Rage is right

Rage is right.

Go camping with literally no planning.

Just the clothes on your back, what you have in your pockets and run off into the woods. I am sure your fun will be superior than all of us plebs who have meal plans and proper supplies.

Ribbonfag pls go and stay go.

/thread

There's a word for people who do things without thinking through the consequences of their actions.
It's "Corpses."

You act like people don't do that. My friend finished a four day bike tour a few weeks back, sleeping outside on his coat and carrying nothing beyond his wallet and a water bottle.

I've heard a bitter heart steeped over ten years in a grudge can be used for potent magical rituals. I do hope you've left your organs to magic rather than science or medicine.

Enjoy your players coming to the session without reading a single system book and with no character sheets.

Enjoy your GM coming to the table with "you meet at the tavern" plot hook.

So when's the funeral?

>You can't do that!
>Here's an example showing you totally can
>...You can't do that!

Guy's like a horse. His big complaint was only that he didn't have an opportunity to take a shower.

is this some faggy anime version of Goofus and Gallant

I didn't know you could die from that. Neat.
My condolences, user.

But if it's fun then it's not really work, is it?

And no one else is gonna have fun unless you put the effort in to make it fun.

Dont you know that instant gratification is the new best thing ever?

Hit the button, get the cheese. Never aspire for better cheese, just hope it happens from hitting the button some more.

>Post dank meme showing two idiotic extremes
>Everyone argues over which extreme is less idiotic
Never change, teej

It's mine, my extreme is less idiotic. All the time, every time.

>Guy's like a horse. His big complaint was only that he didn't have an opportunity to take a shower.
Guy spends four days away from the comforts of home and only complains about the lack of shower.
Meanwhile, shitposters on Veeky Forums fester in the comforts of home for four days without showering and are filled with complaints, including ones about the guy who went 4 days without comfort.
Veeky Forums ladies and gentlemen!

Your extreme A SHIT!

A SHIT!

Complaining about a community you knew was a shit hole before going into does not make you a better man then the rest of the swine.

Just makes you a loud, self deprecating swine.

>There's a word for people who do things without thinking through the consequences of their actions.

Are you sure the word you're not looking for is "savvy"?

Yeah, rage's approach makes sense if you're in a game where you can just kind of wing it and expect to see it through okay.

Which is indeed the case in a lot of games, where players can stumble dick-first into danger and win most of the time. Or when the GM will save them even when they really should be dead. You can't hold it against people for failing to take precautions that they don't actually need.

Four days is not that much. Let's see how he lasts two weeks on that, and in the wilderness.

You can complain about retards on 4chen even if you're on a four day trip away from the comforts of home, love.

I bet user's friend didn't tell you about his rampant shitposting on the boards during the four-day period.

>bike tour
>wallet and a water bottle
That counts as planning. I mean, cmon, your character should have a basic inventory.

No.

"Savvy" are those who made all the thinking and doing before so now they're just going through the motions.

People described by your greentexted line are "dumb".

Are you equating running a game with no preparation with surviving two weeks outside with no plan or gear?

Nice false equivalency chief.

On the far left : Having fun and not working for it
In the middle : Working for your fun
On the far right : Being autistic to the point where you must elaborately engineer the only staging grounds in which you are capable of having fun (DMing)

>he doesn't like Dwarf Fortress
>he doesn't want ALL THE FUN
>he thinks all DMs are dicks

Well I don't like camping in the first place.

>Are you equating running a game with no preparation with surviving two weeks outside with no plan or gear?

No, I'm just saying that the given example is a bad one, because the thing it describes is not _that_ challenging.
And I bet that if we poke at it a little more we'll see that it does more to prove the point opposite to what the guy who told that story wanted to prove.

The problem with Dwarf Fortress is the fucking dogshit UI and controls. The game itself is fine, but the way it handles is disgustingly obtuse and counter-intuitive.

Guys guys guys

The bottom line is that they're both fucking furries and deserve to burn in hell anyway.

The smart one might survive, working as a beast race servant. The other one is clearly just a mindless goblin and will be thrust into a tire fire for minimal experience.

>Muh furry boogeyman
Dude, chill out. The war ended years ago. Let it go.

>I need some method of identification just in case I need to establish my identity or the police need to ID my body - better bring my wallet
>I need to drink water and it'd be mighty convenient to have somewhere to put it - better bring a bottle
>it's probably going to be cold at night, and sleeping on the ground sucks ass - better bring a coat
>I better know where I'm going before I start out - better do a bike tour instead of just wandering aimlessly
This is literally planning.

>>>DeviantArt

Literally saying putting on clothes before you go outside is planning: technically correct, but complete nonsense.

By your autistic logic you can't do anything without planning.
>I require oxygen to live, therefore I should breathe while I'm out.
>URRRR PLANNING!

quads??

The wallet maybe, but the rest are not things you're expected to do literally every day. You're not expected to have a coat in the middle of July.

Except it's not about "putting on clothes" by itself, it's putting on appropriate clothing.

The terrible user-interface is the secret casual filter that Toady uses to keep his game pure, until it's ready.

He doesn't realize however that he has been inflicted by a fey mood and he will never actually complete Dwarf Fortress. He'll spend the next 10 years twiddling with carp aggression AI and soil erosion mechanics before dying of severe autism.

Horns do not a furry make.

Hey, for some of us that is fun. Just takes a different skill set.

>I carry my wallet in my pocket all the time.
>I keep a bottle of water in my bike
>I wear my jacket when I ride my bike because that's just what you do
>I was planning on just going out for a short trip, but instead I decided to go down this random road on a whim and ended up spending four days riding.

Could literally be done with zero planning.

>I wear my jacket when I ride my bike because that's just what you do
...is it? I've never done this, though to be fair I've never ridden a bike in late fall/winter.
>I was planning on just going out for a short trip, but instead I decided to go down this random road on a whim and ended up spending four days riding.
If you're calling it a "bike tour", it's not random.