This is BritRisk

This is BritRisk

Claim to this post. Roll post will follow once we have 4 factions.

FOR YOUR ROLL TO COUNT
>clear instructions
>name AND faction in Sig
>minimum 1 line of RP

I will only play if we get stuck at 3 rollers

I'll take Francia.

Isle of Man
York

Am I doing it right?

gothchu flam
we shall see...

Wait, do you want to play York or Man?

I mean the naming and format or whatever

>this was the only risk available

I thought those flags were the factions and the maps have you the location to place yourself in

yeah, nothing on /pol/, /int/, /qst/, or /b/. the mods must have logged on for 15min.

the faction is chosen, but as it is not blank map format, you just start with your color.

Oh, now I see, whoops, feel stupid now.
/int/ has risk?

occasionally. i comb every board that seems like it could be a potential source of rollers.

Fuck, 1 more...

So you taking Northumbria or Man?

Man, I'll take man

so we have Francia and Man. I will be here, watching and waiting...

I claim Pictland

boom

ROLL TO HERE

Eire invades Wales. We will destroy the inferior races of the Greater Isles!

As Emperor and successor to Rome, I shall restore my empire's rightful rule over Britain!
(Invade Kent, overflow going to Sussex.)

King Dubh commands the Pictish tribes to siege Dunadd. They carry themselves in woolly armor onward through Dal Riata, claiming the land for the Pictish confederation

[do dubs or palis get anything special?]

Where the map? Fuck
take Strathclyde

>Dat Irony.
Pic doesn't say anything so I'd say no.

Speaking of I don't think you can grab land and siege a city on the same turn.

nope
correct. rolls are binary

Cleon IV nervous and in confusion heads for the first piece of land he sees, sending his soldiers, ill prepared, with haste toward Strathclyde

[damn. if I can only do one, I guess siege]

You're not next to the city.

gotta be touching to siege.

Picts sweep through Dal Riata.

Ireland invades Wales.

Man invades Strathclyde.

King Dubh again commands his armies; every man woman and mutant with a Pictish tongue shall speak freely throughout Dunadd and call Dal Riata's land their own

any room?

FUCK YEAH BRU

so glad senpai showed up. still mis BRaN

>Finally finding their ground, the troops of Man lead by Cleon IV head towards Alcluy
Towards Alcluy

Frankish troops now occupy British soil, but the local lords still hold their castles. This must be rectified.
(Siege Canterbury)

If East Anglia isnt taken...

Æthelred II Takes his thrown ruler of East Anglia, and request to know the state of the isles...

See

roll and we go, m8

Æthelred II sends his troops into Mercia, seeing their lack of leadership and the state of anarchy that has ensued.
~Æthelred II

attempting to surround Nottingham, if it isnt too late

Eire legions push further into Wales.

Ireland sweeps through Welsh territories.

East Anglia defeats Mercia roundly to surrounf Nottingham.

The Picts take Dunadd.

Man takes more territory on their way to Alculy.

The Franks invest Canterbury.

Fill Strathclyde

King Dubh commands to continue the campaign through Strathclyde, sieging Alcluy as the confederation readies itself for a Pictish revolution throughout Britain

[updated tripcode]

Æthelred II orders his troops to lay siege to Nottingham. The city sits in stagnation as their ruler has remained absent for some time now. All Æthelred wishes is to once and for all unify the East Anglians and Mercians for good... will he succeed.
~Æthelred II

What, no kingly chats? Being a shut in in your castle won't help you see eye to eye with your people my fellow lords

The lord of Canterbury lies dead, but a Kent lord remains independent. Kent must be under Frankish control if we wish to control Britain.
(Siege Rochester)

Our efforts have failed miserably this day, but we are determine to break this city and bring law and order to the Mercians

The Irish push further into Wales.

Whateth the fucketh man?

The Irish invest Wales completely.

Rochester falls to the Franks.

Man pushes to the walls of Alculy, only to find Pictish banners flapping in the stench laden breeze.

The East Anglians are repulsed from Nottingham.

Dear King of Ireland,
We see no problem with you uniting the Celtic people of Wales with the Irish Crown, but we do ask that you not set foot in England. We already here of foreign French invaders in the south, sacking cities and the tales that have touched my ears tell of horrid brutality toward the people of Canterbury and Rochester... Shall we agree that Mercia is to be East Anglian clay and declare a border between our kingdoms near the Wales border with England?

Æthelred II orders his men to once again attempt to lay siege to Nottingham... we will not stop until law and order is had in England,
~Æthelred II

Siege Alcluy

King Dubh cuts festivities short after the siege of Alcluy, Isle of Man Troops lay outside the doorsteps and if attacked, the Picts intend to defend, otherwise they move to take Strathclyde and Northumbria
King Cleon, the Picts must continue to move throughout the island, we had very little choice, we look for no quarrels, just space to grow
King of Ireland, as brothers of the Celtic tongue we wish to speak of peace between us if you'd be interested

Your diplomacy is as ineffectual as your soldiers. These Islands belong to the Celts.

