EDH/Commander general

Draw engines edition

Old thread: RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mazirek-the-other-eternal-pilgrim/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=414295
magiccards.info/query?q=o:warrior c!wbr&v=card&s=cname
magiccards.info/query?q=o:library o:graveyard c!ubgc&v=card&s=cname
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/let-it-loose-feat-stangg-twin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

best commander reporting in.

Puny god

not that user, but you must mean Best God

I love it. a mono- or dual-colour deck doesn't often need the fixing of a Dingot or a Relic, and being able to trade it in for removal outside your colours is great.

If Sol Ring only made 1 colourless mana, would it be better or worse than Mind Stone?

>implying

I'd say it would see more play than Mind Stone, but that doesn't mean that Mind Stone is better/worse.

POST YOUR FAVORITE REMOVAL. Not the removal you think is best but your favorite one to play. Here's mine

This is great, I have this copy right in front of me. Damn good value for 3 mana.

I really need to run this in my Volrath deck

>RG Goodstuff

Decimate is great removal, 4 mana to hit and destroy 4 things, potentially from mana people is amazing

Savage Ventmaw is also great, and combos with Aggravated Assault well. As for a Commander, Xenagod or Ruirc Thar work wonders and the other fits into the 99 very easy.

I'm rebuilding my Kruphix. I used to play him with giant G/U beat sticks, but now I'm pondering other wincons like Squallline or Hurricane. What are some other fun ones with him?

Not them but mana Ramp into a Gelatinous Genesis/ Monstrous Hydra Broodmaster is amazing. Mana ramp also and shit out Eldrazi. Lab maniac for easy card draw wins if thats your cup of tea. Helix Pinnacle is easy mode.

Oh I already know my commander

The one and only STANGG

Be sure to run Gemini Engine too. It is a barrel of laughs. Especially with pump.

It's possible the image was made before the E!Titans were a thing. Also, I would probably be playing both. Use Darksteel to quickly demonstrate infinite without Four Hoursmen issues, and then have a Titan if someone tries to make you deck yourself in response.

Workin' on Melek. Gonna have maybe 5 creatures in total, including the general. How many extra turns should I pack, if any? I don't want to get blown out by creatures that stick while trying to get the combo engine together, I'm in a creature-heavy meta

Making a Nicol Bolas deck to counteract my playgroup becoming extremely homosex. What needs to go in it to ensure maximum butt hurt?

What kind of house rules would you be ok with to let someone run Westvale abbey as a commander?

They still pay the commander tax for it. Maybe Ormendahl doesn't do commander damage.

Must be in a creatureless deck.

Since that has no cmc and you can only get the creature by making it flip, I'd say initial 'cast' is the flip cost, and then recasting it would be sacking even more dudes on top of it, or normal tax on it.

That person has to play the game in a cute little dress and a wig

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mazirek-the-other-eternal-pilgrim/

So I made some changes since I last posted this, thoughts and advice?

So you'd need to activate it as soon as you "cast" it? I think that'd be good. Having a land in the command zone is probably way too good.

Remove the 4 creatures that are not Melek. Put in Protean Staff.

What can I say? I like the simple things.

STANGG THE KANG

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=414295

Am I overlooking something? How does Emrakul work in a multiplayer free for all game? It says that in a two headed giant game I control both opposing players but in a free for all do I control each player after me?

You only gain control of 1 TARGET opponent in multiplayer.

>target opponent
>Target
>opponent
do you think lightning bolt hits every opponent or each creature?

You only get to control one persons turn, in Two headed Giant the opposing players are 1 team

OH YEAH, forgot about the word 'target,' my bad.

the greatest issue is only relying on blue and green. That said, pic related is the best.

>friend plays Oloro
>break out my Nekusar
>slap on dat infect to Nekusar

that was easy

>that guy who doesn't like the 21 commander dmg rule
>his commander is oloro

>Bore-loro
>Best Commander
Negro please

>that guy who doesn't like the 21 commander dmg rule

Man does that piss me off

>g-guys what the hell I didn't even last long enough to infinite combo out quit being so unfun

I want to build him with nothing but wraths and control and Felidar Sovereign/Test of endurance as my only wincon

But I want to copy Fireball multiple times with Meletis Charlatan and Echo Mage

>infect
>winning games
kek

you know that's BULLSHIT

>Infect
>not winning games especially on Nekusar, who does damage every turn
>not running tainted strike in decks that want big creatures.
lmao

I play Phyrexian Hydra in my Xenagod deck. It won me a game once. Hasty 14/14 infect outta nowhere!

How do I build around this guy? Any neat tech I should be aware of?

Homeward Path

Who else is excited for the new 4color commanders? Hopefully there will be commanders that have hybrid mana or activated abilities that are in different colors, but i also hope that there are legitimate 4 colors in the casting cost legends too.

I want them to be 4 color casting cost just to see what kind of mana base they will pull off

The obvious is Homeward Path.

Do you want to copy Fireball multiple times, or do you want to literally legally stack your entire deck?

