Errata:
manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS OF WAR/KoW FAQ and Errata 290915.pdf

Recommended list builder:
kow2.easyarmy.com
Hit "PDF" at the top right for easy posting of your lists
Includes relevant special rules on the last page

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2016/08/unredacted.html
blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2016/08/for-those-doomed-to-repeat-history.html
youtu.be/a7ocspamPOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any recommendations when dealing with Mantic CS?

They must have the worst quality control ever.

My LFGS has pic related in stock, for a bit less than 110€.

I fucking wish I didn't already have a thousand skellies.

No idea, never had any problem with their minis.

What skirmish scale game do you guys play?

Send them pictures of course

They have good CS, but as you said box things incorrectly, especially large orders

Frostgrave and Malifaux.

I honestly would like to see /kowg/ just turned into generic fantasy wargames general as I love games that let you use any minis you want and allow heavy your dudes, especially with a sword and sorcery flavor. KoW does mass combat pretty well, better than Armies of Arcana in my opinion, while ASoBaH and Frostgrave do that well in skirmishes, with Dragon Rampant filling the gap between the two easily.

That's what I would like too, soem of these games aren't talked enoug. A fantasy wargames general would be a good idea imho. I tried to do some SoBaH generals and they died without reaching 200 tough.

It has to deal with dungeon saga.

Yes once quantities go above one all bets are off.

Any news for KoW stuff?

Historicals next month. Rules and army lists, which makes me slightly concerned it won't be 100% compatible, and if that's the case I'm not really interested.

Oh also Naiad Serpent Riders models.
blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2016/08/unredacted.html
blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2016/08/for-those-doomed-to-repeat-history.html

The Naiad riders look neat, and the historical if it isn't compatible with KoW it will fail I fear. Too many good mass battles games for historicals already.

It would be a good idea, especially if I can get my hands on a good list of fantasy or medieval historical manufacturers.

The naiads are awesome

What happened?

>I fucking wish I didn't already have a thousand skellies.

I'm in the same boat. I would have loved to have these around since I kitbashed all my skellies with anything I could find.

New models, finally.

I think Trident realms are the least played faction right now though.

Those naiad riders look very good, I'm surprised that Mantic have made Such good models.

They should of also included water elementals and greater water elementals. Use them for Trident realms and forces of nature.
But that would make too much sense.

Bump?

Have since read that it is compatible, though not necessarily thoroughly playtested and balanced against the fantasy armies. The rules they refer to are just a complete copy of the rules, so it can be played as a standalone.

Most recent mantic models are good actually. Salamanders and footslogging naiad and undead especially.

Bump for brains

Dang, nice army bro, it's yours?

Also anyone know how good the lizards are?

Nah it's the armies of one of the staff at my lfgs.

Nice!

Just look at the model recommendation list on the WHFB threads

There are tons and tons of manufacturers for these things thankfully. Whereas other games may not make it easy to proxy in other models and steampunk robots and zombie hookers are somewhat of a niche, Elves and Dwarves are pretty low hanging fruit.

What models are being used as the wights?

Are the historical lists going to be tournament legal, or are they going to be wholly seperate?

It's warmachine cryx IIRC

For Ashlynn, if he still roams around here

Try to hack that guy off of his integral base. Otherwise the model itself is fine.

Ill texture the fuck out of the base don't worry.

It's more that the integral base sticks off of the base beneath it. If you use a Mantic base (Which wouldn't be bevelled) then you could definitely pull it off with less cutting as well.

Anyone know what they are working on next?

I know about the trident realms naid riders but what is next?

I was thinking of making an Alternative Wargames general, but I'm worried about how much traffic it would get

and I don't have a mega for pdfs

screw it, I'm going to try and make an /awg/ I'll link it here for you guys to hopefully help out with content.

Is that a Ironleaf elf ?

please support

It is.

Historical book
Then supplement with rebooted Twilight Kin along with Northern Alliance and Ophidians
I have no idea what they are doing next with models however

I'm very excited for the historical book, I hear it has 30lists. I Wonder if it will have notes on different scales for my 6mm stuff?

So do we want to merge with /awg/
or...

/kowg/ has slowed quite a bit now that everybody curious has either gotten into or passed on KoW at this point.

What does it cost to get enough figs for a decent game i.e. not the bare bones "rules require a minimum of x units" but to but enough figs get a feel for the intricacies of the game

>Full scale of the game
One of the mega armies.

Granted, not all of the armies have one yet, but, the price is about what you'd be looking at no matter what you went with.

