Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

Evil Edition. What was your favourite evil PC?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed)

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/sun-blade)
pathfindercommunity.net/magic-items/rings/ring-of-torag)
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/ring-of-evasion)
realmshelps.net/magic/items/wondrousitems.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whoops, I fucked up.
Old thread:

>animeshit
Eh, at least it's not fetish trash.

Favorite evil PC has to be a tengu rogue that would steal people's handkerchiefs, the tobasco sauce from restaurants, and occasionally knickknacks that no one cares about.

He stole so many that eventually he became a folk legend, and came to be thought of as good luck. Eateries of all kinds would put bottles of sauce on windowsills as an offering, and it became commonplace for pirates and other rogues to wear kerchiefs in their back pocket.

Jinx eaters, other tengu rogues, decided to take advantage of the good luck reputation to get themselves in among pirate ships and bandit groups.

The best part is that his token was just a regular fucking crow.

I haven't had a chance to play them yet, but I would love to play a motherly, happy lamashtan cultist who wants her family to grow.

>pregnant loli wolfgirl OP pic.jpg

Can I shamelessly yoink that as a bit of folklore/legend for a small town at some point user? That's really charming and fanciful.

What if the serial killer vigilante instead gains the following:

Thwart Pursuit: At 3rd level, a serial killer adds her level[...]
Studied Target: At 4th level, a serial killer gains the studied target ability as if she were a slayer of her vigilante level[...]

>pregnant loli wolfgirl

Ugh, no. Loli is not my thing, and the character would be, I think, human or elven probably; oh, sure, wears the mask, has the scars, but a 'normal' character who worships the mother of monsters. An adopted daughter, if you would.

Does Horror Adventure's fear and sanity subsystems mean bravery is actually fucking useful for once?

Kind of? It means Fighters have a better chance than normal low-Wis classes, particularly if they take Armed Bravery.

It isn't like I own it, user. Do whatever you want.

>oh, sure, wears the mask

Did anyone care who she was before she donned it?

But it is a lie.

Force the wizards to have low Wis, because they have no concept of right or wrong. Then throw fear and sanity inducing effects at them.

Too strong.

Most people don't when it comes to lamashtans, I find.

Lamashtu's two target audiences monster-fucking fetishists with a thing for those cheap "female knight NTRs with fat-bellied orcs", and maiesiophobes who believe pregnancy to be hell's punishment for letting your soul be corrupted by the patriarchy's oppression rapetool.

Are there good fighter archetypes that don't trade out bravery?

So, is the Knight Disciple or Monk of Silver Fist (both PoW:E) better in your opinion?

Who you were tends to matter less than what you are now, when what you've become is some bog-troll's breeding hole

I'm a wizard who wants to become a lich, but a little less than half the party is Good in some way.

How do i hide the entire 24 hour ritual (Eternal Apotheosis) from the rest of the party?

Is your alignment lawful?

eternal apotheosis is only 9 hours, you could either go to a plane where time doesn't flow or a fast time plane.

True Neutral, soon to be Neutral Evil
Huh. Didn't notice.
I don't have access to Greater Create Demiplane (needed to give your demiplane time traits) though, and going to an actual plane would probably necessitate taking the whole party with me or i'd be pretty suspicious

Well we all know you'll do it eventually so you may as well get it overwith now: kill the "lesser half" like you obviously wanted anyways.

Don't really have a choice anyway: People who knew you personally like that are able to use legend lore to find behind which nowheres between inaccessible personal demiplanes you hid your phylactery, making them far less likely to chicken out on ridding the multiverse on you for silly reasons like "but we'd have to kill literally entire planes just to get his soul box caught in it".

Wouldn't going to a timeless plane mean no time passes between when you get there and when you leave?

Not how timeless works.
Timeless means aging effects dont effect you there, and any spell with a duration of more than instantaneous is turned into a duration of permanent.

Alright, you have two options here.

1. Inform them of your plan, and get their support. Explain to them your reasoning if you think they'll understand it, and be diplomatic. Tell them about how it'll likely help things out. That way they not only will be fine with it, but will likely even defend you during the ritual.

2. Just don't tell them. Do the nine hour ritual while everybody's asleep, or just plane shift out without any of them being aware of it.

Hmm, I could've sworn there were planes where time didn't pass.

Well, in that case a flowing time plane where one day there is 6 seconds on the material. Even 1 round to 1 hour would be easy enough. Just make an excuse to go to the bathroom.

