MAGIC KILLS

So what's the best kill you've had as a magic user?

This is not limited to D and D and pathfinder. Any table top RPG involving magic is welcome.

well, once i killed a knight errant as a hedge wizard in whfantasy rpg

We were chasing a group of Goblin thieves who had sought to take refuge in a room where they horded their gold.

Warrior burst down the door.

Cast a fire spell which was something like that out of Diablo from Suicide Squad and incenerated the goblins.

Fire was so hot that the gold melted and the DM went into graphic detail as to how the charred corpses had melted into the gold/ how the gold had melted onto the goblins who were seeking refuge behind it.

I came close to killing a lvl 30 npc while I was only lvl 10.
I lured her into the elevator, and then used the lvl 1 spell barricade to drop 2k pound wood blocks on top of the elevator.
DM had a shit ton of BS items and abilities on her (comes with being lvl 30), but I still ended up knocking out all her protective charms and bringing her down to 20% hp before she ran like a bitch.

The session before the DM thought I was stupid when I told him I had a plan to kill her. But I told him that my plans always work even if I have to shove the bard into a chicken suit, and I'd already shoved the bard into that chicken suit. Fucker loves it now, and our ranger keeps trying to turn him into some sort of chicken based joker.

Maximized a 5e Catapult spell at level 20 to toss my Ale Mug at a rowdy Inn patron who was causing trouble. 88 damage later the problem was solved.

Got mouth to mouth, cast vomit swarm.

DM ruled that two lungfulls full of venomous spiders was instakill.

One time I did that trick in D&D 3.5 where a druid casts Energy Immunity Fire and then goes all allahu snackbar on an enemy with Fire Seeds.

>BBEG, a shapeshifting green dragon.
>Ambushes us in town, practically TPK's the party.
>Dragon is only at a few hit points, shape-shifts into a sparrow and takes off.
>Archers unable to hit it, due to size and range of the dragon.
>My rogue/ wizard starts running along the rooftops after the dragon. Once I get into range, I cast magic missile.
>Sparrow turns into dragon corpse halfway to the ground. Ends up taking out a nearby inn, or temple.

>Wendigo theurge and his pack following a slave trade run by a powerful fomori
>Trail leads us through Mexico, all the way to Panama, fighting various wyrmthings along the way
>Wind up deep inside a "totally abandoned and not at all a trap" dancer hive
>Heat and humidity somewhere around the underside of the devil's sack in a sauna while he's wearing a parka
>Get ambushed
>Wind up locking ourselves into some kind of dirt cellar
>No one has the nifty digging Gift
>No way out
>Oh, did I mention that my Wendigo was kind of a dick, and had pissed off nearly any friendly spirits within a few miles when he nearly set a caern on fire trying to impress the local wolves into letting them stay
>ST: You guys have 5 minutes to figure something out before that door crashes down and you're fighting a hive by yourselves
>Me: I've got it.
>Scribble scribble
>Pass pass
>Dice roll
>ST: Um...wow. Ok. While you're all holding back the door and growling at each other trying to figure out what to do, one of you notices the theurge has begun chanting. His eyes roll backwards into his head, and a deep chill begins to cut through the room.
>I'd rolled 3 10's on a pool of 4
>To summon a fucking avatar of Wendigo
>Right into the goddam room

We all wound up with permanent rooms, and my character wasn't allowed to communicate with any spirit unless under direct supervision from the alpha, on pain of death. But we all survived. So there's that

Wounds, not rooms

Shoved an Orb of Fire down a black dragon's throat just as it was about to unleash its breath.

Tashas hideous laghter- we saw a single drider up where like none of the party could really see, except me, being a drow, and it laughed so hard it fell off the web on the ceiling.
It fell directly into a rather OP gelatinous cube our party had managed to wrangle to serving us.
Only time I can remember a non-damaging spell someone's cast killing one enemy, and nearly killing something else.

Mage: the Awakening rules set.

We were going up against the big bad of the campaign (a former teacher of one of the PCs who made a deal with the Exarchs to get one of their artifacts to multiply her powers) and basically everything we were throwing at her was either bouncing off her or rebounding back to us.

Me (being a spirit mage and ex-boxer before my Awakening) asked the GM what I knew about the Exarchs and this artifact in general. After getting several 10s on the check, he revealed to me (in a note) that I was getting the sense/feeling of this artifact being linked to the Spirit World in some fashion.

I then double-check some spells and scribble down my plan to the GM, who gives it a read, lifts up an eyebrow, and gives a nod.

"Ok, so in the momentary pause of you all slinging spells back and forth, your Spirit mage runs up and punches her in the chest, where this artifact is embedded into her. Give me your rolls, user."