So i think i'll make my Stangg deck a warrior tribal with a sub-theme of doubling and copying creatures. If i can get Mirror Gallery out then it'll be a party with all of Stangg's extended family.

>people unironically use nonbasic lands that come in tapped
Are you guys serious? Sure, 5 colour decks and whatnot, by come on. You're just begging for that new Thalia to Fuck up your day or price of progress to make you cry. The scry lands are the only ones I can see being useful, all the other ones are just plain bad.

Exactly how does new Thalia effect lands that are ALREADY coming in tapped, fuckboy?

Is there an /edhg/ discord?

>wanting to voicechat with tg
God why

Don't forget that Decimate has to have four targets.

Not him. But I can see an advantage being able to communicate faster and actually go through the process of deck building easier. That being said the autism would be absurd

You got me. She's pretty good but not in that situation. Still, basics are the way to go, just run searchable ramp and I've never had a problem, particularly with anything that has green in it. I have money, I just can't justify spending it on fancy lands that Fuck up my tempo.

So I'm making warrior tribal with Alesha, and was wondering if there are any other cards, like pic related, that have an additional effect if I have a warrior

Both, ideally

That's the only hit for "if you control a Warrior".

DID SOMEONE SAY NONBASIC LANDS?

>First cast is just the land, counts as your land for the turn
>Still have to do the 5 sack for the flip
>additional casts cost +2 mana and an extra sack for each cast

Here's a search link if you wanna peruse it:
magiccards.info/query?q=o:warrior c!wbr&v=card&s=cname

I LOVE NONBASIC LANDS

guys, really though? This is by a longshot the best commander

I think the biggest problem is that a land can't be responded to. I think it would work better if the land was treated as a spell and went on the stack

PLEASE PLAY AS MANY AS POSSIBLE

Yea I figured
Not exactly what I was looking for, but thank you anyways

So what are some cards that can take advantage of having infinite mana in RUG? I have Comet Storm and BSZ, but I'm unsure of what else to include. I'd like for the cards to be useful outside of a infinite mana situation. The combo is Riku + Worldgorger Dragon if that helps

Capsize

>I need my hand held on how to win with infinite mana when I'm in the colors of "Oops I won" and "Fireball"

Token makers with buyback, creatures with non-tap abilities like Scalding Devil.

Warstorm Surge out any Hydra that you can pump up to 40/40

Oh you do, eh? It would be a shame if something happened to them.

NONBASICS ARE STRICTLY BETTER THAN BASICS SO DON'T HOLD BACK

What's my best bet for tutoring artifacts in U/W stax? I'm thinking Tezzeret is pretty good, and I've got one on order, I'm just wondering what else I could put in there. I also run Taymio's Journal, which is a lot better than people give it credit for, and Kuldotha Forgemaster for the obvious blightsteel related shenanigans.

R/W Tribal: Humans or Soldiers?

Enlightened Tutor, Fabricate, Reshape, Transmute Artifact, Treasure/Trinket Mage, Enlightened Tutor. Artificer's Intuition isn't bad, but it has a more limited range of what it can find.

Why not both?

It seems a lot easier to produce Soldier tokens than Humans, so it seems like Soldier Tribal would be more token oriented while Human Tribal would be more specific Human creatures with human support.

There's also a very nonzero overlap of Human Soldiers that could benefit from the double-dip (excluding the Soldier tokens)

I need your help guys. I'm making Sidisi Brood Tyrant and I want to make it as spicy as possible. I'm talking Carolina Reaper level here. However, my knowledge of magic's vast card pool is small so I need some suggestions on what to include

>I want to make a spicy Sidisi deck
Throw Brood Tyrant in the trash, build mono-black Sidisi.

Spicy suggestions, thanks user! I need to grab my strionic resonator, sol ring, tangle wire and winter orb somehow, right?

Flawless taste.

I want all my colors to be spread evenly and don't want my green to all be boring cards.

So, I'm stuck running shocks and check lands.

magiccards.info/query?q=o:library o:graveyard c!ubgc&v=card&s=cname

Tada!

Terminate has been one of my favorites. Anguished Unmaking it a close second now.

Post underrated gems

What's better than one mana instant-speed removal? Nothing. Literally nothing.

Mark of Asylum.

Oh, I got you senpai. Unless those elves and goblins can go tall as well as wide, you`re golden.

Sometimes I run a Ravnica Karoo in nongreen decks, and/or Bojuka Bog. Occasional Hideaway lands are also okay, and I'm fond of Krosan Verge.

>Ravnica Karoos
>Bojuka Bog
>Krosan Verge
>Myriad Landscape
>Thawing Glaciers
>Boseiju
>Oran-Rief
>Dakmor Salvage
>Flamekin Village
>Hall of the Bandit Lord
>Valakut
>Scry Lands
>Cycling Lands
>Hideaway Lands
>Manlands

Obviously not all at once, but there are times and places where a tapped land is worthwhile.

I liked that effect so much I ran Patron of the Kitsune for a while. I got tired of all the tokens in my meta

Alright i think i'm getting this down. Now all i need is some more creatures. What should I throw in to party with Stangg?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/let-it-loose-feat-stangg-twin/