I have a question about Gunslingers first guns.
It says they can have a 'blunderbuss, musket, or pistol' for free.
Is Dragon Pistol still a pistol? Or a Coat Pistol? Can I get it as the 'pistol' mentioned is what I'm saying

Also, the blunderbuss' range is 'special' what is the deal with that?

If there is a Cleric in your party he will fuck your shit up with just one miracle.

>same guy as you behaving like the true wise neutral wizard
>I saw through the bullshit and the DM allowed me to do some investigation
>called my Cleric bro of Iomedae, tell him to gather resources for a Miracle and wait for the right time
>Faggot revealed himself as the Lich
>Miracle removed the ability to revive him
>Surprise purged him dispel magic, anti magic zone etc etc
>Murder his sorry undead ass

That was a hell of a rectal ragnarok in that session, the wizard started complaining saying the DM spoiled to us his plans.

Pistol.
Not double pistol, not buckler-pistol, not dragon pistol, not coat pistol.
Just. Pistol.

Blunderbuss range is a cone if using pellets and shit as fuck if using bullets.

Why nipples.

d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms
Blunderbuss
>The blunderbuss fires in a 15-foot cone when firing pellets, and has a 10-foot range increment when firing a bullet. A blunderbuss uses a bullet or pellets and a single dose of black powder or a single alchemical cartridge as ammunition.

For the other question it's just a pistol, since 'pistol' is an actual weapon. Though you could always ask your DM to allow it.

How do you do it when it's only found after they've lichified though?

Is it as says and you have to destroy chunks of the multiverse because otherwise the lich always revives no matter what?

That woman needs a damn bra.

Nipples of steel I might add

What's wrong with nipples?
I have nipples
You have nipples
Some people have three, some people have one, and you've probably sucked on at least one

>Assuming my parents cared enough to actually raise me themselves as opposed to just throwing me in the dumpster that's /pfg/

Just because you fell into here when you were little on your way to /d/ doesn't mean it's their fault.

Accidents happen, but they kept and raised you anyways.

How does the Monk of Silver Fist work?
How do you even sheathe and draw your fist?

Pockets.

Favorite evil PC was a gestalt negotiator bard and cleric of Ardad Lili. Cute redhead, seductive and manipulative as hell (literally), had two PC boyfriends and a harem of female NPCs.

>A weapon is considered sheathed if it is in a non-threatening position, such as a monk putting their hands at their sides or in their pockets, a spear wielder pointing the tip of their spear into the ground, a soulknife with an unformed mind blade, or even a samurai keeping their katana in its sheath. The terminology of sheathing the weapon is only intended to serve as a shorthand for any number of ways a warrior can present themselves as non-threatening with their weapon.

It's a miracle spell, its a real bullshit spell.

You are asking for a god to intervene and he knows where the fucking Phylactery if he wants to.

You use gauntlets, so when you punch someone you use your monk magic to very quickly remove your hand from the gauntlet, and then punch back into the gauntlet into the opponent before the gauntlet falls to the ground.

pockets or putting at your side/behind you.

i.e., pull a Death-Glasses Takahata

Starting at first level, playing a custom horror carrion crown adventure. Thinking of being an Ustalav native who thinks that, "ok, yeah, Whispering Tyrant went a bit too far and was one of the worst people ever, but you can't deny he got results!" Concept is undead are powerful and super useful, just don't go advertising that maybe you'd like to become a lich.
Thinking human or dhamphir oracle, with juju, bones, occult, dark tapestry, old gods, or void mystery.
Go one of those, or switch to witch? Never played an Oracle before so a bit overwhelmed by the choices available to me, but seems super fun and lots of rp potential.
Everything allowed.

won't the lich's own god protect him?

I really can't trust "let the GM decide how he wants the plot to go" as a killshot.

Liches usually dont have a god.
Most are wizards of some form.

Fedora Lich and the DM actually didn't like the player guess what happened

Can I hurt allies with Alchemist bombs?

Sounds like the DM was kind of a dick by playing favorites. Should've just talked to the player instead.

You can hurt whoever you want.

Yup, playing an alchemist and the precise bombs discovery is a must.

So I'm playing a necromancer (wiz 7/agent of the grave4, focused on debuffs with a side helping of undead minions), seeing as I'm one level away from finishing up the agent of the grave prestige class, lichdom is within my characters grasp. All evil party so no worries there, but I was wondering about the elephant in the room, the phylactory, or to be more precise, where to hide it.

I was thinking, seeing as creating Demi-planes would be possible in a few levels I could create one to hide it there, probably put it in a safe structure on said plane with a few undead, but I was wondering what /pfg/ had to say on the subject. Any tips for phylactory protection?

