Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Someone didn't make a thread subject edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-ogor-tyrant-en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Skaven aren't as reddity as people say they are.

I'm running a mixed beastmen/slaves to darkness/bloodbound army and I was wondering if i shoukd take 5 chaos knights /w lances over 3 skullcrushers. Both would get bloodsecrator and stoker support. So I'm not sure which pulls ahead as the better choice.

4th for /AoS/ needs chicken

Place yer bets folks, are chaos going to pull it round in the summer campaign? I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion they're actually going to end up with all three cities.

>tfw no new Tomb Kings

Outdated memes, outdated army.

first for best God

He looks more like an Ogor than an Orruk

Ugh, I hope not. Best is all 3 order, second best is one for Skeletor or the green tide.

So you're saying that in 6 days, chaos is going to eclipse the current ~50% of wins that order has in all three regions
And this is going to happen over the next 6 days while order's had a month of nonstop winning

Nah

I hope every sub-army gets their own battletomes with art this good.

best is one for order, one for skeletor, and one for Gorkamorka
If we're going by fluff, then order gets the hippe treeple city, skeletor gets the spoopy ancient city, and Gorkamorka gets the city made by the guys that made the cannons and shit

FLUFFY STONEHORNS

Start collecting Skeleton Hordes doesn't have a starting pain set like the others do, would anyone know a list of some good paints for a starting skeleton army?

For that one you wanna get GW's Bone paint bundle

Okay, so Bone Paint bundle. What about all the knights/Arkhan, anything good for those or should I just get some individual paints for that?

Ah, bone! The one color I do well!
Black undercoat > dark brown > lighter brown > bone > sepia wash > drybrush bone.

... I'm not sure I understand the question.
Have you tried painting the skeletons bone?
On a more serious note, go to GWs page on the skeleton bundle and scroll down, it suggests a few paint bundles in a drop down menu. Though it doesn't cover arkhan's spoopy colors. You may have to just go with your gut on that one. though the "Dark elf paint bundle" listed under nagsh COULD be useful for arkhan's trappings and MAYBE the goasts if you wanna do that. Could also see what it suggests for Arkhan on his own page. Either way, paint him last so you A: get practice and B: don't gotta buy all the paints at once

What's everyone working on? I purchased some FW Chaos Dwarves at Gencon and I'm doing the awful FW assembly process currently.

Lizards, am working on acquiring elf cold ones for my riders to have mounts that look good, am annoyed they never updated those modles

i still dont fucking get why they made the ogre Calvary fucking kitty cats.

we had perfectly good beasts in the rhinoxen. why the fuck where they not used.

i will never buy mournfang, they look ass. i would have had a whole army of them by now if they sat on rhinoxes.

whats the strongest horde unit?

gnoblars ?

Currently working on painting my Death army
I'm focusing right now on the various hero units (a Cairn Wraith, two Necromancers, Heinrich Kemmler and a Tomb King among others) because I don't really feel like painting 40 zombies or 30 skellies Also they're much easily gained points for the Death faction for Seasons of War

Anyone have the full page shot of the Devoted of Sigmar army from Grand Alliance: Order? The picture with Volkmar in the background. Please post it if you do.

Since the other thread was a bomb. Do empire great cannon and Dwarf cannon now share a warscroll?

with the generals handbook now out, did it say anywhere that you can choose your ability if they are randomized ?

like for say the ogor tyrant ?

How can shooting units be justified for the cost? It seems like you can get more attacks if you spend the same points on purely HTH units.

See dat git ova dere?
You can get 'em with an arrer from ova heer but not a choppa
Make sense?

Also leadbelchers are more or less a strict upgrade to normal ogres, since thier melee attacks have rend and an otherwise unchanged statline (Other than getting one less attack) Only other thing normal ogres have goin for them is their special abilites

also if i give my tyrant the gutgorger +
-battle brew artifact
-might is right command trait.

does this mean my gutgorger does double damage on a 4+ ?

I think its choice. but it says you can roll if you like.

mm is that a change in the grand order destruction book ?

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-ogor-tyrant-en.pdf

did you just make this or is it nice and dank ?

>increasingly nervous GW writer

but yeah i was wondering if i could chose his big name. or if i just need to roll a 4+ to get either of tehse 2 abilitys.

Someone here noticed and made it, I just saved it for future use

i would fucking love for age of sigmar to put order has the mighty fucking force that fucks chaos and that chaos are the ones that are driven into a corner.

Statistically speaking, you have a 50/50 shot of getting either of these since you have six options and option six says "Lol you pick man"

I'd love to get some good new art of graveguard kicking some fleshbag ass, or ironweld arsenal foundries full of semibuilt steamtanks

>See dat git ova dere?
>You can get 'em with an arrer from ova heer but >not a choppa
>Make sense?

