Bestiary Ideas

ITT: We describe an animal in the fashion of medieval-like bestiaries, full of dramatization and grandeur, and other Anons had to guess which IRL animals it really was

>I have only crossed path with this deceptive beast once in my venture to the deep jungle of the easts. It was dark, as twilight envelops us, and we are currently under the thickest of trees, which hinders our vision.Yet, as careful as me may be, our walked path only delivers us face to face with a black and blunt boulder barring our way.

>My colleagues wanted to press on, to jump over the obstacle and continues our journey, yet our native guide barred him by holding his shoulder. The tattooed and pierced native, I still remebers how his eyes glistened with an undescribed interest, simply opens one of our ration pouch and scooped up the flesh of a devilish,thorny fruit. He gestures us to wait as he tossed the pale mixture in his hand toward the boulder, where it lands in a squish, much like a fragile gelatin.

>To our amazement, it was when we spot some movement to the boulder, and we held our breath as we wait for whatever danger that had been shielded by that rock before, now would be disturbed and gone. Yet, the most peculiar thing happened, as the boulder itself opens a maw to display a rugged collection of teeth, and how it swayed darkness around that opening to pick up the discarded fruit. Upon tasting the peculiar mixture, the boulder shifted, and its previous darkness were now also the home for brightness, for it was actually a creature of both light and black.The duality split up the creature in two, as if they are both parts of rivalling enemies that God glued together as a testament of His Divine Will. The beast slouched at the aftertaste of our offering, and after that he rises up atop of darkness and merries into the jungle again, dissapearing completely as the identifiable white body of the beast were now hidden with foliage and shadows.

Other urls found in this thread:

bestiary.ca/beasts/beastalphashort.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

These are always full of shit

The beastiares were never this embellished and when they were fanciful it was brief and never the long winded turd you just shat out OP.

>he didn't recognize it

>hot glued

Sounds fun. I'll give it a shot.

>I have heard stories of this creature from the few explorers who have successfully returned from the red wastes. Those few men bold enough to venture into that deadly land of stone and sun, and those who have the fortitude to survive the encounter, have brought reports of many strange beasts back to the mainland, but I find this tale to be of particular intrest.

>The traveller in question describes him and his party taking shelter beneath a particularly large tree. The sun had sunk beneath the great disc of the world, and the sky shone a pale purple. They were about to rest for the night, when a great beast strode out of the bushes.

>The thing had a great hump of feather for a torso, balanced on two sticklike appendages, tipped by a two-fingered foot, with talons on each finger. It had a long, feathery neck, almost as the neck of a cobra, tipped by a tuft of fur from which protruded a sharp grey snout, but composed of bone rather than flesh. The thing turned, and the traveller felt a great dread, because that thing had eyes that glowed as the pits of Hell itself. It stood, silently, and the man and his companions were as silent as the dead.
It tilted its head up to the sky, and made a sound like a distant avalanche, and slowly walked away into the night.

Ostritch?

Emu. It's close enough that I'll give you that, though.

bestiary.ca/beasts/beastalphashort.htm

A pig?

Got it.

An otter?

Close, but an otter's legs are nothing like a hare's.

Dumping the rest while I'm here.

If it's not an otter, it must be a beaver.

It's a capybara

A duck.

I'll be back in half an hour with the answers.

>And their young cause women young and old to DAWWWW

A beaver, it must be.
That's an elephant.
An insect of some sort? No idea.
No idea.
See above.
Obviously a squid.
A lemur?

Aye-aye?

And with the results,
Pig

Capybara

Beaver

Horned Chameleon

Elephant

Fly

Green pigeon

Cicada

Octopus

Aye-aye

Nice job those of you who guessed correctly.

bump, this was interesting

Bump. People, write some shit, I'm on mobile so thread will die before I finish anything.

Those misinterpretations are all A+ fantasy monsters that I must use. This is my new method of creating monsters.

This looks like a puppet George Lucas made in the early 80s.