Does your game allow 3.5 content?

The gm is flexible enough with that kind of stuff(usually), if it's not stupidly powerful he'll allow most things.

A bit unfortunate for an evil party, the best means I ever had of protecting a phylactery, was friendship. A pair gets lichdom together, trade phylacteries, and go to opposite ends of the earth when not adventuring. When one dies, he respawns with his phylactery at a friend's place, adventurer's think they won, while he helps his bro rebuild his lost phylactery.

In a mood to pimp a build?

Got a lvl 8 human Inquisitor, Anger Inquisition
Deity: Cayden Cailean
Stats:
STR 18(20)
DEX 14
CON 12
WIS 14(16)
INT 12
CHA 7

Equipment:

Dwarven Longaxe +1 ( And there is a hidden enchant because of stuff that I done in the campaign d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/sun-blade)
Mithral Full Plate +3
Necklace of Natural Armor +1
Ring of Torag (pathfindercommunity.net/magic-items/rings/ring-of-torag)
Ring of Evasion (d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/ring-of-evasion)
Belt of Giant Strength +2
Headband of inspired wisdom +2

Feats:
Power Attack
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Dwarven Longaxe)
Judgement Surge
Blind-Fight
Heavy Armor Proficiency
Teamwork Feats:
Amplified Rage(My DM expanded the racial requirement to Ulfen)
Precise Strike

My current plan is to go
Inquisitor 8/1 Unbreakable Fighter/Horizon Walker 3

And get the Dimensional Dervish feat tree

The Campaign theme is undead and diseases

Ah yes my DM only allows DSP from third party

Can you rebuild your phylactery?

If you don't die (durr) yes you can, but be prepared to spend 120k gold.

Is there a conversion for Monk of the Silver Fist for Unchained Monks?

Oh sorry yes it's an evil campaign but the group itself has gotten one of those "fire forged friendship" things going, sure we're all assholes but we want to be asshats together, if only because otherwise means probably dieing horribly.

We came to the conclusion that fucking each other over would be a bad idea for everyone and we mesh well enough that betrayal isn't a likely thing.

This sort of campaign attracts what I would call a "Tarantino ending", you have this nice calm story building and in the end everyone die in horrible gory ways because something in the plan went to shit and domino effect kicked in like no tomorrow

rules don't explicitly forbid it, and a lich lives when it's phylactery is destroyed. Theoretically, no reason not to. Just really expensive. All the more reason to have a lichbro.

Kidnap an Elan child. While keeping them alive open them up put your phylactery (a ring) around their aorta (because I'm lazy and stealing stuff.) Gather a small barrel full of quintessence and dump the elan child inside. Since the square is full you should just regenerate next to the barrel.
On your own personal demi-plane get a weirdstone.
realmshelps.net/magic/items/wondrousitems.shtml
Now the only way for people to access your demiplane is to wish/miracle themself there.

There, your plane is mostly safe, and it even requires the (temporary) death of a small child to get to your phylactery. The child isn't necessary, but you're evil so it's expected of you.

Well then, best recommendation for lichdom: Share.

Liches who are each others' phylacteries?

Nah, liches who work together, achieve it together, then trade phylacteries and generally live on different continents. If you got lich level of magic, keeping in touch isn't hard. And if you get axed, you respawn at your bro a thousand miles away and help him build HIS phylactery the adventurers just busted, thinking it was yours.

Seems legit.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't trust a lich.

Not so sure.
Not seeing anything with a quick search or on PFSRD but in 2e, destroying your phylactery was bad news.

In 3.X:
>A lich can construct only a single phylactery. A lich whose phylactery is destroyed suffers no harm, but cannot construct a new one. If a lich without a phylactery is slain, the lich is forever destroyed.
>Regardless of the phylactery’s form, its game statistics remain the same: size Tiny, hp 40, hardness 20, break DC 40.
>A phylactery cannot be part of another magic item, nor may additional magical properties be built into it

Combined with
>An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery.
And you could argue the phylactery being destroyed ends the lich then and there, but not very strongly.

Dunno about pathfinder, probably simply never mentioned since they didn't copypasta all the 3.5 stuff

In 5e though you need to recreate a new one every century or something, and Epic Liches could create spare phylacteries but if I recall they needed more to contain their power so it was like "you have nine now, and you can survive the loss of 4" or something like that.

I'm prety sure you can make more than one phylactery now. Hell, the new Medium spirit in Horror Adventures can create a backup phylactery if they become a lich.

