Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Wood Elves are pretty fey Edition

>Last thread
>Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZG1aDo20zQ

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy and The 9th Age products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

still sad about bretonnia

Do you really need Horse Lords to play Geheimnisnacht?

Well it's not like the Wood Elves miss them.

Honestly the only people who miss Bretonnia are the hardcore fans who couldn't see the writing on the wall, since they'd been skipped over for models and updates and become an outdated, one-trick pony. They're like the Sisters of 40k, except GW hasn't found an excuse to drop them yet.

You're getting two weeks of paid vacation, and can chose to go anywhere in the Warhammer world you want. Where would you go for a vacation?

I don't but it gets kinda buggy

They'll get new third party models soon, they will be in Total Warhammer soon, and they got a Blood Bowl team.

We all got axed anyway, so you're basically ahead.

Can I go through a hole in the Warp back to our world? Because the Warhammer world is not a place anybody would ever want to be for real, for any reason.

Its worse than 40k.

Unless I get to be indestructible or become a Daemon or something I guess. Then Ulthuan I guess, or Sylvania.

A tour of Eataine and Caledor

Come on, it's not worse than 40k. It's just a slightly grimmer fantasy world, it's not planets upon planets of death.

Death can strike literally anywhere at any time in Fantasy because Daemons can just pop into existence and Skaven can strike anywhere.

At least in 40k, there's safe places.

In 40k, daemons can pop up anywhere especially if your Gellar Field fails or they're summoned, as well as Eldar from some forgotten gate, or maybe Necrons rise up from underneath the surface of the planet you're on, or Chaos forces appear out of the Warp to fuck your shit up, or Orks ride in on a Space Hulk, or Tyranids come in a fuckhuge fleet that will eat your whole world.

How the fuck is anything in 40k safer when every planet is a target?

>muh dangerous World

ever heard of Lothern?

>always summer
>huge city guard + 10k Marines guarding the city even in peacetime + phoenix guard, white lions and a fucking seadragon
>the land outside the city is argueably the most peaceful and safe country in the world
>wine and corn fields as far as the eye can see

If I'd take a load off in the Warhammer, Lothern would be the best place to do it

Hoeth is also a hot contender. but that place is a bit too weird

Dead

Just like the topic, then.

Karaz-a-Karak in it's Golden Age if I could choose any place and anytime.

If we're assuming sometime in the 2500's by the Empire's Calendar, then I'd love to see the Black Pyramid of Nagash.

Sylvania
despite the vampires, monsters and ugly peasants, it's the most beautiful place in the Old Worlds

Zharr Naggrund

Other capitals from slave races a shit

it's a halloween themepark even on it's best days.

If it's only the old world, I'd go with the Not!Shire

Spoken like a true not-hobbit

filthy dirt eater

keep pepper spray at hand, or they'll gnaw your legs to the bone the moment you stop to catch a breath though. warhammer halflings are vicious.

on a second thought, they use pepper spray as spice. use mustard gas.

in Castle Sternieste perhaps, 'cos Mannfred's a dick

other than that it is a beautiful autumn land, overcast sky, gloomy forests, misty valleys... simple perfection. i'm not even talking about fantastic gothic (in both meanings of gothic) architecture.

>Zharr Naggrund

>smog and ash everywhere
>dirty beasts everywhere
>chaos corruption everywhere
>probably hot and damp as fuck
>the floor is covered in orc shit

even worse than usual dwarf holds

Personally I'd favor seeing grimnir, grunge, and valaya in the karak a karak.

That or just visit grimnir whilst he's in the warp, must be lonely outside that one time gotrek showed up.

Slyvania was never very fertile - I'd recommend a Bretonnian or Tilean city, one built on elvish ruins. You can enjoy the view of a beautiful countryside, with perhaps a retreat or two you can visit, and have a city that doesn't smell shitty because elves knew how to take care of these things.

Fares better than what was left of your rubble after the dwarves got done with it.

Your crown sat nice and pretty in karak a karak considering you umbaraki were too chicken shit to come and get it.

it still has forests, and where it ain't forest, non-fertile lands means heather wastes, moors, etc.
which once again perfect. i love "depressive" terrain. i would totally go backpacking through Sylvania. with a big repeater pistol, loaded with sanctified enchanted silver bullets filled with napalm, of course, but that's purely for self-defense.

Well, suit yourself, but my men won't be going along with you. That place is cursed - you'll have to find some Strigany to act as your guides.

I̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶G̶r̶i̶m̶n̶i̶r̶ ̶-̶ ̶1̶3̶0̶9̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶g̶i̶ ̶u̶n̶b̶a̶r̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶w̶h̶i̶s̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶N̶o̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶L̶o̶r̶d̶e̶ ̶T̶h̶r̶o̶m̶g̶r̶i̶m̶m̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶i̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶v̶i̶r̶t̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶c̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶g̶o̶a̶t̶s̶.̶

That's a grudge settled.

>torches some colonies and can't get to mainland ulthuan even if they spent all their resources trying

e-elf blown out

>meanwhile skaven and greenskins occupy and conquer ancient dwarfen holds and entire former kingdoms

d-dawi pride!

High Elves were too busy fighting their actual rivals than getting back some jewelry they can easily replace

fuck your mean, and fuck the strigani, i'm going solo backpacking.

well, i might actually fuck some sexy strigani chicks if i come across them, that is

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of your entire race being fractured by a civil war that's dooming your species to a slow extinction.

or is it the sound of orcish war drums in your main hall

No, that definitely sounds like a castrated falsetto whining about their throne and something to do with traitors and usurpurs.

Sounds like Elgi bitching to me.

good thing we can't hear all that whining of island ponces and goblin/skaven victory songs in our peaceful beautiful forest

Moot.

*ba dum* *ba dum* *ba dum* *ba dum* *ba dum* *ba dum*

Gyspies man.

Though honestly, I love the Strigany for the half-forgotten niche they hold in the lore as river people and vampire fanboys. Adds a bit of character to the world.

Because in Fantasy there's only one planet and it's the only target for every faction in the setting.

Forests? Forest?

Wait, do you mean all the kindling?

It's our woods now.

oh, i didn't realize it was the hunting season already. to the stags, brothers! time to kill some hairy uglies! (i.e. beastmen/dwarfs)

(i'm kidding of course, it's always hunting season. it's just we sometimes run out of prey)

>Dwarfs beat Elves
>Orcs beat Dwarfs
>Therefore, Orcs beat Elves.

no, silly, stone doesn't beat paper

Is the link to my MEGA archive still in the OP or pastebins somewhere? It's larger than all the other WFRP fan collections out there.

I've added a few new pdfs from around the internet, including an expansion to Rune and Ritual magic, as well as a few new additions to the Araby book translation i'm working on.

mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A

Seeing as forests and waystones cannot be un-corrupted it's yet another losing battle for the sticks.

But feel free to try, no greater joy then to warp flesh and mind, wood and sprirt to see elves slay former friends and being torn apart by their iwn beowed woods.

And those factions are limited on a planet-wide scale, not a galactic scale. And even then, some of the good factions actually work together, while most of the evil factions go out of their way to avoid working with one another for various reasons.

Dats da Tranzuhtif Propuhtee uf Ekwalate ya bone 'ead.

Orcs is da best.

>Get to the Mainland Ulthuan
Why, Starbreaker beat the ponce who started all the shit's face in.
And it was more than torch, it was more along the lines of Leveled the entire city to the point of no two stones stood atop one another.
Plus most of your nobles were dead.

>Skaven and Greenskins
Entire former Kingdoms?
You mean mining colonies that had defense akin to a Plank of wood on a glass door? I'll give you that.

Anyway, you I'll let you know how it goes us getting that back when you come crawling; whining asking us for help against whatever bullshit you've started again.

Tromm Dawi.

Oh, those aren't Orcish Wardrums, That's the sound of the blacksmiths melting down and hammering all those silver helms' helms from that bitch smacking you took into actually something useful. Something, you are unaccustomed to.
By that I mean a horn, so you can hear the massive middle finger it bellows letting all know you took a large Grund to the Grundle.

You piss me off, but you're aren't as bad as your Bitch tit friends. Long as you keep to tree humping in your own lands.

oh, we just have to kick Durthu out of his heroic B.S.O.D or just convince Coedill to stop being grumpy and fix the forest.

Yes.
Bring the eldest to us, let him join his brothers as a rotting husk either on the forest floor or in our ranks.

>Plus most of your nobles were dead.
what? which nobles died? The Dwarfs never even touched Ulthuan

>You mean mining colonies
aka: Karak eight Peak(second only to Karaz a Karak itself in size an splendour), Karak Ungor, Karak Drazh, Ekrund, Mount Silverspear, Karak Varn.