After a total of ten successes (with several 10s re-rolling into more successes) the GM, flabbergasted, refers to his notes.

"Ok... You all see this orb start to crack and splinter as he backs away, shaking his hand a bit in pain, and these cracks expand out from the orb and into her. She struggles to keep herself intact, but the orb explodes out, her body converting to Prime energy and blowing out with her. You all take... *rolls dice* 3 points of Aggravated damage, but that seems to be it."

What did I cast?

Spirit 3 (amplified to Spirit 5): Harm Spirit. I dealt so much Aggravated damage to this orb of spirit energy (which the GM revealed linked through the Spirit World back to the Ascended realm) that I severed the link and caused the power in the orb to dump into her.

>Enter room with an evil shaman about to complete a long sacrificial ritual to summon something nasty to kill us
>He's guarded by dozens of warriors and archers
>Looks like we have to break through them and interrupt to ritual and the shaman is likely to make his concentration rolls on all but powerful blows
>My cleric casts Silence around the shaman
>Unable to chant he loses control of the magical energies
>He explodes

If the fireball was hot enough to melt a room's worth of gold the induction should have killed the whole party.

>Ambushed by goblins and attack dogs
>Party is surrounded, backed up against a small ~6m cliff
>Flanking on top of the cliff is a goblin archer
>ihaveacunningplan.png
>cast Bend Will
>GM asks who I have him fire his bow at
>"He doesn't"
>Instead make the goblin do a majestic swan-dive head first to the ground

And that's how I got my first ever kill in a game. Did it again later in the fight.

Don't most mind controlling spells, at the very least early level ones explicitly state you can't make them do stuff self harming, like jumping off cliffs?

I feel like that's standard, no matter the system, unless the people who made it were retarded and wanted to buff controller mages.

>best kill you've had as a magic user
That would be during a final fight with vampire cult in Warhammer. My bright mage got ambushed by their leader, stabbed through with a zweihandler and was lying on a the ground in a pool of blood while vampire lord was preparing to cut his head off. Luckiny I was faster and managed to cast a final spell, one last fireball as a goodbye fuckoff to my enemy. The dice gods favour dying and I rolled 10 on damage.
And then 3 consecutive 10's more.
MG decidet this was act of fate, vampire died in a spectacular manner, turning in a bat, a wolf and finally into a burning cloud of flies before he turned into dust, I managed to survive with few more burn scars and insanity points.
Fun times.

>Old World of Darkness game.
>One of the players kept on getting his character killed. He'd piss off the prince, get dusted, and have his next character go after him.
>Bribes the Storyteller to make a 7th generation Bruja, with Celerity six.
>Prince has several Asimite bodyguards, they kick her ass.
>Character is fleeing, when my "Catif" Thamaturgest notices.
>Movement of the Mind, pick her off the ground.
>No ground, no super-speed.
>Asimites smack her into torpor, and give their thanks.

The storyteller was trying to run a political game, and the other players were all acting like murderhobos. I was the only player that got it, and was rewarded in game by the storyteller.

>a bunch of guards beating a floating shithead into unconsciousness
Great image

In Unknown Armies, I once enchanted a door so that when anyone touched it, it removed their anus. I got a critical on the casting, and so the door spelltrap became permanant and undetectable.

We got the badguys to attack us by cramming through the door, they never knew what hit them.

Sounds like their days ended up being... Full of shit.

DM liked things that explode. Won a fight, we were hurt, found some potions. I studied one, they weren't healing, they were explosive Greek fire. Party moaned about it, so DM relented and just changed them to healing potions. I asked to keep one fire potion as is to study, he agreed. He said it was volatile and anything could set it off. Both of us soon forgot I had it.

Several sessions later, we are fighting skellingtons that explode into shards when they take too much damage. Party tries to overbear them in order to subdue and bind them, resulting in a pushing scrum. I summon a goblin that carries the grenade into the fracas. It explodes, everything catches fire, and the one badly damaged skeleton goes kaboom. There were four skeletons left, and this set off a chain of explosions that left everything dead.

I looked through the thief's pockets and got back the scroll he palmed, then summoned a giant ox to carry everyone back to town.

>Guy we need to kill is in a "Tall spindly tower made of blackened rock"
>Walk up to bottom of it
>Apparently there was some kind of puzzle or some shit we needed to activate a teleporter that brings you to the top
>Lmao fuck that
>"I cast stone to mud on the bottom of it"
>Not super high level but still enough to take a rather big chunk put of the tower's base
>Whole fucking thing falls and comes crashing to the ground

I honestly don't see how the DM didn't see that coming.