Nawh, bcawse dey movement is so runny and teleporty--yuz can't get off ah volley until dey're in yo face. So itz not worff it.

Unnerstan?

Empire cannon is a legacy warscroll

i was wondering. are ranged units really fucking good? i mean you can just target the enemy leader and mages every time right ?

Im in the process of rounding off my Slaves to Darkness warband. Its going pretty well, and I've finished Chaosing up the Mistweaver by clipping her old Icon, and gluing one of tge Chaos icons from the Chariot on instead. She's also got a set of Metalic wings, made from the Harness of the Chariot. I've also spruced up my Hero as well, giving him a knights Helm, the Chariots axe, and a Shield strapped to his back. Also switched out that derpy as fuck Sorcerer head, and mounted the lord to a regular 32mm base.

Overall, the Chariot is a fucking sweet deal for bits, no matter how you build it. With a little bit of work, you can scrounge a BloodStoker, A Chaos Lord, a Chaos Spawn, and a whole shit ton of conversion foddee. Best part is, its also really up to date, with no miscasts or anything.

No ya git, because you have boyz like me to stan' between dem and you.
In exchange, you stand on a hill or somefin' and shoot 'em so when dey get ta me tryna get ta you, I don't hafta fight all of 'em.
It's eco.... eckuhnaw... bizness. Simple Ya git.

Or if yer one of dem big gits wiv da cannons you can just bash 'em with your shoota when dey get close

So.. is that a hint that human guns and cannon is on the way out when they get redun? Dwarfs steamheads are gunna be that thing purely?

No, Ironweld arsenal has the volley gun, steamtank, engineer and the rocket launcher. They just seem to be retiring the cannon and mortar. Both are still perfectly legal to use and have the free people's tag, they just aren't making them anymore

I'm waiting for ironweld.

cannons seem super expensive for what they do. like a 60% chance to do d6 wounds. woopie doo. would be decent if the model costed 100 points instead of 180

>have hundreds of greenskins based and painted for warhammer fantasy battles
>age of shitmar comes out
>GW wonders why half their playerbase left the game

i still have dozens of pre AoS greenskin models in boxes and on sprues, am I able to put those on round bases and have fun and be competitive in the new game system or do I have to get the new toy s to stand a chance?

whats the new game size thats common at game stores for AoS akin to the old 1500/1750pt 40k or 2400/2500 fantasy pickup lists? I can't lie that the new models arent amazing, i just dont want to get burned by the company again.

also, silly question but i dont have the rulebook. is it still played on a 6x4 or did they jump to 4x4?

dude, you don't need to rebase. Just like 40k the circles are just a suggestion since you don't need to rank up.
Also It's not 6X4 anymore, it's 4X6
And greenskins are solid. They got split up into 6 subfactions (8 if you count trolls and giants) but they're all good

also the factions dont really matter since you dont really want the faction specific stuff anyway. if you get that you will miss out on a free run and charge rule a free command trait and a free magic item.

Anyone have the full page Devoted of Sigmar army photo from Grand Alliance: Order? Please share it if you do. I'm looking for a painting reference.

I iz orc frum uh 'merican tribe. Wot's a git? Da Stormcas' teleport between boyz like yuz. So's I make 'em all choppas. Me arrers alwayz dien'!

Catapults, yes. Anything else, hardly. You can't run and shoot except maybe if you're a WE Glade Rider. Maybe Waywatchers or Kurnoth Hunters, which I haven't tried yet, but you can't just waltz up and shoot key targets that way. You need to get as much mileage out of your shooting phase as you can. So using ranged units as chaff is pretty pointless.

Works for Ungors!

Dark Elves painted as drow, or high/wood elves painted as brown elves, yay or nay?

Are we choosing one or the other, or just saying whether either are a cool idea?

Yes

Sounds pretty cool to me

Dark Elves painted as Drow so you can re-use them in D&D

Painting some Sylvaneth. Most people can paint Dryads pretty quickly - not me.

>Guy puts up post on local playgroup about wanting to start AOS
>15 people or so say they're interested
>Ask if it will include points cost
>"No, it's a narrative campaign, points cost ruin the story and I don't want to use them"
>All interest is gone

Why the fuck do people want to play something with no balance? Even GW figured out AoS needed points cost to function and yet 40 year old man children refuse to understand this.

Because Narrative Scenarios have specific set ups that aren't compatible with points.

>2000+4^2
>still playing D&D

Building my Slaves to Darkness up. Just got the boxed set and thus far have my Sorcerer Lord, warriors and knights built and my Chariot is on the way.

I'll probably pick up the Khorne Bloodbound Expansion and Start Collecting boxes as those have pretty much everything I want for my Khorne army. But that might come after I finish painting...

