Shinobi Quest #27

Shinobi Quest #27

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime interacted with with her new prize, and had some odd dreams. Upon waking, her and team departed the Land of Wind, bidding farewell to Lemeza and picking up so souvenirs on the way home.

After distributing gifts upon returning home, Tsuki decided to confer with Danzo regarding the events of her trip. This, however, caused a bit of internal conflict- just how much did Danzo need to know?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48067048/#p48071043
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(Last Post)

You decide it’s probably a better idea to give the flower to Danzo. What would the Yamanakas think if you brought this deadly thing into their shop, anyway?

You head back down to Danzo’s room, and knock again.

“Back so soon, Tsuki-dono? Please come in.” he says.

As you do, you produce the container.

“I brought some more things back, as I said. I decided it would be best to discuss these things with you before anyone else.” you report.

“You honor me, Tsuki-dono. Come, let us head into the facility. We’ll spend as much time as you need.” He rises, producing the key from around his neck.

You ride the elevator down in silence.

As the lights from the facility flicker to life, you realize just how much you’re going to need to go over- the plant, the egg, Lemeza, the ruins, Akatsuki, Shisui and Kisame, the joint exams….

Or do you…? Just how much does Danzo need to know…..?

YES shinobi quest time!

He has arrived!

>Or do you…? Just how much does Danzo need to know…..?
That is a good question...

Destroy the damn flower!

Everything but Kaguya, we can ask if he's ever heard the name though

Let's omit the egg. That one is going to stay with us.

hmmm...everything.
let's go with everything. Best dad 4 life.
Yup, final answer.

You need to determine just how much of the story you wish to tell Danzo.

Most of it is innocuous, but certain aspects might be concerning for the old man. It doesn’t feel right to lie to him, but you don’t want him to worry, either….

1. Tell the entire story.
2. Omit the Akatsuki.
3. Omit the Rabbits and the Egg
4. Omit 2 & 3
5. Something else (What?)

Our loyal retainer should probably be made to know everything

he can't help us make informed decisions if we hide things from him

>3. Omit the Rabbits and the Egg

Tell him about everything bar the Egg. That's our little secret

This one is our little secret.

>1. Tell the entire story.

>5. Say that something happened with the egg, but you just aren't comfortable talking about it yet...not until you get some things figured out.

what's the worst that could happen in telling him? Worst case scenario he knows and warns us, best case we have a personal attendant researching into it

>1. tell the whole story

I'm just assuming he'll know about the egg regardless from Itachi's reports (which he's totally sneaking looks at somehow). So yeah, this.

Nice, this one.

>15 posters in less than 10 mins
whew now

this I guess

Sounds like we're omitting the dream, but not the egg itself. Interesting.

Writing.

>5. Something else (What?)
Omit 3 and mention the Akatsuki but don't mention who they are. Or the fact you know who they are.

4 people is not a majority

omit dream and bunnies

>Or the fact you know who they are.

Have you been reading the Quest, dumbass?

>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48067048/#p48071043

Omit both. Only a few people agreed to that write in.

Actually I think the majority is Omitting 3 in its entirety for which I count nine votes for.

See, this is why I wait.

Not everybody alters the vote- so I'll just throw another up. The difference is less than you might think.

1. Omit both the egg and the dreams
2. Just omit the dream

Points made about the miscount.
Anyone have ideas for pre-chunin exam training? Stellar needs a huge boost considering it's the shock-and-awe factor we've been planning to bring to the exams

>1. Omit both the egg and the dreams

>2. Just omit the dream

>1

Probably hard in the paint for Stellar yeah.

Otherwise general improvement?

poker to practice deception and mind games and maybe covert intel gathering

some more Stellar

>My sensei will never be as great as Ebisu

Intelligence and speed. Maybe spend time to invent a new weapon or improve our existing ones?

Learning new jutsus, hand signs, and stamina in that order of importance

One thing Wargle worried me about is helping Nori, she needs to pass the first part of the exam.

Other than that, Tai tai tai. Tai and our physical stats need to be shored up considerably or we'll be fucked.

puppets
joking aside, stellar and stamina/speed/swords are needed

We trust danzo, but this is private.

But won't Danzo find out about the egg anyways?

Anyone got the stats on hand?

We're wearing the damn thing, so yeah

>puppets
>not phasing

Ashamed, user.

But other than that, I agree.

It's in the pastebin link, user.

Danzo can make his own damn omelette

>what is a pastebin?

This build up the physical. The main reason Tsuki doesn't like CQC is because she views it as in-elegant. So we need to find a CQC style that is elegant.
If he does and asks about it we just say its just something we picked up when we got souvenirs.

Just bribe the teachers with money and use Tsuki's charms.

Stellar and that stats that support it (ninjitsu, stamina and hand signs?)

Writing again.

and yes, you're still wearing it.

Won't Judo fit in with Tsuki's personality? Besides, we need to work on how to use the fan and sword together.

Blood Aikido.

>2. Just omit the dream

You absentmindedly play with the Egg as it dangles from your neck. He doesn’t need to know about a bauble, right?