All former Dwarf Kingdoms lost to Greenskins and Skaven. while even the most steadfast holds left are under constant siege by vermin

and the majority of Elven Colonies was abandoned voluntarily after Ulthuan announced it would not spend resources to protect them, and most colonies were then reused by humans. So no, they were left in a rather good shape, more than can be said about your "underway" or glorified rat roads

Meanwhile, Ulthuan is basically untouched by Beastman, rat or Orc, only other Elves are able to even consider an invasion of mainland ulthuan

even immortal Morghur will not be able to stand against full might of an Ancient. Ariel is mortal, though demigoddess, and her power is that of a mere goddess. power of the Ancients is power of Athel Loren itself - and Athel Loren is what binds reality together into what it is.

Where my Kilsevites at?

>and the majority of Elven Colonies was abandoned voluntarily after Ulthuan announced it would not spend resources to protect them, and most colonies were then reused by humans. So no, they were left in a rather good shape, more than can be said about your "underway" or glorified rat roads

So your own forces say 'fuck it, you guys are on your own' and the Dwarfs force you to retreat from the Old World like little bitches.

Then some Earthquakes devastate the underground holds and leave them open for attack, and you some how take all this as an Elf victory?

what can I say, Malekith invading Ulthuan and almost summoning Slaanesh into the world had priority over the petty ambitions of the lower races in the old world

How do we fix Be'lakor?

with rocks

Nice way to move the goal posts there.Your own fuckups always look more important than getting your ass kicked out of your own homes.

>We would have won, but we have to go stop our house from burning down from the stove we left running.

You're not doing yourself any favours.

How come the Wood Elves didn't stay in their cities anyway? They might have feared dwarven retribution, but I'd rather a fairly developed city than the woods.

I don't think we can fix him, lorewise especially.

How do we know that it wasn't the dwarfen influences that corrupted Malekith? He spent a lot of time with dwarfs.

Averlorni culture is pretty much the same as Wood Elves, They have a deep connection to the forest

Oh ho, wow. Elves accusing Dwarfs of having a corrupting influence. So scathing. Congratulations. That was more damaging than anything your own armies managed.

The lesson of the story here is that the proudest Moment in dwarven history is being used as cannon fodder for an Elf.

except wood elves are badbass survivors, who could survive and thrive in Lustria alone, should they ever bother to leave their forest, and half the forest in question hates them

Avelorni are gay ponses leaving in what basically is an oversized city park, just without drug addicts and hobos, and fucking like rabbits in every bush.

screaming

Makes sense you'd say that. It's the same sort of backwards elgi logic that reasons that the elves should get the credit for a natural disaster followed by multiple invasions from unrelated enemy races.

You're not bad for a beardless elgi.

Asrai culture is based on Averlorn culture.

your buttflustered argument doesn't change that.
and that the Denizens of Lothern devolved into savages doesn't affect that fact either

if you had a group of nagarythes stranded in Athel Loren, they'd probably chop half of it down to build a fleet and go somewhere else

Elves actually have different cultures on Ulthuan, and more than just "Universal angry Dwarf" stereotypes

the elves never took credit for the fall of the Dwarfs, and noone in this thread ever claimed they do

Remove the Everchosen lore and make Be'lakor led big chaotic invasions that happen after a set period of time.

The lore behind this is Be'lakor was punished by the Chaos Gods and demoted from his position of power after a betrayal. Their condition for restoring his power and rank is for him to conquer the world for them. If he succeeds, then they will reinstate him as their favorite child and lavish him with blessing and rewards.

This way we have a single Chaos BBEG who will have a consistent character development as the setting progresses in the timeline.

>backwards logic
???
>malekith knows how dwarves think
>malekith knows how a caledori phoenix king thinks
>provokes a diplomatic outrage

masterfully planned and executed, only his own shortcomings as a field commander foiled a decisive victory, and the dwarves played their part perfectly down to the note, if you actually believe the war of the beard had any other cause or purpose, you blind yourself with delusion.

it is based, yes. but it adapted to where they live. avelorn ain't got murderous dryads, rampaging time-lost beastmen, spreading corruption, dwarfs, bretonni and greenskins. yes, Asrai lifestyle was based on avelorni and then took a few levels in badass. Avelorni descended into gayness.

also, Avelorni ain't got a demigod of the hunt leading them every year, nor they got savage wild hunters who eat monsters for dinner.

the danger of Averlorn is based on the Everqueens menstruation cycle.

and it does have tree kin and dryads, just no chaos corruption

agreed, it ain't sensible to think dwarfs corrupted Malekith. he was a rotten apple from the start.
the fact he did be attracted to dwarfs and was friends with them, while other elves weren't so much, is actually interesting. dwarfs didn't corrupt him, but he was friedns with them because corruption attracts corruption

rivers run red, huh?