Don't have the rulebook? Its a free download as PDF , or in the age of sigmar app. Its 4 pages long

I have been interesting in homebrewing rules for the Innistrad setting using Age of Sigmar rules, is there any guides or tips for making new units in this game?

Can play narrative with points. Or just use it as a rough guideline.

My store is full of kids lol so if I wanna play I just see whatever shit they put down, then I just quickly tally their points and roundabout match it.

Points Are really useful

They're 100% against points in any way shape or form. They posted rants of how points ruins wargaming and should never have been invented because it ruins narratives

Oh, then forget what I said about sometimes narrative scenarios can't use points. That's just dumb.

>points ruin wargames
>rpgs exist solely for narrative campaigns

fuck those nerds, tell them to puck up warhammer fantasy roleplay, its really fun

So I asked this question before but didn't get an answer.

Is Age of Sigmar selling good on eBay? I want to buy my friends Skaven but he has a lot of stuff in there that I don't want to keep.

Like 40k sells pretty well I know that but not sure about AoS.

Yes it sells fine.

a friend of mine has some Brets he wants to convert into the main game, should he make them Stormcasts ore Freeguilders?

Use them as Bretts, no conversion needed.

this, Brets are solid

Hm, I would base them off what ever unit best fits them, and than tweeking their stats to better reflect the Innistrad bit. Any ideas in particular? Also, pre-SoI/EldritchMoon or after?

Jervis said this in white dwarf interview
>Most people would have expected to see Rhinox riders, as that was the only beast we'd alluded to before. But the Rhinox is more of a beast of burden and the Ogres would clearly choose to ride something more aggressive.

but they aren't supported

Yes they are, there's rules and everything.

whats this about Rhinox being less dangerous?

There are still rules for them, and they are actually a top tier army in age of sigmar.

so anyone wanting to play them at this point is expected to scoop from Ebay and third party? a strange plan, but not without merit

playing pure highborn puts you in the same spot if you don't go pure EC/draconis/phoenix.

supposedly the lack of non-compendium high elf battleline will be fixed before the year is out, but that would mean new models so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I am thinking some point before Avacyn's turning. Faction ideas include Kessig/Werewolves, Gavony, Stensia, Nephalia, Stitchers, Ghoulcallers, Spirits & Angels and maybe some sort of cultist faction.

Gavony I imagine would play vaguely like Empire with a focus on large units, elite melee duelists and priest-types. Kessig/Werewolves is pretty straight forward. An army of elite units and some limited mob peasants. Stensia is vampire counts without undead, likely similar to Dark Elves. Nephalia would be alchemists, mercenaries and sailor-types. Stitchers is skaabs that have a lot of random elements. Ghoulcallers is Undead with magic focus elites. Spirits and Angels for the high-mobility, high-evasion army. Finally, the cultists (like Skirsdag) with mob cultists, magic users and elite demons.

Fried chicken?

I'm with you mate. I unfortunately wasted most of my time on 40k before starting AoS but the Tomb Kings always had my curiosity. Would have loved to make an army from them in AoS.

I'm frantically trying to fabricate masses of tree-bases to use as Sylvaneth Wyldwoods

After being 50%+ for weeks, Order finally seems to be getting cut down. About 40% across the board now.

Email gw about new Tomb Kings.

Nice. What colour are you doing for the dryads own eyes?

I too spent an unusually long time on my dryads.

how do ushabti compare to other ogre-equivalents?

Are Ushabti decent enough to consider slotting into an otherwise non-tomb kings death army?

Painting the other 71 of my 72 skeletons. And waiting for another 49 from ebay to arrive. Really spoopy.

Damn decent giant archers. And others have 3+ save against dmg 1, otherwise they're 3 attacks on 3+/3+/-1?d3 dmg. Reroll saves with necrotect and add one to the unit with a death wizard spell.

I played in a game on Sunday and bottom of round 1 my Empire opponent landed that shot into my Slann. Got me pretty tilted pretty fast.

Boob elf user here.

Decided to grow up and put away my Daughter's of Khaine. Starting Sylvaneth and doing it all properly this time.

All bought from new, taking my time to assemble carefully etc.

-corax white spray undercoat
-dryad bark base
-stegadon scale drybrushing
-agrax earthshade gloss wash
-etherium blue drybrushing
-nuln oil wash
-xv88 drybrushing
-moot green details

How did I do? What can I improve?

And yes, I did thin my paints.

Damn, only just noticed the mould lines.

Also debating using a Matte varnish to stop it being so shiny.

Seems kinda shiny, but not too bad. I like the green shoots on the top. Maybe color in the eyes? And the shinyness might be too much/undiluted wash.

Moldlines. Don't use the gloss, you don't get the depth and the shininess is bad. Just use Agrax and not Nuln Oil.

Clean up your colours.

The drybrush colours don't go with the wood. Highlight the leaves.