You decide not to mention the dreams either- they’re just dreams, after all. This isn’t the first strange dream you’ve had, and that last one certainly didn’t lead to anything.

Yet.

You sit down in one of the comfy chairs Danzo moved down here after your first few sessions- for all his training, the old man still enjoys his conversation.

He reappears a short time later, with two cups of his strong herbal blend.

“For your health and memory, Tsuki-dono.” he offers.

“Much obliged, Danzo.” you respond, taking a cup.

You’ve grown a bit more accustomed to it, even if you still prefer Maru’s. He only has your best interest at heart, after all.

Once you’ve swallowed a mouthful of the bitter drink, Danzo takes a seat, and takes a sip of his own.

You inhale deeply- this is quite the tale. You start from the beginning, sparing no detail for most of the story.

Danzo’s face is an impassive mask- you’re usually pretty good at reading him, but this time is different. Things that you figured would elicit emotion cause no cracks in his facade.

The offer of the joint exams, the flowers, the strange wooden men, and even the reveal of Shisui as Kisame’s partner are nothing before Danzo’s stoicism.

You exhale. You’ve purposely left out the collection of the egg or the dreams associated with it.

>This isn’t the first strange dream you’ve had
anything ...scandalous?

sure, but that would mean I have to combat my chronic laziness.

Oh well, Ctrl+c &v later,

Tsuki Norihime

Ninjutsu 3.5
Taijutsu 2.0
Genjutsu 2.5
Intelligence 3.5 (+0.5 from Norihime Genius)
Strength 1.5
Speed 2.5
Stamina 2.5
Hand seals 3.0
Total: 21

Stellar Release Mastery Level: 2.5/5

Personally, it looks like stellar, stamina, speed, and taijutsu need some ups. We don't really use strength anyway, leave that to the peasants.

Also, we really need to learn more jutsu. We don't even know basic stuff, even water walking yet....

We need at least 2.5 in strength I'd say for a solid base.

out of our team (Nori and Hinata, not Itachi for obvi reasons) we're:
Best: Ninjutsu (+1), Intelligence (+1), Hand Seals (.5), and Genjutsu(+1.5??)
Worst: Taijutsu
Tied: (for worst) strength, speed, and stamina with Hinata

annnnd pretty small variety of available ninjutsu to use, despite the score.

Discuss away

Danzo takes another drink of his tea.

“Quite the tale indeed. A troubling one, as well.”

Danzo stands, and goes over to his bookshelf. He pulls forth something you recognize- a bingo book. He sets it on the table, pulls out another volume. It’s cover is entirely black, and is emblazoned with a simple, golden symbol.

He opens the book, and flips through several pages, before stopping.

Walking over, he turns the book over to show you. Upon the page is Shisui Uchiha- younger, and with both eyes.

“You are certain this is the man you saw?” he says, his voice still even.

1. Yes, no mistaking it.
2. Now that you mention it… maybe it wasn’t him? (Lie)

>1. Yes, no mistaking it.

Indeed, although

A martial art like Aikido which uses your opponents strength wouldn't be amiss.

What happened between you two?

1. Yep that's him, officer

Blood Aikido.

And that is?

about to ask the same thing

Confirming his identity.

Writing.

>Aikido
I assume a deadly-er form of aikido though regular aikido will do just fine.

Predictaboo!

I'm with you.

Never mind. Guess it was just for Geese.

My fanboy showin?

I thought that fucking pic was spoiler text and instinctively tried to scroll over it

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

I'd say we have quite a few ninjutsu, though your partially right. We also aren't able to use the majority of our Justu very effectively because we haven't shown stellar.

inb4 he reveals to us that shisui is a plant

I want this for Tsuki moon princess attire

Not him but we do need more jutsu, we can have our shadow clone help us cut down on the learning time though. We should get a lightning jutsu or two and shadow shuriken

W A T E R
A
L
K
I
N
G

Without stellar we have:

Transformation Jutsu
Body Replacement Jutsu
Clone Justu
Shadow Clone Jutsu
Fire Dragon Bullet
Great Fireball Technique
Phoenix Flower Technique
Blast Wave Technique

Water walking is a meme jutsu

“Yes, that was him. Older, and with a nasty scar over his right eye- but that was definitely him.” you say, staring at the picture of the younger Shisui. He looks almost happy, in this photo.

Danzo sighs.

“I was hoping it wasn’t the case- but with what you’ve told me, it seems his betrayal is complete. First he abandons us- then insults us further by going rogue.”

Book in hand, the older shinobi goes over to the desk, producing what looks to be a stamper with a wooden handle.

He lingers on the page, before stamping the photo of Shisui with red ink. You can only just make out what it says-

“Enemy”

He shuts the book, and slides it back into the bookshelf.

After a moment, he returns to his chair.

“Tsuki-dono. I believe I’m going to take you to see an old friend of mine soon. We’ve had our differences in the past- but his influence is probably the only thing I can rely upon now.”

Danzo seems… distant.