SAY GOOD-BYE TO EXODIA

SAY GOOD-BYE TO EXODIA

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/comic/_/comics/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love-r15381
youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And then Weevil threw five random cards into the sea to make it look like he'd thrown away the extremely expensive and rare cards, which he then discretely sold after the tournament was over.

Oh wait no he's just a shitty forgettable minor villain.

Also why didn't pegasus just do a re-print? Or does that come under ancient Egyptian magic laws?

You know, if some 12 year old dork had stolen and destroyed my best friend's super mega ultra rare near-unique card set basically out of cheatiness and spite, and I were, say, a delinquent jackass like Joey, I have to say that Weevil would have spent the rest of Duelist Kingdom in a beating-induced coma.
Oh wait, YGO. I'd have...sent him to the Shadow Realm. With my magic Millenium Fists. Yeah.

>Also why didn't pegasus just do a re-print?

There are more sets out there, Its just rare to play in that world.

Yugi later in the series fight a guy who runs 3 full play sets of Exodia in the same deck and just tries to draw into them.

The guy beats a number of people before Yugi beats him with a card that destroys all three of the same piece meaning he couldn't win the game at all.

>Yes that is illegal in normal Yugioh, we all know that. Show is stupid.

There are other Exodia cards, Yugi just only had one set.

Or just pushed him over the side of the boat.

He's Poseidon's problem now.

Dude was cheating like mad, he also had three each of Pot of Greed and Graceful Charity.

Or just ask Atem to Mind Crush his ass. Then you can just take his whole deck.

Pegasus also had a special set of cards printed just for himself because he wanted to make sure he won. Duel monsters is a company of hilarious mismanagement, power creep, and run by actually insane executives.

I couldn't have lasted an entire game.

Taking 10+ minutes for a turn, most of which is you just shit talking, would've made me sell my cards immediately.

Even the most burgery of magic players have never done that around me.

>let me just throw a few hundred dollars worth of cards into the ocean

Push him over the boat...into the shadow realm? I'm not quite sure how pushing someone over the boat will send them to the shadow realm.

>Then you can just take his whole deck.
But Weevil's deck was shit even by Duelist Kingdom's low standards.

Anything can send someone to the shadow realm if it's censored hard enough.

>not having a deck of 40 Pots of Greed so you can be truly invincible

But he still managed to beat that dinosaur guy.

Reminder: Joey defeated Rex with a fucking coin flip card. Rex is even more worthless than Weevil.

Still, if I was Yugi at the end of Duelist Kingdom, where both Pegasus and Kamina are right there and owe me like, fifty before each I'd at least ask "Oh yeah hey one of the competitors destroyed my exodia cards. Can I get a new set? And actually, a new blue eyes white dragon card because the manchild CEO over here destroyed my grandfather's copy. I mean, Pegasus you print the things and I guess Kaiba too under licence? Or do you just do peripherals? Whatever, replacement cards."

When was Kamina in Yu-Gi-Oh?

Then Kaiba kicks you in the face and calls you a loser because Blue Eyes is his waifu and only he can have her. And build theme parks based around her and make planes that look like her and wear footy pajamas in her likeness and have dragon fleshlights of her. Kaiba has weird fetishes.

Yugi's grandpa only cared about the Blue-Eyes because it was a gift from a friend. Getting another one would be meaningless. Not that Kaiba would let him have another anyway.

"Huhuhuhur... hey Weevil have you like... ever been to that website... you know teegee?"
"Did you say weegee?"
"Huhuhu... yeah.."
"That's like... hehehehe they talk about video games and post let's plays."
"No buttmunch huhuhuhuh... that's called... readit or something..."
"Oh... hehehehe yeah..."

I forgot the Blue-Eyes White Dragon plane was a thing.

God, this whole show is so beautifully stupid.

Who cares about Shadow Realm at that point. Shadow Realm is preferable to Poseidon's tender mercies. tender mercy for Poseidon is that he spits on it before making you his bitch

>God, this whole show is so beautifully stupid.
How I feel about anime in general.

Hence why I enjoy, but can't recommend anything in earnest

Oh shit, that reminds me, Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ just got a new chapter.

>Duel monsters is a company of hilarious mismanagement, power creep, and run by actually insane executives.
just like real life Yu Gi Oh

Daily reminder that Odysseus lost his ship, crew, and 30 years of his life all because he refused to say "Sorry I blinded your son and bragged about it at the top of my voice, I was a fuckup".

ive_seen_enough_yu_gi_oh_to_know_where_this_manga_is_going.png

All because his soul remembers his waifu from when he lived in ancient Egypt.

Not 30, actually. He was away from home fro a total of 20 years, and 10 of those were at Troy. All Poseidon did was drag the trip home out to 10 years.

To be fair, on the scale of greek gods being utter and complete cunts that seems to rate pretty low. It could almost seem reasonable with the whole son part of it.

YOU FOOL, SHE'S A DREADED PERMISSION PLAYER! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?

God, I hate that show. One of our players made a recurring character based on Melvin/Marik, voice and all.

