en.lichess.org/
chess24.com/en
chess.com/
brainking.com/en
littlegolem.net/jsp/main/
chesstempo.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you tried to get better?

Should be a lot of online-play communities and clients out there, no? I imagine it'd be like FUMBBL but with hundreds of thousands more opponents, so finding your own league of skill shouldn't be too hard?

Fortunately for you, grasshopper, Veeky Forums is always eager to help you learn by doing.

You go ahead and make the first move.

Start by setting up the board right, that normally helps in the long run

then practice every day

I'll play with you user. I suck too.

Yes there are!

>live games
en.lichess.org/
chess24.com/en
chess.com/

>postal games
brainking.com/en
littlegolem.net/jsp/main/

>tactics
chesstempo.com/

if this is Black to move, it's a fucking stalemate

The best way to improve below master level is tactics; 99% chess is tactics. And I would say the remaining 1% is tactics too, but is too deep to be calculated or intuited, so we use general concepts to reach them.

Focus the training on tactics, all kind of tactics. This includes engames, which are a lot but always the same, and can be learned by pettern recognition, as all tactic concepts.
At some point you will need to know something about openings: don´t study them through memory, but through understanding of ideas, common plans, typical pawn structures and how to use them, etc.

And of course play a lot, and enjoy!

Just do basic defense and castle if you have to play someone at a social gathering, it's not worth getting pro, but castling and basic defence can make you at least not get destroyed by some random stranger.

One game is too mainstream. Let´s play two parallel games:
1.e4
1.d4

1.d5
1.d5

2.Nf3
2.c4

that is still the dumbest rule in this game.
oh you have just a king and have a limited number of turns till you lose, and no matter how much you got out played it's still a draw

I'm a 2100 USCF, anyone up for some lichess blitz? Let me know, y'all.

If you know what you're doing and it's still winnable, you won't stalemate your opponent. Stop bitching and git gud.

2... dxe4
2... dxc4
Yum

Let´s retake both
3.Ng5
3.e3

What does Chess Players think about jiujitsu? I just started training this, and they are always comparing the fight with a chess game.
Pic related, they actually use this kind of images.

Also this kind of images (sorry if pic for ants, I'm on mobile)

Learn how to checkmate first and play in reverse

>multiple queens on shota-king
god fucking dammit Veeky Forums

This guy knows what's going on.