Ireland invades Mercia.

cool, so to siege we need not surround the cities?
Æthelred II

Bend the knee or die, bastard offspring.

Just touch on this map.

The last lord of Kent is dead. Long live the empire!
Still we must solidify our hold of south Britain, which is something the revitalized East Anglians threaten. A forward base in the case of their aggression is needed.
(Siege London.)
()

With the stench of Pictans in the air, Cleon IV watches over the hills, breathes deeply and begins his war cry sieging Alcluy with all of God's wrath

I regret to inform you that war has been declared between the East Anglian Saxons led by Æthelred II and the Celts of Ireland. Mercia belongs to Saxon blood lines and blood is the price that must be paid.
~Æthelred II

What's open?

everything except france, east anglia, irish, picts and man

Alculy falls to the Manx force, but the Picts surge around their salient.

The Anglians try and fail to siege Nottingham again.

London falls to the Franks.

Hey Ash, Haliax here. Anything on the flag board that doesn't have black dots. Kent is BTFO.

kent is dead

I claim Wessex!
Wessex > Devon and Cornwall
You could have waited for me to post.

>King Ash of Wessex

Æthelred II orders his troops to push the Irish west out of Mercia. These Irishmen were at our gates before we could even blink. We only hope that battle allows us to prevail.
~Æthelred II

the confederated forces reclaim Alcluy for their Pictish spoils
King Cleon, we offer peace to you, continue toward York through Northumbria, we desire no war

King Dubh sees the shit roll he has given the people and weeps

With the reintegration of the vital point of London into the Empire, Frankish forces turn their focus on the Sussex Lords that are harrasing their supply lines.
(Siege Hastings.)

Daaaamn. I'd say it's safe to say at this point that the Franks are masters of Siege Warfare.

yeah, i have got like 2 1s and a 4 now

The Irish push int East Anglia and Wessex equally.

kek, how do you divide the one T

judiciously

You better not push into Wessex

that is 2. quit your bitching.

It appears the Irish have their eyes set on all of islands. Shall we unite and push them back to whence they came?

Fill Strathclyde
Cleon sees the benefit of an agreement. Fine, you take York, but stay out of Strathclyde

damn autocorrect
*all of the island

I'm down with and alliance against the Irish

Very well, us anglo saxons should stick together against foreign threats.

>King Ash of Wessex

King Dubh's pictish tongue must've tripped and miscommunicated, he meant you take York, he has other plans

waiting on Picts...

I rolled? reclaim Alcluy, shit roll

This is very true, war has turned to peace in the north, and we have an Irish horde at the door, shall we attempt a truce with the French for time being
I am not sure where Lord Ash sits in his mind but I view our alliance stronger than any I might have with a Frenchman

Also I hope we can put our previous dispute behind us.

Manx holds on to Alculy and knocks out Strathclyde.

Ireland and Anglia fight to an impasse in the West of Mercia.

The Franks take yet another city.

The forces of Wessex push into Dumnonia.

Wessex > Siege Launceston

>King Ash of Wessex

King Dubh's "other plans" worry Cleon greatly, Strathclyde territories lead directly to heart of his kingdom.
I'll be cautious

Ireland into Wessex. Leave none alive.

King Dubh prays for peace with King Cleon as he moves forces through the last Dal Riata island into Irish lands

In hopes that support will come from Wessex, Æthelred orders his troops to lay siege to Nottingham one last time (we hope), Even if it means the Irish may sweep around us once we do... we must secure Nottingham.
~Æthelred II

The elite Royal Siege Group set up to siege the last major Sussex fortification. Soon southeastern Britain will solidly be in Frankish hands.

Expand into unclaimed York

YEEESSSS!!!! FOUR TIMES IS THE CHARM
`Æthelred II

dear King Cleon, these were my other plans, no need to worry, your kingdom is safe from Picts

...yep, Ireland is the real threat all right :/

You're the one attacking, knave

>King Ash of Wessex

Æthelred II ask that Charles the Magnificent take Essex then the southernmost region we currently possess to help us fight off the Irish.
~Æthelred II

I cant tell you how disappointed Lord Stark was last night... i was enraged.

We are surrounded on all sides. The Franks are ambitious and I fear would sooner turn on us and take our lands. The Gaels and Brythons of the north are worrying, though I wonder whether they might be reasoned with.

>King Ash of Wessex

The Franks now hold 6 cities, having yet to be stopped by any wall constructed.

The Irish invest Wessex even as their forces take Launceston.

Manx forces are scattered all through former Strathclyde and Northumbria.

The Picts are now contained by the Manx.

Nottingham finally falls to the Anglians.

The empire does plan to go into the Essexian lands once Sussex is subjugated, but we will see the extent of the Irish front afterwards before we decide where to strike.