Even after that you'd be picking up a few odd regiments to occasionally swap stuff out to adjust tactics.

Starter set ($80) plus individual dudes in blisters ($40) is easily enough to have a full army. Even just a starter set and something with inspiring should be enough for 1000 points.

I don't see the point. Maybe a fantasy game general would make more sense? Either way it wouldn't have the entire OP dedicated to it.

Well, we'd probably need more than one OP of links for everything given how big the current list of games over at /awg/ is.

fantasy wargames general would work if it's basically Not-WFHB. KoW is now one of the bigger "alternative" games but even still it can barely hold a thread on it's own.

The only other WHFB clones are 9th Age and Army project, both of which are talked about in the WHFB threads. Warthrone is kill, and Armies of Arcana isn't really a presence. Something closer to generic fantasy games that let you use any figures would be more thematically reasonable as that would cover different scales of engagements.

I started the alternative general not to try and steal away KoW, I mean, last year kow was going strong, I'm kind of sad to see the state of you guys.

There was talk of turning KoW into Mantic General, and covering Dreadball and stuff too.

If /awg/ works out and /kow/ doesn't you guys are welcome, but I for now we'll keep them seperate

You can do it with cardboard rectangles if you're trying out wargaming to see if you like it

>kind of sad to see the state of you guys

Eh, /kow/ doesn't have a lot to discuss.

Nothings broken
There is no lore

Newbies come in, ask "what's the best army", get advice, then leave.

There's quite a few players, even more in Europe than USA, and more East than West coast USA, but they don't post their battlereports here much.

Everybody already had painted WHFB armies too, so there's not even much in the way of wip content either.

Per player, KoW is probably the quietest game around actually.

It's nice that it's more peaceful now I suppose, last year there was a great deal of shitposting. AoSg was nice when it was quiet, but the shitposting is in full force as it stands.

The army there should be around 1500 points and costs a hundred euros. 1500 points is already pretty good to play even if 2000 points si more common.

>but they don't post their battlereports here much.
About that, there is some project at my LFGS to make battlereports, first in french but probably dubbed or subbed in english ultimately. I'll keep you posted.

>Nothings broken

Okay not broken, but the following are pretty bent:

- Flyers
- Breath Attack Spam
- War Trombones
- Honeymaze Pharoahs
- Red Goblin Blasters (would be worthwhile at 50% higher points)

Additionally basic melee infantry are lacklustre. You can get an effective but matchup-reliant army if you spam cav, flyers, Ra shooting, Breath attack shooting, or super-heavy infantry (Siegebreakers and such) but lots of footslogging melee fighters is just not threatening at all.

Had a couple of crap games with Abyssal Dwarfs lately. Got crushed by Ogres. They were 1500 point games. I brought 2 Angkor heavy mortars. In the two games combined they fired 18 shots and hit once. Dice games, eh?

>they don't post their battlereports here much.

A few weeks ago I posted TWO video battle reports in a single thread. Not a single response.

The tournament rule on flyers (losing fly when hit in melee) make them pretty balanced.

A friend and I tried this with our Warhammer models.

It was amazing to have my Skaven Warlord go from "cheap guy I have in my army because I have to have one" to "HE IS THE LORD OF WAR" while his Lizardman warlord guy was more of a cheapo.

We had a lot of fun and it's way less unwieldy than than Warhammer Fantasy. I hope it lives long and prospers!

>A few weeks ago I posted TWO video battle reports in a single thread
Wasn't that the brotherhood/aby dwarves one at low point count ?

It was, that and Abyssal Dwarfs vs. Dwarfs.

I didn't see the second.

youtu.be/a7ocspamPOY

I'm sad to say it's been getting harder to make videos.

I've been using powerpoint, since the narration automatically times the slides to the audio. But I'm finding that after a recording the audio on 1/4 to 1/2 the slides is corrupted and it takes a long time to go back through and fix. Recording separate audio and timing the length of slides manually is also annoyingly time consuming.

Anyone got an idea of what to do?

Something that bugs me is that you didn't really play the objective there, while your opponent really did well even if your army was much more fit for it.

Nice battle report.

>The army # there should be around 1500 points
Is that with units having every model or taking into account the possibility of 50%+1?

Every model

Plus I actually advise having at least 66% of the minis as per recommended in the errata since some tournies have been anal about that in bongland.

As it stands, taking every model and in the configuration shown on the pic it amounts to exactly 1400 points without any options.