>Blaming the treachery of your king on the actions of a single general.

You had your chance to say "Sorry, Malekith fucked up. He's kind of a cunt." You responded by shaving a noble beard.

Your whole fucking race is a disgrace.

Actually, Malekith's plan wouldn't have worked with the Chaos Gods influence. The Chaos Gods corrupted the minds and souls making them extremely arrogant and spiteful. Likewise, the minds and souls of the dwarfs were corrupted making them unreasonably stubborn and bitter. This is what made it easy for Malekith to instigate the whole thing. Because of the mental corruption of Chaos, the Elves and Dwarfs slit their own throats rather than working out a solution for a simple diplomatic situation.

Also the Chaos Gods caused the Elven Council to reject Malekith as king by whispering to the councilors that Malekith was unfit to be ruler.

Chaos did it. Chaos did it all.

Gilles le Breton didn't unite Bretonnia until around 970 IC. Why didn't the Empire just conquer them for those potentially useful ports, natural resources, and population that would prove to be perfectly happy farming and getting shit for it?

Why couldn't the lore have been written so Gilles lived at about the same time as Sigmar? I could see them as having a respect for each other and a recognition that neither could conquer the other. Instead we get a confusing dating system.

i'm with elves on this one. when one of yours misbehaves, you punish him, yes. yourself. should anyone from outside try to raise accusations against one of your, you make them pay (and then punish the wayward son, yes, but only own have the right to punish own)

my people, right or wrong.

>the Elves and Dwarfs slit their own throats rather than working out a solution for a simple diplomatic situation.

The Dwarfs went for the diplomatic solution first. You fucking Elf-lovers shot first.

Nippon, to bugger me some ricegoblins

>and greenskins :^)

Giles sold his soul to a non-human goddess.

Sigmar refused to sell his soul to Nagash.

No respect will be given.

Then you're a fucking disgrace.

If someone commits a crime, and you bring that crime to court, the correct response is for the criminal to be punished.

Not the fucking victim, you spineless elfcocked shit.

>The Dwarfs went for the diplomatic solution first.

Insulting the Elven king and making veiled threats and rude demands was not diplomatic.

The empire was never expansionist, it lost territory over time

>dwarfs appreciate Honour Before Reason
>our relationship worsened
>we must show Dwarfs we share their values to improve relationship
>what is a basis of honour? unreasoning vengeance.
>let's let that dwarf ambassador suffer

when one of your family/people commits a crime, you fortify the house and shoot the policemen that come for him.

or, in less extreme variant, you deny everything and try to pin the crime on anyone - the victim, an innocent bystander, anyone - because own family/people must be above all, no matter right or wrong.

it was in Sigmar's time
he conquered Marburg (alter became Marienburg) and northern lands
no idea why he didn't go for Bretonnia

Even other elves do not make demands of a caledori. Especially not a Caledori King.

Making demands of him is an imsult warranting the taking of a head, the dwarf was Lucky he ony lost a beard.

For the elves that matter was settled, then the dwarfs spent years being insulted and preparing for a war against scarcely defended colonies

It was not polite, it was diplomatic.

>when one of your family/people commits a crime, you fortify the house and shoot the policemen that come for him.

You are everything that is wrong with people.

The wotb happened some time after the sundering,

Dark elves raiding dwarf Caravans is none of the helfs Business.

Or would Dwarfs take the blame for creating Black Orcs and arming all of Chaos?

I guess you're Norse/Swedish? AFAIK family has zero value in those countries these days. and Swedish government is actively acting against its own people

Back then there was not much to Conquer in bretonnia

So why didn't some greedy lord try conquering it later? We're talking 900 years here, most of which Bretonnians spent fighting Orcs or each other or Wood Elves, and it's not like the land is poor.

what is it with dwarflets always getting so angry in these Threads?

The Empire had it's own Problems.

The WH world is not a TW Map where you send a bunch of dudes to occupy a provincial capital real quick.

presumably because it was full of angry orcs, beasts and elfs

if you were 3 feet tall smelly hairy alcoholic badger in a world of lithe and elegant 6+ feet tall elves, you would be angry too