Seems a bit iffy, but ultimately, that wasn't copy-pasta'd, so there's no reason for it to be the end of your game. Then again, that's something awfully up to DM interpretation.

>A phylactery cannot be part of another magic item, nor may additional magical properties be built into it

Wow, I'm sure glad we don't have THAT in PF, would get rid of most of the fun of a phylactery.

This hinges on a bunch of liches trusting their immortal souls to other liches

That's why friendship, and actually knowing the dude pre-lichdom is the important factor here. It's not like you're going on Mage-Craigslist looking to trade JO crystals.

Hmm, it specifies normal lichdom, and there are no restrictions otherwise in the Lich template. I guess it's allowed, just something I never thought of.

See this is what leads to people deciding "fuck the multiverse, the lich must die"

It's a one-shot item as a class ability though, so unlikely possible by default

Isn't putting your soul in there part of the lichdom ritual process?

You can certainly make decoys, but extras?

It is a receptacle to hold your soul.

But then, if they destroyed the phylactery, and it destroyed your soul, the lich would die anyway.

Since this doesn't happen, you could interpret it as either shitty rules, or the thing just holds your soul WHEN you get adventureboned.

Arguably your soul would go off doing something else when your phylactery is destroyed. Since you're still around, however, you can call it back and box it up again with another creation process. You could also fluff the 'extras' as harry potter style horcruxes.

most likely - and in line with earlier editions - if destroyed, your soul goes right back to your body if it's functional. You're now on your last unlife.

But with current editions, no rules exist against creating additional phylacteries. So there's that going for you.

>But then, if they destroyed the phylactery, and it destroyed your soul, the lich would die anyway
I don' think that follows. Undead don't need their souls. So if your soul was separated from the phylactery because it was destroyed you'd just be a normal undead (with the lich template still applied)

>Elan child
Elans don't reproduce naturally. Every single one is made from other races by mysterious elan council. I don't imagine a council of high level mostly psions would take their long-term investment kidnapped by some random skellington lightly.

At that point, I think it's really up to DM interpretation. RAW there's nothing, and RAI are unclear at best.

Is there a way to make a weapon that isn't normally a monk weapon count as a monk weapon? Specifically a heavy flail, if it matters.

You're a wizard, just use one of your many tricks to get them to do it.
The race or the thing doesn't actually matter. I was thinking elan because they can stay alive without food/water due to their PP and racial abilities. I then decided child because you're evil, duh. Neither is important, you can use any race especially since quintessence will keep them alive. But since the only way to get to your demiplane is for you to die, or for the enemy party to wish themselves there you don't even need a body to house it in, that's just another small road bump.

Ok, I'm asking this again 'cause I want some more input

How would you make a Steel Hound Investigator viable in combat?

Don't get me wrong I'm expecting that, but everyone is currently playing nice so it's not really an issue right now
That's devious, I love it
Sadly the only other lich we have run into is currently on the other side of the Dyson sphere of a planet were on, and we cannot teleport through the mantle of the planet to get to him to try this out

All in all I think I'll go with the whole demiplane idea, I have a frost fallen dragon I never use, and could probably whip up a few more undead to protect it(not that we've made any enemies that lived to hold a grudge anyway). Not to mention the shelter to hold the damn thing, and supplies for me if/when I get deboned.

Thanks /pfg/, glad to know there's some bone heads here besides me.

To be fair, there's also no rules regarding them being destroyed either.

>An integral part of becoming a lich is the creation of the phylactery in which the character stores his soul. The only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich can rejuvenate after it is killed (see Creating a Lich, below).

>Each lich must create its own phylactery by using the Craft Wondrous Item feat. The character must be able to cast spells and have a caster level of 11th or higher. The phylactery costs 120,000 gp to create and has a caster level equal to that of its creator at the time of creation.

Seems to be the whole soul. The phylactery stores your soul. full stop.

I could just see that debacle turning out badly for everyone involved.

Which is perfect. You're setting up an conflict that can be exploited for more plot! All because you thought everyone else was beneath you!

pls respond

"All right little girl, I'm going to open up your chest and stick my phylactery in there."
"...no, mister, I don't think so."
"Oh? And how are you going to stop me, little girl?"
"I'm about three thousand, seven hundred, and eighty years old. How would you LIKE to be stopped? I could use magic, psionics, maybe some martial manuvers, or maybe I'll just watch you try and open my chest while I instantly regenerate the injury through my physiological control just to see how many decades it takes to frustrate you."
"....what the fuck?"