist toxins more?
No. You'll process all reagents faster and probably overload your kidneys. Unless you have a toxic filter on one of them.
>If i put another heart inside myself will that mean that if one gets fucked ill be fine cause i have another?
Yes. All your organs will also work a bit better.

holy shit
the future is now

Haven't played for a couple of months, and I mostly played on that Veeky Forumsstation. What are the biggest changes with this server?

no actually, i still need to push all this

:^(

if someone manages to blow a reinforced pipe while doing burn room fuckery, they deserve a fucking trophy

You're best off reading the changelog on d20station.ddns.net

>add in IVs/bloodbags for blood transfusions
working on that

pic related when

I was going to do some bloodbag thing and make it use only that. Do you want to have burger IVs possible?

that picture was just a side-effect of Veeky Forumsstation's devs letting you put reagent containers into IVs without actually limiting subtypes.
a hilarious side-effect

do it

low blood effects should be more akin to drunkenness and not suffocate you

anyone up for a game?