Blue Eyes was literally his waifu in a past life.

There's a good reason why to play overcosted counters that do overkill sometimes!

>Blue eyed, lily-pale white girl in Ancient Egypt
Almost as dumb as the dragon plane.

How else will people know she has a magical dragon for a soul?

Odysseus blinded the Cyclops Polyphemus and tricked him into claiming "Nohbdy has blinded me" so Odysseus could get away from the Isle of the Cyclops safely. Then as they're sailing off, Odysseus goes "Haha, fag, it was I, clever Odysseus, that blinded your ass!"
Polyphemus prays to his dad Poseidon to curse Odysseus. Poseidon is already mad at Odysseus because Poseidon backed Troy in the Trojan War, but can't kill Odysseus because destiny, so he makes the trip home, *by sea*, as awful as divinely possible. Odysseus's men beg him to apologize several times, but he refuses every time. And every one of those men ends up dead because of his fucking pride. Fucking Odysseus, man.

Just twist his neck. At that age it's soft and weak.

>Aten fights against a dude running a fuckton of Exodias
>destroys them instead of taking a set for himself
Is Aten a retard?

So what you're saying is poseidon tried it damnedest to fuck over odysseus and the guy just tanks it likr a pro gor 10 whole years where as 30 lesser men died? That sounds kind of badass. He even stuck to his guns and shit talking and came out victorious.
Tell me, does he fuck poseidon's wife as well as pissing and shitting in his domain for a whole decade?

That hair chemicals get to you dude.

Winners should have been gifted a full set of cards anyway.

I never understood why any card game tournaments never offered this as a prize, fuck your trophies, give me a full set of the cards.

Those were litterally egyptman proxies.

Wasn't this Red Eyes Black Dragon meant to counter the Blue Eyes? Why is it never seen doing so?

no

Because REBD is shit.

I thought destiny in greek mythology was a very strict thing you couldn't meddle in. So basically Odyseus turns on godmode (heh) and fucks his team over in the ensuing chaos.

In french Weevil is named "Insector Haga". How can you consider seriously a dude with that name?

>destiny in greek mythology was a very strict thing you couldn't meddle in
If you did, the Sisters would write you out.

I wanna know why Yugi didn't tell a judge and have him disqualified. Pegasus probably would have even replaced the cards.

see
more specifically,
>Duel monsters is a company of hilarious mismanagement, power creep, and run by actually insane executives.

Because the ATTENTION DUELISTS dudes weren't on that boat?

So kind of like GW and 40K.

>Also why didn't pegasus just do a re-print? Or does that come under ancient Egyptian magic laws?
Exodia was on the reserved list

I'm just saying. Odysseus sounds like King BigDick of Sex Mountain. He blinds gods child, sneaks away successfully, shouts his success to all within earshot on littebitches turf, brags that he just fucked his kid up whats he gonna do?, littledicks only option is to throw a temper tantrum that kills 30 men and last a decade, odysseus sticks to his guns and continues to cash the check his mouth paid middle fingers held high, STILL gets back home to bang his hotwife while littebitch cries and makes the ocean that much saltier.
Seriously the guy's so alpha he made a god seem like a bitch.

>1 (one) cyclops blinded
>30 (thirty) dudes killed
>"Odysseus won"

Then there's the part where literally all of his citizens formed an angry mob to murder his ass because he killed two generations of Ithaca's men, and the only reason he got saved was an actual deus ex machina: Athena comes down to tell them to stop fighting and make peace because enough bloodshed

You act like its a point system. He literally used a gods own realm to walk up, blind his kid, brag about it at the top of his lungs, continue to flick off said god for a decade, and survive shit that killed 30 lesser men. He even apparently had a minor god of war vouch for peace to save his ass after he killed 2 generations of people.
Seriously its like this guy is just throwing his massive coin purse in everyones face and he just walks it off like a pro saying deal with it.

To top it off his wingmen can write literal gods out of existence for even thinking of fucking with him.
You honestly can't tell me he's not THE most alpha player you can name. Seriously theres dudes rolling around throwing lightning and riding krakens and banging beasts to make stable genetic abominations and he just waltzes in and nut kicks people left, right, and center and walks away scott free.

>he's not THE most alpha player you can name
Diomedes says hello.

Oh god. Tell me there's someone better that would just be amazing. Seriously it's like reading the script for an anime show.

>Be the known world's mightiest empire
>Don't capture exotic sex slaves of all shapes and colors
What are you, a Christian?

Second best fighter (behind Achilles), second best strategist (behind Odysseus), fucked up two Gods on the same day.

You read that correctly. Two ENTIRE Gods got their shit wrecked by Diomedes, in close sucession. That story is back to back badass.
Basically, Diomedes got told to fuck up Aeneas (second best Troyan fighter, after Hector). Problem is, Aeneas was the son of Aphrodite, and she was likely to help his son should he ever be at risk, so Athena told Diomedes to fuck Aphrodite up if she appeared, but to NOT fight any other God.
So Diomedes wrecks Aeneas. Aphrodite appears, and Diomedes wrecks her. She flees back to Olympus (leaving Aeneas behind) and complains to the Gods. Apollo appears, and Diomedes moves to wreck him before remembering Athena's orders to not do so. Diomedes relents.
Apollo rescues Aeneas and complains to the Gods, so Ares goes to help the Trojans, only to (guess what) get wrecked by Diomedes.

Because the show's metagame never evolved enough to get to Future Fusion with Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon.

Honestly there just needs to be some over the top weaboo fightan anime and all the kids in the world will suddenly want to read up in this shit. We could even get them in on other shit and maybe the funding needed for saving places of historical significance would suddenly be a non-issue. How crazy would some spin off of india mythology be.

And everyone thought my Ancient History teacher was nuts for saying a film version of the Illiad that directly adapted the source material at pretty much 100% face value would be off the walls crazy awesome.

this thing is comedy gold

That dragon jet is probably more aerodynamic than anything the Imperium likes to fly in atmosphere.

Because you probably already have all the cards anyway if you can build the deck and win the tournament...

Now I want to see an AdMech dragon jet.

Weren't his cards counterfeit?

Yeah, he was cheating real bad. In the dub, they weren't counterfeit, just marked. Either way, it's implied that it's just rare, not one-of-a-kind.

I wish WotC were more like Pegasus

>>Yes that is illegal in normal Yugioh, we all know that. Show is stupid.
Yes and no. When Yugioh was first introduced, there were no banlist, so every card only had the "three of the same card in a deck are allowed"-rule. So yeah, in the first days of the game, you could legaly carry three full Exodia-sets in your deck...

What is the name of this manga?

Wizard's Soul.
bato.to/comic/_/comics/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love-r15381

Oh, i shoud have readed the thread before...
Thanks for the info user!

So a sanctified Helturkey?

Weevil somehow stole the Duelist Kingdom tournament rules before the tournament even happened.

Point is, if Pegasus gave a shit about disqualifying him he would've done it.

Odysseus eventually gets killed by his son from Circe whom goes on to marry Odysseus' wife, so he didn't really win

In the story I heard he fucked up Aphrodite, then he fucked up Ares and then Apollo had to blind him repeatedly while running away on a chariot to avoid getting wrecked. Also Athena gave him a helmet and a shield that shot fire.

Really any religion would make a good anime.

>Anonymous
Not like he even needs them

The hell? Anonymous wasn't there when I hit post

I think Pegasus would make a good replacement for MaRo.

He was a human, he would have died at some point anyway. Judging him by all of his accomplishments, i'd say he won.

I wouldn't be suprised if there are only 4 prints of each exodia card considering there are only 4 copies of blue eyes white dragon.

My deck list, r8 or h8

>35 Pot of Greed
>1 Left Arm of the Forbidden One
>1 Right Arm of the Forbidden One
>1 Left Leg of the Forbidden One
>1 Right Leg of the Forbidden One
>Exodia, the Forbidden One

Don't forget to like and subscribe :^)

>Her mother played black zombie sacrifice decks following the theme of her inevitability. The key point was that no matter what you tried against her, her black deck was going to inevitably break you down with death-related spells. Manaka under her tutelage focused on permission/mill focus decks under the theme of trying to stop that defeat, thematically as a way of telling her mother "no, you don't have to give up, there's still hope". But she failed, every time, and her mother's death-deck always steamrolled her permission, mirroring their life situation.
>Manaka felt that her mother's acceptance of her impending death was wrong, but couldn't persuade her otherwise despite it being her foremost goal, and she played the game not to enjoy herself, but with the particular single-mindedness of trying to defeat her mother. And she never succeeded. Now she is playing these similar decks in the tournament, but she's again not playing for fun, because she really doesn't enjoy the game. She's good at it, but it has sad memories associated with her and she can't really bring herself to love it like everyone else.
>And because she's not having fun with it, those she plays can't either, because it triggers a bad mode. If she had Ouji's personality she could play whatever she wanted and no one would complain, but she glowers and remains terse, and that kind of spirit is contagious in sporting events. It's like seeing Roger Maris step up to the plate while the crowd is still wanting to see Mickey Mantle.

Fuck, dude.

Years ago, my friend and I meticulously studied the anime and manga to construct true character decks. I had two character decks, Kaiba and Weevil. We would spend hours doing voices and having character deck duels.
Those were the days...

Did you ever get the Catapult Turtle maneuver?

You might like the new Legacy of the Duelist video game. The campaign mode is all about recreating the duels from the anime.

Obviously it's not exact because they have to stick to the actual card game rules rather than the batshit retarded anime rules, but it's as close as possible.

So the Fate series? Just remove the genderbending and it's exactly like what you said.

But genderbending and crossdressing are pretty common in Mythology.

Zeus, pls go and stay go

I was thinking of Thor and the time he crossdressed to get his Hammer back actually.

So, just came out today, a-a-and, I'm gonna beat the shit out of this fucker right here!
youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810

The hammer was his penis